Pakistan U19s (155) through to the semi-finals with a narrow 5-run win over Bangladesh U19s (150) in their last Super-6 game of ICC U19 World Cup 2024

Most likely India will win this World Cup. They are way too strong compare to others.

Into the SFs.

LFnqNSi.png

Ubaid Shah | Player of the Match: Always thought we have to win this match. We were tense but I wanted to keep myself calm and take wickets. After dropping the catch I thought I can make it right by picking up a wicket and I did it. We knew that getting a couple of wickets early would put pressure on them. There was bounce and worked with that, my second spell was important. Happy we got the results.

Zeeshan was very ecnomical but needs to find morewicket taking deliveries. Overall good match for Pakistan pacers

What a bowling performance from Ubaid and Pakistan that was high quality.

In previous games you seen Ubaid move the ball back in to the batters and today we seen him move the ball away from the batters.

What a comeback win by Pakistan, I honestly thought Bangladesh was going to win, I had a feeling it would be close but I really thought our boys would lose

Great display of bowling by Pak

What a comeback win by Pakistan, I honestly thought Bangladesh was going to win, I had a feeling it would be close but I really thought our boys would lose

Great display of bowling by Pak
They have got the balance all wrong..i love the allrounder hasan has big future if he can just increase some speed he was given wrongly out...that haroon rashid is wastong a spot i thought riazullah was better he was only given one match..the offie did decent batting today so he is fine

Pakistan need to include another batter in the xi for an all rounder.

So now the equation is like this, India will face South Africa in Semi Final 1 and Pakistan will face Australia in Semi Final 2.

c1QJ0CH.jpg

A6H4wDT.jpg

Zeeshan should bowl with the new ball , he is useless with the semi new ball and old ball , Ahmed Hasan can be tried in the 6th over but Zeeshan should ball his first 3 overs in the semi final with the new ball.

Ali Asfand should be dropped in place of M.Naveed and Riazullah should play instead of Haroon to strengthen the batting lineup.

PAKISTAN UNDER-19
155 (40.4)

BANGLADESH UNDER-19
150 (35.5)

Pakistan win by five runs

A superb bowling effort saw Pakistan being bowled out for 155. If Bangladesh can achieve the target in 38.1 overs or less, they'll make it to the semi-final stage at the back of a better net run rate. A number of their batters got starts, however, Pakistan's exceptional work in the field brought them back in the contest.

After seeing off the first few overs, Shahzaib Khan and Shamyl Hussain opened their arms. The latter took the lead in run-scoring but also fell after he left Rohanat Doullah Borson delivery that jagged in and crashed against his off stump.

Although Pakistan were at a relatively safe 50/1 at the end of the first Powerplay, the Tigers struck back in the middle overs. Led by Borson, and Sheikh Jibon, they ran through the Pakistan top and middle-order. The side had lost their sixth wicket for 89. The batting innings never recovered from this start and couldn't bat out their quota of overs.

Jibon and Borson were the most efficient Bangladesh bowlers. Both of them finished with identical figures of 4/24.

Ubaid Shah fought back for Pakistan with two quick wickets up front, including the aggressive Jishan Alam. He returned to get a third wicket in the form of Ahrar Amin. The batter edged one away from the first slip, but Haroon Arshad dived to take a brilliant catch. Ubaid's third was Bangladesh's fourth wicket, and the side needed Ariful Islam and Md Shihab James to stand up for them.

But Ariful fell in the very next over. He had nearly succeeded in dispatching an Ali Raza delivery past point, but the ball was brilliantly intercepted by Shamyl, who took a stunning blinder at point. In the 20th over, Ubaid struck for a fourth time to reduce Bangladesh at 83/6.

Shihab and newcomer Mahfuzur Rahman set about rebuilding the chase, of which 73 runs remained. Shihab took the lead in scoring, while Mahfuzur remained solid at the other end. Shihab was lucky to survive in the 29th over, when Ubaid couldn't hold on to a straight forward catch.

However, Ubaid made amends in the very next over by snaring Shihab. Ali Raza contributed soon after, and Pakistan were on top once more.

Pakistan were nearly there when a direct hit got them the ninth wicket at 127. However, Borson and Maruf Mridha fought on for the final wicket. The duo brought Bangladesh at the brink, and the side needed merely six runs to win by the 37th over. However, Mohammad Zeeshan forced Maruf to fend one back to his stump, and managed to wrap things for Pakistan.

What a wild ending to a match.

Anytime you can defend 156, you've done something special and huge credit to the bowling group. The batting however... uhh, well I hope they are better in the semi.

Great performance. They deserve this win. There are some talented players and I hope they have a good career forward.

What a wild ending to a match.

Anytime you can defend 156, you've done something special and huge credit to the bowling group. The batting however... uhh, well I hope they are better in the semi.
Batting is very top heavy. One of the top 3 needs to score a 100 for Pakistan to have a great score.

What a bowling performance from Ubaid and Pakistan that was high quality.

In previous games you seen Ubaid move the ball back in to the batters and today we seen him move the ball away from the batters.
Brilliant bowling from Ubaid!

That was good to see! Seems well mature in bowling for his age

Brilliant bowling from Ubaid!

That was good to see! Seems well mature in bowling for his age

Definitely looks mature for his age also to drop a catch and then come back to bowl and take a wicket shows his mentality and attitude.

Since the inclusion of Ali Raza our pace quartet collectively has to be the best in this tournament.

All 4 of them having the potential to be in the senior side if they improve in couple of years with Ubaid and Raza seems the brightest out of the 4 at the moment.

Fortuitous win for Pakistan!!! Bangladesh just couldn't get over the line. Pakistan seems to be going downhill in several aspects of the game but the most glaring one is the lack of a decent spinner even in their youth circles, you have got to press the alarm bells, if a team from the subcontinent cannot field even a couple of serviceable spinners in their line up. The world cup this year was testimony to their struggles where none of shadab khan, usama mir & nawaz were able to land the ball in the right areas let alone having the confidence to use guile to beat the batsman. As long as Pakistan ignores this gaping hole they are going to be buried neck deep in trouble. It wouldn't be too far fetched if I were to say that several associate nations have better spinners than Pakistan.

As was evident from today's match, none of the batsmen have any clue against quality spinners in the opposition ranks and can't so much as rotate the strike to save their life, let alone play assertively. Pakistan would go a long way of bridging the chasm between them and the top teams by addressing this single most important issue.

Fortuitous win for Pakistan!!! Bangladesh just couldn't get over the line. Pakistan seems to be going downhill in several aspects of the game but the most glaring one is the lack of a decent spinner even in their youth circles, you have got to press the alarm bells, if a team from the subcontinent cannot field even a couple of serviceable spinners in their line up. The world cup this year was testimony to their struggles where none of shadab khan, usama mir & nawaz were able to land the ball in the right areas let alone having the confidence to use guile to beat the batsman. As long as Pakistan ignores this gaping hole they are going to be buried neck deep in trouble. It wouldn't be too far fetched if I were to say that several associate nations have better spinners than Pakistan.

As was evident from today's match, none of the batsmen have any clue against quality spinners in the opposition ranks and can't so much as rotate the strike to save their life, let alone play assertively. Pakistan would go a long way of bridging the chasm between them and the top teams by addressing this single most important issue.
Actually they have a spinner who spin the ball most in this World Cup but Ali Asfand must play all games.

Many Congrats to Pakistan U19 team.

After the kind of shameful shenanigans (don’t wanna call it youthful exuberance, it was plain ugly churlish behaviour) that BDU19 boys did against Indian boys in the earlier game, I Could not be more happier than this result.

I think the problem which Pakistan has had for many years, of taking pressure in big games, is persisting. U19 players are the ones who show our grassroots level, and they collapsed in the do or die match against Bangladesh U19 today. Though we won the game, overall, I'm not satisfied with the product we are producing. The mechanism is the same. Nothing new or innovative.

Since the inclusion of Ali Raza our pace quartet collectively has to be the best in this tournament.

All 4 of them having the potential to be in the senior side if they improve in couple of years with Ubaid and Raza seems the brightest out of the 4 at the moment.

Raza needs to put some muscle on but they have a good starting ingredients.

Back