Pakistan (178/4) suffer an embarrassing 7 wicket loss in the 3rd T20I against New Zealand (179/3)

Babar said they were 10 short.

While Shadab just said that with the start they got in the PP, they should've got 200 atleast.

It was a 210-220 par wicket. Pakistan were too defensive in their approach. If your top order cannot go at a minimum of 160-170 S/R, they should not be in the team.

NZ will not win t20 wc.. neither qualify for semi this time.. they have bottled too many chances to win the tournaments with their best players in history.. this time its going to be either India or surprisingly WI that wins it.. WI will put up a decent team with all their mercenaries coming back for the tourney
Tbh it’s their bowlers who are letting them down, also Kane Williamson also slowing down a bit more now with age

-Trent Boult isn’t as lethal as he once was
-Lockie Furgouson bowling tripe these days
-Tim Southee as 3rd seamer not inspiring much confidence
-Matt Henry is decent, but lacks pace and will also be targeted by explosive batsmen
-Santner is still good/okay

The fringe seamers that have played against Pakistan in the last couple of years are not looking too good if I am honest. They are OK on their own turfs but don’t inspire much confidence.

Don’t really get this Chapman guy.

He has no issues touring Pakistan
He plays beautifully here
He can’t get an IPL contract

Why doesn’t he simply secure a platinum PSL contract? He will get that every season for the next 10 years
only a matter of time he gets a big IPL contract

Glen Maxwell quit RCB. They should look at Chapman as replacement

Tbh it’s their bowlers who are letting them down, also Kane Williamson also slowing down a bit more now with age

-Trent Boult isn’t as lethal as he once was
-Lockie Furgouson bowling tripe these days
-Tim Southee as 3rd seamer not inspiring much confidence
-Matt Henry is decent, but lacks pace and will also be targeted by explosive batsmen
-Santner is still good/okay

The fringe seamers that have played against Pakistan in the last couple of years are not looking too good if I am honest. They are OK on their own turfs but don’t inspire much confidence.
I would put my money on Aus to win it but not sure if they will have appetite to win another world title in space of 6 months. If they come serious into tournament who knows but i doubt it

In a post-match ceremony, Babar Azam spoke about what went wrong in the match against New Zealand that led to their defeat, He said:

"To be honest batting wasn't that bad; We managed to catch up later on but I think we were 10 runs short and you know Rizwan also faced a setback and got injured so a new batsman had to step in but as you know it's not easy for a new batsman to adjust early on. However the way Shadab and Irfan set up a partnership recovered us so well. You know on this venue a par score is between 180 to 190 so I think we did well in batting."

"It depends on the situation which position suits whom to bat, so as per the scenario, Shadab was more suited to the situation and we sent him in. He executed his plan so well and as we know he plays his natural game and executes it according to the plan we provide him."

"The way Saim started tonight he did exactly what we were expecting from him and he delivered quite well. You will see more improvement in his batting in the future."

"We started quite well in the early 6 overs but you know when you drop catches it makes a difference especially when you drop the catch of a set batsman and when dropping a catch of a Mark Chapman who always plays well against us obviously he will take the match away from you in no time. On top of that we didn't bowl according to our plan which we accept and we will make sure not to repeat the same mistake in the next games."

only a matter of time he gets a big IPL contract

Glen Maxwell quit RCB. They should look at Chapman as replacement

Has only performed against England and PAK.

IPL franchises usually go after players who perform against India with some real competitive bidding - like Travis Head and Daryll Mitchell this season after they performed against India in World Cup.

Has only performed against England and PAK.

IPL franchises usually go after players who perform against India with some real competitive bidding - like Travis Head and Daryll Mitchell this season after they performed against India in World Cup.
What about mitchell stark.. got the highest bid on what basis? Guy looks uninterested in franchise cricket.. it seems kkr wasted money on him

What about mitchell stark.. got the highest bid on what basis? Guy looks uninterested in franchise cricket.. it seems kkr wasted money on him

He's a fast bowler though. I don't think foreign batters generally get bifs unless they have performed against India or in a big tournament or something. Chapman hasn't really done that.

In a post-match ceremony, Babar Azam spoke about what went wrong in the match against New Zealand that led to their defeat, He said:

"To be honest batting wasn't that bad; We managed to catch up later on but I think we were 10 runs short and you know Rizwan also faced a setback and got injured so a new batsman had to step in but as you know it's not easy for a new batsman to adjust early on. However the way Shadab and Irfan set up a partnership recovered us so well. You know on this venue a par score is between 180 to 190 so I think we did well in batting."

"It depends on the situation which position suits whom to bat, so as per the scenario, Shadab was more suited to the situation and we sent him in. He executed his plan so well and as we know he plays his natural game and executes it according to the plan we provide him."

"The way Saim started tonight he did exactly what we were expecting from him and he delivered quite well. You will see more improvement in his batting in the future."

"We started quite well in the early 6 overs but you know when you drop catches it makes a difference especially when you drop the catch of a set batsman and when dropping a catch of a Mark Chapman who always plays well against us obviously he will take the match away from you in no time. On top of that we didn't bowl according to our plan which we accept and we will make sure not to repeat the same mistake in the next games."
10 runs short? Are you kidding me? They had like 2 overs left to bat? Wdym 10 runs short?

And why does irfan and shadab have ti recover? So you acknowledge that you and rizwan are at fault?

He's a fast bowler though. I don't think foreign batters generally get bifs unless they have performed against India or in a big tournament or something. Chapman hasn't really done that.
Only delusional Pakistanis believe that whoever performs against Pakistani bowlers is world class.. Bhuvenshwar Kumar at back end of his career is bowling faster than SSA.. i saw him bowl 135 KPH other day consistently and SSA was around 130-134 .. what a downfall

Dont think Starc will get any bid in future. Everyone knows now that he is not bothered

There is growing discontent about astronomical salaries of some of these Aussies cricketers due to reputation & their subsequent lack of returns

Only delusional Pakistanis believe that whoever performs against Pakistani bowlers is world class.. Bhuvenshwar Kumar at back end of his career is bowling faster than SSA.. i saw him bowl 135 KPH other day consistently and SSA was around 130-134 .. what a downfall
Shaheen has badly regressed. He should not be an automatic selection in the team.

It is embarrassing to lose against a NZ c team.

I would have opened with Saim and Rizwan and slot Babar at 3.

Irfan needs more time and is not ready for International cricket.

Can't continue to drop Imad Wasim.

Shaheen needs rest as he is clearly struggling and cant even bowl around 140 kph, besides he is mentally shot after losing the T20 captaincy.

People getting so worked up by this loss. No biggie just another T20 game. New Zealand are great at flexing their muscles but how many ICC trophies have they won with their champion side they always come a cropper in big tournaments

Dont think Starc will get any bid in future. Everyone knows now that he is not bothered

There is growing discontent about astronomical salaries of some of these Aussies cricketers due to reputation & their subsequent lack of returns

He deserved base price that's it for the kind of form he is in. The money he got was due to his career that went well in 2015 or so. In current form he doesn't even deserve bidding.

The Pakistan Coach Azhar Mahmood felt Pakistan could have set New Zealand a bigger target in the 3rd T20I. He said:

"We were 15 to 20 runs short based on the par score. You know, we started quite well in the initial 6 overs where we scored around 54 runs and Shadab played very well towards the end of the innings. I think we lost momentum in the middle overs from the 7th to the 15th as the ball was gripping a bit."

"This is a learning curve for us in terms of where we need to improve. If you look at the opposition their score was 4 runs less than ours by the 10th over and they lost 2 wickets. But from the 7th to the 10th over they built their innings and then accelerated and definitely, the way Chapman played tonight was something extraordinary, that's what happens in T2O cricket if any player sticks around on the wicket, he can take the game away from you in no time."

Mark Chapman’s unbeaten half-century led New Zealand to a comfortable seven-wicket win over Pakistan in the third T20I here at the Rawalpindi Cricket Stadium on Sunday night. The win levels the five T20Is at 1-1, with the remaining two matches scheduled to take place in Lahore on 25 and 27 April, respectively.

The first T20I of the series on Thursday was abandoned due to rain, while Pakistan won the second T20I at the same venue last night by seven wickets.

Chasing 179 to win, the tourists lost two wickets in the batting powerplay with 53 runs on the board. After the departure of opening batters Tim Robinson (28, 19b, 5x4s) and Tim Seifert (21, 16b, 1x4, 1x6), Chapman and Dean Foxcroft got together and went belligerent on the bowlers from the beginning. Chapman, in particular, entertained Rawalpindi crowd with his fine display of batting, playing shots at will against the likes of Shaheen Shah Afridi and Naseem Shah.

Chapman returned unbeaten on 87 off just 42 balls, and struck nine fours and four towering sixes during the innings. The left-handed batter stitched a 117-run partnership for the third wicket, which helped the Kiwis achieve the target with 10 balls to spare.

Right-handed batter Foxcroft hit a four and a six in his 29-ball 31 innings before getting dismissed by Abbas Afridi in the 18th over.

For Pakistan, Abbas grabbed two wickets, while Naseem took one wicket.

Earlier, Pakistan made one change in their playing XI in tonight’s game, Abbas Afridi replacing Mohammad Amir. After being put into bat, Pakistan scored 178 for four in 20 overs. Opening pair of Babar Azam and Saim Ayub went blazing from the start and scored at nine runs an over in the powerplay. Southpaw Saim was the first batter to return back to the hut (55-1), scoring 32 of 22, which included five fours and a six in the seventh over of the innings.

After Saim’s departure, Mohammad Rizwan and Babar got together and took the home side’s score to 84 for one at the halfway stage. In the 11th over, Babar (37, 29b, 4x4s, 1x6) fell to Michael Bracewell as the hosts were 84 for two.

In the 13th over of the innings, Rizwan (22, 21b, 1x4) retired hurt after pulling his right hamstring. Right-handed batter Usman Khan (5, 7b), playing his third T20I, became Sodhi’s second scalp of the evening as the hosts were 105 for three in the end of 13 overs.

At that stage of the game, Muhammad Irfan Khan was joined by Shadab Khan and the pair knitted 62 runs for the fourth wicket off just 34 balls. All-rounder Shadab scored a quick-fire 41 off 20 balls, smashing four fours and two maximums. Irfan, playing his third T20I, returned undefeated on 30 off 20 balls, hitting three fours and one six to help Pakistan post 178.

For New Zealand, leg-spinner Sodhi, was the pick of the bowlers with two for 25 in four overs.

Both sides will now travel to Lahore with five-match T20I series evenly poised at 1-1. The remaining two T20Is will be played at Gaddafi Stadium in Lahore on 25 and 27 April, respectively.

Scores in brief:

New Zealand beat Pakistan by seven wickets

Pakistan 178-4, 20 overs (Shadab Khan 41, Babar Azam 37, Saim Ayub 32, Muhammad Irfan Khan 30 not out; Ish Sodhi 2-25)

New Zealand 179-3, 18.2 overs (Mark Chapman 87 not out, Dean Foxcroft 31; Abbas Afridi 2-27)

Player of the match – Mark Chapman (New Zealand)

The sad thing about Pakistan cricket now is @Mamoon cant even come and make those “my my my” *Klopps Smirk* posts anymore at the time when Pakistan is about to lose.

He has to support Pakistan with Babar as captain because he is Peshawar Zalmi’s captain

The sad thing about Pakistan cricket now is @Mamoon cant even come and make those “my my my” *Klopps Smirk* posts anymore at the time when Pakistan is about to lose.

He has to support Pakistan with Babar as captain because he is Peshawar Zalmi’s captain
I’m not following this series but Pakistan deserves this humiliation for selecting Amir and Imad.

As I said before, I will not watch, let alone support Pakistan as long as Amir and Imad are part of the squad.

To lose against a New Zealand second string like that doesn't give me much hope for the coming WC. Even at half time 178 seemed about 30 runs short. Contrary what Babar is saying NZ would easily have got at least ten more runs if they were needed. I don't see any big hitters anywhere in our side.

We can't even beat their c string properly. They literally have one A string on their side and he alone is enough.

Terrible team.

@Mamoon Bro I told you, Best captain my foot.
He was the best captain in PSL. What has this series got to do with it? And so what if Pakistan lost today -will Pakistan win every game if someone else is captain?

He was the best captain in PSL. What has this series got to do with it? And so what if Pakistan lost today -will Pakistan win every game if someone else is captain?
Again, don't make me pull up what you said. Then again knowing you, you'll deny it or twist it into some weird narcissistic narrative

I struggled to understand the point Azhar was trying to make in his post match interview.

We need Kirsten to start asap.

It's funny how Babar got so much credit by Mamoon for using Saim as a bowler in the powerplay in psl, why hasn't Babar tried him in the past 2 games?

Or maybe the Saim bowling decision in the PSL was Darren Sammy's decision?

It's funny how Babar got so much credit by Mamoon for using Saim as a bowler in the powerplay in psl, why hasn't Babar tried him in the past 2 games?

Or maybe the Saim bowling decision in the PSL was Darren Sammy's decision?
It was sammy's decision.

Sammy was captaining psl mostly tbh

T20 is a very short format so all it takes is one brilliant innings for a weak team to beat a strong one. The defeat itself is not a problem, it happens

But the cause of the defeat is the problem, the same issue of Babar/Rizwan having zero confidence in later batting line up and eating too many balls to score close to a 100 SR.

If one of them cant adapt their game to reliably up the scoring rate without throwing away their wicket then they should bat lower down the order in a pinch hitter role

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :D:D A second or even third rated NZ team puts a sound cut tail on a full strength pakistan team. Pakistan are clear favorites to win the T20 trophy:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:;);):D:D

With Babar as captain . I have serious doubts even with quality team he will make sure Pakistan don’t win the Wt20 .

Speaking on his YouTube channel, Ramiz Raja did not mince words about the team's performance, especially with the upcoming World Cup in sight:

"Losing is a part of cricket, but such a defeat shakes the foundation a bit, especially with the World Cup just around the corner. Playing at home, on your favorite surface, against a team that isn't even a complete side - not a first-tier or even a second-tier New Zealand team - makes it an embarrassing loss."

"Let's admit that in T20, anyone's luck can change, but such a drastic turn of tables within 24 hours is a blow to Pakistan's reputation. For some time now, there has been a notion that you can expect anything from Pakistan on a given day. Just 24 hours ago, Pakistan defeated them by 7 wickets, and 24 hours later, they themselves suffered a 7-wicket defeat. This should not happen."

"The batsmen who are set should not get out after scoring just 20-30 runs. That's why the score is only 180. This pitch is worth at least 250 runs, as we know how many runs have been scored here before. Pakistan scored fewer runs, and no one played a long innings. The bowling performance was also quite mediocre. The frontline bowlers, Naseem Shah and Shaheen Shah Afridi had a very dull day."

Speaking on his YouTube channel, Ramiz Raja did not mince words about the team's performance, especially with the upcoming World Cup in sight:

"Losing is a part of cricket, but such a defeat shakes the foundation a bit, especially with the World Cup just around the corner. Playing at home, on your favorite surface, against a team that isn't even a complete side - not a first-tier or even a second-tier New Zealand team - makes it an embarrassing loss."

"Let's admit that in T20, anyone's luck can change, but such a drastic turn of tables within 24 hours is a blow to Pakistan's reputation. For some time now, there has been a notion that you can expect anything from Pakistan on a given day. Just 24 hours ago, Pakistan defeated them by 7 wickets, and 24 hours later, they themselves suffered a 7-wicket defeat. This should not happen."

"The batsmen who are set should not get out after scoring just 20-30 runs. That's why the score is only 180. This pitch is worth at least 250 runs, as we know how many runs have been scored here before. Pakistan scored fewer runs, and no one played a long innings. The bowling performance was also quite mediocre. The frontline bowlers, Naseem Shah and Shaheen Shah Afridi had a very dull day."
Ramiz represents a lot of flip floppers around the world. The same Ramiz was defending Pakistan’s pathetic batting approach and opening pair in the 2022 World Cup when he was the chairman. He even made comments like ‘Babar and Rizwan are very good. The middle order doesn’t get many balls to play because of these two’.

As if this guy should be considered as a serious critic.

Back