Pakistan V India | 2nd Test Faisalabad | Official Day 2 Thread [22/1/06]

went for the 6 again ...mistimes it n straight up where yuvi takes a gud catch well played freedi......................! never mind a gr8 knock comes to an end!!!

That's painful, but well played Afridi :14:

A Great Knock anywayz. Really has put Pak in a strong position

me too, i have to study! well done afridi.. anything over 500 is awesome.

Morning Ritchie...morning everybody.

Looks like I woke up too late too witness Afridis little knock! Whats up with Inzi? Ret Hurt?

Hit on the toe by a skittler from Pathan?

Oxy™ said:
Morning Ritchie...morning everybody.

Looks like I woke up too late too witness Afridis little knock! Whats up with Inzi? Ret Hurt?

Hit on the toe by a skittler from Pathan?

sore back. Oxy please change the title to Day 2.
Afridi just got out.

Razzaq, now seems to give his bat a big back lift ... indicating his intentions well ... may be we may be in for some Razzaq fireworks

They are irritating Razak by bowling way outside the off stump. Frikkin RIP Singh is giving him cheeky smiles. The kid has taken totaly lucky wickets and thinks he's Freddy Flintoff. I wish they had brought him on when Afridi was playing.

Last edited:
Tried to go over mid on but couldnt quite get past the fielder who holds on to the catch.

we eventually hit 550, we in good position, and that seems fairly close at this point ... and then i realize that ... we got no Rana in our ranks today ... Razzaq needs to prove his worth here

More than 550.Pakistan need to bat out atleast 30-40 overs today. I heard Asif can bat a bit.

Inzi not looking very comfortable.. his back is really giving some problems

what a monster has Afridi turned into :O

another barbaric inning of epic proportions.

inzidabest said:
might be. but batting till tea is a distant possibility.Akmal should have been more responsible

dont worry yaar we will get there Inshallah. have some faith in YOUR TEAM

we should really get to 600 i think.. shoaib can bat too.. 550 aint going no where.

Well played Afridi. But pitch is also useless. Apart from Kumble, I haven't seen any bowler really bothering the batsman. Looks to me like a batting paradise. If it remains like this for next 2-3 days then India too will pile up runs. This might well be another tame draw.

Cartman said:
we should really get to 600 i think.. shoaib can bat too.. 550 aint going no where.

"some fans" haven't been following their team properly to know that :p

483 razi retains the strike with that single.........now all of u ...does razi,s innings make sense to u??? this is how test cricket should be played!!!!!!!! afridi is an exception!!!!

chuck said:
Well played Afridi. But pitch is also useless. Apart from Kumble, I haven't seen any bowler really bothering the batsman. Looks to me like a batting paradise. If it remains like this for next 2-3 days then India too will pile up runs. This might well be another tame draw.

one word...danish!

Waqar talking non-sense about Inzi's weight and some laws that don't exist

look at the runrate .. one would think it's ODI and not test

pakistan well on truely on track for 600...anything less then 550 would be a huge disapointment........!!!! razi moves on to 30 now.....inzi 82

The_Cricket_Devil said:
one word...danish!
Well Danish is good but wicket too should assist bowlers. Unlike England, Indians are good players of spin.

btw peeps who missed me ;-) ...inzi still looks in bit of a bother..esp when he plays the sweep shot

that was a close call for razi last over replays show was preety close..lucky to escape ....i would call it gud umpiring for a change ;-) pak 492 now with that single

On second look .. that lbw shout was very close. Razzaq was lucky. Credit should be given where due .. Kumble had bowled his hearts out on this placid track. He should have had Inzy yesterday.

perhaps pakistan can learn from england they have the offsde packed with feilders n are bowling outside the off stump nice plan..bowl on one side of the wicket !!dry up all the runs make the batsman do silly things!

cavin420 said:
perhaps pakistan can learn from england they have the offsde packed with feilders n are bowling outside the off stump nice plan..bowl on one side of the wicket !!dry up all the runs make the batsman do silly things!

U r right .. except for Sehwag

I am surprised Dravid allowed Inzi a runner-its a pre-existing injury.-he could have objected

Oxy™ said:
I am surprised Dravid allowed Inzi a runner-its a pre-existing injury.-he could have objected

DRavid is a cricket gentleman he doesnt stoop to such levels ..

any ways any other captain would also allow this

Oxy™ said:
inzi went straight to the umpires dravid wasnt consulted at all :))):)))

badxhah said:

I think Ponting/Vaughan would have objected v Pak. Good to see this kind of approach from Ind-I am sure Inzi would do the same.

great batting by pak inthis series so far.. we need to see some fireworks from our bowling

badxhah said:

ricky ponting..might have had a few things to say if we were to b playing against them .)...inzi looks aggresive now..come on inzi take it eazy now! nearly a catch through the slips n down to 3rd man for a single

Back