PAK vs WI 3rd Test: Day 3 - Score updates and Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
i think score will be level or Pak might get 5to10runs lead bcz pathetic bowling from gul and nazir.

azcali78 said:
Man horiable Pakistan performance in the field so far. Cant get one guy out. Hafeez missed a simple runout chance all he had to do throw at bowling end.
:13:

We just got complacent guys ... thought the job was done ... and now the windies tail is making us pay.

this could be a blessing in disguise.....because this means our openers wont have to go through the nasty session

we need a bowling change ASAP - wake up Inzi !!!

Pathan007 said:
i think score will be level or Pak might get 5to10runs lead bcz pathetic bowling from gul and nazir.
just for the record....
Highest 10th wicket stand is 151
Musy and A Mahmood vs SA...

94.5 Kaneria to Collymore, no run, flighted delivery on the off, Collymore opens the face of the bat and plays that to gully
94.4 Kaneria to Collymore, no run, tossed up on the off, Collymore gets right behind and defends it

this guy is suppose to be a horrible tail ender

ok this is just sad... when does the india match start - i want to see them get bowled out for 50 without dravid :)) :))) :)) :)))

PlanetPakistan said:
94.5 Kaneria to Collymore, no run, flighted delivery on the off, Collymore opens the face of the bat and plays that to gully
94.4 Kaneria to Collymore, no run, tossed up on the off, Collymore gets right behind and defends it

this guy is suppose to be a horrible tail ender

Kaneria makes even the worst tail enders look like Bradman!!!

kashif77 said:
ok this is just sad... when does the india match start - i want to see them get bowled out for 50 without dravid :)) :))) :)) :)))

I think that is still some 4-5 hrs from now.

Well like PP has said, I guess it ensure we don't bat before lunch. But it might mean we are still bowling after lunch as well. Windies 9/259 ... just trailing by 45 runs now.

Tailenders are always awkward to get - esp on a pitch like this.

I expect Kaneria to clean up

PlanetPakistan said:
he is hardly even playing and missing

Kaneria's figures do look pretty good for this match though ... he's gone at less than 2 an over .... 3/62 in 35 overs.

Now go on and clean up the tail would you.

So in the end, we couldn't get the tail enders out, they had to run themselves out.

95.6 Abdul Razzaq to Collymore, 1 run, OUT, RUN OUT! fuller on the legs worked wide of mid on, comes back for the second run, Yousuf picks up the ball and throws it to Razzaq at the bowlers end, who breaks the stumps, Ramdin dives in, referred to the third umpire, red light flashes.
D Ramdin run out 50 (95b 7x4 0x6) SR: 52.63

absolute rubbish bowling from Nazir and Gul and that allowed a 44runs last wicket partnership. :12: :12: :12:

So a lead of 44 runs ... the windies did well to get that deficit down, but all in all, I think its not a bad performance from Pak to restrict WI to 260. Now the real challenge starts.

I must say that it was quite an annoying partnership but if you look at it in a positive way then you'll find 2 things
a) They played out the morning session for us
b) They made sure that our openers didn't have come out 10 or 15 mins before lunch

Pathan007 said:
absolute rubbish bowling from Nazir and Gul and that allowed a 44runs last wicket partnership. :12: :12: :12:

You going to have ups and down in each game. They started the windies decline today, so should give them some credit as well.

genghis81 said:
You going to have ups and down in each game. They started the windies decline today, so should give them some credit as well.
but allowing 2 tail enders to bat like that was simply ridiculous.

genghis81 said:
what does that word mean again? :13:

PlanetPakistan said:
I must say that it was quite an annoying partnership but if you look at it in a positive way then you'll find 2 things
a) They played out the morning session for us
b) They made sure that our openers didn't have come out 10 or 15 mins before lunch

Thats what I like to hear ... always thinking positively :19:

Pathan007 said:
but allowing 2 tail enders to bat like that was simply ridiculous.

Happens everywhere to the best of bowlers. This wasn't the first and it definately wont be the last time we'll see it either. Are we already forgetting that Kaneria and Gul put on 32 as well in our innings.

genghis81 said:
Happens everywhere to the best of bowlers. This wasn't the first and it definately wont be the last time we'll see it either. Are we already forgetting that Kaneria and Gul put on 32 as well in our innings.
of course forgetting that's y all this drama. after all we r Pakistani :))

Anyways I'm off ... enjoy the rest of the match ... hope Moyo can get his 44 runs and hope we can put on at least 200 runs on the board.

So Ramdin doing a mini Akmal here - dropping Yousuf but then making up with a neat little 50 !

MIG said:
about 50 ?

yeah i think "SIR" MOYO :) was on 63 then. i just hope he continues his form in south africa.ive become addicted to those cover drives that i could only play holding a racket and pretending.....an still not do it with enough elegance. the guys batting is poetry.......and i should stop.......

Sanjay Manjrekar has oft repeated this point on TV - that MoYo will NOT get a second life against better quality opposition ( ie SA/Eng/Aus ) - and he has a point.

I would love to see Moyo play chanceless knocks against these guys!

MIG said:
Sanjay Manjrekar has oft repeated this point on TV - that MoYo will NOT get a second life against better quality opposition ( ie SA/Eng/Aus ) - and he has a point.

Only thing that matters is MOYO to get pass viv richards record ,and after that I don't care if he gets any chances in SA.Every time he got a chance he made the best of it and thats a sign of a great batsman.

He did that ,didn't he ????

And it begins.....

Farhat and Hafeez - a lead of 44 runs - 2.5 days remaining in this match - a result is very likely.

MIG said:

but he'll always get chances bcz he's Sheikh. :)

Pathan007 said:
same as Gul.

which was ? :D

Anyways...a cautious start for both openers 1.5 overs gone and no run in this inning.

jusarrived said:
hmm nice...influnce of that 'i support pak ' thread n TP ,huh? :)
no Kapil paa jee is one of my fav...i was actually planning for a while(we are talking weeks) but was too lazy to do it but today i didn't go to my math class so i had some extra time+ wasn't feeling that lazy

good ball from powell. Hafeez looked in trouble there.

Amjid Javed said:
good ball from powell. Hafeez looked in trouble there.

How so AJ ? Is the ball doing too much or the bounce really low ?

Both pakistan openers will have to graft here against new ball, then runs will come.

PlanetP
why have you got that Avtar.. puts me off my breakfast!

GOOD YORKER from collymore, well blocked by Hafeez.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back