Pakistan v Australia | Second Test | Day 2: Session 1 | Leeds | 22/07/10

Status
Not open for further replies.

cricfan967

ODI Debutant
Runs
Play to start in about 2 hours.
Pakistan will look to increase to their lead.

Australia were bowled out for 88 in their first innings and Pakistan are 148/3.
They now lead by 60 runs.

Last edited:
I wish they score atleast 190 more ...

our tail also need to contribute atleast 70 80 odd runs ... it will be real bonus

a good number 8 batsman will give decent enough support

I wish they score atleast 190 more ...

our tail also need to contribute atleast 70 80 odd runs ... it will be real bonus

a good number 8 batsman will give decent enough support

I would say 250 more . 300 runs lead will be good .chasing 150 even in 4th inning will be difficult with our unreliable batting line up .

LEAD of 300+ will be amazing but we have lost 3 wickets already thats y i thought atleast 190 to make it to 250 minimum ... but i think aussie will not score more then 325-350 MAX ... only if we bowled very very poorly

We need some solid partnerships today with One of Umars or Kamran scoring a hundred!

We cant afford to give the Aussies a sniff here!

Really need to win the first session as the aussies only need a sniff and their back in the game. A big knock from Umar Akmal is what we need and he is due one!

On the other hand a pakistan bad session is always around the corner :(

Unless we get a 200+ lead am not confident we will win this test!

i heard it will rain first day as well.. but it was just passing showers

hopefully it will be passing showers today as well ..

Can't wait for play to being. Hope Umar Amin can do well today. He's always looked classy but never really got going in any of his international innings - time to convert all of those starts into something meaningful!

Plan of attack today shoule be to see of the first session. If they play normally the Umar's can get about 80-100 in the first session Inshallah. Kamran and Shoaib can get about another 80 between them and the tail and extras should get us to over 200 for today. Therefore a lead of 250 shoud be handy.

simples. Right?

Plan of attack today shoule be to see of the first session. If they play normally the Umar's can get about 80-100 in the first session Inshallah. Kamran and Shoaib can get about another 80 between them and the tail and extras should get us to over 200 for today. Therefore a lead of 250 shoud be handy.

simples. Right?

yeah i :13: we can achieve that

sun is out, and i live 18 miles away from leeds, hope that helps the nerves

according to met-office = overcast conditions and no rain

I dont think is that bad weather, but seems real overcast. Hope Pak Batsmen are ready for some real swing.

I think match will start on time.

I think someone needs to tell Azhar how to play the ball which is near the of stump, cuz he has no idea how to play it and gives away his wicket....he needs to work on it otherwise infront os anderson he wont even last 3 balls... he has good temperament and looks like a good test batsmen but he needs some tuning. apart from that, i wish from 148-3. PAK atleast makes 286 runs to get in a stable position. a 200 lead would be great but we must not take it easy on our selves. AUSSIES will never quit until the match is over. So we need to be confident and positive. Im afraid we dont witness another collapse, cuz our Akmal brothers are still in odi mode and they need a wake up call. IF WE get more thne 200 lead, inshallah we will be in a safe position to win this match bi inngs.

We need to kill the game today and now, have a huge lead but that seems very unlikely, no big shots bat through the sessions today and maybe a few sessions tommorow.

We need to kill the game today and now, have a huge lead but that seems very unlikely, no big shots bat through the sessions today and maybe a few sessions tommorow.

I think it's highly unlikely that Pak can bat the whole day.

I expect Aus to be batting at tea if not earlier.

However, that would be enough to give Pak a lead of a few hundred.

First session is crucial.....as people have been saying.

Let's get to lunch having lost no more than 1 more wicket.

1st session will effectively decide the game - in 3 hours we will know if Pak are in a position to draw or win the game.

Defeat is not an option!!!

1st session will effectively decide the game - in 3 hours we will know if Pak are in a position to draw or win the game.

With Pakistan its either win or lose - Draw is not an option

actually I dont think a draw is an option! Unless its a complete wash out, there will be one victor..Lets hope its Pakistan!!!

Hopefully we have a better day today.

One of the words used in the paper today was "humiliating"

Salaam valaikum to everyone. A good day lies ahead for Pakistan at Headingly Inshallah.

The bad news: overnight rain means we're going to have a delayed start this morning. The good news: it's not raining anymore, and we should have play by 11.00am. The umpires will be inspecting the square at 10.30am. - Cricinfo

match will start at 11.30, damp outfield

From Crapinfo

10.05am Morning everyone, welcome to Cricinfo's coverage of day two of the second Test between Pakistan and Australia at Headingley. I'm Liam Brickhill, and I'll be joined shortly by Sahil Dutta and Andrew McGlashan to bring you live commentary from today's play. There's some good news and some bad news at the ground this morning. The bad news: overnight rain means we're going to have a delayed start this morning. The good news: it's not raining anymore, and we should have play by 11.00am. The umpires will be inspecting the square at 10.30am.

Holding, Gower and Raja praising Butt and his confident start to captaincy at the moment.

10.05am Morning everyone, welcome to Cricinfo's coverage of day two of the second Test between Pakistan and Australia at Headingley. I'm Liam Brickhill, and I'll be joined shortly by Sahil Dutta and Andrew McGlashan to bring you live commentary from today's play. There's some good news and some bad news at the ground this morning. The bad news: overnight rain means we're going to have a delayed start this morning. The good news: it's not raining anymore, and we should have play by 11.00am. The umpires will be inspecting the square at 10.30am.

Half an hour delay isn't that bad

Just hope the rain (and clouds :D ) keep away today

Play will start at 11:15am BST ie in 35 mins or so (Sky Sports)

Lets hope for a good solid session of Batting!

Ramiz: "My sources tell me that Waqar had always wanted Salman as the Test captain, so the two of them are working well together"

If Pakistan can somehow not loose wickets or may be 1 and put up 70 to 80 runs.....it will be huge step..

The conditions are all against us. The only thing in our favor is that it won't be a new ball. So, lets hope we can add another 100-140 to our score today.

Come on Pakistan.

Allott: "Pitch looks like Headingley in late 1970s and 80s."

Both Allott and Warne: "Today will be very bowler friendly. Conditions will be very tough for batsmen"

If the condtions are similar to yesterdays morning, then i wont mind a batting collapse. get a lead of around 150 and send aus in.and try to bowl exactly the same way like 1st inns

Congratulations Shakil, you've broken the record for the most cliches in 20 minutes.

If the condtions are similar to yesterdays morning, then i wont mind a batting collapse. get a lead of around 150 and send aus in.and try to bowl exactly the same way like 1st inns

But with Pakistan you never know .... Bowller also let us down in Sydney in the 2nd innings of Aussies...

LOL at CricIndia jumping around because we are getting beaten.

Pity their team is also losing eh?

The plan is to give the single to Amin and get Akmal on strike. He will hit some nice shots and then donate his wicket to us....

Malik will be harder to dislodge.

This is actually very good news for us. We already have a lead of 60 runs with 7 wickets in hand.........even a complete collapse and we'll have a lead of close to 100. In bowling conditions that is a HUGE lead.

Ima go focus on the ind-sri game for the time being, see you folks in a bit !

I am sensing big trouble. With these conditions, we will struggle to make even 200. And if Australia bats all day tomorrow, we are doomed

SL win the test match by 10 wickets. Congratulations.

"Excellent bowling conditions again so what can Australia do? Bowling straight would be a good start. "

from cricinfo. RUN JOHNNY! and will tensports start showing the match already? i don't want to listen to atul wasan discuss murali.

Yeah Sri Lanka have beaten India by 10 wickets in the first test - so long muttiah !

Well the conditions are very well suited to the bowlers... Don't expect much from our fragile batting lineup, hope for miracle - 150+ lead will be good in these conditions.

Is there any live commentary on the radio for this game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back