Pakistan v England | 1st Test | Multan | October 7 to 11 | Pre-Match Discussion

Never understood why they would start a test match on Monday. They could have easily started on a weekend to attract more viewers. Talk about poor planning :facepalm:

Well rizwan has this series to prove me wrong

To his credit, he's made me change my mind a little bit.
Lol at changing your mind a little bit. I mean is that even a thing?

Is there any batter in the Pakistan test squad who meets your criteria?

Lol at changing your mind a little bit. I mean is that even a thing?

Is there any batter in the Pakistan test squad who meets your criteria?
You seem to be gloating a lot because of performances against Bangladesh

Rizwan wasn’t even in the top 10 batters of the Pakistan cup a week later

Have no expectation from this team who lost 2 consecutive test matches against a minnow team in home conditions.
Even if they win 3-0, it will not justify their ultimate and absolute failure in previous series.

Abrar might actually pick a few wickets because England will go after him. He seems that kinda bowler to me
But when will be He pick-up wickets is very important.

England definately target him so he need to be ready .what is ground dimension of Multan stadium?

England Captain Ollie Pope speaking during a press conference ahead of the 1st Test match against Pakistan:

"He's still got that real hunger and desire to play a lot more test cricket, which is brilliant for us."

"He's been working hard on his game to try and find different ways of taking wickets on different surfaces."

"Any side was going to miss Jimmy Anderson but at the same time, we've seen this summer that guys can step up and fill in for him.”

"Chris Woakes, the skills that he's got probably operating at a fairly similar pace, he's been working hard on his skills so he can step up and be that real leader of the attack."

"We've obviously got Gus Atkinson off the back of a really hot summer. A bit of extra pace with him and Brydon Carse too. So I think we've got the skill set to fill that gap that Jimmy's left.”

"Obviously, it's never going to be easy, but it's going to be a great opportunity for those guys to learn and to bowl in some different conditions and use their pace and their skills."

"We know their style but at the end of the day it's about what we need to do to counter that," Shan said.”

"I think that clarity shows in our playing XI, which was chosen after considering the opposition and the conditions here.”

"We believe this set of players give us our best chance against England."

“I was kind of just learning on the job. Obviously my first time captain abroad. Ben’s going to be around as well… so I can listen to the voices around me but still keep doing things in my way.”

“Everyone’s so happy to have Leach in and around the squad for this series. We obviously saw how well he bowled last time here on pitches that (are) always offering a great deal ... and he’s worked closely with Shoaib Bashir throughout his Somerset career and those guys go really well.”

Last edited:
You seem to be gloating a lot because of performances against Bangladesh

Rizwan wasn’t even in the top 10 batters of the Pakistan cup a week later
Answer the question. Is there any batter in the current Pakistan’s test squad who meet yours and Baba Saigol’s criteria.

Answer the question. Is there any batter in the current Pakistan’s test squad who meet yours and Baba Saigol’s criteria.
What’s Saud Shakeel to you guys? He’s better than Rizwan. He’s better than Babar too at the moment

Multan is also a big "bat first" wicket. Very difficult to chase the game here. Huge toss coming up for Shan.

Enlgand will go for a result if its phatta with their bazball approach...

Last time same mistake they prepped a phatta and went for a draw , surprised by the bazball approach and England made a clean sweep... the only team to go for a draw from day 0 lol and end up being clean swept by the opposition what more can be said :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Please note it here: Aamer Jamal will go for 5+ RPO/ over and most probably will be injured after or within the first test
i have the same feeling , out of desparation he is being rushed to play from nowhere after his long injury setback...

England played it smart by giving their main bowlers a break, knowing Pakistan would dish up a flat track. all they need is couple of batters sticking to the crease to get the job done

He has played enough to have an influence on the game.

Spinners (even if they are half decent) only get better the more you trust them and keep playing them. He is the most experienced spinner in this match
Experienced yes and agreed about more you trust them. But when was the time he rang thru any side on the 4.5 - 5th day?

I ca'nt recall any....
As an Indian fan - i feel Moeen was much more of a thorn for us, he used to get bagfuls of wickets vs us...

How many "in form" players do we have in this XI?
Zero but I think Hamza has been better than Shaheen in tests as of late

Mir hamza isn't a bowler who will you a game with a spell or take a 5 fer.

He is a workhorse.

Shaheen all round game offers more and stiffens up the lower order.
Shaheen doesn't have that ability nowadays, maybe 3 years ago

Also very generous to put an 'all round' tag on him, he can score quick 20s at the max

Back