Pak vs WI: 2nd ODI

Thanx for starting the thread ,and with time more people will join in ,it should be a cracker of a game .

I hope a) M Sami plays b) Takes a 5 for in Pakistani victory c) Goes on to have a successful career......
If all of that happens then may be in a few years from now i'll be able to say that this great bowler turned his career on its head by playing at my home city of Faisalabad!

PlanetPakistan said:
I hope a) M Sami plays b) Takes a 5 for in Pakistani victory c) Goes on to have a successful career......
If all of that happens then may be in a few years from now i'll be able to say that this great bowler turned his career on its head by playing at my home city of Faisalabad!

Ameen to that!

UJ said:
True that! :p

All i care is that Pakistan team will perform and win, I had always supported the "team" not just the individual players.
Inshallah today victory will be OUR.

PlanetPakistan said:
sum ameen!....waisay realistically speaking he'll have a hard time getting in the side once Asif and Shoaib get back!

Well GUL has nothing to prove anymore , and if the team is selected based on performance rather then Bari's and Inzi's favorites ,He is IN.

darkmoon459 said:
Well GUL has nothing to prove anymore , and if the team is selected based on performance rather then Bari's and Inzi's favorites ,He is IN.
with S Afridi out we also now have an option of playing 4 bowlers

how about this team for the future(maybe for the ODIs in SA)

Farhat
M Hafeez
YK
Yousuf
Inzi
A Razzaq
Malik
M Sami
U Gul
AKhtar
Asif

darkmoon459 said:
All i care is that Pakistan team will perform and win, I had always supported the "team" not just the individual players.
Inshallah today victory will be OUR.

Of course, same here! :19:

PlanetPakistan said:
sum ameen!....waisay realistically speaking he'll have a hard time getting in the side once Asif and Shoaib get back!

yeah, but Shoaib wants to focus more on tests and bowling depth is always good, so maybe we can have a rotation policy for the bowlers.

PlanetPakistan said:

Farhat
M Hafeez
YK
Yousuf
Inzi
A Razzaq
Malik
M Sami
U Gul
AKhtar
Asif
Just one tiny problem there....no wicketkeeper!!

usman917 said:
yeah, but Shoaib wants to focus more on tests and bowling depth is always good, so maybe we can have a rotation policy for the bowlers.
that's what i have been wanting for a long time because let's face it these 5 games bilateral series aren't really that important....i would much rather have our bowlers fit for the test matches and big ODI tournaments!

PlanetPakistan said:

Farhat
M Hafeez
YK
Yousuf
Inzi
A Razzaq
Malik
M Sami
U Gul
AKhtar
Asif

Besides the flaw UJ pointed out, I'd have Malik @ 3. IMO he gives us the best chance to win, as opposed to YK.

PlanetPakistan said:
that's what i have been wanting for a long time because let's face it these 5 games bilateral series aren't really that important....i would much rather have our bowlers fit for the test matches and big ODI tournaments!

Truth be told, I'd rather have experimentation now. Specifically, get Rehman some games and see if he can help out. Get Sami some games and see if he has anything to offer. Perhaps even get Adnan Akmal, or Haider some games and see who is best served as our 2nd WK.

I'd also say get Arafat some games, he has the potential to be great.

m_sohail said:
Besides the flaw UJ pointed out, I'd have Malik @ 3. IMO he gives us the best chance to win, as opposed to YK.
let's just pretend i never opened my mouth...because with Kami in we'll have to drop either Malik or M Hafeez

PlanetPakistan said:
let's just pretend i never opened my mouth...because with Kami in we'll have to drop either Malik or M Hafeez

And you'd drop Malik, wouldn't you?

PlanetPakistan said:

coughSAMIcough....

m_sohail said:
Truth be told, I'd rather have experimentation now. Specifically, get Rehman some games and see if he can help out. Get Sami some games and see if he has anything to offer. Perhaps even get Adnan Akmal, or Haider some games and see who is best served as our 2nd WK.

I'd also say get Arafat some games, he has the potential to be great.
sure..but i am also against having too many youngsters/fringe players at the same time...so let's just start with M Sami and then we'll see how things stand!

my 11 for today (at least what I'd like to see):

Hafeez
Farhat
YK (I want Malik here, but realisticly that isn't gonna happen)
Malik
Inzi
Razzaq
Akmal
Rehman
Rana
Gul
Rao

m_sohail said:

Hafeez
Farhat
Malik
Inzi
Razzaq
Akmal
Rehman
Rana
Gul
Rao

Batting looks weak and do we really need three spinners?

m_sohail said:
You'd have to subsricbe to one of the online stream sites.
Which ones? How expensive are they? Can I buy on a match basis? Sorry about the barrage of questions but I appreciate the help...

m_sohail said:

Hafeez
Farhat
Malik
Inzi
Razzaq
Akmal
Rehman
Rana
Gul
Rao
not a bad team there....but only good for this particular match because the batting looks just a touch weak

Coverage in on ,Yousuf is out and Sarwan , for WI Bravo and chanderpaul are also out

usman917 said:
Batting looks weak and do we really need three spinners?

For WI pitches, I would say yes. Hafeez is a player whose spin can cause problem, but I wouldn't say the same about Malik's spin. Rehman can also bat a bit, so that is a plus.

Yousuf's absence has left a void, but I'm not so sure I want Iqbal to fill it....

Last edited:
Picth report ,due to rain ,pitch will seam and will be handful for the team bat first.

m_sohail said:
For WI pitches, I would say yes. Hafeez is a player whose spin can cause problem, but I wouldn't say the same about Malik's spin. Rehman can also bat a bit, so that is a plus.

Yousuf's absence has left a void, but I'm not so sure I want Iqbal to fill it....
I think Afridi will be a handful on those sluggish tracks

PlanetPakistan said:
I think Afridi will be a handful on those sluggish tracks

I agree also, but given Afridi's poor form with the bat, I'm not so sure he'll be able to "make" Bari recall him.

Afridi, hands down, would be my choice as the 3rd spinner.

An interesting fact...source:planetPakistan

PAK have not won a match while batting 1st since the 4th ODI vs ENG in DEC 2005!

darkmoon459 said:
sami is not in the team ,rana ,gul and rao and rehman are our bowling attack.

I'll go out on a limb and say Rehman will bowl impressive spells! :D

m_sohail said:
I agree also, but given Afridi's poor form with the bat, I'm not so sure he'll be able to "make" Bari recall him.

Afridi, hands down, would be my choice as the 3rd spinner.
Afridi is not out of the team because he isn't good enough....they are keeping him out of the team to get his batting form back and even if his batting continues to go downhill he'll still make the WC team as a pure bowler

PlanetPakistan said:
Afridi is not out of the team because he isn't good enough....they are keeping him out of the team to get his batting form back and even if his batting continues to go downhill he'll still make the WC team as a pure bowler

I'm not so sure Bari is able to see that Afridi's bowling alone merits him a recall.

IMO he is too daft to realize that Afridi shouldn't be looked as a batting all arounder at the moment given his poor form with the bat. Use him for his bowling, and any runs will be a bonus.

Last edited:
Rehman gets selected over Danish, quite remarkable. Lets see how he does.

m_sohail said:
I'm not so sure Bari is able to see that Afridi's bowling alone merits him a recall.

IMO he is too daft to realize that Afridi shouldn't be looked as a batting all arounder at the moment given his poor form with the bat. Use him for his bowling, and any runs will be a bonus.
they should give him a number where they want him to bat...and if it's #8 then i am afraid he can't expect him to average over 15

well done Gul....i was just about to mention that L Simmons is a talent and we shouldn't take him lightly!

Good first over by Gul 1-1

Plenty of movement for Gul and now Rana is into the attack

why isn't Waqar successfull on working with GUL to keep the seam up right. His seam is always scrambled. Rana bowling well. good to see him back in decent form.

reload said:
why isn't Waqar successfull on working with GUL to keep the seam up right. His seam is always scrambled. Rana bowling well. good to see him back in decent form.
that's how he gets seam movement...

Back