Pakistan v Sri Lanka | 1st Test - Day 5 | Karachi | 25/2/09

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not watching but from the comments it seems Gul is bowling well, so we need Gul from one end, and Arafat from the other end. Specially, now that the ball is doing something, Arafat might be able to get something more from it...

sohail is bowling outside the offstump on this wicket he has to bowl in the wickets
Younis khan should give him a 5-4 field

pakistani pride said:
rameez saying sohail bowls a lot of yourkers in domestic, here i have not seen a single yorker !

Same Here Can't wait to see one!!!

Any pressure created by Gul is quickly being released by Sohail Khan - the guy is struggling, maybe its a confidence thing.

We need to give the ball to Yasir Arafat soon

Oxy said:
Its called EFFORT - at least lets praise that on this track?
i did not know no ball is now equal to effort.

Pakistani bowlers put the most effort then

40-2

Younis firing up the team.

Great to see!!!!

Last edited:
yasir arfat did a rgeat job first gud bwoling from him ( our best bowler in the first inning ) then a 50* from him where he hit 2 sixes and then he hits the stumps to get paranavitana run out

Ghoshtbuster said:
Younis in total command

"I miss u Afridi" :)))

A grown man - possibly Pathan, in his 60s.

Sounds about right

IQBAL TAKES A LOVELY CATCH!

Dilshan gone for 8.
Get Sangakkara, Jayawardene/or Samaraweera, then the game is over for SL and Pakistan can seriously win it from there - P. Jayawardene and the rest are not able to cope on the pressure batting with one of them

natalia said:

Dilshan gone for 8.
Get Sangakkara, Jayawardene/or Samaraweera, then the game is over for SL and Pakistan can seriously win it from there - P. Jayawardene and the rest are not able to cope on the pressure batting with one of them

You mean Salman Butt :p

Jayawardene must be tingling with nerves, just give him a few deliveries in the corridor and he's sure to edge it.

natalia said:

Dilshan gone for 8.

Salman Butt actually

Anyhow Mahela Jayawardene walks in - lets hope he is ****ing it

Gul showing his experience, was pretty crap in the first innings - as the lead bowler, but coming back now.

I do think Sohail Khan needs to be given a chance BUT right now i would bring Yasir Arafat on - its just not happening for Sohail Khan, he is not gonna get a wicket

Good line from Sohail but he needs to put some more horse power into it, last delivery just 132 kph

Is Faisal Iqbal sporting a little earing (left ear)

If so, this new image will certainly win him more fans..

Looks like Pakistan are going to give Sri Lanka their own taste of being 75 all out :)

I feel the same as Dominic - this is gonna go right down to the wire.

Still a mighty big ask ... this wicket has nothing in it, but Gul is trying everything. 35 overs to go!

Here's an interesting question ... if Gul gets 7-8 wickets here, who gets man of the match?

I got up early to see YK - but this is most definately worth staying up for - whatever happens from now!

genghis81 said:
Here's an interesting question ... if Gul gets 7-8 wickets here, who gets man of the match?

If Pak win? Gul. If not, YK

shot 4444444444 gul all yorkers we need then bowl a little wide ball so jaya gives it a edge

genghis81 said:

Very interesting question. That means, one would have saved us the game, and the other would have made us win. If not both, we wouldn't be at the result...let's wait and watch :)

Good 2 see younis supporting sohail khan but he just doesnt look like taking wickets, with his action and run up

Oxy said:
If Pak win? Gul. If not, YK
I would prob agree! He's bowling his heart out now, but still a long way to go, if we break this partnership soon we will be making a big step towards doing it!

If only Gul didnt over step than we would really be in with a shout. Inshallah they can really give it a good fight.

hussein said:
mn i have to get to college by 10:30, damn hurry up
Tell your professor that a cricket match held you longer than you had reckoned for.

He will understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back