Pakistan bowled out for 297 at Stumps on Day 1 of 2nd Test against New Zealand

Good decision to drop Yasir. I feel Pakistan will bounce back here.

Should have rested Naseem and played Sohail in his place he is pretty handy in helpfull conditions

Can't believe they have yet again not picked Sohail Khan on a wicket like this.

Misbah is really stubborn and will stick with the combo of Abbas- Shaheen and Naseem no matter what.

Sohail Khan is useless. This sudden obsession with him is unbelievable. Naseem needs to be persisted with. Sohail could have been included for Abbas but he was terrible in the Shaheens 4-day game. If we had Ammad Butt as a replacement then I would agree but Sohail is dead weight.

So, Kiwis opted field first .... I guess fielding in last Test wasn’t a bad call then.

It’s about how you play - not the toss. PAK can put 250+ here and Kiiwis will struggle from there on.

This is one Test I don’t mind PAK openers spend 23 overs at 1.5 rate ......

Anything around 250 would be a decent first innings score here considering the history of last few years. For that atleast one of the top 4 needs to click I believe.

Sohail Khan is done and dusted. Don’t know why people are talking about his inclusion.

Watching pak bat these days is a proper snooze fest. Glad Yasir shah isn't playing

And I do feel PAK scared Kiwis last Test taking it to 30th hour.... so, they are risking here loss of the gate money ...

Zafar Gohar being handed his Test cap on debut by Yasir Shah

<div style="width: 100%; height: 0px; position: relative; padding-bottom: 55.000%;"><iframe src="https://streamable.com/e/ep9ik1" frameborder="0" width="100%" height="100%" allowfullscreen style="width: 100%; height: 100%; position: absolute;"></iframe></div>

So, Kiwis opted field first .... I guess fielding in last Test wasn’t a bad call then.

It’s about how you play - not the toss. PAK can put 250+ here and Kiiwis will struggle from there on.

This is one Test I don’t mind PAK openers spend 23 overs at 1.5 rate ......

You’re mistaken. After the openers got out playing slow yesterday and Faheem, Rizwan recovered playing positive cricket, I’m quite sure what directive these openers have been given by the management.

What was the average opening partnership here again ? 30 ?

That'd be decent considering the conditions though not much sideways movement yet.

Again sluggish out field. Heard it’s been raining there in the last couple of days , could be coz of that ..

If that isn’t out then I don’t know what is. What are they thinking reviewing that

You’re mistaken. After the openers got out playing slow yesterday and Faheem, Rizwan recovered playing positive cricket, I’m quite sure what directive these openers have been given by the management.

I’m not sure what instructions are given, but won’t mind if PAK ends first session at 45-0. Rana ji & Ruzwan batted well, but they started against 60 overs old ball - you’ll be surprised with their aggressive batting if they start against 23 overs old ball just before lunch....

Like a Pakistani delivery of old.

And now we're on the receiving end sadly.

Shan’s body language over the first few balls has not been of one who wants to be out there.

What a waste of review. You got LBW'd dead on.

Hope Shan Masood gets dropped off the team. Terrible player, terrible domestic FC record. It's not surprising he continues to do really poorly.

Hardworking and resilient 0 by Masood. :srt [MENTION=131701]Mamoon[/MENTION]

[MENTION=131701]Mamoon[/MENTION] - sorry bro, you are right. This Massod guy managed a fluke of this decade with that 150....

Walking wicket Azhar is in to gift Southee or Boult a free wicket. Question is, will be last 10 deliveries or 20?

Didn’t seem like Abid Potato wanted Shan to review that, which makes sense. In the end, I have a feeling Shan said it may have been swinging too much.... lol.

Why they playing Shan Masood? I said to boot both Shan and Abid prior to this test series.

[MENTION=131701]Mamoon[/MENTION] - sorry bro, you are right. This Massod guy managed a fluke of this decade with that 150....

Should be given public dholai for that review...

That is the worst review I have ever seen.

Secondly you've got to have some really pathetic hand eye coordination to get beaten by Southee's pace!

:facepalm

I know you cant score but at least save the review

What a waste of a review.

Seriously why did he waste that review.

As a batsman Shan Masood never walks out to bat with the inclination to score runs. His only goal is to survive. With that defensive mentality it is impossible to consistently score runs.

Should be given public dholai for that review...

Even he destroyed our pathetic bowling attack.

What a waste of a review.

Seriously why did he waste that review.

EqwnksdUYAAhhF0

Eqwnk5kXIAEVpHz

Last edited:
Back