Pakistan vs England | 18/2/2011 | Warm-up Game | Fatullah | Pakistan Innings

Status
Not open for further replies.
413lo8

5.5 to Kamran Akmal, lbw 24/2

9.5 to Umar Akmal, bowled 34/3

match fixing ?

why they didnt select Imran Nazir or Mailk for WC?

our bowling depends on Afridi
we need razzaq in both bat and bowl and gull for death overs

i think this shld be enuf!!!

Did you see the economy of our MAIN spinners? Just keep the excuses to yourself man, there was no reason to play this horribly. This is scary stuff so quit living in your dreams I beg you man. If Canada took them to the wire then why not us? WHY!

How can you lose to England in the sub-continent? Heck even CANADA ... CA-FREAKING'-DA played better than us. Man every time I get confident for these guys they just bring me down to Earth and reality. I feel totally shattered right now.

haahahaha man it was a warm up

and we didnt hav gull razzaq and afridi!! and we won the toss and bowl to see how do we do while chasing

Pakistan all out 206. Broad takes 5-25, his second five-for in three days, and England win by 67 runs

Did you see the economy of our MAIN spinners? Just keep the excuses to yourself man, there was no reason to play this horribly. This is scary stuff so quit living in your dreams I beg you man. If Canada took them to the wire then why not us? WHY!

bec they give their all in the warm ups and we dont !!!

i dont hav a prob in u losing hope as Amla is overrated

these are ur opinions and thoughts!!

Last edited:
if u are gonna lose hope looking at the warm ups than let it be

Aus also lost both their warm ups!

Where and When did I say that I lost hope. Still I would hope our team somehow get to the finals and win the trophy. But I am talking about why we are not a top team or favourites.

junaid making his case stronger with the bat

unlike akhtar who can't bowl, field or bat only in the team for his fame and fanbase.

How can you lose to England in the sub-continent? Heck even CANADA ... CA-FREAKING'-DA played better than us. Man every time I get confident for these guys they just bring me down to Earth and reality. I feel totally shattered right now.

relax man....there's always a next time if you play safe ;-)

Settle down beavis...Its not even a real game.

this batting lineup is very weak. we depend heavily on individual brilliance. if afridi or razzaq or shezhad play breathtaking innings we would have desent score on the board or win most of the times. otherwise we would always end up with scores like 250 if we bat first and lose by 30 or 40 if we bat second.

:))) :))) :)))

The level of retardness in this thread..

OVER9000.jpg

Great warm up. :sohail

losing against England in subcontinent shows why we are not one of the favourites for this tournament.

Agreed 100% friend, We have to be in much better shape then this in our back yard.
We can make as many claims of being world champian, need to play like one.
Let us get our heads down & work harder.

because we are not good enough :pissed:

It's actually nice. Whenever you've expected a player/ team to do terrible, they've come up on top.

this batting lineup is very weak. we depend heavily on individual brilliance. if afridi or razzaq or shezhad play breathtaking innings we would have desent score on the board or win most of the times. otherwise we would always end up with scores like 250 if we bat first and lose by 30 or 40 if we bat second.

i hav no problem with 250 i think we can defend it

I believe you are the only one living in your dreams. It's about time you came back to reality and realised that Pakistan is NOT one of the favourites for the World Cup, and they proved it today.

There's nothing wrong with having passion, belief and hope that we will win it, as all sensible fans do, but some of your posts here have been quite frankly ridiculous.

we are missing few players and its just a warm up are some of the excuses. we were averege today and one of the average teams in the world that would depend heavily on individual brilliance.

Could someone explain the logic and intelligence in winning the toss and electing to field in a D/N match?

Originally Posted by Schickelgruber
hav u woken up from ur dream in which Amla is overrated

Funnily enough, I would have been more worried about our chances if we had won this warm up match too. Anyone else feels that way? Why is that?

I cant believe this but I am going to stand up for Chicken Burger.....at least he is honest and seems to be honestly disappointed. He would be the first on the thread if India has lost a warm up match this badly. And so would most of the posters who are being the voices of reason here, claiming it's 'just a warm up,' you know you guys would be there making fun of the 'rockstars'!

i hav no problem with 250 i think we can defend it

250 these days in subcontinent is nothing.. even with wasim,waqar and saqlain we would struggle to defend that score against most of the teams.

We have a best bowling lineup, etc., are just myth. Our bowling attack is nothing great. inconsistant gul, rookie riaz, unreliable shoaib are nothing compared to real great bowling lineup once we had like wasim,waqar, aaquib, saqlain.

POSITIVES FROM TODAYS WARM UP
1) Junaid khan's 3 wickets
2) Junaid didnt bowl even one no ball or wide shows that he is a disciplined bowler
3) Younis gaining some form
4) Misbah and Ahmed showed they are still in the good nick
5) Good comeback for AJMAL

It was a warm up and this loss is a good sign ....
I hate stupid day dreaming comments like these.
Does Ind, SL Eng or SA looses theirs as well?
As i say let us be practical & work hard.
Some here had already called Pakistan 2011 World champians.
Even Canada went very close to Eng in warm ups.

thats it!! what a disaster..i think kenya are gonna batter us now..not watching the world cup now..what a disgrace..!! drop afridi,gul.wahab and misbah right away..where the hell is anwar ali? bring back irshad and najaf..i reckon they could bowl england out with a lemon!!

I cant believe this but I am going to stand up for Chicken Burger.....at least he is honest and seems to be honestly disappointed. He would be the first on the thread if India has lost a warm up match this badly. And so would most of the posters who are being the voices of reason here, claiming it's 'just a warm up,' you know you guys would be there making fun of the 'rockstars'!

You aren't exactly standing up for him by calling him Chicken Burger. :p

what do we do about the middle order.

Asad Shafiq, Younis, Umar Akmal and Kamran Akmal have consistently been failing.

Yes Younis scored 80 today, but his runs have been few and far in between..

Those who think 'it's just a warmup' are wrong. We need to be in good shape. Why experiment?

we are missing few players and its just a warm up are some of the excuses. we were averege today and one of the average teams in the world that would depend heavily on individual brilliance.
I bet you would not had said that for any other major team.

Could someone explain the logic and intelligence in winning the toss and electing to field in a D/N match?

now another excuse, batting second is difficult to bat?

we are not playing in South Africa where ball starts moving under lights. in subcontinent, it will come to the bat better under lights.

drop razaaq, bring in miandad..we need the experience..what a disaster..even zim are gonna batter us by 100 runs!! thats it where my razor so i can slit my wrist?

I hate stupid day dreaming comments like these.
Does Ind, SL Eng or SA looses theirs as well?
As i say let us be practical & work hard.
Some here had already called Pakistan 2011 World champians.
Even Canada went very close to Eng in warm ups.

My point is that it was only a warm up ....

Win or loss doesnt matter in a warm up ... they are just their for the sake of practice

I still have belief in my team i know they are not favourites , they are not hard working but this our team so i support them

I don't know exactly what they were thinking, but if you're looking for a logical explanation, how about this.

We batted 1st against Bangladesh and won, so got good practice defending a total.

Today we wanted practice in chasing a total.

Now that wasn't too hard was it.

POSITIVES FROM TODAYS WARM UP
1) Junaid khan's 3 wickets
2) Junaid didnt bowl even one no ball or wide shows that he is a disciplined bowler
3) Younis gaining some form
4) Misbah and Ahmed showed they are still in the good nick
5) Good comeback for AJMAL

You can write in as much as bigger fonts, fact we lost to some one who came very close to lose to Canada.
Put your feet down to earth.

I bet you would not had said that for any other major team.

why would not I say that for other teams? It was just my opinion about todays game and our team. its not going to change anything. I am just ranting. If you dont like it, please ignore it.

My point is that it was only a warm up ....

Win or loss doesnt matter in a warm up ... they are just their for the sake of practice

I still have belief in my team i know they are not favourites , they are not hard working but this our team so i support them

remove Pakistan and replace them with India, exact same match and same results. Would you still say the same? Honest answer?

Its hilarious to look at the number of people ripping on our team for a loss in a warm up match. If anyone knows cricket and understands the definition of a WARM UP they would realise that we were EXPERIMENTING AND TRYING different combinations for our line up. We got many positives in the warm ups and we achieved exactly what we needed to. LET ME REPEAT FOR ALL THOSE PEOPLE WHO DON'T UNDERSTAND CRICKET.

THIS WILL NOT EFFECT WHATSOEVER OUR PERFORMANCE IN THE WORLD CUP.

Positives gained from 2 matches:

1.Mature innings from both of our experienced loggerhead Younus and Misbah
2.Encouraging innings from Shehzad.
3.Good bowling from Ajmal, Razzaq, Rehman and Junaid Khan. Good opening spell from Shoaib Akhtar and good death bowling from Riaz and handy spells by Hafeez.

Negatives " " aka things to work on

1. Batting and Bowling at the death.
2. Consistency in batsmen. need to have greater team commitment. Can't have only 2 good scores.
3. Concession of runs in opening overs.

Still Optimistic for this WORLD CUP

PAKISTAN ZINDABAD

remove Pakistan and replace them with India, exact same match and same results. Would you still say the same? Honest answer?

Probably not.

India has far better a batting line up than Pakistan. Fact.

I feel real down after this performance........Even though it was a warm up game we only made 206 on a batting friendly wicket...........

Its hilarious to look at the number of people ripping on our team for a loss in a warm up match. If anyone knows cricket and understands the definition of a WARM UP they would realise that we were EXPERIMENTING AND TRYING different combinations for our line up. We got many positives in the warm ups and we achieved exactly what we needed to. LET ME REPEAT FOR ALL THOSE PEOPLE WHO DON'T UNDERSTAND CRICKET.

THIS WILL NOT EFFECT WHATSOEVER OUR PERFORMANCE IN THE WORLD CUP.

Positives gained from 2 matches:

1.Mature innings from both of our experienced loggerhead Younus and Misbah
2.Encouraging innings from Shehzad.
3.Good bowling from Ajmal, Razzaq, Rehman and Junaid Khan. Good opening spell from Shoaib Akhtar and good death bowling from Riaz and handy spells by Hafeez.

Negatives " " aka things to work on

1. Batting and Bowling at the death.
2. Consistency in batsmen. need to have greater team commitment. Can't have only 2 good scores.
3. Concession of runs in opening overs.

Still Optimistic for this WORLD CUP

PAKISTAN ZINDABAD

well said and well written Matini-Pakistan.

totally agree with this post. people done understand the meaning of these matches and take it as a proper official match.

:facepalm:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back