Pakistan v Sri Lanka | World T20 | Final | Lords | 21/6/09 [Sri Lanka Inns]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shahid A

Local Club Captain
Runs
1 and half hours to go still the one we have all been waiting for!

The toss will be very important and whoever does win it i imagene they will bat first and get runs on the board.

Pakistan (probable) 1 Kamran Akmal (wk), 2 Shahzaid Hasan, 3 Shahid Afridi, 4 Shoaib Malik, 5 Younis Khan (capt), 6 Misbah-ul-Haq, 7 Abdul Razzaq, 8 Fawad Alam, 9 Umar Gul, 10 Saeed Ajmal, 11 Mohammad Aamer.

Sri Lanka (probable) 1 Sanath Jayasuriya, 2 Tillakaratne Dilshan, 3 Kumar Sangakkara (capt/wk), 4 Mahela Jayawardene, 5 Chamara Silva, 6 Jehan Mubarak, 7 Angelo Mathews, 8 Isuru Udana, 9 Lasith Malinga, 10 Muttiah Muralitharan, 11 Ajantha Mendis.

Sri Lanka vPakistan Vs Sri Lanka| World T20 | The Final | Lords | 21/6/09

The day of reckoning is here folks - Both teams want to win for different reasons and both will fight to the end.

Here's to a good contest

Pakistan Zindabada!

Sri Lanka are also not that good chasers.They only won one game chasing and that too against Australia, who with all due respect dont know how to play T20.

So win the toss, bat first? Lose the toss, just forfeit the match.

FAM said:

lol.

I would say win the toss, bat first... lose the toss, hope they bowl first. If they bat first laugh at them and say we wanted to bowl anyways.

FAM said:

If that was the mind set of the team, we would not have even made the super8.

haha nick knight said he got bit of stick by not supporting pakistan team, thanks to those who sent emails :akhtar

afzaal1988 said:
haha nick knight said he got bit of stick by not supporting pakistan team, thanks to those who sent emails :akhtar
:))) it must have been ugly in quality and quantity if he had to say it on air

so sky have dragged out sir botham out again for such an important occassion....

Less then an hour to go and arround 4-5 hours before Younus Khan lifts the cup and lift the Nation of pakistan to new heights. Inshallah today will be become an important Date in pakistans history.

The boxer. surprised to see him on TV supporting Pakistan tbh

Afridi_Fan said:
If that was the mind set of the team, we would not have even made the super8.

I am talking about the mindset of PPers here. Be positive. :afridi

Oh man they should play Jazba-e-Junoon in the stadium today.

Bring back the memories of 92. YK is a die-hard fan of IK and i know not even the end of the world can stop him from winning this one for us :p

PAKISTAN chargeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Srilankaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa chargeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Mo. said:
The boxer. surprised to see him on TV supporting Pakistan tbh

he was honest...his parents from pakistan and his roots are from there so he is supporitng pakistan...what reason would he have for supporting sri lanka?

the pitch is turning a fair bit
I saw the wome's final and it is assisting the bowlers

Turning point in the game already - Sri Lanka win the toss and bat first - This tilts it in SL's favour I reckon coz Pakistan look a little shaky chasing!!

Hmph! it's alright as long as we win what really matters. :)

Very bad news but thats okay. Pakistan has to perform now and bowl really well and should not allow SL top order to get away. Get top 3 wickets and Pakistan will be just fine. SL's middle order is not as good as Pakistan's middle order.

Ian Ward suggesting a bit of seam movement for the bowlers especially with the slope at Lords.

batting first would of been nice but less hope they can restrict sri lanka to below 150 and a good enough batting will hopefully be enough to chase it.

I liked YK's response to losing the toss, very positive.

I think bowling first isn't the worst thing in the world considering the conditions today.

Come on people, if we put all our faith in the toss we don't have that much faith in our team!

GO PAKISTAN!

Even the supersports analysts are heavily tipping sri lanka, saying they are unbeaten...they were struggling to say any good things about us, i think theyre still hurting from the beating we gave to their beloved south africa :D

some pics taken about 30 mins ago

Attachments

• final2.JPG
    final2.JPG
    81.2 KB · Views: 164
its always tough to bat first at lords..blessing in disguise...we will knock the score off.ameen

Bowling first no big deal , we have Gul, Razzak, Aamir and the spin twins but we have to feild like never before.

another one

Attachments

• final3.JPG
    final3.JPG
    94.2 KB · Views: 158
another pic

Attachments

• final5.JPG
    final5.JPG
    77.3 KB · Views: 149
I dont know but I feel something great with the ball from Razz.

it bodes well for pakistan that knight is backing sri lanka

Right now my living room look & feel like Lords ,Friends come dressed in their team kits supporting their team.Funny thing is that my indian friends come dressed in their kits and got creamed by all here.

positive spin..

lords....big worldcup final...what is worse under pressure? batting or bowling??

when batting u know u make one mistake and you're gone...if you are bowling you can bowl a long hop under pressure but you have the next ball to make it up...

Seems like the experts at Sky TV has simply no faith in Pakistan at all. They are only praising SL players and havent showed anything about Pakistani players.

Gutted we lost the toss BUT we can still do it - getting Dilshan out early is the key, he has scored the bulk of their runs and getting him out could restrict them to a relatively small total

C'mon Pak

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back