Pakistan 'A' v Australia 'A' | 1st ODI | Lahore | [5/09/07] PAK WIN

Status
Not open for further replies.
iZeeshan said:
Has the match even started? No updates...

-Match starts at 9:30am PST......in about 50 minutes from now.

-Australia A won the toss and decided to bat

Pak 'A'

*Faisal Iqbal
Taufeeq Umar
Khalid Latif
Yasir Hameed
Naved Latif
Sohail Tanvir
+Sarfraz Ahmed
Tahir Khan
Mohammad Irshad
Najaf Shah
Mansoor Amjad

Last edited by a moderator:

UPDATE 12:33 am

Australia won the toss and batting

Australia 134/4 in 37 overs

Captain Adam Voges batting on 34*

Irshad, Tahir & Taufeeq umer took 1 wkt each

Source: GEO NEWS​

UPDATE 12:53 am

Australia won the toss and batting

Australia 166/5

Taufeeq umer took 2 wkts
Irshad, Tahir too 1 wkt each

Source: AAJ NEWS

Taufeeq Umar has taken 2 wickets?

PakPassionate said:

saab are you getting these updates from tv or from the internet?

I can't believe that nobody is covering this game (well actually I can believe that indiainfo isn't covering it). Disgraceful.

Code:
Australia A innings Runs Balls Mins 4s 6s 
+L Ronchi run out (Sarfraz Ahmed) 0 6   - - 
PA Jaques lbw b Tahir Khan 46 65   5 - 
DJ Hussey lbw b Mohammad Irshad 18 51   3 - 
*AC Voges b Taufeeq Umar 44 69   4 - 
CL White b Taufeeq Umar 12 29   - - 
JR Hopes not out 55 46   5 - 
LR Butterworth run out (Najaf Shah) 22 29   1 - 
AA Noffke run out (Taufeeq Umar) 1 3   - - 
CB Bailey not out 11 12   1 - 
DJ Cullen did not bat   
DE Bollinger did not bat   
Extras (1 lb, 9 nb, 13 w) 23 
Total (7 wickets, innings closed, 50 overs) 232 
Fall of wickets:
1-0, 2-49, 3-100, 4-130, 5-141, 6-190, 7-193

Why is this match unoffical? Any ideas? i just this on cricinfo.com:
1st unofficial ODI - Pakistan A v Australia A
Gaddafi Stadium, Lahore

How crap is Irshad, time to unleash Anwar and Jamshed one feels.

Its Unofficial, becuase whilst two International Full Members are playing, its not a full ODI. hence they call these and U19 games that are 1 and 4 day basis - unofficial
Hope this clarifies.

Website hasnt updated for nearly 3 hours....

I can't believe Shahid Yousuf isn't playing. After both Raza's getting overlooked and Manzoor not featuring he was the guy I was most looking forward to noting. Instead we're stuck with Taufeeq, Hameed, Faisal, and Naved. It's like a scary flashback!

Pakistan Beat Australia in the 1st ODI by 8 WKTS

Australia 233/7 in 50 overs
Pakistan 234/2, Yasir Hameed 107 , Faisal Iqbal 74

Note: This match was not telecast on any television.

WOW! Excellent victory for Pakistan!

Yasir with a 100 is amazing...

PakPassionate said:
Pakistan Beat Australia in the 1st ODI by 8 WKTS

Australia 233/7 in 50 overs
Pakistan 234/2, Yasir Hameed 107 , Faisal Iqbal 74

Note: This match was not telecast on any television.

Now that is what you call a battering

Goos stuff by Najaf, Sohail and Mansoor....
Irshad is always leaking runs.......Its time to bring some youngster in

Hope shahid yousuf would get chance in remaining 2 games. Well played hameed and faisal

That is what you call a hammering.

Impressive stuff from the "A" boys against a strong Aussie lineup

Its a shame Faisal Iqbal scored..

Easa will be deeply disappointed.

Irshad was talked up as the next Shoaib but he has repeatedly been thrashed in recent games. It is high time someone like Jamshed Ahmed, Anwar Ali or Akhtar Ayub were given a shot. Jamshed in particular has impressed in the domestic cricket he has played, but he has not been picked for the A team yet.

http://www.pcboard.com.pk/Archive/Players/69/69506/69506.html

He still has plenty of time but he impressed me the most out of all the U19 players from the last world cup and I can't wait until he is given a proper chance to shine.

Wow. Must admit that I'm surprised it was that easy. Congrats to Hameed who should hopefully go from strength to strength. As difficult as it is to say, credit must go to Faisal as well for his innings. A good start for us, let's hope we seal the series on Friday and that way we can give some other boys a look-in.

Delighted to see Yasir, Faisal and Amjed do well. Keep up the good work.... Also Khalid Latef

As good as this victory looks, one must remember that it usually takes a game or two for the visiting team to get used to the conditions...

I am expecting Aussie A team to come back strongly because they have a very good team while we are persisting with tried and tested nobodies mostly

Monsee said:
As good as this victory looks, one must remember that it usually takes a game or two for the visiting team to get used to the conditions...

True that. But people were not following this logic on PakPassion after our U19s lost the first test in England. They were called all sorts of insulting things.

Monsee said:
I am expecting Aussie A team to come back strongly because they have a very good team while we are persisting with tried and tested nobodies mostly

True that. Hope Shahid Yousuf at least is given a shot in the last 2 ODIs.

Not just Shahid Yousaf, Hasan raza, Adnan Raza, the three U 19 bowlers and a few more deserving players have been canned for these tried and tested nobodies (mostly)

Monsee said:
Not just Shahid Yousaf, Hasan raza, Adnan Raza, the three U 19 bowlers and a few more deserving players have been canned for these tried and tested nobodies (mostly)
I mean Naved Latif for example. Are we really going to go back to him? As it is he bats at 5, so it's not like he's going to score a big hundred any time soon. So what's the point? I suppose you can't fault the selectors for wanting to win and therefore selecting players who have some international experience, but I feel that this is a great opportunity to test out untried players like Khalid Latif, Manzoor, Afaq Raheem, Shahid Yousuf, Adnan Raza, Fawad (if he was available), Sarfraz Ahmed, Anwar Ali and Jamshed Ahmed.

Yes, Latif, Sarfraz and Yousuf have been selected, but the rest have been omitted. If we need some experience then Hameed and Faisal should be enough. I feel that Taufeeq and Naved are just overkill.

nothing changes in our cricket setup..im sick and tired of these losers....just checking luke wrights innings today on the net reminded me of the time a young pakistani would appear from nowhere and light up the international scene..unfrotunatley we have a bunch of sifarshi old fogies in charge who are picking sifarshi old fogies for the team...we will go nowhere at this rate...alas the adminstrators keep telling themselves that they are professionals because they speak four words of english!!!

the Great Khan said:
nothing changes in our cricket setup..im sick and tired of these losers....just checking luke wrights innings today on the net reminded me of the time a young pakistani would appear from nowhere and light up the international scene..unfrotunatley we have a bunch of sifarshi old fogies in charge who are picking sifarshi old fogies for the team...we will go nowhere at this rate...alas the adminstrators keep telling themselves that they are professionals because they speak four words of english!!!
To be fair to the selectors, they did hand out 2 international debuts in our last Odi game so you can't say that new faces aren't being tried. I disagree with the Pakistan A selection though; I feel like the A team should have mirrored the Academy team to Bangladesh.

Sheikh said:
To be fair to the selectors, they did hand out 2 international debuts in our last Odi game so you can't say that new faces aren't being tried. I disagree with the Pakistan A selection though; I feel like the A team should have mirrored the Academy team to Bangladesh.

but they always wait till the matches are usless ie 2-0 with one to go. I hate that attitude that you can't use young players unless your are beating a team or getting battered.

Whilst Australia's batting looks strong, that bowling attack is pathetic. Noffke and Bollinger as front-line seamers? You can tell everyone else is injured.

infamous9383 said:
but they always wait till the matches are usless ie 2-0 with one to go. I hate that attitude that you can't use young players unless your are beating a team or getting battered.
Fair enough. Since Fawad and Najaf had been selected for the first time, I think pretty much everyone was hoping they'd get 3 games on the trot to prove their worth. Not to be though...

Fair enough. Since Fawad and Najaf had been selected for the first time, I think pretty much everyone was hoping they'd get 3 games on the trot to prove their worth. Not to be though...

exactly..why select these guys them leave em to rot? its just frustrating knowing that we have such talent and should not be afraid of losing!!...every game we should go for it!!...i hope the new era means we see more youngsters!...

the Great Khan said:
exactly..why select these guys them leave em to rot? its just frustrating knowing that we have such talent and should not be afraid of losing!!...every game we should go for it!!...i hope the new era means we see more youngsters!...
I really doubt it. However, that being said, the absence of Inzi, Yousuf, and Razzaq means that there have to be replacements. It looks like Fawad and Misbah will be two of those replacements. I also think Najaf has a good future ahead. In fact, after Shoaib, Asif, and Gul, I think he should seriously be considered as the next option.

LAHORE: Pakistan ‘A’, rode on a majestic unbeaten (108) led by test discard Yasir Hameed and recorded an impressive eight- wicket win over Australia ‘A’ in the first one-day to take 1-0 lead in the three-match series here on Wednesday at Gadaffi Stadium.

Yasir returned to form with a brilliant century and Faisal Iqbal played a captain’s knock of 76 as the pair posted undefeated 165 runs for the third wicket by the home team, in reply to Australia’s 232 for 7 in allotted 50 overs. It knocked off the target, making 233 for two with nine overs remaining. Yasir dazzled with 15 fours facing 111 balls in 142 minutes and thrashed Australian attack with authority and confidence.

Australia ‘A’ had won the toss and elected to bat on a batsmen-friendly wicket. Yasir came at the crease when Pakistan’s two wickets were down at 68, openers Khalid Latif making (32 with six fours) and Taufeeq Umar, another test discard, sharing just 9, both fell prey to pace bowler Bollinger who took the two for 45 runs in 7 overs. The pair of top scorers repaired the damage and once again Pakistan team was back on the path of victory mainly due to their stroke play and planning. Faisal struck 6 fours and two sixes, in 96 balls off 115 minutes to chase the target with Yasir.

Earlier, Australia posted a good total because of three partnerships before losing opener Ronchi (0) at a grand total of (0). But it was the middle order batsman, Hopes who instilled a new hope as the top scorer with a half century (55) before opener Jaques (46) and captain Voges (44) revived the innings in patches. Jaques who hit five boundaries in 65 balls contributed 49 runs for the second wicket with Hussey (18) and then Jaques associated Voges, adding 51 runs for the 3rd wicket as Pakistani bowlers gradually tightened their position with skilful bowling which was helped by good fielding. Voges hit four fours in 69 balls.

Australia got the maximum support from 59 runs in the 6th wicket stand in which Hopes slammed five boundaries in 46 balls after Butterworth (22) joined him. Nafaj, who spearheaded the attack took two wickets for 38 runs in 9 overs as three of Australian batsmen were run out. The second one-day match will be played on September 7 at Sheikhupura.

Even though Aamir is under 16, but the way he performed in England, he should get chance in one match atleast.

I think these 'tried" and "tested" players are playing because of the need of replacements in the Pakistan team.

Good performances from najaf shah, yasir hameed and Faisal iqbal (Damn!!!)

Hash said:
Irshad was talked up as the next Shoaib but he has repeatedly been thrashed in recent games. It is high time someone like Jamshed Ahmed, Anwar Ali or Akhtar Ayub were given a shot. Jamshed in particular has impressed in the domestic cricket he has played, but he has not been picked for the A team yet.

http://www.pcboard.com.pk/Archive/Players/69/69506/69506.html

He still has plenty of time but he impressed me the most out of all the U19 players from the last world cup and I can't wait until he is given a proper chance to shine.
I have seen him bowl 2 or 3 times and each time he looked very impressive so it's hard to comprehend why his list A record is so poor!
Seems like he is M Sami of domestic cricket.

Last edited:
Hash said:
Taufeeq Umar has taken 2 wickets?
Maybe he and Younis Khan should replace Afridi and Kaneria in the team as the main spinners?

Amjid Javed said:
Good performances from najaf shah, yasir hameed and Faisal iqbal (Damn!!!)

Did I miss to see something special about Najaf bowling from the score card? From score card it seems like wicket wise Umar was the best and economy wise Mansoor Amjed was the best and in seamer second seamer did better. Am I missing something?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back