Pakistan v Sri Lanka | 1st Test - Day 5 | Karachi | 25/2/09

Status
Not open for further replies.
PAKISTAN has broken another record ... they have passed SL score and this is NOW the highest innings score in Karachi ... well done all!

genghis81 said:
PAKISTAN has broken another record ... they have passed SL score and this is NOW the highest innings score in Karachi ... well done all!
And that too we did it losing less wickets than SL! :yk

Dilemna for YK - how long to play for - with no obvious milestones left to achieve.

Oxy said:
Dilemna for YK - how long to play for - with no obvious milestones left to achieve.
Kami's century seems quite close though, i would give him the opportunity.

Akmal is playing faster, he wantsto get the 100 before lunch as YK may want to declare

5 overs till lunch ... Kami up to 83. Will he get the 100 before lunch?

20/20 mode - Akmal trying to relive some other innings !

Arafat batting way too slow here, I guess all those that thought he could be the next Razzak haven't seen his batting!

Its only us two here, everyone else was here for YK and they're gone now. :))

Random Aussie said:
Imagine all the interest in this game went as soon as YK got out
Only coz these two are playing out maidens like the last one played out by Arafat to a part-timer like Dilshan! :boom:

I think Pak should declare after Lunch, then both the captains should come together and decide to call the game off at tea time..

Nice catch by Jacob Oram;
9.4 NL McCullum to YK Pathan, OUT, Yusuf's goes, Jacob Oram does a repeat of Adam Voges' fantastic catch to get rid off Brendon McCullum in Sydney, it was wide outside off and fullish, Yusuf powered that to long-on, it rocketed towards the boundary but Oram manages to catch it just inside the boundary rope, he was going to go across, so he tossed the ball in the air, came back into the field of play, steadied himself and completed the ctach

Arafat has made 16 off 70 balls, and the majority of those have been part-time bowlers!

genghis81 said:
Arafat has made 16 off 70 balls, and the majority of those have been part-time bowlers!

Hes on a hiding to nothing - does he go all out, score quick & get out - or get an eye in - get some runs, and hope hes retained for the 2nd test.

Tough call for him

genghis81 said:

I have no idea what he is trying to prove? He should be playing positively and score some runs, rather than getting bogged down at this juncture of the game. Nervous jitters perhaps that he might be dropped for the next game if he doesnt perform with the bat?

this is retarded ... just declare and give the bowlers a shot at redemption !

iafzal said:
how slow kamran is playing he does not deserve 100
Kami has a strike rate of 68. what match are you watching?? granted he should up it as well. its arafat who is dragging his tail at the moment.

Ok, loved the bulk order of runs but Karachi should be awarded the "flattest of flat" award. The bowlers look like lambs who are all set to be slaughtered, even the spin duo looked clueless.

Is there a true pitch left anywhere?, perhaps county games

PS What are we waiting for? talk over and shake hands

Last edited:
Oxy said:
Hes on a hiding to nothing - does he go all out, score quick & get out - or get an eye in - get some runs, and hope hes retained for the 2nd test.

Tough call for him
I would think his bowling says enough about whether he deserves a spot in the team. Plus how many balls does he need to get an eye in?

He was by far our best bowler in SL innings, so I would say he's pretty certain to be there for the next test match. Its not going to kill him to try and hit out part-timers like Sangakarra, Dilshan and Warnapura.

Plus if Arafat wants to break into the ODI team, this would be the perfect opportunity.

kashif77 said:
this is retarded ... just declare and give the bowlers a shot at redemption !

NO - make the Lankans field till stumps. Keep them chasing leather all day. :D

OZGOD said:
Are India getting owned?

lets not jump to conclusions. wait after the NZ inning then we can laugh at crapinfo for hyping them up ( NZ cricketers under Awe of Indian Gods)

And thats lunch - 6/662. Only one wicket lost in that session, but it was the heart-breaking one of Younis Khan! These two have put together a 66 run partnership (out of which Arafat has only contributed 17), and in the process have taken Pakistan's innings past SL and set a new record for Karachi. All they have to play for now will be Kamis century for which he needs another 11 runs!

Well im off to sleep, too bad can't see kami century. He should have had it about 20 mins ago.

Hopefully Sohail Khan to get 10 wickets giving only 5 runs and we win the test! :D

Lunch

Pakistan: 662-6

Lead by 18 runs

2 seesions to go.

Plasma said:
Well im off to sleep, too bad can't see kami century. He should have had it about 20 mins ago.

Hopefully Sohail Khan to get 10 wickets giving only 5 runs and we win the test! :D

Why are you going to sleep ? Sohail ki dus wickets nahi dekhe ga yaar ?

Hopefully Kami will get to his sixth test hundred. I really think Pakistan should look to bat out the rest of the day, unless they are bowled out since there is hardly anything in the wicket for bowlers.

Between this may be the first time that Kami scores a hundred at Karachi and I am not there watching it live at the stadium. I was there at NSK when he scored that 100 against Eng in Dec'05. Was also there when he scored that magnificent 100 against India in the first test in Jan'06.

Ok so i just tuned into the match anything else happen except for Khan bhai miss of 400???

Da Best said:
Ok so i just tuned into the match anything else happen except for Khan bhai miss of 400???

hmm day 5, still first innings . besides y2k what else are u seriously expecting from this match?

yasir arfat bats good man He SHIULD BE our all rounder in allf roms of the game

Big Daddy said:
hmm day 5, still first innings . besides y2k what else are u seriously expecting from this match?

RS 200,000 'Fan of the match'

Probably be one of the 2000 Police officers winning again!

7 runs to get his 100 I hpe he'll get that man no cath drops or something this innigs from akmal and if he gets his 100 this'll be a greta match form him

Much needed ton this will be for Kami! Good form with bat & gloves!

Come on Pak, bat till stumps and score 900!

another record broken :D
gighest total against sri lanak :D:D:D PAKISTAN ZINDABAD!!!!

More than 700 runs what a performance by Pakistan all the batsman have clicked :D

Congrats Akmal on getting a hundred, its a shame that YK couldnt score 400 today!

Pakistan must be close to their highest ever total in test cricket.

I remember them scoring 700 against england in 1987 in 1st ever series i saw!

Pakistan should aim for 100 lead and declare and then win by an inns.

Congrats for Kamran Akmal he shoud go for 150+ and Yasir Arafat for the 50.
We should get a lead of 100 runs easly and put Sri Lanka in bat again, get the bowlers some work to do than sitting for almost 2 full days in the dressing room :yk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back