Pakistan matches are like a roller coaster ride

that match was a very exciting rollercoaster. when gul and afridi were there the rollercoaster was going up. then the collapse made it go down again. then afridi hitting those sixes made it go up again :D

that match was a very exciting rollercoaster. when gul and afridi were there the rollercoaster was going up. then the collapse made it go down again. then afridi hitting those sixes made it go up again :D

I hope they will give it a break now i dont want another roller coaster ride in next match against bangladesh :p

Man the excitement isn't going away from last night at all. I have 4 reports to prepare till 4 pm. Haven't even started yet. Can't seem to get off Pakpassion, Cricinfo and Youtube :p. What a ride we had yesterday

Man the excitement isn't going away from last night at all. I have 4 reports to prepare till 4 pm. Haven't even started yet. Can't seem to get off Pakpassion, Cricinfo and Youtube :p. What a ride we had yesterday

haha lets just hope no roller coaster ride against bangladesh tomorrow!

"Pakistan matches are like a roller coaster ride"

One reason 'Tula Batting' which by definition is inconsistent...

If we change the batting culture to be batsmen oriented, we will see a big change!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

perfect time to bump !!!

What a roller coaster decline in last over now ....

And roller coaster steeeeeeep elevation by Afridi...

Enough roller coasters yaar.
heart will explode one day

Goddamit Fawad run out made sure roller coaster did not slow down till the very end

Enough of these rides lol lets hope 1 or 2 one sided matches in favor of Pakistan for change :p

This ride will never end TBH

From 25/2 where batting was looking dead one man got us to 190. The never ending roller coaster i just hope the bowling innings go one sides in favor of Pakistan :p

Hahahaha man you need nerve of steels to be a Pak supporter

Oh boy What a game after thrashing by India.

The most inconsistently brilliant team of world cricket

haha another one when we successfully chased 275 in 50 overs last time lol today we did it in 45 over after an early collapse.

This wasn't one. We were always in control of the chase and odd hiccup is expected. Not for one moment were MI in the driving seat.

Clinical performance.

This wasn't one. We were always in control of the chase and odd hiccup is expected. Not for one moment were MI in the driving seat.

Clinical performance.

And you were saying we are going to lose in another thread :p

I was imagining the worst case scenario. Straightforward win eventually.

Watching Pakistan play cricket is like watching a horror movie. You know there's something around the corner yet you don't want to miss the fun.. :)))

You need to be a very tough person to be a fan of Pakistan team!

Agree bro.

I can totally understand if some Pak fans want to break the faces of some players.

There is bad performance.

There is crappy performance.

And then there is this.

Pak lost not due to inability (atleast in this game) but due to lack of brains.

Some cricketers need to get their IQs tested.

But no matter what, Pakistan matches are super fun.

I didn't have 5% as much entertainment watching the last India-WI match.

Agree bro.

I can totally understand if some Pak fans want to break the faces of some players.

There is bad performance.

There is crappy performance.

And then there is this.

Pak lost not due to inability (atleast in this game) but due to lack of brains.

Some cricketers need to get their IQs tested.

I can't explain how it feels do you remember that UAE match against South Africa?

Btw i want to kick Tanvir *** today wth he was trying to do there?

Pakistan's inconsistency combined with their raw street talent makes them exciting to watch. Beating a champion one day and getting hammered by the worst team the next day.

The problem is when street talent play international matches like street matches.

This was indeed a fun match, very entertaining. But ya not if you are Pakistani fan.

This Thread could be very active in 4 hours from now, thought a bump might be in order :p

Glad I'm not the only one who thinks consistency is boring. Love being in suspense and not knowing who's gonna win till the end.

Only in Pakistan would the inconsistency of the team be considered as entertaining and beautiful and repacked as a 'roller-coaster ride'.

Only in Pakistan would the inconsistency of the team be considered as entertaining and beautiful and repacked as a 'roller-coaster ride'.

If your taste don't match with other Pakistanis don't blame the whole Pakistan

If people have a taste for inconsistency that it reflects our minnow mentality and this supposed 'brand' of cricket that we play is a romantic way of exemplifying that we cannot put in 3/4 good performances on the trot because we are not good enough for it.

If people have a taste for inconsistency that it reflects our minnow mentality and this supposed 'brand' of cricket that we play is a romantic way of exemplifying that we cannot put in 3/4 good performances on the trot because we are not good enough for it.

Kid i have seen cricket in 80s and i have seen enough consistent good performances from pakistan on the trot but still this unpredictability feature attract me more.

In all honesty there is a sugar coating aspect to it but this is the same reasons why generally people rate us over sides such as Eng, SL, Nz etc

What a bitter old man you are.
A match where you don't know the result till the last ball is what attracts people to cricket. What's wrong with that?

Kid i have seen cricket in 80s and i have seen enough consistent good performances from pakistan on the trot but still this unpredictability feature attract me more.

Baba jee, whether you have been watching from 80's or 50's is irrelevant. There is a reason why in spite of producing great individuals, we have hardly had great teams. We are simply preoccupied by playing a certain brand of cricket whether it yields us results or not which I simply don't agree with.

I'd play boring but win, rather than sugarcoat an exciting but unproductive performance.

Of course nothing like playing beautiful cricket and yielding results, but that isn't happening these days. You need a Wasim, Waqar or a Saeed Anwar for it.

In all honesty there is a sugar coating aspect to it but this is the same reasons why generally people rate us over sides such as Eng, SL, Nz etc

I don't think we are and should be rated above England in Tests. They were number 1 not long ago and I don't see us reaching the pinnacle for next 50 years at least with the way Pakistan cricket operates and on the flip side, this is exactly why we keep getting overshadowed by Australia, SA and India.

Baba jee, whether you have been watching from 80's or 50's is irrelevant. There is a reason why in spite of producing great individuals, we have hardly had great teams. We are simply preoccupied by playing a certain brand of cricket whether it yields us results or not which I simply don't agree with.

I'd play boring but win, rather than sugarcoat an exciting but unproductive performance.

Of course nothing like playing beautiful cricket and yielding results, but that isn't happening these days. You need a Wasim, Waqar or a Saeed Anwar for it.

Given that specific logic, it is very hard to believe that you backed Amin for so long. Since his numbers even in domestic we're not up to the mark at all. Also this should be the sole reason ^ why Junaid is a vastly superior bowler since he, without any natural talent somehow manages to take wickets and contribute towards the team's victory.

Given that specific logic, it is very hard to believe that you backed Amin for so long. Since his numbers even in domestic we're not up to the mark at all. Also this should be the sole reason ^ why Junaid is a vastly superior bowler since he, without any natural talent somehow manages to take wickets and contribute towards the team's victory.

I think Amin can be the next Anwar with proper guidance. I see a lot of talent in him.

I wouldn't back a pleasing-on-the-eye cricketer if I don't think he will yield results.

Do you remember how consistent pak was back in 80s? We were the only team giving west indies tough time and remained number 2 for almost whole decade so you dont call it consistency? inconsistency is what happened in mide to late 90s with all those great players we achieved very less than what we achieved with less taleneted players back in 80s

I think Amin can be the next Anwar with proper guidance. I see a lot of talent in him.

I wouldn't back a pleasing-on-the-eye cricketer if I don't think he will yield results.

You are doing the same mistake Imran did with Mansoor Akhtar he always attracted Imran with his talent and in the nets he played Imran like Don Bradman so Imran given him a long run in Tests thinking that he will turn into a great one but the guy didn't have the brain to handle the international playing pressure. I see same in Umar Amin he just can't handle the pressure of playing international cricket with his classy look

Do you remember how consistent pak was back in 80s? We were the only team giving west indies tough time and remained number 2 for almost whole decade so you dont call it consistency? inconsistency is what happened in mide to late 90s with all those great players we achieved very less than what we achieved with less taleneted players back in 80s

Imran Khan and Miandad were the defining factors of our inconsistency. Do we have Imran and Miandad now?

So we must change our ways and policies. We cannot play that brand of cricket with mediocre cricketers of today.

This argument does hold some water TBH. I am the product of the 90s but my senior peers always claim that the best era for Pakistan cricket even after the Aus 2-0 drubbing was in the 80s. I wasn't born back then but these people I am quoting right now are cricket fanatics and I would take their word for it.

On a side note, Enjoying Roller Coaster or not; is a personal preference for me and nothing to do with whether we like mediocrity or not.

Amin is a natural batsman and a fantastic timer like Saeed Anwar. Lets not forget that Saeed Anwar was hardly the epitome of hard work.

He was a casual batsman who would often frustrate with the way he would get out. No bowler was good enough to get the better of him but he would often throw it away. This is the reason why he didn't fulfill his potential and still managed to play brilliant cricket which is a testament to his talent.

If Saeed had more drive and determination, he'd have had 30+ hundreds in Tests and ODIs with 10,000+ runs. IMO the most talented batsman we have ever produced.

Amin will need to find a way to ride on his talent as well. Not everyone is a hard worker, you can't change nature. I'd personally give him a long rope because it'd be a tragedy of Pakistan cricket if such a talent is wasted.

You either produce captains and street smart individuals like Imran and Miandad to make up for the inconsistencies of others or change the team culture.

Rollercoast hasnt left the station yet as it seems pakistan doesnt intend on going for a ride in this match!

Imran Khan and Miandad were the defining factors of our inconsistency. Do we have Imran and Miandad now?

So we must change our ways and policies. We cannot play that brand of cricket with mediocre cricketers of today.

consistency*

Nothing to be proud of.

I agree that it's not something we should be proud of and should aim to be consistent but you have got to admit that this "roller coaster ride" is a bit entertaining.

Last edited:
Nothing to be proud of.

I agree that it's not something we should be proud of and should aim to be consistent but you have got to admit that this "roller coaster ride" is a bit entertaining.

If the current batting form continues, then I suspect that this "roller coaster ride" will become a thing of past. :younis

It was getting to boring with all those one sided defeats so finally the roller coaster is back! i love this ride :D

Pak cricket team, making fans smile, cry, laugh, shake their head in disbelief & want to tear their hair out for 62 years :)

Judging by this WC, Bangladesh produces the best roller-coaster rides. What an exciting team to watch..!! :14: :bow:

Back