Pakistan vs England | 18/2/2011 | Warm-up Game | Fatullah | Pakistan Innings

Status
Not open for further replies.
& his role is to take the Required Run Rate to 10.000000000

If an innings of 80 off 101 balls takes the required run rate to 10, then the blame lies somewhere else, either with the bowlers or the other batsmen.

Younis played perfectly, its a team game, you can't always expect him to score big AND score very quickly, the other batsmen are to blame.

Pakistan take the powerplay. At 190 for 8 with eight overs to go and 84 runs needed, it may have come a tad too late

Its a practice game!!! People should remember this.. Also the argument about momentum, well our first game is against Kenya!! There's plenty of time to gain momentum!!!!

Good knock by Yk, misbah still seems in form as does shahzad!

Lots of things to learn now after this defeat. Fans too have got a realistic picture of where the team stands among the better teams in world cricket. This defeat is for those who read too much into the results against NZ, a not full strength RSA team in UAE and the last warm up against Bangladesh

Conclusions-
Pak bowling not up to the hype being created.
Batting still weak especially while chasing.
The experienced batsmen like YK, Misbah playing slower than the rate they should bat at.

Still the team can bounce back, this warm up defeat may well be a blessing in disguise

Last edited:
Yet another match-winning display from Broad. No wonder Pakistan fans hate him so much.

If an innings of 80 off 101 balls takes the required run rate to 10, then the blame lies somewhere else, either with the bowlers or the other batsmen.

Younis played perfectly, its a team game, you can't always expect him to score big AND score very quickly, the other batsmen are to blame.

You need to think of team too he played 15 overs of power play. you cant expect other players to score the required run rate all the time.

The answer is No. Not least because Shoaib Akhtar. Who has now scored 1 off 5 balls.

The run rate is now like a child's hand in a Win Your Weight In Sweets quiz - it's going up very fast.

On the bright side of things, every1 got to bat, youni made good 80 against good bowling side, experimented with batting line up, afridi n razzaq n Gul gets the rest,
We r better than this but every1 needs to chip in bit more than wot they doen so far..Akmal bors..In past we lost our warm ups n won the whole thing so Warm up doesnt really count for success of the team.

Yet another match-winning display from Broad. No wonder Pakistan fans hate him so much.

It's not his bowling that we hate, he's actually pretty good, more often than not against us. But his face is just ....

Just kidding, he's alright. Well done Broad.

so every batsman failed today except Younus Khan. Still it is a good sign since Pak team depends a lot on YK and now he has come back in form.

The 3 biggest batting failure in this match in order:
1. Mohammad Hafeez - could not even score a single run
2. Umar Akmal - slowest player
3. Asad Shafiq - 2nd slowest player

As usual Kamran Akmal failed again. He should not play in the top-order or middle-order.

200 to bana lou

Last edited by a moderator:
Prior takes a one-hander to send Shoaib back to check his hair in the pavilion mirror. 192-9. My money's on England to win this

Hell of a catch by Matt Prior, sticking out his right hand to cling on to a screamer as Shoaib has a slash at Bresnan: 192-9

so every batsman failed today except Younus Khan. Still it is a good sign since Pak team depends a lot on YK and now he has come back in form.

The 3 biggest batting failure in this match in order:
1. Mohammad Hafeez - could not even score a single run
2. Umar Akmal - slowest player
3. Asad Shafiq - 2nd slowest player

As usual Kamran Akmal failed again. He should not play in the top-order or middle-order.

ODI cricket's not about fast paced, bang bang, boom boom cricket!

i dont think you care about our batting really and just winging about how slow we played to get batting practice!

Last edited:
guess shoaib bhai won't get a new profile picture for his facebook page.. he was preparing to pose after he heaved a shot and..

HAHHAHA i know.. but like shoaib can dream can't he?

This is ridiculous, there was no logic in razzaq and Afridi not batting. Stupid blunders by stupid people I don't believe it really I do not.

What exactly did razzaq and afridi shelter from? They are not tired and are fit and they are allowed to bat so wth man? I am raging so much when will our "leaders" learn???

Lots of things to learn now after this defeat. Fans too have got a realistic picture of where the team stands among the better teams in world cricket. This defeat is for those who read too much into the results against NZ, a not full strength RSA team in UAE and the last warm up against Bangladesh

Conclusions-
The experienced batsmen like YK, Misbah playing slower than the rate they should bat at.

Still the team can bounce back, this warm up defeat may well be a blessing in disguise

Yet you're the one drawing 4 conclusions from an unofficial warm up match with 3 big match players (afridi, razzaq, gul) not playing. hmm.

This match's family are gathering round its bedside. Its eyes flicker open as Wahab swats a pull for four. It's fading away.

Conclusions-

Misbah and younis played fine ...

May be u need to look at the score card our two match winners afridi and razzaq didnt even batted ...

Yes our bowling is not upto the hype that is created but still good enuff ...

Pakistan didnt play this warm up seriously ... they played it only for the sake of practice

This is ridiculous, there was no logic in razzaq and Afridi not batting. Stupid blunders by stupid people I don't believe it really I do not.

Now they have excuse that Afridi and Razaaq did not bat thats why they lost. Smart Management Decision, I would say.

Conclusions-

first of all the SA was full in strength and today we were not in full stregnth and i think so our bowling is good enough it was a warm up remember the series against england!!

losing against England in subcontinent shows why we are not one of the favourites for this tournament.

You need to think of team too he played 15 overs of power play. you cant expect other players to score the required run rate all the time.

We all know that Younis is NOT a powerplay batsman. He does not bat like Akmal and Shehzad in that he won't go attacking from the word go. He is batting at number 4 at the moment and you would hope that your top 3 are good enough to bat the first 15 overs between them.

If we lost 3 early wickets like today, I wouldn't want YK to try to make use of the powerplay. I would want him to consolidate, bat through the innings, and hopefully give the lower order hitters a chance to use the batting powerplay and do what weren't able to do in the first 15 overs.

This was pretty much the perfect innings for the World Cup, assuming we had the likes of Akmal, Razzaq and Afridi still to come.

first of all the SA was full in strength and today we were not in full stregnth and i think so our bowling is good enough it was a warm up remember the series against england!!

Nice excuse. thats what team management wanted as well.

Evening shot of Fatullah stadium Dhaka

h6ugeerj:iphone

Would be disappointed if Junaid doesnt add useful runs here :inti

How can you lose to England in the sub-continent? Heck even CANADA ... CA-FREAKING'-DA played better than us. Man every time I get confident for these guys they just bring me down to Earth and reality. I feel totally shattered right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back