Pakistan v Sri Lanka | 1st Test - Day 5 | Karachi | 25/2/09

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inswinger

Senior ODI Player
Runs
Still a long time to go but this could very well be a historic day so I'm getting an early start on this.

With a tremendous batting effort the Pakistani captain Younis Khan assured a draw in the first match and rescued Pakistan from an embarrassing first 2 days.

What To Watch For: Younis Khan has become the third Pakistani batsman ever to record a triple century in Test cricket history. Batting on 306* Younis has a chance to become the highest Pakistani run scorer in an innings by passing Hanif Mohammad's 337 (against WI 1958). Looking a bit ahead Younis has a chance to surpass Brian Lara's record 400*. It should be an exciting day to end what has otherwise been a lackluster test match at the NSK.

Watch Younis Khan's pursuit of history free on Pakpassion TV courtesy of TVN Sports.
Disclaimer: PakPassion.net does not host these contents, they are linked from external sites.

Match Starts: 12:00 AM USA Eastern, 5:00 GMT, 10:00 Pak

Quick Links:
Pakpassion TV
Scorecard
Cricinfo Ball By Ball Commentary

Good Luck to :yk !!!

Last edited:
What will the captain do? 401 or declare?
"I want to bat another 40-plus overs tomorrow and if I have a chance to come close to the record it's fine, but the main target is to give some bowling to the bowlers," Younis said after the day's play.

Inswinger said:
What will the captain do? 401 or declare?
Like he said if he is close to 400 he will take the chance otherwise he will declare and give the bowlers some practice. Going from 307 to 400 is a very long way to go

12thMan said:
Like he said if he is close to 400 he will take the chance otherwise declare and give the bowlers some practice. Going from 307 to 400 is a very long way to go
Yeah. He's a very long way from 401 but he's close to 338.

It would be amazing if he can get 401 - Akmal has an important role to play, he needs to protect his wicket and also give plenty of the strike to YK

i believ that he will get out playing a reverse sweep. inshallah he will get the record but i feel a wicket coming from a silly shot. might be kmal or YK im not sure.

12thMan said:
Like he said if he is close to 400 he will take the chance otherwise he will declare and give the bowlers some practice. Going from 307 to 400 is a very long way to go

and he most be tired. batted for 795 minutes (according to interview after stumps) so he will be feeling it. play a few loose shots but inshallah he will finish with the new world record

Younis will finish 399 not out.......and will run out of partners. Kaneria will get run out and leave him stranded.

JammydodgA said:
what time will the match be starting? (UK time pls)

5am - I'll give you a wake up call. Assuming I wake up in time myself!

Oxy said:
5am - I'll give you a wake up call. Assuming I wake up in time myself!

I set the alarm for 6. I will be sleeping at work if I got up at five. Hopefully Khansaab can bat on...

If Kamran and Arafat both are out, I would declare straight away (unless of course he's close to the record). No point giving the SL cheap easy wickets with our tail. Hopefully the bowlers will come out and bowl with a bit less pressure and do well.

Last edited:
genghis81 said:
If Kamran and Akmal both are out, I would declare straight away (unless of course he's close to the record). No point giving the SL cheap easy wickets with our tail. Hopefully the bowlers will come out and bowl with a bit less pressure and do well.
LOL
Im sure they will be out at the same time :)))

Hash said:
Younis will finish 399 not out.......and will run out of partners. Kaneria will get run out and leave him stranded.

I swear if that happens... I will never be the same again.. :(

Geordie Ahmed said:
It would be amazing if he can get 401 - Akmal has an important role to play, he needs to protect his wicket and also give plenty of the strike to YK
If he gets past 400 (Inshaallah), he should go for an all out onslaught and get the highest first class score too.

Take both Lara records in one go.

Momo said:
If he gets past 400 (Inshaallah), he should go for an all out onslaught and get the highest first class score too.

Take both Lara records in one go.

I agree..if he gets to 400, then just go ahead and attack and bat till they can get him out.

Brother just do Dua's for :yk loll Insh Allah he will go past 400 mark Insh Allah

I hope someone like Akmal can hold on to the other end and give him most of the strike, because after Akmal and Arafat, we are at the tail...

1 hour and 41 minutes left. Dua karo bhai kaa :yk Lara kaa record tor daii

Gonna stay up tonight, don't want to have to tell the future generations that i was sleeping when Younis broke Lara's record. I've got class at 8 and Y2Ks 94 runs should be accumulated by 4 or 5 am here.

Inshallah's this sleepless night wont go in vain and he will bring up a 400 with a reverse sweep!

Plasma said:
Gonna stay up tonight, don't want to have to tell the future generations that i was sleeping when Younis broke Lara's record. I've got class at 8 and Y2Ks 94 runs should be accumulated by 4 or 5 am here.

Inshallah's this sleepless night wont go in vain and he will bring up a 400 with a reverse sweep!
Insh Allah he will past 400. Btw are you in university or high school?

Plasma said:

Bro get some sleep. Just watch the first session. Don't deprive yourself of the sleep. Your gonna have an awful few days if you don't get at least 5-6 hours. Other option is to miss the 8 AM class if you can make up the work the next day.

Im in Uni minhasuz, and wont be able to miss class cuz i have an exam coming up and attending the class will be helpful.

I probably will fall asleep watching the game anyways so no worries. Although a keyboard face wont be the best thing to bring to class. :))

Just about half an hour to go!

Plasma said:
Im in Uni minhasuz, and wont be able to miss class cuz i have an exam coming up and attending the class will be helpful.

I probably will fall asleep watching the game anyways so no worries. Although a keyboard face wont be the best thing to bring to class. :))

Just about half an hour to go!
Aren't your exam going to be in April? Offcourse missing a lecture is like a whole chapter in a textbook.
16 minutes to go!

Inswinger said:
It will be on as long as Younis Khan is out there. Special deal for a special day.
Ohh okkay I was just wondering if no then I can go on other sites. Thanks though

minhasuz said:
Aren't your exam going to be in April? Offcourse missing a lecture is like a whole chapter in a textbook.
16 minutes to go!
Midterms are a pain in the ass! :D

Islamabadi said:
people in pakistan are really obsessed with sunglasses...its just not inti
If it was Oak or Ray Bans then it tells you but this seems No Frills brand "No Name" loll

Let's hope there's no rude anticlimax here, Inshaallah.

Akmal is the only one who has outscored Y3K in partnership.

People who are watching cricpk is it pausing after couple of second or is it only me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back