India (445 & 430/4d) defeat England (319 & 122) by 434 runs in third Test to take 2-1 lead in five Test match series

I’ve quite enjoyed Joe Root just batting normally in a Test match for 18 balls and not hopping around playing Dilscoops. Let’s have normal Joe Root from now on please.

England should catch a quick flight to Dubai and get some more beach time. This loss has really demoralized them.

Haven't u see brooks in ipl.and wc.He can't play chahal spin,so he will fare worse than Ybj.As a srh fan, I have enough trauma with that guy's batting against spin.
He'll comfortably do better than what Bairstow has done so far, I'd imagine.

From what I've seen , his issues are mostly in white ball cricket .

I remember him smashing Abrar in Pakistan when other English batters were much more tentative.

I remember him smashing Abrar in Pakistan when other English batters were much more tentative.
nha brook isnt good enough for indian conditions.

i would bring in ollie robinson or matthew potts for anderson. anderson got brutallised today
keep wood
both did good for A tour team

what is a patidar? how this guy got picked for india lol? parchi pick

I am not sure that he can survive in red ball if he can't survive white ball.He always struggles on low slow wickets(even as opener).pak provided good batting wickets to eng bazball on a gold platter.

England's run rate is 2,45. This is good old Test cricket run rate. What happened to the Bazball philosophy?

what is a patidar? how this guy got picked for india lol? parchi pick

Not parchi but every now and then Indian selectors tend to place their bet on someone who has IPL plus form behind them - patidar checked both boxes. Massive Ranji season last year plus IPL success.

I think he's better than what he's shown so far but obviously he's not worthy of Indian test cap.

I am not sure that he can survive in red ball if he can't survive white ball.He always struggles on low slow wickets(even as opener).pak provided good batting wickets to eng bazball on a gold platter.

Not in the 2nd Test. Watch how he played Abrar vis a vis others. He was clearly the best player of spin.

Not parchi but every now and then Indian selectors tend to place their bet on someone who has IPL plus form behind them - patidar checked both boxes. Massive Ranji season last year plus IPL success.

I think he's better than what he's shown so far but obviously he's not worthy of Indian test cap.

He also scored against the Lions' attack .

Root is having a series here similar to what Kohli had in Eng 2014

Will we even need Ashwin to bowl in this innings?

The first time McCullum and company are under fire from the English press.

Total.annihilation..Now that India has come up with a better defensive plan England is found wanting on a road.

Total.annihilation..Now that India has come up with a better defensive plan England is found wanting on a road.
if india wins the next one, just prepare a raging turner for the 5th to troll them and aboslutely humiliate them.
england need this ass whooping.

its still sooooo flat like a pancake. just good bowling and outstanding batting by indians.

if india wins the next one, just prepare a raging turner for the 5th to troll them and aboslutely humiliate them.
Not going to happen as the last test is at Dharmashala.

India always plays well when main players are not playing and we are relying on youngster's. Gabba Test and now here.

Does it imply something?

Will Root be match ka mujrim in this test for playing an absolutely rash shot and starting England's slide in the first innings?

Will Root be match ka mujrim in this test for playing an absolutely rash shot and starting England's slide in the first innings?
Add Stokes too. He too played a rash stroke to get out.

Add Stokes too. He too played a rash stroke to get out.
not rash. its just their style. thats how they play.
root did that in 2023 to great effect. he averaged 60 plus.
it dint work this time because he got found out.

he is still an ATG though.

The best thing India did is remove the washed up players like Iyer, Bharat and with some luck going their way, the ridiculously inconsistent Rahul not being fit 100% was a blessing in disguise for India.

not rash. its just their style. thats how they play.
root did that in 2023 to great effect. he averaged 60 plus.
it dint work this time because he got found out.

he is still an ATG though.

It only worked for few games. Root has lost his form and his purple patch is over. In ODI World Cup last year, he was a flop too. He might have lived his best cricketing years already.

Hopefully with Patidar replaced by any able batsman we will put an end to all England hopes by the next one. Need to hammer them when they are down

The best thing India did is remove the washed up players like Iyer, Bharat and with some luck going their way, the ridiculously inconsistent Rahul not being fit 100% was a blessing in disguise for India.
We all thought Bharat was gone for good last time. Still he came back. And Iyer is not going anywhere, unfortunately

i said that ages back. iyer, bharat and rahul too. remove all 3. india can win easily with them gone.

and shami still injured? bring him back.

Yeah three quality pacers needed for such a long series. We will play two max though.

Axar isn't bad either. Contributes with bat and bowl both.

ax
Yeah three quality pacers needed for such a long series. We will play two max though.

axar looks a rubbish bowler. ok as batsman.

Looks like England are back to pre-MucCullum days. The magic potion is over.

is there any in reserves. where is umesh? or somone younger

"England should take credit for teams batting aggressively in Tests"

"Sending a night watchman shows they are vary of us "

"Let them score whatever . We will be chasing it "

I want Duckett in the post match press conference to see how he is gonna put a positive spin on this annihilation.

The first time McCullum and company are under fire from the English press.

The third time.

First and second times were in consecutive home summers against South Africa and Australia (both Tests at Lord’s) when they had lost. There was a very good response in terms of performance from the England team both times.

Remains to be seen what will happen here.

Worst thing that India could do. England won on the only sharply turning pitch so far.

It’s one thrashing, depends on how they respond.
It would be one of the greatest sporting comebacks if they manage to fightback in this series. Real test for McCullum and Strokes. They did it in the Ashes but in India...not easy.

They should just play normal like cook strauss and co used to

wear opponents out

Last edited by a moderator:
One of the most impressive displays of strategic mind games in cricket was when Rohit Sharma chose not to declare the innings during the drinks break, catching England off guard and compelling them to bowl more.

A remarkable move that stands out in the realm of psychological tactics on the cricket field.

what a player jadeja is. still think sarfraz changed this game. the way he played was outstanding. and jaiswal

It would be one of the greatest sporting comebacks if they manage to fightback in this series. Real test for McCullum and Strokes. They did it in the Ashes but in India...not easy.
They didn't get buried like this in the first 2 Ashes Tests.

Sarfaraz's massive frame right in Jimmy's eyeline to intimidate the grand old man of English cricket.

Back