Pakistan (158/5) face danger of a 5-0 whitewash after a 7-wicket defeat in the 4th T20I against New Zealand (159/3)

Yes! Do it! Play the game in the correct way! Your losing anyways!
Absolutely agree. Better to get skittled out every single time trying to hit big. I would also counter that Pakistan just don't have the talent level of the other sides in international cricket they don't have the consistency or talent to play at the strike rates - they are even below Sril Lanka and West Indies and probably a par with Bangladesh, Netherlands and Zimbabwe. Its cool its their place get used to it.

Absolutely agree. Better to get skittled out every single time trying to hit big. I would also counter that Pakistan just don't have the talent level of the other sides in international cricket they don't have the consistency or talent to play at the strike rates - they are even below Sril Lanka and West Indies and probably a par with Bangladesh, Netherlands and Zimbabwe. Its cool its their place get used to it.
Why can't we maximize our talent reserve and prepare the team catered to our strengths?

Playing the game the right way is all good, but if you don't have the players for it then you need to stop being stupid.

Keep going around in circles with me on this

When Fakhar does what he does as an “opener”

Then talk to me
You didn't have answer when I showed you his record as an opener. How convenient to ignore for you? You are acting like a child, always blaming Rizwan. No doubt he has limitations, but still gets best out of his limited capabilities.

I dont have problem with you attacking Rizwan all the time, you are free to share your opinion, but you can be selective when it comes to criticism.

Saim Failed in 3 matches, but Rizwan is the problem
Iftikhar failed in 4 mathes but Rizwan is the problem
Azam khan failed in 4 matches but Rizwan is the problem
Your speedster Haris rauf is failing since Asia cup, but Rizwan is the problem

I am glad that I mostly follow the matches randomly on cricinfo now. Such a usless team lol.

Why can't we maximize our talent reserve and prepare the team catered to our strengths?
No.

You want this because you will not accept that the guys who you think are good are actually not good enough. It’s plain and simple

Pakistan have been on a path of deviation, false superiority over a long period.

You didn't have answer when I told showed you his record as an opener. How convenient to ignore for you? You are acting like a child, always blaming Rizwan. No doubt he has limitations, but still gets best out of his limited capabilities.

I dont have problem with you attacking Rizwan all the time, you are free to share your opinion, but you can be selective when it comes to criticism.
Know ur counterpart , he vouched for Asif ali to be the captain of the national T20 team.......
Initially i thought it was a joke but it was damn serious 😂😂😂😂😂

You cannot win the game after scoring a mediocre score and then dropping nfew catches and having bowlers in the team who looked like some club-level trundlers. Pathetic scorecard and whitewash seems on here.

1705658185131.png

No.

You want this because you will not accept that the guys who you think are good are actually not good enough. It’s plain and simple

Pakistan have been on a path of deviation, false superiority over a long period.
They might not be good enough, but they are a lot better than the dross we have posing as batsmen performing in our domestic cricket.

Your champions have failed horribly this series, and yet we have delusional numpties defending Azam Khan of all players.

Pakistan cricket is going to the dogs every other day, and delusional fans/random journalists with agendas is not helping either.

Know ur counterpart , he vouched for Asif ali to be the captain of the national T20 team.......
Initially i thought it was a joke but it was damn serious 😂😂😂😂😂
That's also ok, everyone is entitled to their opinion and we should respect that. But you just can't blame 1 person for every single thing happening in the team. As if Pak had won dozens of world titles before Rizwan came into the team.

For Pak, wins against SENA and India have become so rare now, especially when opponent teams field their first XIs. In SENA the record is getting terribly lopsided now, Pak has lost 7/7 games in the last 1.5 months.
In the last 15 years, Pakistan have only won 119 from 341 matches across all formats against Australia, India, England, South Africa and New Zealand.

A win percentage of just under 35%. And that's including series where those teams have put out second string sides !

Mitchell, Phillips power Black Caps to another T20 win

At Hagley Oval, Christchurch: Pakistan 158-5 (Mohammad Rizwan 90n.o off 63; Matt Henry 2-22 off 4, Lockie Ferguson 2-27 off 4) lost to Black Caps 159-3 (Daryl Mitchell 72no off 44, Glenn Phillips 70no off 52; Shaheen Afridi 3-34 off 4) by seven wickets.

Daryl Mitchell and Glenn Phillips dug the Black Caps out of a giant hole to continue Pakistan’s T20 series misery.

New Zealand made it four straight wins over Pakistan in front of a sellout crowd of 8750 at Hagley Oval in Christchurch on a balmy summer’s night, prevailing by seven wickets.

The duo came together with New Zealand on the ropes at 20-3, chasing 159, producing a match-winning unbroken 139-run fourth wicket stand. New Zealand got home comfortably with 11 balls to spare.

Phillips and Mitchell frustrated Pakistan after they made a stellar start with the ball and then teed off late in the innings to inflict more pain.

Mitchell showed why he went for NZ$2.7 million in the recent IPL auction to the Chennai Super Kings, hitting an unbeaten 72 from 44 balls, while Phillips was brilliant too with 70 not out from 52 balls.

Pakistan would have been livid with two fielding errors which proved costly. Mohammed Wasim should have caught Mitchell in the deep when he was on 19, but misjudged the ball in the lights and was slow to run in.

Mitchell had another life on 35 when he was shelled at long-on by Sahibzada Farhan in the 14th over.

With Mitchell and Phillips at the crease, New Zealand were 114-3 at the 15-over mark, needing 45 from 30.

Defending 158, Pakistan had to start well with the ball and captain Shaheen Afridi led from the front.

Pakistan were desperate to see the back of the dangerous Finn Allen, who smacked a New Zealand T20I best 137 from only 62 balls in Wednesday’s win in Dunedin, belting 16 sixes.

Afridi let out a huge fist pump after he forced a leading edge from Allen with the fourth ball of the run chase, having been hit for back-to-back boundaries. He had two in the over, giving Pakistan a dream start when Tim Seifert perished, chipping to Babar Azam at mid-on.

New Zealand were in strife when Afridi had a third in his next over with Will Young, stepping in for Devon Conway, who was ruled out with Covid-19, well held by Mohammad Nawaz at short midwicket. That left the Black Caps 20-3 in the third over with plenty to do.

Enter Phillips and Mitchell, who brought New Zealand back into the match with a critical stand.

It was run a ball stuff from both batters for a chunk of their stand, until they upped the scoring in the back 10.

Pakistan got through to a below par score of 158-5, anchored by opener Mohammad Rizwan’s unbeaten 90 from 63 balls.

Rizwan was outstanding, carrying his bat, hitting six fours and two sixes when it looked like Pakistan might struggle to reach the 150-mark after being 86-4 in the 13th.

Rizwan’s knock and a 21 not out cameo from Nawaz, off nine balls, was key in getting Pakistan to a respectable total.

Nawaz smacked Adam Milne, in his 50th T20I, 13 years and 24 days on since his debut in 2010, for three straight sixes in Pakistan’s penultimate over.

Pakistan finally got to bat first in the series after being sent in by New Zealand skipper Mitchell Santner.

Matt Henry had the Hagley faithful roaring early, striking in his first over at his home ground, the second of the innings. Mitchell bobbled the catch at slip, but regathered the second attempt to send opener Saim Ayub on his way.

Henry was the pick of the Black Caps’ bowlers, taking 2-22, and able to get movement early. Santner was also miserly with his left-arm spin, conceding just 23 runs from four overs.

The sides meet again at Hagley in the final match of the series on Sunday (1pm start).

SOURCE: https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/350149067/mitchell-phillips-power-black-caps-another-t20-win

158-5

Great use of the wickets after the powerplay (9 wickets in hand.

Losing 5 wickets only, scoring 30-40 runs short in this innings. Who can we blame? Who can we blame without being labeled a hater?

In the last 15 years, Pakistan have only won 119 from 341 matches across all formats against Australia, India, England, South Africa and New Zealand.

A win percentage of just under 35%. And that's including series where those teams have put out second string sides !
Pakistan is a terrible in all formats, fans are delusional to think we have better players in domestic, you just don't have anyone.

Well that’s a lie

That’s like you guys saying I hate for the sake of hate. Rizwan isn’t good enough for you to believe he is the right player for me to dish out unnecessary hate

He is the WRONG player, and I am sick of opening your eyes to the truth. But I will continue because my intentions are clean.
Suryakumar is better any hard-hitter Pakistan has ever produced

158-5

Great use of the wickets after the powerplay (9 wickets in hand.

Losing 5 wickets only, scoring 30-40 runs short in this innings. Who can we blame? Who can we blame without being labeled a hater?
middle order batting and middle overs bowling
every single game....

Well that’s a lie

That’s like you guys saying I hate Suryakumar for the sake of hate. Rizwan isn’t good enough for you to believe he is the right player for me to dish out unnecessary hate

He is the WRONG player, and I am sick of opening your eyes to the truth. But I will continue because my intentions are clean.
for a team like Pak Rizbar is a gem .... look at Saim , Farhan , Azam khan and 1 more in the dugout Haseebullah khan

this is what they got even in reserves....... + carrying passengers like Ifthikar , Haris on friendships

Instead of focussing on individuals , you need to look at how you can get more out of a combination.

PAK fans and think tank are somewhat delusional about winning with bowling strength

You need top quality bowlers who are always fit, always in rhythm and peaking every game to win based on bowling strength.

No team can do that let alone Pakistan

If you want a better batting performance , you have to compromise on the 5th bowler - Nawaz who adds nothing with ball or bat and is a massive choker.

Play your 4 best bowlers and your best Top 7 and get 4 overs of part time

That batting depth will allow the top order to go harder with confidence.

You'll get better outcomes than you are getting now at any rate.

Interested to see what Director saab will do after this phainty , he is yet to win a game even in the best of formats for Pak...

Rizwan and Babar are good in a T20I XI.

I don't think they should be discarded because they consistently put runs on the board. However, they shouldn't be opening but instead be used as a safety net after the openers.

Babar is fine at #3.

Rizwan should be coming at #4 or #5.

Give the PP overs to Saim/Farhan/Fakhar depending on the openers they wish to go with. If things fall apart, you can rely on Babar/Rizwan to save the innings and take it to a respectable score. If the openers do well, you can even promote a lower order hitter to continue the momentum.

No matter what Babar and Rizwan are still among the nation's top six T20I batsmen.

Those were the days when we had Umar Gul, Saeed Ajmal, and Shahid Afridi, and we used to easily defend 130.

Instead of focussing on individuals , you need to look at how you can get more out of a combination.

PAK fans and think tank are somewhat delusional about winning with bowling strength

You need top quality bowlers who are always fit, always in rhythm and peaking every game to win based on bowling strength.

No team can do that let alone Pakistan

If you want a better batting performance , you have to compromise on the 5th bowler - Nawaz who adds nothing with ball or bat and is a massive choker.

Play your 4 best bowlers and your best Top 7 and get 4 overs of part time

That batting depth will allow the top order to go harder with confidence.

You'll get better outcomes than you are getting now at any rate.
Nawaz won't make the team if Aamer Jamal is given a consistent run. Shadab being unavailable is forcing Shaheen to play Nawaz for the moment.

The bowling is decent if it hits good form:

Shaheen
Naseem
Haris
Shadab
Jamal
Iftikhar as a part-timer

More than decent bowling attack.

So they got beat again, what a surprise. Didn't bother with this match after previous clown shows, glad I did so. I think the hockey analogy is fast becoming a reality if not already happened.

But I have been saying this for 3-4 years here

Yet guys like me are the villains
Williamson Kohli Babar type players can't play a 130 off 60 innings, and it is also rare innings anyhow.
Even Finn Allen can't play that innings repeatedly. That is why he averages 26.

So teams have to cut their cloth accordingly.
We need to have players that can play that way but you yourself will not be prepared for the number of failures that these kind of players have.
In 10 out of last 20 t20i innings Finn Allen has scored less than 10

New Zealand have no problem with this, but we as Pakistanis have an issue
This is why we see people starting to get on Saim and Azam Khans back already. Because the last 20 innings of Finn Allen, 10 scores of less than 10 is unacceptable to us.
Then people turn around and ask - where is our Finn Allen :facepalm:

It's poor understanding of the game at best and hypocrisy at worst.

(From my point of view Saim should get every game between now and the world cup, because the way we want him to play he will fail more than succeed, but that is how you build a t20 team. 2 consistent batters and everybody around them is about strike rate)

Last edited by a moderator:
Nawaz won't make the team if Aamer Jamal is given a consistent run. Shadab being unavailable is forcing Shaheen to play Nawaz for the moment.

The bowling is decent if it hits good form:

Shaheen
Naseem
Haris
Shadab
Jamal
Iftikhar as a part-timer

More than decent bowling attack.
We need to focus on the t20i world cup being in WI. I think you need an extra spinner in the eleven ahead of Jamal.
I'd love for it to be Imad because he can bowl in the powerplay, is a decent hitter, a smarter cricketer than nawaz, and being a leftie like nawaz helps the batting order.

That's a nice stat in the sense it paints an accurate picture of the vitality and trend of a particular team. I did the same for India and I knew it'd be better than Pak but by no more than a few percent points.

But it's a lot better for India the past 15 years. 401 matches, 205 won, 160 lost.

Delusional fans are blaming selectors again because they cannot accept that Pakistan has zero talent.

If Saim was not selected, the same fans would not shut up about how he would have been the difference between winning and losing.

Delusional fans are blaming selectors again because they cannot accept that Pakistan has zero talent.

If Saim was not selected, the same fans would not shut up about how he would have been the difference between winning and losing.
Who is better batsman Rizwan or Fakhar? According to some fans Rizwan is the reason we are loosing (Drop him) and Fakhar as an opener will score tons.

Saim looks as bad as Burger boy!!! M Haris is another Haider/Asif Ali. Farhan is no international material. Rauf needs to be booted. Afridi is as bowler is far worse than Babar as a batsman.

Mitchell, Phillips power Black Caps to another T20 win

At Hagley Oval, Christchurch: Pakistan 158-5 (Mohammad Rizwan 90n.o off 63; Matt Henry 2-22 off 4, Lockie Ferguson 2-27 off 4) lost to Black Caps 159-3 (Daryl Mitchell 72no off 44, Glenn Phillips 70no off 52; Shaheen Afridi 3-34 off 4) by seven wickets.

Daryl Mitchell and Glenn Phillips dug the Black Caps out of a giant hole to continue Pakistan’s T20 series misery.

New Zealand made it four straight wins over Pakistan in front of a sellout crowd of 8750 at Hagley Oval in Christchurch on a balmy summer’s night, prevailing by seven wickets.

The duo came together with New Zealand on the ropes at 20-3, chasing 159, producing a match-winning unbroken 139-run fourth wicket stand. New Zealand got home comfortably with 11 balls to spare.

Phillips and Mitchell frustrated Pakistan after they made a stellar start with the ball and then teed off late in the innings to inflict more pain.

Mitchell showed why he went for NZ$2.7 million in the recent IPL auction to the Chennai Super Kings, hitting an unbeaten 72 from 44 balls, while Phillips was brilliant too with 70 not out from 52 balls.

Pakistan would have been livid with two fielding errors which proved costly. Mohammed Wasim should have caught Mitchell in the deep when he was on 19, but misjudged the ball in the lights and was slow to run in.

Mitchell had another life on 35 when he was shelled at long-on by Sahibzada Farhan in the 14th over.

With Mitchell and Phillips at the crease, New Zealand were 114-3 at the 15-over mark, needing 45 from 30.

Defending 158, Pakistan had to start well with the ball and captain Shaheen Afridi led from the front.

Pakistan were desperate to see the back of the dangerous Finn Allen, who smacked a New Zealand T20I best 137 from only 62 balls in Wednesday’s win in Dunedin, belting 16 sixes.

Afridi let out a huge fist pump after he forced a leading edge from Allen with the fourth ball of the run chase, having been hit for back-to-back boundaries. He had two in the over, giving Pakistan a dream start when Tim Seifert perished, chipping to Babar Azam at mid-on.

New Zealand were in strife when Afridi had a third in his next over with Will Young, stepping in for Devon Conway, who was ruled out with Covid-19, well held by Mohammad Nawaz at short midwicket. That left the Black Caps 20-3 in the third over with plenty to do.

Enter Phillips and Mitchell, who brought New Zealand back into the match with a critical stand.

It was run a ball stuff from both batters for a chunk of their stand, until they upped the scoring in the back 10.

Pakistan got through to a below par score of 158-5, anchored by opener Mohammad Rizwan’s unbeaten 90 from 63 balls.

Rizwan was outstanding, carrying his bat, hitting six fours and two sixes when it looked like Pakistan might struggle to reach the 150-mark after being 86-4 in the 13th.

Rizwan’s knock and a 21 not out cameo from Nawaz, off nine balls, was key in getting Pakistan to a respectable total.

Nawaz smacked Adam Milne, in his 50th T20I, 13 years and 24 days on since his debut in 2010, for three straight sixes in Pakistan’s penultimate over.

Pakistan finally got to bat first in the series after being sent in by New Zealand skipper Mitchell Santner.

Matt Henry had the Hagley faithful roaring early, striking in his first over at his home ground, the second of the innings. Mitchell bobbled the catch at slip, but regathered the second attempt to send opener Saim Ayub on his way.

Henry was the pick of the Black Caps’ bowlers, taking 2-22, and able to get movement early. Santner was also miserly with his left-arm spin, conceding just 23 runs from four overs.

The sides meet again at Hagley in the final match of the series on Sunday (1pm start).

SOURCE: https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/350149067/mitchell-phillips-power-black-caps-another-t20-win
Highlights of 4th T20I

reality check of this mediocre team and lacking talent. Atleast they gave saim..azam and now farhan a go but clearly not one of them is international material which is a fact and then we look at indian C team side pure talent

Shaheen Shah Afridi speaking at end of the match:

“I think the way Rizwan gave us the start, it was very good. Unfortunately, we couldn't grab the opportunity in middle overs"

“I try to take wickets in the first over. I feel 170 was a good total on this pitch and if we had grabbed our chances, we could have won this game,”

Williamson Kohli Babar type players can't play a 130 off 60 innings, and it is also rare innings anyhow.
Even Finn Allen can't play that innings repeatedly. That is why he averages 26.

So teams have to cut their cloth accordingly.
We need to have players that can play that way but you yourself will not be prepared for the number of failures that these kind of players have.
In 10 out of last 20 t20i innings Finn Allen has scored less than 10

New Zealand have no problem with this, but we as Pakistanis have an issue
This is why we see people starting to get on Saim and Azam Khans back already. Because the last 20 innings of Finn Allen, 10 scores of less than 10 is unacceptable to us.
Then people turn around and ask - where is our Finn Allen :facepalm:

It's poor understanding of the game at best and hypocrisy at worst.

(From my point of view Saim should get every game between now and the world cup, because the way we want him to play he will fail more than succeed, but that is how you build a t20 team. 2 consistent batters and everybody around them is about strike rate)
Babar's limitiation is understated here. Babar has never had a 20 plus run over in T20I. Both Kohli (26 run over) and Williamson (22 run over) have. Let me put this way. Babar relies a lot more on bad balls, Pak relies on guys like Nawaz, Fakhar, Iftikar do get that big over. Babar's six hitting skill is one of the poorest in T20 history for a top order batsman.

Strange looking score line for T20.

Pakistan had lost only 4 wickets till 18th over and lost only 5 in 20 and yet did not try to score more.

170 all out is better than 158/5.

Babar's limitiation is understated here. Babar has never had a 20 plus run over in T20I. Both Kohli (26 run over) and Williamson (22 run over) have. Let me put this way. Babar relies a lot more on bad balls, Pak relies on guys like Nawaz, Fakhar, Iftikar do get that big over. Babar's six hitting skill is one of the poorest in T20 history for a top order batsman.
I think he is better than he used to be at 6 hitting. And Williamsons must have been purely a one off on the smaller grounds of NZ where he plays half his cricket

Strange looking score line for T20.

Pakistan had lost only 4 wickets till 18th over and lost only 5 in 20 and yet did not try to score more.

170 all out is better than 158/5.

Tell that to the people who are celebrating Rizwans innings as one of the iconic knocks of all time.

Tell that to the people who are celebrating Rizwans innings as one of the iconic knocks of all time.
It was a strange knock given SR of 140 with half of the balls faced when team has lost only 4-5 wickets till the end. Losing a few more wickets while trying to score faster should have been the goal.

How have new zeland overtaken pak so quickly over the last 3 to 4 years.

The gap between the two teams is insane
The bowling is misfiring but the biggest difference is in the number of clean strikers of the ball. Pakistan doesn't have any, Fakhar is the only one that comes close but he is only doing it against spinners

Everybody is bashing rizwan. I think rizwan played its part, SSA managed to get 3 wickets initially now if we had get 2 more wickets, then it would be our match. But as again our bowling and fielding has again let us down. It was a win for pak after SSA triple strike

Last edited by a moderator:
Pakistan need to retrospect. You can do great things if you believe and have the right attitude. I think the team is way too soft and complacent, happy with mediocrity because they simply don't believe that they can do well.

Pak is not in danger of getting whitewashed here, they are in danger of reaching a point of no return, with each passing day, it looks more and more likely that their cricket will go the hockey way.

Everybody is bashing rizwan. I think rizwan played its part, SSA managed to get 3 wickets initially now if we had get 2 more wickets, then it would be our match. But as again our bowling and fielding has again let us down. It was a win for pak after SSA triple strike
This isn't a given, in T20 many teams have came back from early dismissals as its only 20 overs. After scoring a feeble amount of runs, NZ knew it was an easy chase regardless of early wickets going down.

No Conway and no Mitchell for NZ now. Surely, PAK are due to win against a weakened NZ with law of averages also catching up?

Back