Pakistan v New Zealand | 1st Test - Day 1 | Dunedin | 24/11/09

Status
Not open for further replies.

srh

Senior T20I Player
Runs
ok the match is starting in 2.5 hours. It has been reported that its a greenish pitch. Inti has suggested that he would need 7 batsmen for this pitch. Both teams are sharing batting fears on this pitch.

-------------
New Zealand: 1 Tim McIntosh, 2 Martin Guptill, 3 Daniel Flynn, 4 Ross Taylor, 5 Peter Fulton, 6 Grant Elliott, 7 Brendon McCullum (wk), 8 Daniel Vettori (capt), 9 Shane Bond, 10 Iain O'Brien, 11 Chris Martin

Pakistan: 1 Khurram Manzoor, 2 Imran Farhat, 3 Fawad Alam, 4 Mohammad Yousuf (capt), 5 Umar Akmal, 6 Shoaib Malik, 7 Kamran Akmal (wk), 8 Mohammad Aamer, 9 Umar Gul, 10 Mohammad Asif, 11 Saeed Ajmal

Umpires RE Koertzen (South Africa) and SJA Taufel (Australia)
TV umpire BR Doctrove (West Indies)

TV umpire noted as there are reviews

Last edited by a moderator:
Bowling lineup of Gul, Aamir, Asif along with Ajmal will look good.

gollumbird said:
Bowling lineup of Gul, Aamir, Asif along with Ajmal will look good.

Agree to that.

We don't want Danish "150+' Kaneria.

The weather is a little chilly and overcast at the moment. The ball will seam and swing. Whoever wins the toss will probably bowl.

im going to sleep. i expext pakistan to reach 340-3 at the stumps or get nz 90 all out ande be 140-1 at stumps.

gollumbird said:
The weather is a little chilly and overcast at the moment. The ball will seam and swing. Whoever wins the toss will probably bowl.
Are you in New Zealand. :)))

Sufian84 said:
im going to sleep. i expext pakistan to reach 340-3 at the stumps or get nz 90 all out ande be 140-1 at stumps.

Sweet Dreams.

gollumbird said:

Will look forward to Pakistan's batting and bowling. Test how great of a team they can be on helpful bowling surfaces for once. Should swing big time with the new ball, once the ball gets old, a bit of nip and seam to offer I guess, spinners should also play a somewhat big role once the ball gets old.

gollumbird said:
definitely man. I read that Dunedin has a reputation as a seamer-friendly wicket on the first morning especially under cloud cover.

gollumbird said:
if it is actually chilly....otherwise Pakistan team chasing a target..!!!!:31:

Seen Sheen said:
if it is actually chilly....otherwise Pakistan team chasing a target..!!!!:31:

Even 20 celcius under cloudy skies is chilly by Subcontinental standards.

Apnacricket said:
Pakistan should win toss and Bat bowl first.

Dono kaam aik saath.

Kiwis should sit in their dressing room and watch, right?

gollumbird said:
Even 20 celcius under cloudy skies is chilly by Subcontinental standards.
so you are comfortable with Pakistan team chasing the target..... :13:

Guys what time is match starting , according to zee's schedule they are showin 1st day's play tomorrow 2300.mean on tuesday night .which is I think wrong.I am confused :13:

I hope we start the series well and a good begin for our new captain MoYo:moyo
Wisj him and his boyz good luck

btw

Here in the netherlands it'll be 00:00 when the match willl start and I need to go to school tomorrow but just want to see at least a houir of the match ;p

I know im addicted

Whats this thread doing up ?

Match doesn't start until TOMORROW !!!

Just kidding .. gotcha all :p

an interesting fact
Dan Vettori has 4 wkts against pakistan from 3 tests @100....so :moyo and co.should take heart from this stat.

Why is it cold in Dunedin? If it is winter in the northern hemisphere, isn't it supposed to be summer in N.Z.?

cricketpassion said:
Guys what time is match starting , according to zee's schedule they are showin 1st day's play tomorrow 2300.mean on tuesday night .which is I think wrong.I am confused :13:
we are just 1:50 hrs away from action.!!!!!!!! :moyo

Shah said:
Why is it cold in Dunedin? If it is winter in the northern hemisphere, isn't it supposed to be summer in N.Z.?
It is a seaport island and on high altitude which means surrounded by water and cool breeze. The barometic pressure never goees above 31.3 and clouds are always near by causing a cylonic thunderstorm conditions

Ali888 said:
We will miss Younus Khan bowling in this match.

I know .. YK was our star test seamer in Lanka.

He would have plenty of success on these pitches.

whyyy whyyy this time I had to go to office in the morning and it starts at 12:00 here.
Anyways I am not missing first session.

Nazir_ Rules said:
Cant wait, still have to do home work, and read quran, also pray for pakistan!

You still got 1 hour and 18 minutes.

Mulana sahab needs to win the toss. I want to see Pakistan bowl first else we have a disaster in our hand.

sali said:
Mulana sahab needs to win the toss. I want to see Pakistan bowl first else we have a disaster in our hand.

Yes, agreed, lets wait and see, inshallah pakistan will win the toss! :moyo

zee cinema is soo P**P it sais that till 00.30 their will be something else so it means ill miss 30 ins of the match...

please pay a lil attention on me :angel

zeecinema says it'll start on 00.30 so ill miss 30 mins..

HuZi said:
please pay a lil attention on me :angel

zeecinema says it'll start on 00.30 so ill miss 30 mins..
unless zeecinema is showing Indian time(remember they are 30 mins off the hour from the rest of the countries around them)

WAT!! i thought it was starting tomorrow! they changed it on the homepage too... approximately 45 mins left until start...

i live in the netherlands the different between time is that in netherlands the time is 1 hour forrward to uk time..

we are 0 for 4 after 4 balls.

Good morning and welcome to Cricinfo's coverage of the first Test between Pakistan and New Zealand at the University Oval in Dunedin.

Toss: Pakistan have won the toss and they will bowl first.

BALLE BALLE

damn goes my Pakistan 0 for 4 prediction

Farhat.Manzoor.Fawad.MoYo.Malik.Umer.Kamran.Gul.Aamir.Ajmal.Asif.

Is the Willow coverage working for anyone here? My screen's been saying loading for over 10 minutes now.

YESS theyre playing the team I wanted:

Pakistan team
Khurram Manzoor, Imran Farhat, Fawad Alam, Mohammad Yousuf*, Umar Akmal, Shoaib Malik, Kamran Akmal†, Mohammad Aamer, Umar Gul, Mohammad Asif, Saeed Ajmal

New Zealand: 1 Tim McIntosh, 2 Martin Guptill, 3 Daniel Flynn, 4 Ross Taylor, 5 Peter Fulton, 6 Grant Elliott, 7 Brendon McCullum (wk), 8 Daniel Vettori (capt), 9 Shane Bond, 10 Iain O'Brien, 11 Chris Martin

How weak does our batting line up look. Pressure will be on our bowlers a score below 250 is a minimum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back