Pakistan (158/5) face danger of a 5-0 whitewash after a 7-wicket defeat in the 4th T20I against New Zealand (159/3)

BouncerGuy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Runs
This series is going towards a whitewash as Pakistan struggled to get a big total again while batting first. Pakistan scored 158 in their 20 overs.

I am not hopeful much that the Pakistan bowlers will be able to defend such a low total.

Can they do it?

Last edited:
Lockie Ferguson - Great crowd, thought we put up an exceptional performance. It's coming out good and I'm enjoying myself with the ball. Hagley wicket is a nice bouncy track with grass, we're happy with this total and should be able to chase it down. I love playing at home, we did speak about 150, so pretty happy, the ball will hopefully come on better under the lights.

if Pakistan get Finn Allen wicket early they have some chance

This used to be the sort of total our bowlers would feel like they had the edge against.

They would defend it more often than not.

But against this NZ team and with our bowling so out of form, 160's don't feel like anywhere near enough.

Open with a spinner against this guy. Shaheen not learning

Shaheen is swinging the ball and the second ball was 140 kph although his line was off the first few balls.

Still down on what his pace was before, the rest of the balls were high 130s.

Huge wicket!

Need to keep pushing here and put them under pressure.

Rolf Haris/shaheen will make sure nz get the target within 12 overs

Looked like two New Zealand fans had a “Marry me Shaheen” sign while another New Zealand fan came down and made some very lewd gesture next to them

As I said in first innings 170 with proper bowlers was a good score here. It's a slightly sticky surface

Rizwan’s innings is looking better and better wow.

Rizwan scored 90, New Zealand’s entire top order scored 12 runs! Mashallah!

This is what happens when u chase, Nawaz showing signs of life today. Afridi luck is also working today, well bowled.

Shaheen should bowl all 4 of his overs on the trot. We have plenty of good death bowling to come with Zaman, Mohammad Wasim Jr, and Rauf.

Shaheen Shah bowling well but honestly out of the 3 wickets, 2 wickets was NZ giving their wicket away vs brilliant deliveries by SSA.

Last edited:
Shaheen should bowl all 4 of his overs on the trot. We have plenty of good death bowling to come with Zaman, Mohammad Wasim Jr, and Rauf.
Agree. Hope our captain has the ability to maneuver tactics when it makes sense.

Great captaincy to bring himself back.

Almost a wicket first ball by Shaheen but no first slip. Shaheen get the slip back in there!!

Shaheen Shah bowling well but honestly our of the 3 wickets, 2 wickets was NZ giving their wicket away vs brilliant deliveries by SSA.
Most of wickets against Pakistan are such,its brought on by pressure of otger good balls

Most of wickets against Pakistan are such,its brought on by pressure of otger good balls
For the first wicket, SSA had bowled two wides already so there wasn't much pressure on the batsmen.

Dont understand the point of giving the new ball to Haris on 3rd over and giving Wasim who can swing both ways the 7th over after the PP is finished...

When will they learn Haris cant swing to keep the batsman quiet , only got pace..

Why did Gillette/L’Oréal not go for the catch there?

What happened? Did Mohammad Wasim Jr not see the ball coming to him! Should’ve been an easy catch if he moved forward…

Does Gillette have ambassadors in Pakistan?

Surely they make Wasim JR their Pakistani ambassador

This partnership needs to be broken else Pakistan is out of this game soon.

Pakistan should really win from here. NZ tail starts with Chapman at no.6

great catch by Rizwan…

Oh no that’s not what happened

Back