Pakistan V South Africa | 1st ODI | Abu Dhabi | 29/10/10 | Pak Innings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Asad :out

I'd say not bad for a first time opener. Seems promising. We should persist with him in that spot for a while. Get him ready for world cup.

lala shaifq gone.... well players... poor shot to get out on... he ahd no choice as Hafeez is asleep on other end

Asad Shafiq looked terrible. Mistimed shots, edges.. this guy isn't an opener.

oh dear asad is gone for 19 - un mature shot but I'm not happy with the seniors sending the young inexperience man to open.

Definitly Asad should not play as an opener. That ploy failed big time. So many edges in that innings

Kameez still has it. Droning on about something or other about why couldn't they bat like this in the slogfests............next a wicket. Well done Kameez!

Pakistan | 1/26 | 8 Overs | Hafeez 4*(9), Younis 0* (3), Asad 19 (34),

Wicket maiden!

Lol Younis and Hafeez at the crease the SR for this partnership will be interesting...

I think that Kameez has been watching too much Bloomberg.............talking about exercising his option..................

Definitly Asad should not play as an opener. That ploy failed big time. So many edges in that innings

He is not going to be Saeed Anwar the very first time. Needs a few more goes as an opener in international cricket because we can judge if he is made to be an opener or not.

Infact Hafeez has only got 4 runs. Im sure someone on here said that he got 2 prior to that

Junior Rajas! OMG I hope they haven't been listening to dad otherwise they will have learnt nothing about cricket.!

absolute shocking batting

this is a flat track with 35 degrees celsius temperature everything against the bowlers

and this asad and hafeez are playing so cautious, on flat pitch, if these idiots can't play on flat tracks what hope is there

this is a 350 pitch , if we don't get 300 , forget it

who is this guy in the commentary box!! sounds like a pakistani! man that guy has an annoying voice and his facts are just not right

He is not going to be Saeed Anwar the very first time. Needs a few more goes as an opener in international cricket because we can judge if he is made to be an opener or not.
The point is that hes not a natural opener. Fair enough give him a couple of more games as an opener. But If he fails again then that should be it. He is far more accomplished in the middle order

Pakistan | 1/27 | 9 Overs | Hafeez 5*(12), Younis 0* (6), Asad 19 (34)

1 off the over!

million dollar question

With this batting line up
hafeez
yunus
misbah
alam

will pakistan ever pass the run rate over 3 in this series while they are batting?

Lol Younis and Hafeez at the crease the SR for this partnership will be "interesting"...

Interesting in the same way that Steve Davis was interesting..................I'd rather count the sand grains in the desert.................

Hope that PCB doesnt drop him in favour of experienced opener farhat in the next game. I think for Shafiq to play he has to play as an opener or they can send the No. 3 younis khan to open and shafiq can come at no. 3.

The point is that hes not a natural opener. Fair enough give him a couple of more games as an opener. But If he fails again then that should be it. He is far more accomplished in the middle order

Yeah I'd say keep him as an opener during this ODI series. If he doesn't work out, then move him down the order.

pakistan are not going to win.... the first 10 overs of the game set the match.... we ar avergaing 2.8!!! pathetic...

Match lost!

Doesn't catch it but saves a certain 4.

The saffers fielding really is something

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back