Pakistan v Australia | First Test | Day 2: Session 1 | Lord's | 14/07/10

Status
Not open for further replies.

cricfan967

ODI Debutant
Joined
Dec 8, 2009
Runs
10,883
Play to start in about 3 hours, as there is an early start I presume.

Australia were 229/9 after 70 overs at the end of day 1.
Play stopped early due to bad light.

Weather looking much brighter, better conditions for batting than yesterday.
 
Last edited:
Hopefully we wrap Aussie innings up fast. I'm counting on Salman to be solid and show his growth as a batsman.
 
Weather update from NW7 (15/20 mins drive from Lords)...

A much much brigther and drier start then yesterday...Still very cloudy but more breaks in the cloud and the sun does show through now and then...

Expected temperature around 23 degrees so expect the ball to swing today!

Here's hoping for a full days play!
 
Jab tak hussey khel raha hai aap kuch nahi keh sakty ...ager us ne 30 to 60 runs bana diya to match Australia ki taraf jhuk jaye ga
 
Last edited by a moderator:
We need to attack Hussey from the word go - don't fall into the trap as we did last night of giving him easy singles. That was far too MoYo-esque from Afridi!!

Get them under 250, boys!
 
ShehryarK said:
We need to attack Hussey from the word go - don't fall into the trap as we did last night of giving him easy singles. That was far too MoYo-esque from Afridi!!

Get them under 250, boys!
I hope Afridi will not send all fielders to the boundary just like MoYo did last time. :moyo
 
Bolinger will face the 1st ball today against Aamer/Asif
I hope we will knock him down in 1st over.
 
PakPassionate said:
Bolinger will face the 1st ball today against Aamer/Asif
I hope we will knock him down in 1st over.
Insha Allah - we will. :)

The key though is that Hussey is NOT a jinn. He's human. Early morning conditions won't suit his batting. Plus he'll have to get his eye in all over again, get set. Batting won't be easy, given how well Kaneria and Aamer will be bowling ;-)

Hence, no harm in attacking BOTH Hussey and Bollinger - best way to wrap up this innings.
 
wrap em up for max 240.....with in the next 3-5 0vers...bollinger shouldnt survive more than that...
im hoping butta can fire and farhat can give him some kind of support...

if PAK get 350 somehow InshAllah they will win
 
Yesterday , the bowling conditions were looking real good . I hope the conditions suit the batting today or else Dougy and Co will be running through our line-up like a knife through butter .
 
I don't see Hussey being dismissed , the guy is looking in real good touch . The best option is to attack Dougy , hope Gul and Aamer start firing those yorkers straight away .
 
Is the early start confirmed or everyone is thinking and presuming?

I don't want to sound harsh but I need to know is the early start official?
 
match will probably start 10 AM local time ... 2PM PST

salman butt should score a century in this innings.. like he score in hobart this jan .. :)
 
IMMY69 said:
Weather update from NW7 (15/20 mins drive from Lords)...

A much much brigther and drier start then yesterday...Still very cloudy but more breaks in the cloud and the sun does show through now and then...

Expected temperature around 23 degrees so expect the ball to swing today!

Here's hoping for a full days play!

Are you sure about that?

The BBC's weather forecast for the day is extremely disconcerting - light rain throughout.
 
mindless slogging said:
Are you sure about that?

The BBC's weather forecast for the day is extremely disconcerting - light rain throughout.


forget bbc..they always mislead when it comes to weather....the guy lives near lords so hes probably right
 
sakss said:
forget bbc..they always mislead when it comes to weather....the guy lives near lords so hes probably right

Well, the forecast is for light rain from about 10am (scheduled start).

They don't have rain now (which is what he is relying on). The fact they use satellites to predict the weather for the day means they are still in a better place to forecast the conditions for the day.
 
Can someone provide that link to the live camera in London?
 
We have seen too many times in the past that those websites and weather agencies who use satellites proved to be wrong. So, I have stopped looking at them long time ago. Will wait till 10 AM and switch on tensports if there is cricket that means the satellites are malfunctioning and the guy living close to Lords is right. ;-)
 
hussey will be on the strike .. to face the first ball... we should have a some what moderate field for hussey.... 6-3 field... 3 fielders should be in the boundary.... third man...fine leg.. and deep square leg.. with 2 slips and gully cover..mid off .. mid on

test him up with couple of short ball... with deep square leg and fine leg at place..early on the innings when his eyes are not set ..early morning ..fresh start
 
Last edited:
Light rain will not stop cricket. It's the light we need to worry about, and it looks much brighter than yesterday.
 
mindless slogging said:
Well, the forecast is for light rain from about 10am (scheduled start).

They don't have rain now (which is what he is relying on). The fact they use satellites to predict the weather for the day means they are still in a better place to forecast the conditions for the day.

o crap ...well i hope it doesnt rain then and stays as it is now... please keep updating people
 
We should start aggressively today. Attack both batsmen and wrap em up as soon as possible. And then... please bat sensibly!!

IMMY69, please keep us updated with the weather conditions.
 
Advice to Butt and Farhat, if you're gonna go fishing, throw the damn kitchen sink at it!
 
were in a great position lads, lets hope we can now build a substantial lead.
 
We need to wrap up Aussie inns straight away and then need a solid days batting effort.

We need to some how score 350-400!
 
Guys i think the best way to tackle hussey is have a defensive field set for him, now think about it. he wont have any boundary and he will be force to take a single which will allow bollinger to cum and we can attack bollinger. if u attack hussey, he will score easy boundaries and we cant manage to let aussie go more then 240-250..... i hope inshallah we get the wickt of bollinger in the 1st over today
 
Just a thought , a battle will be going on between Aamer and Asif for fourth wicket . Who deserves the fourth wicket more ? In my opinion Asif .
 
I'm in London right now, by the express. Some clouds but pretty sunny. Right now there's nothing to worry about but from what I've noticed it can change pretty darn fast.
 
I dont think afridi went too defensive against hussey. He operated with 2 slips and a gully with mid on mid off up in the circle. he got just two men at the boundary one at deep square leg and one at deep extra cover which make sense to me. on a seeming track having mid on mid off up with two slips and gully was a good field, especially when u have no 11 at the other end.
 
vehaz said:
I dont think afridi went too defensive against hussey. He operated with 2 slips and a gully with mid on mid off up in the circle. he got just two men at the boundary one at deep square leg and one at deep extra cover which make sense to me. on a seeming track having mid on mid off up with two slips and gully was a good field, especially when u have no 11 at the other end.


yeah .. I agree on that ... he should keep the same field for hussey today as well..

with bowling couple of short pitch stuff early on today...
 
Shoaib Malik was dropped because of form: Yawar

KARACHI: Pakistan team manager Yawar Saeed has dismissed reports that Shoaib Malik was not considered for the first Test against Australia on disciplinary grounds and said the former captain was dropped from the playing eleven because of his poor form.

There were reports in the media that Malik was dropped from the team for the first Test against Australia which started on Tuesday at Lord's after the experienced all-rounder skipped a few practice sessions to be with his wife Sania Mirza.

But Yawar rubbished the reports, saying they were untrue and baseless.

"The team was picked well in advance and the tour selection committee did not pick Malik because he is still trying to find his form," Yawar said from London.

"The spirit of the team is high and all the players have gelled together. There have been no disciplinary issues as yet at all," he said.

Malik married Indian tennis ace Sania earlier this year in a much-hyped ceremony in Hyderabad.

Soon after his publicised wedding, Malik, who was banned by the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) for one year over indiscipline, was recalled in the national team for last month's Asia Cup after an appeals tribunal cleared him of any wrongdoing.

Malik himself was surprised by the report since he had not missed a single practice session and said he was ignored only because of his form.

"Even when we go out of the hotel we do it with the knowledge and permission of the team management," he said.

"I have not been selected because the tour selection committee felt that it was better to give a chance to youngsters for this Test and also I am trying to get back to my best form," Malik said.

The PCB has issued strict instructions to the team management not to show leniency to any player during the tour and to deal strongly with incidents of cricketers violating the code of conduct.

Sources, however, said that Malik and enigmatic fast bowler Shoaib Akhtar had been on their best behavior since returning to the Pakistan team last month.

"In fact the board has asked the team management including the captain and coach and also the selection committee to send a report on the behavior, form and fitness of Malik so that he can considered for a central contract," one source said.

Malik was robbed of his central contract this year because of the ban and fine imposed on him by the PCB for indiscipline during Pakistan's disastrous tour of Australia.
 
there will not be an early start otherwise Sky would have mentioned it after the highlights last night. Plus there was no mention of an early start at the ground or i may have missed that?
 
Pakistan Shuld Play full today and tomorrow to. Make a big lead and defeat Aus by an Inning.

If pak wins this match, there will no pressure on Pak as they wont Loose the series..

But still long way to go.
 
vehaz said:
Shoaib Malik was dropped because of form: Yawar

KARACHI: Pakistan team manager Yawar Saeed has dismissed reports that Shoaib Malik was not considered for the first Test against Australia on disciplinary grounds and said the former captain was dropped from the playing eleven because of his poor form.

There were reports in the media that Malik was dropped from the team for the first Test against Australia which started on Tuesday at Lord's after the experienced all-rounder skipped a few practice sessions to be with his wife Sania Mirza.

But Yawar rubbished the reports, saying they were untrue and baseless.

"The team was picked well in advance and the tour selection committee did not pick Malik because he is still trying to find his form," Yawar said from London.

"The spirit of the team is high and all the players have gelled together. There have been no disciplinary issues as yet at all," he said.

Malik married Indian tennis ace Sania earlier this year in a much-hyped ceremony in Hyderabad.

Soon after his publicised wedding, Malik, who was banned by the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) for one year over indiscipline, was recalled in the national team for last month's Asia Cup after an appeals tribunal cleared him of any wrongdoing.

Malik himself was surprised by the report since he had not missed a single practice session and said he was ignored only because of his form.

"Even when we go out of the hotel we do it with the knowledge and permission of the team management," he said.

"I have not been selected because the tour selection committee felt that it was better to give a chance to youngsters for this Test and also I am trying to get back to my best form," Malik said.

The PCB has issued strict instructions to the team management not to show leniency to any player during the tour and to deal strongly with incidents of cricketers violating the code of conduct.

Sources, however, said that Malik and enigmatic fast bowler Shoaib Akhtar had been on their best behavior since returning to the Pakistan team last month.

"In fact the board has asked the team management including the captain and coach and also the selection committee to send a report on the behavior, form and fitness of Malik so that he can considered for a central contract," one source said.

Malik was robbed of his central contract this year because of the ban and fine imposed on him by the PCB for indiscipline during Pakistan's disastrous tour of Australia.

Dude this is a thread on the session 1, day 2. Whats the point of posting that in here? :ibutt
 
Ali888 said:
Today seems brighter than yesterday, can see some blue cloud.


How does a blue cloud looks like, never had them in Pakistan. :20:
 
Afridi_Fan said:
How does a blue cloud looks like, never had them in Pakistan. :20:
Wilayat ki baatein hain bhai.... wahana ka apna hi hisaab kitaab hai :asif
 
Afridi_Fan said:
How does a blue cloud looks like, never had them in Pakistan. :20:

Probably like this:

BlueCloud_750_750.jpg


Or may be this:

2630503132_2962e39ff6.jpg
 
Salam and Good Morning everyone nice and shiny here in Germany how are you feeling big day coming up.
 
Prepare for some severe wrist slitting in this thread when we bat :afridi
 
dhump said:
Salam and Good Morning everyone nice and shiny here in Germany how are you feeling big day coming up.

Walaikum Assalaam

Send some of the sunshine to England :inti
 
Khabri420 said:
Walaikum Assalaam

Send some of the sunshine to England :inti

on its way pushing the sun badly but it burns ushhhhhhhh.
 
I am feeling very very uncomfortable with thought of Pakistan batting today we will see lots of blood on the wicket.
 
pakcricketfan said:
I'm still waiting for someone to answer this question.


doesnt say anywhere...but usually incase of lost overs paly starts half hour before or they might just have extended 2nd and last sessions...not sure
 
Go for broke.. Farhat can sacrifice themselves by hitting a quickfire 30, get the ball old.. then the middle order can do the batting..
 
adnan yasin said:
it is of our interest but u posted in the wrong thread..

Calm down, no harm done if he has posted in worng thread. Insaan ghalti ka putla hai.

And the brother in OP mentioned about early start. So when is it starting?
 
sakss said:
doesnt say anywhere...but usually incase of lost overs paly starts half hour before or they might just have extended 2nd and last sessions...not sure

Well they still did'nt get in 90 overs yersterday and should try to get in atleast 100 overs today, weather permitting.
 
I dont think Pak will score more than 200 in their 1st innngs.
 
hmmm why do most of us Pakistani fans think the same ???
 
Oxy said:
I dont think Pak will score more than 200 in their 1st innngs.

They will inshaAllah. Now let us think with our heart. 350 on the card InshaAllah.
 
Oxy said:
I dont think Pak will score more than 200 in their 1st innngs.

hate the negativity! which is so normal from some pakistan fans who have twisted depressed mindset. inshAllah they will score alot more than 200.
 
Afridi_Fan said:
Is it confirmed?

Na don't think so. Cricinfo hasn't said good morning as yet and they usually do that atleast 10 minutes before the start.
 
ghulam35 said:
hate the negativity! which is so normal from some pakistan fans who have twisted depressed mindset. inshAllah they will score alot more than 200.

InshaAllah :)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top