Pakistan vs Bangladesh | ICC World T20 | Group A | St Lucia | Pakistan Innings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Radiance Of Australis

First Class Captain
Runs
Hello.
This is the commentary thread for tonight's game between defending champions Pakistan and a slightly weaker unit of Bangladesh.

Captain:
Pakistan-Shahid Afridi
Bangladesh-Shakib al Hasan.

Match due to start 17:30 GMT.

Form guide (most recent first)
Pakistan WLLWW
Bangladesh LLLLL

I'm honoured to be the one who has made the first commentary thread for Pakistan as defending champions.:p

Good Luck to both the teams!
Pakistan Zindabad!

The Tigers vs. The Markhors... :))
89511.jpg

I think the Snow Leopard is also Pakistan's national animal, although Markhor is widely known in the media. So to ensure equal competition it should be Tiger v Snow Leopard.

uper Sixer Hello.
This is the commentary thread for tonight's game between defending champions Pakistan and a slightly weaker unit of Bangladesh.

And the commentators will be........ Sheeda, Feeda.....Pappu.....Guddu......Luddan......Shakoor BHAI.......and Allah Ditta :D

My XI for Bangladesh:
Tamim Iqbal
Imrul Kayes
Mohammad Ashraful
Mushfiqur Rahim+
Mahmudullah
Aftab Ahmed
Shakib Al Hasan
Naeem Islam
Mashrafe Mortaza
Abdur Razzak
Syed Rasel

Last edited:
Punisher said:
I think the Snow Leopard is also Pakistan's national animal, although Markhor is widely known in the media. So to ensure equal competition it should be Tiger v Snow Leopard.

I like snow leopards. They er rare and not found in many countries, I think.

Pakistan Snow Leopards, sounds a bit weird though :p

Equinox said:
My XI for Bangladesh:
Tamim Iqbal
Imrul Kayes
Aftab Ahmed
Mushfiqur Rahim+
Mahmudullah
Mohammad Ashraful
Shakib Al Hasan
Naeem Islam
Mashrafe Mortaza
Abdur Razzak
Syed Rasel

Rahim ahead of Ashraful and Shakib in a T20 game?! you sure?!

Copy Pasting :D

Based on results at the World Stage, Pakistan are currently the best T20 side playing, having reached the finals of the 2007 edition and winning the 2009 Cup.
However, the T20 format being what it is, there are no guarantees, though in their match against Bangladesh, Pakistan are certainly favourites.
Pakistan's only area of concern is their batting, which looks weaker than the bowling. Though Umar Gul has been ruled out with an injury and reports indicate that Mohammad Asif will not play, an attack comprising Mohammad Aamer, Mohammad Sami and Saeed Ajmal as frontline bowlers backed up by the all-round skills of Shahid Afridi and Abdul Razzaq is still a tough force.
It will be a mistake to point at the internal chaos caused by the PCB's banning and fining senior players in the Pakistan team as something that will hamper team preparation. Pakistan cricket has functioned amidst chaos from time immemorial, but that hasn't stopped the team from being a consistent threat through decades of international cricket.
Bangladesh for their part, are slowly reaching the stage where, though they aren't favourites against the bigger teams, but aren't looked at as pushovers any more. And in the shortened T20 format, the gap between the haves and the have-nots decreases, which in turn means teams like Bangladesh will fancy their chances of an upset even more.
Pakistan have always been mercurial, but in a tournament of this structure, they can't really afford to be inconsistent, since that will almost certainly ensure that they don't defend their title successfully.
Both teams' players will be hungry, having sat on the sidelines during the IPL, and as Pakistan showed last year, missing out on the IPL wasn't a necessarily bad thing.
Bangladesh showed signs of developing a good core in their recent matches, with Shakib al Hasan leading the way. However, the support players around the core are not yet up to consistent world-class standards, and that is what Pakistan will attempt to exploit, and what Bangladesh must find a way to prevent.
The third team in their group is Australia, who have been on a roll in all limited overs formats for the past year, which will make both Pakistan and Bangladesh extra keen to win this match.

Ahmed Zulfiqar said:
Rahim ahead of Ashraful and Shakib in a T20 game?! you sure?!
We need some firepower towards the end. Rahim is useless at no. 7. He can't hit unless it's in his zone. But he is the best strike rotator in the team and can easily milk the 1s and 2s which others struggle to do. I'd swap Ash and Aftab around though.

and Shakib, your best player in the side, at 7?! that can't be right.

Equinox said:
We need some firepower towards the end. Rahim is useless at no. 7. He can't hit unless it's in his zone. But he is the best strike rotator in the team and can easily milk the 1s and 2s which others struggle to do. I'd swap Ash and Aftab around though.

Rahim should open with tamim :13:

Ahmed Zulfiqar said:
and Shakib, your best player in the side, at 7?! that can't be right.
That was just my XI. Will never happen though. Ash, Aftab and Shakib will be sent out in the Top 5 and after they are gone Rahim and Riyad will trundle along at 6 an over.

Punisher said:
So to ensure equal competition it should be Tiger v Snow Leopard.

HAHAHAH I get that joke! Nice one mate! :)))

P.S., only Mac users/geeks will understand that one :))) Lovely!

cricketpassion said:
Patriotism

Yeah ... T20 f'd up Pak cricket.

Sooner we forget about this garbage and focus on real cricket the better for us.

Right ?

Key for Bangla will be to score around 140 .. if they can do that they will pressure our batting.

Last edited:
kashif77 said:
Yeah ... T20 f'd up Pak cricket.

Sooner we forget about this garbage and focus on real cricket the better for us.

Right ?
Exactly,that T20 win,ruined our team,it made them egotistical and they think that they are invincible.

Ahmed Zulfiqar said:
the US isn't playing.

Scratches head .. you know I really do try to make sense of your posts .. but some times (most of the time?) it just doesn't happen.

pakmania said:
Exactly,that T20 win,ruined our team,it made them egotistical and they think that they are invincible.

I'd rather see us as egotistical World Champions than realistic Runner Ups.

pakmania said:

Exactly.

We need to get our head out of this Bollywood cricket and get back to focus on our major test series coming up in the summer and fall.

kashif77 said:
Scratches head .. you know I really do try to make sense of your posts .. but some times (most of the time?) it just doesn't happen.

don't stress it, jo samajhna chahta hai woh samajh jayega.

Dil Dil Pakistan... in a few hours we will be launching our campaign ICC T20 2010, we are the champs, lets play like champs !! Go BoomBoom !

cricket_fever said:
Cant wait!!!!!

So damn nervous 4 i dunno what!
same here......... i wish they could bat first otherwise they will be struggling in run chase.

cricket_fever said:
Cant wait!!!!!

So damn nervous 4 i dunno what!

ive been feeling like that aswell yaar! i think the memories of the WC2007 still haunt us.. inshallah pakistan will beat the tigers today! opening games for pakistan are always daunting you know. :inzi

SohailQureshi said:
ive been feeling like that aswell yaar! i think the memories of the WC2007 still haunt us.. inshallah pakistan will beat the tigers today! opening games for pakistan are always daunting you know. :inzi
inshallah we will tame the wild bangla tigers into tame ***** cats

Hope Pakistan start strongly today and win

and then fizzle out slowly out of the tourney!!!! :14:

Pakistan to choke big time in the super 8's with their Phaast bowling and boom booms! ;-)

P.S. Dont take it seriously, just some greetings from a neighbouring Indian cricket follower...

Is the pitch we're gonna play on gonna be the same one the indians and afghans are gonna play on?

Either way i hope we bat first!

The match start at like 6PM here in the UK.....i woke up at 10AM and wasnt able to get back to sleep (on a Saturday after a went to bed at like half 1 in the morning), thats how excited/nervous i am!

Wonder if we will play on the same pitch used by afghan v india. Hope we dont bat second if that is the case it will be totally dead by then!

what you can't see in that pic is that Shahid has cracked Shakib's left shoulder blade...he's in excruciating pain...the mere touch of the Qalandar has left Shakib paralyzed with fear.

Last edited:
Momo said:
A Markhor:

asiaMarkhor.jpg

You don't want to be on the wrong side of this guy. Beware Baangla!

My God those horns are beautiful...carve them into a bat at once!

Ahmed Zulfiqar said:
what you can't see that Shahid has cracked Shakib's left shoulder blade...he's in excruciating pain...the mere touch of the Qalandar has left Shakib paralyzed with fear.
You are making amazing progress in very short spans of time, AZ. :14:

Welcome to the club, mate. :afridi

Momo said:
You are making amazing progress in very short spans of time, AZ. :14:

Welcome to the club, mate. :afridi

:D abh muttahid honey ka waqt hai, larney ka nahi!

Inshallah, Shahid will lead us to glory!

Ahmed Zulfiqar said:
:D abh muttahid honey ka waqt hai, larney ka nahi!

Inshallah, Shahid will lead us to glory!
Well said, mate.

Inshaallah.

Tamim aaye ya Shamim, don't make no difference! Bangladesh is gonna be Markhored[/
I] today!!!

Last edited:
Ahmed Zulfiqar said:
Tamim aaye ya Shamim, don't make no difference! Bangladesh is gonna be Markhored[/
I] today!!!

:))):))):))) LMAO! :ibutt :inti

Markhord or not but looks like the ground is huge. I dont think hitting boundaries would be easy. One needs to be careful while hitting sixers. I reckon only 140 would be good defendable score and anything more than 160 would be ideal against Bangalies

Ahmed Zulfiqar said:
I'd rather see us as egotistical World Champions than realistic Runner Ups.
Realistic Runners up and Test winners vs Aus

Or egotistical Champions and 9-0 against Aus ?

kashif77 said:
Exactly.

We need to get our head out of this Bollywood cricket and get back to focus on our major test series coming up in the summer and fall.
We certainly showed our true colours in the following months after the 09 Cup win didnt we ?

Pitch isn't as slow and low as reported if the pitch is going to be same as India - Afghanistan.
There is some seam off the pitch. Shouldn't Asif be playing.

Momo said:
:))

What a patronizing, almost paternal, little pat on the back!
He just wanted to be in the same picture frame as Shakib, the best all-rounder in the World :)

Pre match nerves all round.

Counting down the minutes. Just want the action to start now.

Pakistan players looking very tense ahead of their match against BD.

^^ Yes they are and their uniform is becoming like our hockey team. I hope their game is not going down like hockey team.

Guys dont worry. Just saw at cric info. PAK 11 has Akmal n Hafeez as openers with Asif-Amir and Sami as pace bowlers with ajmal and Afridi and hafeez as spinners so its a good side...geo make their predictions....dont worry mashallah we have a strong side.

Ryankhan said:
Guys dont worry. Just saw at cric info. PAK 11 has Akmal n Hafeez as openers with Asif-Amir and Sami as pace bowlers with ajmal and Afridi and hafeez as spinners so its a good side...geo make their predictions....dont worry mashallah we have a strong side.
That's Cricinfo's predicted XI...

Saj said:
Pakistan players looking very tense ahead of their match against BD.

Agree. It could just nerves or genuine worry about the game. Hope its not the later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back