Pakistan matches are like a roller coaster ride

Strike Rate

Senior T20I Player
Runs
Why there is always a thrill and unpredictability factor involve and we find it in almost every match even if matches are against Zimbabwe/Ireland or the #1 team of the era they somehow make it interesting for the viewers!

no matter if the match is against a top team or minnow or if the match is a dead rubber or if they are chasing a low total or defending a low total they some how make it an interesting contest!

Think it's the fact that we can't finish off matches, as exhibited by Umar Gul in the penultimate over of today, the 5th ODI of the series, absolute tripe from our most 'experienced' bowler.

That's the positive side for being an inconsistent but talented unit.

Bcz more often then not we can either miss things up or do the impossible. We are not consistent. Look at todays match with a great batting performance we barely made 231 and when srilanka were cruising we nearly won the match. The unpredictability factor.

because other teams also tend to produce their best cricket against us..

Because when most of our matches get boring we do something crazy, wether its brillant crazy or stupid crazy

On the flip side, we also manage to transform from the gloomy throes of defeat to the pinnacle of victory in a ridiculous manner aswell, ala Junaid defending 9 runs in the ODI series in SA and hence the unpredictability of team Pakistan.

Proud to say that we're a side who needed 17 runs off 55 balls with 6 wickets remaining, and somehow still managed to lose!

PAK cricketers love their fans and want to make sure they enjoy every moment, so they work so hard to keep us entertained. :)

Proud to say that we're a side who needed 17 runs off 55 balls with 6 wickets remaining, and somehow still managed to lose!

PAK cricketers love their fans and want to make sure they enjoy every moment, so they work so hard to keep us entertained. :)

and than defended 12 runs in 12 balls with many south africa hitter still to come and a well set batsman on crease :))

Because of the unpredictable match winners we have in the side

Because bowling is our strength. No matter how good a bowling side sometimes the odd swing will connect. Hence why we get these matches. If batting were our strength matches would be like the oz vs india series..borrringg..great bowlers make exciting matches.

^ This troll with the name Energetic enter every thread just for trolling purpose and than run away after receiving some cool comments from some posters!

^ This troll with the name Energetic enter every thread just for trolling purpose and than run away after receiving some cool comments from some posters!

Jazbati BDesh fan. Let him be. Really makes the rest of the BD guys look bad tbh, most of them are pretty nice

Exact thoughts as the OP. I dint bother to watch the game, and slept, after some hours i woke up and saw that Sri Lanka had scored 100 runs for the loss of 1, as i had nothing to do thought to watch this dead rubber that i thought Sri Lanka might win it easily. But Pakistan din't make it easy and the way they got back into the game, taking wickets and keeping the field tight for Sri Lankans. Enjoyed the game till the last ball bowled

Jazbati BDesh fan. Let him be. Really makes the rest of the BD guys look bad tbh, most of them are pretty nice

yes all other BD ppers are awesome i always enjoy MMHS Executioner and Ahsraful_Rox posts

Last edited:
True, its happens when they crusing to victory or about to lose when they shock you with some crazy performance.

Why there is always a thrill and unpredictability factor involve and we find it in almost every match even if matches are against Zimbabwe/Ireland or the #1 team of the era they somehow make it interesting for the viewers!

even t20 match against afghanistan was exciting.pakistan has ability to raise their standard against good teams and drop it against the minnows to make the match more intresting.

Who would have thunk it, Pakistan supporters find Pakistan matches the most interesting.

Another CA spokesman type statement from Gilly :p

He has a point here though.

In general, it's good to have CA spokesman anyway to balance out BCCI ones ;)
In all seriousness, some posters do raise good points about respective boards time to time even if majority of us may not see that angle.

Last edited:
He has a point here though.

In general, it's good to have CA spokesman anyway to balance out BCCI ones ;)
In all seriousness, these posters do raise some good points about respective boards time to time even if majority of us may not want to see that angle.

I am still waiting for a PCB spokesman to join this forum :(

btw Moosa the main BCCI spokesman is gone missing!

Pakistan's inconsistency combined with their raw street talent makes them exciting to watch. Beating a champion one day and getting hammered by the worst team the next day.

naah i better enjoy cricket than handling the politics of boards :p

We have many here who defend some very ordinary players by using very visible tactics. You can laugh at them but I can still understand. But getting worked up about some cricket board all the time is bit too much.

Not talking about posters who calmly present their views but some guys do get worked up a lot about a cricket board.

Last edited:
We have many here who defend some very ordinary players by using very visible tactics. You can laugh at them but I can still understand. But getting worked up about some cricket board all the time is bit too much.

Not talking about posters who calmly present their views but some guys do get worked up a lot about a cricket board.

Yea and its look really look odd at time why not enjoy the game instead of defending your board for the sack of defending or thinking like its an attack on your country while most of these boards are corporate bodies.

Because Pakisan are really the "Unpredictables"

unless they are chasing. The series has been exciting so far despite the fact that the quality has not been the best but who cares

even t20 match against afghanistan was exciting.pakistan has ability to raise their standard against good teams and drop it against the minnows to make the match more intresting.

yes and the match Pakistan won again ireland earlier this year was exciting too. we almost lost that match thanks to kami and wahab riaz for playing those crucial knocks

Because we see unknown people debuting & get to see their talent on spot... The mystery about the cricketers talent is exciting to witness...

But due to IPL , we know the debuting players before hand..so the enthusiasm level is less :(

Sri Lanka tried every single trick to make this match boring! but Pakistan made it historical in last 2 sessions!

Last edited:
We are the embodiment of murphy's laws. Just when you think nothing can go wrong something does.

and we do it again..the miserable three are out!! And pakistan once again show the world they are the most resiliant international team out there!! and did it without swearing at every man and his dog..ab bolo??

Its in our genes. We love thrilling finishes and heroics. Right now gohar has made himself a legend like anwar did. Amad too.

Re: Why Pakistan matches are not boring?

We make almost every game interesting and if we ever look like we are cruising to victory or down and out, be wary because a dramatic turn of events is always round the corner.

We even make a T20 with Afghanistan interesting.

Sent from phone.

Today's match was not so dramatic or anything. Regulation win in my opinion. But I understand, people tend to get a little more excited about the side they support.

Speaking in term of the series(es) we played against you guys, you guys have heart. The ODI's were fantastic to watch. I remember switching off the TV in disgust only to learn we've won by one run. Then later, in another series, the reverse happened. Just WOW. Those matches were the most "nail biting experiences"(excluding SA beating India in the WC) I've ever had.

Today's match was not so dramatic or anything. Regulation win in my opinion. But I understand, people tend to get a little more excited about the side they support.

honestly some people should just not bother to post if they dont have anything useful to say....

Speaking in term of the series(es) we played against you guys, you guys have heart. The ODI's were fantastic to watch. I remember switching off the TV in disgust only to learn we've won by one run. Then later, in another series, the reverse happened. Just WOW. Those matches were the most "nail biting experiences"(excluding SA beating India in the WC) I've ever had.

I guess are you from south africa?

honestly some people should just not bother to post if they dont have anything useful to say....

Well said.

If today's match was "not dramatic" then please tell me what is. This Pak match swung 5 times at least.
And watching Pak since 1992 nothing is regulation till you win or lose.

What makes you so upset ? Pakistan was always an overwhelming favorite to win this. Credit to England for running two of the biggest U19 WC favorites so close in consecutive matches. England brought this WC alive by punching above their weight.
They should be the ones congratulated for this awesome "Pakistan-like" display of exciting cricket against all the odds. Don't know why you took offence there. :(

Pak can win matches from hopeless situations.

Pak can also absolutely choke away matches from winning positions.

Their only consistency is being inconsistent.

All adds to the masala of nail biters whenever Pak plays. Not good for the fans though.

Well said.

If today's match was "not dramatic" then please tell me what is. This Pak match swung 5 times at least.
And watching Pak since 1992 nothing is regulation till you win or lose.]

So was England Vs India match.. or India Vs Pakistan match. Credit to all the sides, specially England for being this exciting.
Anyways.. I don't want to come across as a troll and spoil celebrations. I agree, historically, Pakistan has been the most exciting team to watch. :akhtar

We dont have the killer instinct and that makes it thrilling we take the harder route

Your bowlers have Killer instinct or traditionally used to have until early 2000's.

I remember many matches as a kid when Pak used to win after your batting chokes and your bowlers rip through the opposition to win the game.

though it was an u-19 game but i felt pressure when 37 were needed of 30 and switched off the TV and went to barber to have a shave and came back with and saw 5 needed of 8 but then Eng pacer obliged with a full toss and :4 and we won :hamster:

Truth is that as Pakistanis, we find our matches more interesting than others. Its natural.

If I wasn't a Pakistani, I won't have cared two cents about this current boring and dull lot.

No quality pacers, no quality batsman, poor Wicket keepers, chaotic management. You name it.

Truth is that as Pakistanis, we find our matches more interesting than others. Its natural.

If I wasn't a Pakistani, I won't have cared two cents about this current boring and dull lot.

No quality pacers, no quality batsman, poor Wicket keepers, chaotic management. You name it.

and even without all (as you mentioned) they make the match interesting for fans and neutrals which is an achievment and i know many neutral fans who follow pak cricket just because of this factor.

and even without all (as you mentioned) they make the match interesting for fans and neutrals which is an achievment and i know many neutral fans who follow pak cricket just because of this factor.

If you prefer low quality cricket and unprofessional cricket, then yes following Pakistan is a good option.

Ever the Pessimistic Mamoon :14:. You should try and enjoy the moment mate. We won the U19 Semi Final plus our senior team isn't doing that bad either. Enjoy and support the team :)

Ever the Pessimistic Mamoon :14:. You should try and enjoy the moment mate. We won the U19 Semi Final plus our senior team isn't doing that bad either. Enjoy and support the team :)

Of course I support the team and our senior team is doing a mediocre job.

Of course I support the team and our senior team is doing a mediocre job.

This ^^ Seriously :facepalm: Wins in SA, against SL, against Ind, against WI all in the same year. I think as a fan I am thoroughly content with my teams performance. Realistically if they start winning everything, they would be labelled as world beaters and that is seriously hard to achieve with all the management turmoil happening in PCB. Even so we win matches and that is truly commendable

[/b]

If you prefer low quality cricket and unprofessional cricket, then yes following Pakistan is a good option.

yes if someone can find watching sir jimmy interesting who needs clouds and conditions to perform than many others can also find ajmal junaid irfan interesting. So dont generalize again its becoming your habbit now. Just because some neutral fans find pakistan matches interested doesnt mean they prefer low quality or unprofessional cricket. Your generalization is going OTT and now you will say its your opinion and you are not generalizing.

I am against against Professor in Tests but i am not a hater so i will mention that many neutrals love to watch him in T20I. And IIRC correctly he is also a part of pakistan team just like ajmal junaid irfan afridi etc

It doesn't have the flair or the talent of the 90s but Pakistan cricket is still anything but dull.

Our recent Test team can be boring at times but still shows excitement when needed or required. Example being the most recent Test against SL on the final day and the one in Abu Dhabi in 2012 against England.

Mamoon is upset both his teams got knocked out. :msd

This ^^ Seriously :facepalm: Wins in SA, against SL, against Ind, against WI all in the same year. I think as a fan I am thoroughly content with my teams performance. Realistically if they start winning everything, they would be labelled as world beaters and that is seriously hard to achieve with all the management turmoil happening in PCB. Even so we win matches and that is truly commendable

In the last 6 months, we lost a home series to South Africa 4-1 and drew the Test series 1-1 before the threw us a small bone to keep us happy in the form of the 3 match ODI series.

Couldn't even win a Test series in UAE vs Sri Lanka who have such a mediocre bowling attack.

Also, lets not get started on the disgraceful performance in Zimbabwe. Which quality team will lose a Test to Zimbabwe?

If you are content with all of this, I must say you have extremely low standards.

Oh and before that, we were the worst team in the Champions Trophy.

Pakistan team was amazing when we had talents like the W's, Shoaib, Mushtaqs, Inzi, Saeed etc. I ve been living in pindi for the last 15 years now and haven't missed a single game in pindi stadium. The reason purely watching the match winners I mentioned. A few days back I was passing by the stadium and asked myself if I would go and watch a game here again. I thought whats the need for that. Am I going to waste 7-8 hours just to watch Misbah, Hafeez, Shehzad, Bhatti, Akmal etc. No way.

And it was expected. The way the PCB is run, in no time it will meet the fate of our PHF. You guys would be astonished to hear that Pakistan is not going to feature in the next month Azlan Shah hockey tournament for the first time due to lack of funds.

In the last 6 months, we lost a home series to South Africa 4-1 and drew the Test series 1-1 before the threw us a small bone to keep us happy in the form of the 3 match ODI series.

Couldn't even win a Test series in UAE vs Sri Lanka who have such a mediocre bowling attack.

Also, lets not get started on the disgraceful performance in Zimbabwe. Which quality team will lose a Test to Zimbabwe?

If you are content with all of this, I must say you have extremely low standards.

Oh and before that, we were the worst team in the Champions Trophy.
Obviously we were awful in the CT because we had garbage boys you love like :kami :malik :yk :hafeez opening, you name it :misbah

It doesn't have the flair or the talent of the 90s but Pakistan cricket is still anything but dull.

Our recent Test team can be boring at times but still shows excitement when needed or required. Example being the most recent Test against SL on the final day and the one in Abu Dhabi in 2012 against England.

Mamoon is upset both his teams got knocked out. :msd

Yes you start questioning my loyalties when you lose the script :msd

Obviously we were awful in the CT because we had garbage boys you love like :kami :malik :yk :hafeez opening, you name it :misbah

What happened in Zimbabwe?

Look at the results, Test series 1-1 and ODI series 2-1.

LOL, looks like we toured Australia or something.

Re: Why Pakistan matches are not boring?

Yes you start questioning my loyalties when you lose the script :msd

Your loyalties are with England, Australia or India - whoever happens to be doing better at the time.

What happened in Zimbabwe?

Look at the results, Test series 1-1 and ODI series 2-1.

LOL, looks like we toured Australia or something.

and that is the point in OP. tell mewhere i said they are world beaters? i said they can come down to zimbabwe/ireland level in a day and next day you will find them beating south africa in every session of a test match or chasing 302 in 2 sessions or beating south africa in their own backyard and than finding it hard to beat afghanistan in a t20 match.

That was the whole the purpose of this thread which is clearly mentioned in OP but you are making it sound like i am trying to portray them as world beaters. In simple words its like a roller coaster maybe i should have mentioned that word in title to make it more clear.

Back