Pakistan v SA | World T20 | 1st Semi-final| Trent Bridge| 18/6/09 [SA Inns]

Status
Not open for further replies.
saffer said:
This is why I don't like 20/20. Far too muc luck is involved. I suppose if I supported a weaker team like pakistan I see how it's appealing. On days like to day you get to lie to yourself.

ha ha ha...just kidding. I can't make excuses....jp dumminy was pathetic tonight.
:ibutt

What a turn around .. Pakistan will now be a different side in the Finals after this great win in semi finals ..Momentum with Pakistan

saffer said:
Obviously ! Unless we chocked how the heck could pakistan beat us ? Compared to us you're hopeless !

Is that what you are implying ?

are you being a sore loser? :6: :6: :6:

Congratulations everyone!!!!!
Wohooooooo

AMAZING ONE!!!!

Younis's blunder could have been costly, he needs to asnwer why FAWAD bowled that over.

Never when I woke up in the morning did I see Afridi making 50 runs and bowling so brilliantly.

This is it!

Congratz guys. Now Pak team definitely deserves to be in the position it is in now.

Would you believe it

I did not even saw a single bowl of the game.

What a performance! Congratulations to everybody.

Alhamdulillah.

My God!! Meine Got!! Mon Dieu!! What have we done! We must be the most upredictable team EVER!

2044: An extraordinary win for Pakistan - almost everyone thought South Africa were certs for this, but a team thrashed by England by 48 runs is now just one match away from becoming Twenty20 world champions. Graeme Smith's men were outplayed in the end - Afridi surely man of the match for his contribution with bat and ball, backed up by fine spin support and those devilish rapid toe-crushers from Umar Gul.

Congratulations to Pakistan! They wanted this win more than SA.

The SA that turned out today was a shade lesser than their usual. In batting they gave too much respect for Afridi and Razzaq.

saffer said:
Obviously ! Unless we chocked how the heck could pakistan beat us ? Compared to us you're hopeless !

apart from every thing SA played very well.It was a very good game.A very good show from both teams.

I request SA team not even try to enter in semis again as you choked big time every time, would be wonderful if you guys let any other team win and let them enter in semis.

nikred said:
Congratz guys. Now Pak team definitely deserves to be in the position it is in now.
Thank you. Let's hope they can keep it up for one more game.

SA. What a bunch of chokers!
(sorry, had to do it just this once. :D)

zahidakh said:
I request SA team not even try to enter in semis again as you choked big time every time, would be wonderful if you guys let any other team win and let them enter in semis.

At least we're always in the semi finals ! And at least people alays expect us to win ! You guys make it seem like it's better to go out in the earlier rounds ?

What part of this is a bad thing ?

Try be good winners guys. The only thing worse than a bad loser is a bad winner.

Last edited:
saffer said:

Fair play to them, they beat us fair and square and we choked as usual. Duminy didn't help with his idiotic singles and dot balls.

Afridi! Gul! Aamir....what stars....what players. Everyone is clicking on the right time. This is what we need!

saffer said:
At least we're always in the semi finals ! And at least people alays expect us to win !

When it comes to T20 cricket we can say "at least we're always in the final"

saffers, take the licks as they cme...you know it was coming!

Would someone graciously post the highlights, pretty please? I missed every single ball, damn my students wanted to learn something today :(

I have to say i was nervous with Amir bowling last over but this kid is special:D

Another semi final, another choke job!

In all honesty, Afridi single handedly won the match for Pakistan today. Brilliant performance from him. Congrats Pakistan!

Amir said:
When it comes to T20 cricket we can say "at least we're always in the final"

saffers, take the licks as they cme...you know it was coming!

No really, I'm little bothered about 20/20. I was quick to congratulate pakistan and little surprised we lost. It's too random a format. One guy has a good day and any team can win. I am just pointing out the obvious. That to call us chockers because you beat us is to insult your own team.

I mean..why does south africa have to choke for pakistan to beat us ? Does your team suck ?

as the great inzi said......the boys did well

as for those who say SA choked, I dont think so....it was a close game all the way and could have gone right down to the wire had there been just ONE more boundary anywhere else in the innings....so if Pakistan had have lost would we have choked??

we were the better team on the night and now we must relish in our win and enjoy sunday.....where we will lift the cup.

good to see graeme smith wishing us luck and wasim has still not stopped saying "i told you pakistan were favourites"

PAKISTAN ZINDABAD

See it from our side. If every tournament pakistan played everyon said "wow that's the best team , they ought to win !"

Would you be insulted ?

South Africans are bemused at the chocker tag. It's the greatest compliment you can give us. The funny thing to us is that you don't seem to realise. No wonder we're so arrogant when everyone else thinks so much of us that they always call us the favourites to win tournaments.

After all...if we're not the favourites....then why the heck would losing in the semi finals e chocking ? Silly.

Last edited:
Jo_Don said:
Fair play to them, they beat us fair and square and we choked as usual. Duminy didn't help with his idiotic singles and dot balls.

historically SA own pakistan. this is unbelievable. pakistan seemed more relaxed in the match and rightly pointed by younis khan otherwise there wasnt much to choose between the sides. goodluck to pak and SA

t_kaay said:

as for those who say SA choked, I dont think so....it was a close game all the way and could have gone right down to the wire had there been just ONE more boundary anywhere else in the innings....so if Pakistan had have lost would we have choked??

we were the better team on the night and now we must relish in our win and enjoy sunday.....where we will lift the cup.

good to see graeme smith wishing us luck and wasim has still not stopped saying "i told you pakistan were favourites"

PAKISTAN ZINDABAD

One sensible person here. Don't hate yourselves so much. On a night like to tonight you could have beaten anyone. We didn't need to choke for you to win.

saffer said:
No really, I'm little bothered about 20/20. I was quick to congratulate pakistan and little surprised we lost. It's too random a format. One guy has a good day and any team can win. I am just pointing out the obvious. That to call us chockers because you beat us is to insult your own team.

I mean..why does south africa have to choke for pakistan to beat us ? Does your team suck ?

choke1 / chōk/ (v)
(in sports) fail to perform at a crucial point of a game or contest owing to a failure of nerve.

;-)

sky sports talking about SA throwing it away :po:

Give pak credit we won

Inswinging Yorker said:
HEY IS south afrika confirmed chokers? :))) :)) :D

yup they are even considering replacing the word with saffers (nothing to do with the pp poster :p)

nikred said:
choke1 / chōk/ (v)
(in sports) fail to perform at a crucial point of a game or contest owing to a failure of nerve.

;-)

I see.

So why is it different when australia and india lost IN THE OPENING ROUNDS ? Those games were pretty crucial to keeping them in the competition. Pakistan/ireland last world cup anyone ? Failure of nerves ? So they chocked ?

The whole thing is stupid.

Teams whose nerves fail in early rounds = non chockers

teams who lose in semi finals(even when to better teams on the day) = chockers

lame.

Last edited:
SA did not choke IMO.

PAk just performed amazing in the last 2 overs.

We actually LEGIT played well. It wasn't just South Africa screwing it over. We bowled beautifully. WE TOOK this game. WE OUTPLAYED the South Africans.

They didn't even choke or whatever. We were just better then them.

Anyway....it's obvious to everyone the absurdity of the word. But I suppose I agree. S.A are much better than pakistan. The fact that a weak team like pakistan beat us must mean we choked. That's what the whole world is saying when they say "They choked". So pakistan celerating the fact that the whole world thinks we're so much better than you that we had to choke to beat you is really self hating.

So keep it coming guys ! Let's all shout it loud and proud !!!

S.A are better than us ! We're lucky they choked or else we could never beat them !! They're a brilliant side and we suck !!!

ha ha ha ha

For your own sakes people...try and get the joke at your expense.

pak4life said:
sky sports talking about SA throwing it away :po:

Give pak credit we won

Yeah we won fair and square Afridi is the man , this is our time we need to win this thing !

Would be unfair to say SA choked they played well but PAKISTAN just outplayed them.

dino26 said:
Yeah we won fair and square Afridi is the man , this is our time we need to win this thing !

No , no !!

Pakistan can't play well ! S.A choked !!

Pakistan could never beat is unless we chocked ! So obviously we choked !!

pakistan suck compared to S.A !

Sky sports are right ! And the whole world feels the same !

(hahahahahaha)

Last edited:
t_kaay said:

PAKISTAN ZINDABAD

You would be right if this was an isolated occasion. Its just that they ahve been doing this wince '92. hence it is confirmed that SA are chokers :comeandge

saffer said:

Australia beat you in the 99 semis due to some great bowling by Warne. 2007 WC - great bowling all around from Aus and geat batting. 2007 T20 WC..same deal, India played well.

Just caused you choked does not mean Pakistan/India or Australia played badly. It means your team dominates a whole tournament but loses when it matters. Just like 96 WC.

saffer said:
No , no !!

(hahahahahaha)

Quite funny reading all the SA fans posts here. Prior to the game all a little arrogant, somewhat calm. Saying oh if we lose, Pakistan deserve it and such. And now to see them whine like saffer and JustAnotherChokingFan (who usually I like to read his posts) is a little funny. No, its very funny.

Lighten up guys. You know the licks were to come the way you were so sure the final was your divine right.

Amir said:
Australia beat you in the 99 semis due to some great bowling by Warne. 2007 WC - great bowling all around from Aus and geat batting. 2007 T20 WC..same deal, India played well.

Just caused you choked does not mean Pakistan/India or Australia played badly. It means your team dominates a whole tournament but loses when it matters. Just like 96 WC.

The way you describe it we were beaten by the other team due to them playing great on the day.

But obviously not today. No , today we just choked. Pakistan didn't play great...it was all South Africa's fault. Pakistan could never beat S.A unless we screwed up. I agree.

saffer said:
Anyway....it's obvious to everyone the absurdity of the word. But I suppose I agree. S.A are much better than pakistan. The fact that a weak team like pakistan beat us must mean we choked. That's what the whole world is saying when they say "They choked". So pakistan celerating the fact that the whole world thinks we're so much better than you that we had to choke to beat you is really self hating.

So keep it coming guys ! Let's all shout it loud and proud !!!

S.A are better than us ! We're lucky they choked or else we could never beat them !! They're a brilliant side and we suck !!!

ha ha ha ha

For your own sakes people...try and get the joke at your expense.

If I say that about Pak now I will get lots of abuses. :p

I know SA played well but lost to a better team and choke is not an appropriate word to use it. But there has to be some term to refer to a team which is always a top team in the preliminary rounds just to lose it (choking or otherwise) in the semi finals with the drop of a hat. Why don't you suggest a term. :)

nikred said:

I know SA played well but lost to a better team and choke is not an appropriate word to use it. But there has to be some term to refer to a team which is always a top team in the preliminary rounds just to lose it (choking or otherwise) in the semi finals with the drop of a hat. Why don't you suggest a term. :)

how about pussies, they don't like the choker term.

saffer said:
No , no !!

(hahahahahaha)
How is that making you feel better I wonder? :))) :))) :)))

the sky team only talked about saffies choking....really made me angry...nothing about how brilliantly pakistan played....they spent 25 minutes talking about duminy and saffie think tank....nothing about afridi turning it square.....

really really pisses me off

nikred said:

No , choke is fine with me. As long as you accept what it means.

"dominant team , better than the rest , who lost in the late stages of a game "

Then that's fine with me. We choked = We're better than you but you beat us in a once off.

Given S.A has "choked" over a long period it shows just how long we've been dominant ! Man I'm proud to be South African !! A team so great that when they lose the media can't believe it and even have to make up words to explain it !

Stop whining, ya bunch of chokers!

Lighten up. You have suffered more hurting defeats before (1999 WC semi). Well done in the tournament, but once again, you should have finished the job when it mattered the most (you were unbeaten in the tournament before this, remember?).

now they talking about tomorrow game even though they'll have about an hour to hype it up before the game starts tomorrow

IMMY69 said:
the sky team only talked about saffies choking....really made me angry...nothing about how brilliantly pakistan played....they spent 25 minutes talking about duminy and saffie think tank....nothing about afridi turning it square.....

really really pisses me off

ha ha ha ha ha

someone has finally got the joke !!

careful what you ask for people ! No one can believe pakistan could beat us on merit. We had to throw it away for you to have beat us. I know this...you know this...that's why you call us chokers. To put it another way the whole world knows S.a are a much better team than pakistan. You could never beat us on merit ! I thought you could but everyone here proved me wrong and convinced me that instead we choked. I see now...and yes I agree. You can't beat us. We just choked.

bwahahahahahahahha

saffer said:
ha ha ha ha ha

someone has finally got the joke !!

careful what you ask for people ! No one can believe pakistan could beat us on merit. We had to throw it away for you to have beat us. I know this...you know this...that's why you call us chokers. To put it another way the whole world knows S.a are a much better team than pakistan. You could never beat us on merit ! I thought you could but everyone here proved me wrong and convinced me that instead we choked. I see now...and yes I agree. You can't beat us. We just choked.

bwahahahahahahahha

leven the bloody cricinfo headline says saffies choked...

i dont think they choked one bit...they pulled it back in the field when paks looked to be getting to 160 plus...i think a lot of credit should go to the pakistan bowlers...

this choking label is a bit stupid as far as i'm concerned..once you are in a semi of a tournament anything can happen...and just think on the day the paks played a blinder...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back