Pakistan South Africa | 2nd Test | Cape Town | 15/2/13 | Day 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

MenInG

PakPassion Administrator
Staff member
Runs
Big day for Pakistan batsmen and possibly a turning point for the series!

A score of 350+ today and the series could change completely

Pakistan will resume at 253/5 with overnight centurion Asad Shafiq not out on 111 and a more than capable Sarfraz Ahmed on 0

Steyn and Co have a new ball in hand....

Pakistan has a habit of building expectations only to dash them. Hopefully they will score 350+ but I would not be surprised if it is over within the first hour this morning. I even put a couple of euro (literally, just two) on them not passing 300.

Must pass 300. Even if the bowlers have to slog, put 300 at least on the board and then bowl like demons.

All depends on Sarfraz. How long he stays and how he bats will be crucial, but looking at how he was yesterday and has been this entire series, I'm not pinning too many hopes on him

as we are expecting pakistan to score at least 300 minimum

new ball is doing a bit for sure ... and it will be tough to survive ... first 12 overs of the day no rash shots for sarfaraz .... he need to learn the art of leaving the ball

First goal should be to see off the new ball because it's only 10 overs old. After that we should play positive cricket and get well past 300.

When we bowl we need to attack. Tanvir Ahmed is an attacking bowler, he might go for runs but he will InshaAllah pick wikcets as well. Let's see how Misbah want to approach that.

Need to get past 300 here and maybe 330-50 would be a bonus. Pretty much down to Asad and Tanvir to get us there really. Depends how long the nightwatchmen (sarfaraz) sent in last night can last and maybe stick around whilst Asad scores some runs.

S.A will come at pakistan hard this morning

Oh what a lovely weather in Cape Town:) Here in Norway we have snow and alot of snow and it's cold.

We need a good session with bat here and need a 50+ partnership from somewhere.

Good start for Sarfaraz, looking to play some positive shots. Must have been told to play his shots and let the bad balls slide.

xpensive over by steyn

couple of balls pitched up .. and no signs on swing from steyn

SHAFIQ out first ball

played away from the body and no feet movement

:O

early on stiffness

Overrated trundler gets Shafiq first ball.

Great knock by the young man, brought you guys back from the brink.

oh dear.....unless the tail wags to 300 seems all the hard work of YK and shafiq will be to waste

Sarfraz's time to shine. Tail needs to support him, even if the tail score 10 each and Sarfraz scores a 30 we can find our way to a 300+ total which is acceptable for our standards in SA. Sarfraz needs to score.

never get ur hopes high for Pak batting...

Last edited:
Overrated trundler gets Shafiq first ball.

Great knock by the young man, brought you guys back from the brink.

Ouch someone's still hurt. If these tailenders somehow survive the new ball these new ball bullies might go hide again.:))

Good delivery could have had survived it, loose shot nonetheless a quality knock played by him.

Tanvir has shown before he pretty good with the bat, hope he can score some runs... 300 looks a long way now....

New ball bully Philander strikes to get the old ball bully Shafiq :moyo

I find it hard to see how Philander gets wickets...I mean I understand against Pakistan but he has been getting them against decent batting teams too!

Anyway this long and brittle tail should fold pretty quickly.

Asad just looked half asleep and it was a pretty average shot.

To me Philander doesn't look like an athlete, he needs to control his weight and stomach, but boy he is a good new ball bowler:)

I find it hard to see how Philander gets wickets...I mean I understand against Pakistan but he has been getting them against decent batting teams too!

Anyway this long and brittle tail should fold pretty quickly.

LOL , I hope you are watching how he moves the ball both ways after pitching.

had it been in UAE, Tanvir Ahmed would have had 16 runs by now.

To me Philander doesn't look like an athlete, he needs to control his weight and stomach, but boy he is a good new ball bowler at bowling tracks

There i completed it :yk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back