Pakistan v Sri Lanka | 1st Test - Day 5 | Karachi | 25/2/09

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well played Younis Khan. This was a memorable innings indeed!

Top innings from a top player! Congrats Younis take a bow :yk

No need to be down fellas. A great innings by a great batsman!

Take a bow Y2K! Take a bow sir!

great innings..I think he was just too cautious because of the record in sight..he didn't play his natural game like he was doing yesterday.

No worries guys. He will break Lara's record in the second Test Inshaallah.

Cheer up guys. We saw a great player play a great innings. He'll have his shot at Lara again. Inshallah.

Fantastic knock by YK, but he choked a bit I reckon. Show how hard it is to get 400.

Mash Allah well player :yk nazar heii lagagii haii. Good spirit shown by Sri Lankan team specially keeper and Fernando coming after :yk to congrat him. Thanks SL

I'm happy that he atleast didn't go on to like 380 something and got out..now that would have HURT !!

Hmmm...I just got up....Yk just got out?

How many did he make?

TVN is up and running - there should be no complaints!

for some reason i knew that he'll be out in next deliver when Farnando purposely stop shot...but well done and good job...my man inzy's scored is still there...

right .. lets make this interesting and declare soon.

Pak batsmen should get in some good nets with Murli and Mendis!

Oxy said:
Hmmm...I just got up....Yk just got out?

How many did he make?
Yes, he just got out 10 minutes ago he made 313.

YK gone .. no problem .. Kami will get 400 now !

:yk now average 51.81 in test Mash Allah he climbed from 49.14 to 51.81 Mash Allah

well done Akmal:

Attachments

• kamran_akmal_50.JPG
    kamran_akmal_50.JPG
    20.3 KB · Views: 54
Think they should go after the bowling and then give a bowl to to pakistani bowlers. A bit of practice for sohail khan, a few wickets to his name will boost his confidence.

This is Arafat's chance to show that he belongs in the one day team. I want to see him score some quick runs!

Agree ... this tuk tuk is not helping anyone. Either get out or hit out! I would rather see Sohail and Gul bowl than this.

smart captaincy from jaya .. he's not going to let the tail see mendis .. holding the trump card for next match !

I can't beleive these guys are playing someone like Sangakara so carefully. I think this is the first match that he has ever bowled, go after him!

pathetic stuff from these two, especially if they cant even milk the part timers on this pitch and especially in such a situation. try to make it more exciting, rather than meandering draw. Hit out and let the fast bowlers have a go. get some more practice.

ammarz said:
pathetic stuff from these two, especially if they cant even milk the part timers on this pitch and especially in such a situation. try to make it more exciting, rather than meandering draw. Hit out and let the fast bowlers have a go. get some more practice.
Exactly ... if it comes off, you can gain a psychological advantage over them. If not, well no big deal ... its not like we are going to lose the game!

There are still 71 overs remaining in the day. I don't think we want to tire our bowlers. That basically and ODI and a half. They are batting to use up some of the overs and then give about 40/50 to the bowlers to get some practice.

Good thinking.

genghis81 said:
Exactly ... if it comes off, you can gain a psychological advantage over them. If not, well no big deal ... its not like we are going to lose the game!

Atleast someone agrees with me. I really feel that our fast bowlers need a few more miles under their belt before next match. they havent played test cricket in a while. It will be useful for them and they should be fresh after 2 days rest as well.

Plasma said:
There are still 71 overs remaining in the day. I don't think we want to tire our bowlers. That basically and ODI and a half. They are batting to use up some of the overs and then give about 40/50 to the bowlers to get some practice.

Good thinking.

They dont have to bowl all the overs. Usually after tea the two captains can decide when to stop the match. I dont think Pak will get to bowl 50 overs before the match is declared draw.
These two batsmen though need to hit out.

Fair enough if they were being cautious against Murali and Mendis, but this is Sangakarra and Dilshan ... anyways looks like Akmal is looking to up the tempo.

Now that Younis is out ... I would guess that we will play till Akmal gets his century.

Actually Akmal is also the second highest scorer in this inning after Kaptaan Khan!

YK missed out on a golden chance to break records.. Nevertheless.. it was a superb knock...a very memorable one..
He said he had a strain in his back..May be that's y he could not play that well today..
Anyways, Hats off to him for his marvellous batting!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back