Pakistan v Bangladesh | Match 43, World Cup | 5th July, 2019 | Lords's | Pakistan innings

People are seriously mad at these guys for not got going for 500? Lol
Talk about delusions of grandeur 😂

Yeah right!!!!! Our team is rubbish. Give them flat track and Sakib, Soumo, Liton and Mahmudullah will murder our bowlers
Although they are. But I would still back them to score 380+ against Bangladesh on the flattest of pitches

The strength of the team is determined by its bench strength as much as by its playing 11.

We cant find solid names to replace a hack Fakhar , an opener from 70's Imam and experienced losers like hafeez and malik.
No candidate to replace Sarfraz as captain.

Tells us we have a long way to go.

The openers from 70s probably knew how to place balls in gaps.
Imam doesn't.
This is a mediocre bowling attack except Shakib.

I don’t think he tried enough. There was no intent in team selection either. Could have taken a batsman at the expense of an all rounder. team has ‘settled’ for a win. I know it’s an impossible ask to achieve a 300+ run margin victory. But to not even try for 10 overs is just sad!

Babar (c)
Imam
Haris
Rizwan (wk)
new number 5
new number 6
Imad
new spinner
Amir
Shaheen
new fast bowler

This should be our ODI team post World Cup.

Simon Doull exposing our hacks.Shows the kind of players we are producing.No game awareness

Bowling to Fakhar Zaman with new ball is a delight for any off spinner, we saw that in Asia Cup and WC confirmed it.

What a boring dead rubber match, I am going to bed. Thanks Sarfraz for hyping up this for nothing

Even if Pakistan were to score 450-500, did people honestly think on such a surface that Bangladesh would've blasted out for a 100-odd ?

There is no cure for delusion. Just win the damn match.

Next time someone throws cornered tiger and mission impossible, see Fakhars, Imam and Sarfaraz picture.

Today Fakhar knew what to do, his game but played exactly opposite. Lulz

Babar (c)
Imam
Haris
Rizwan (wk)
new number 5
new number 6
Imad
new spinner
Amir
Shaheen
new fast bowler

I agree with you,I would also bring sharjeel khan back,If David warner ,steve smith ,Amir can return why not sharjeel?

No matter how bad Fakhar is he atleast looks at the striker when he is at the non striker's end as soon as striker plays unlike Imam who is looking at the fielders or something

So this is the intent India were lacking against England People were complaining

is rizwan better than sarfraz or is sarfraz too old?

Rizwan is no world beater but he showed against Australia that he is comfortably better than Sarfraz who has already seen his best days. If anything, Rizwan is at least entering the prime of his career.

Every time I see the face of the loser Mashrafe, I lose my temper.

Every other bowler has been economical so far but this idiot with his pot belly has an economy rate of 7.

When will this torture end?

To be fair, they're just not good enough. Nothing to do with choking.

Hopefully they are a better cricket team in the next WC.
Says a lot about New Zealand, who lost comfortably to this rubbish team. Or are we going to make excuses now, which is your modus operandi?

To qualify for the semis, Pakistan needs to score at 8+ an over. After the first 12 overs they are scoring at the rate of 4 an over. They are playing to win rather than qualify.

Fair enough, but why criticize Dhoni for not going for a win needing 14+ an over?

Nasser and Ganguly have an opinion on this?

A team like ENgland is yet to scale 500 even in bilaterals. Pakistan is going to do it in a crunch game? lol

I agree with you,I would also bring sharjeel khan back,If David warner ,steve smith ,Amir can return why not sharjeel?

You have to draw the line somewhere. If we keep bringing fixers back, players will continue to indulge in such activities. Adopting a zero-tolerance policy is the only solution for minimizing this practice.

Every time I see the face of the loser Mashrafe, I lose my temper.

Every other bowler has been economical so far but this idiot with his pot belly has an economy rate of 7.

When will this torture end?

Mashrsfe, Sarfraz, Malik, Hafeez and Dhoni. South asian seniors unite!

Even if Pakistan were to score 450-500, did people honestly think on such a surface that Bangladesh would've blasted out for a 100-odd ?

There is no cure for delusion. Just win the damn match.

If not for the hope, why bother play. Pakistan has always relied on the hope to win - to try at least. Pakistan team has been many thing but rational. Pakistan is unpredictable for the reason.

Suddenly Pakistan is playing rational innings which was needed against West Indies.

Ban Pakistan from cricket since Pakistan is going to further worse from here now as predicted by [MENTION=131701]Mamoon[/MENTION].

Pakistan were never thinking of scoring 400+ total.Had they been thinking they would have played Asif in place of Imam.
I tend to agree with Michael Atherton that even though there was just the slightest of hope left,there still was something with which you could have worked upon.

If Australia doesn't draw a line why should we? They are a much better team than us and they know importance of good players even if they fix.

Looks like we will not even score 275!!!! What a pathetic batting

which game are you watching ? 52 in 13th in this game ....

Look I’m following the scorecard and am not watching the match.

Also I said if they can score 400 they will have a chance other than that they won’t qualify which is most likely outcome of this match.

Most unfit player to open an innings in the ODIs is Imam. He is clearly out of depth. He just goes at his own pace with no 'catchin-up' ability like Rohit.

[MENTION=131701]Mamoon[/MENTION] has Babar ever captained. Remember seeing him in the u19 wc. Think someone else was captain

People are seriously mad at these guys for not got going for 500? Lol
Talk about delusions of grandeur ��

What would they lose? They are already out. And whats the point of going at 4 runs per over? Its not like Fakhar is rohit sharma and make up for it later

If Australia doesn't draw a line why should we? They are a much better team than us and they know importance of good players even if they fix.

Were Warner and Smith fixers? Australia will never give a second chance to match-fixer. Ball-tamperers and drug users yes, but never fixers.

I think like NRR someone will say after 45 overs and 200 runs, I don’t know how this happened. We will try to score 500 now

Shakib helping his Muslim brothers starting with a wide + four Alhumdulillah

Babar (c)
Imam
Haris
Rizwan (wk)
new number 5
new number 6
Imad
new spinner
Amir
Shaheen
new fast bowler

Agree with most of these choices, but would make a couple of changes with the following XI:

Babar
Sharjeel
Haris
Rizwan (wk)
Umar Akmal
new number 6
Imad (captain or vice captain)
new spinner
Amir (captain or Vice-captain)
Shaheen
new fast bowler

The age of 35 is the age when the batsman is at its prime the reflexes start to slow at the age of 38 or 39 so age wont be a factor for sharjeel.

Only when you are fit. Considering his fitness, he is probably finished already.

Back