Pakistan vs England | 1st Twenty20 | Cardiff | 05/09/10 | Eng Innings

Status
Not open for further replies.

MAJID-SHAH

T20I Debutant
Runs
Pakistan Posted 126/4 after being put into bat by Paul Collingwood, Umar Akmal finished on 35* whereas the Skipper Finished on 16*, Pakistan found it difficult to score during the middle overs, with Fawad batting at a strike-rate of around 70.

Swann was getting some ridiculous amounts of turn - that`ll encourage Ajmal.

Pak 126/4.

Eng need 127 to win.

Last edited:
Our spinners have to do it. does not help we do not have Hafeez, he would have been useful

Akhtar better not leak runs early up. Seemed like that was the only time to score.

apparently that was the first t20 international where pakistan failed to hit a single SIX!!!

dont worry guys outfield seems slow and is too big plus is spinning I would open with ajmal

They probably 10 to 15 short of their total but if they bowl well good be intresting chase here.

what the hell happened :( I left at 60 something in 11 overs, and came back after prayers to see 99 in 17!!

Without Aamer this total is going to be hard to defend, Akhter may bowl fast but he gives away a hell of alot of runs, Gul is back from injury so he prob won't be in top form, only hope is Ajmal and Afridi and hoping Razzaq gets 2 wickets atleast! Riaz will get hammered all over the place i'm afraid!

Rusty performance today. Batting never got going. Wicket too was slow and the batsmen tried hitting too hard.

The worst thing is, they only lost 4 wickets. Didn't use the wickets well. Should be 7-8 down at the end, with everybody having a go.

Well, we can still win this because of the slow wicket and huge ground, but it will take some good bowling.

England fielded very well.

Last edited:
fawad should only play in tests an ODI. he isnt a T20 player and our selectors are to dumb to see that

First time Pakistan haven't hit a six in a twenty20 International :/

Without Aamer this total is going to be hard to defend, Akhter may bowl fast but he gives away a hell of alot of runs, Gul is back from injury so he prob won't be in top form, only hope is Ajmal and Afridi and hoping Razzaq gets 2 wickets atleast! Riaz will get hammered all over the place i'm afraid!

why is riaz playing he could match fixing :aamir:asif

the advantage england have is that they know how to keep board moving with singles and twos

Fawad better make up for it with his bowling since its a spinning wicket

While fawad was terrible, Afridi really made a poor decision to send him out. If the team had already played out 7 overs, there was no need to send out fawad. You send out your big hitters, u.akmal, Afridi, razzaq. Especially since Hasan was slowing down on one end, you need a big hitter to compensate.

Well everyone wanted Fawad Alam in this team, look what happened, where are they all now? Alam is the best, alam is this, alam is that, if this is what he is capable of then yes keep him well away from the T20 team, keep him for Tests and ODI's!!!

The good news for us is on this pitch we could take 3-4 wickets quickly which could turn the game.

The openers also a new pairing.

instead of fawad we should of had hammad. instead of shahzaib we should of had asad shafiq
dumb selectors

I'm interested to see how the new boy Davies will do, and how much Akhtar has got left.

lol...bumble just called fawad a pinch blocker rather than a pinch hitter

Afridi and Ajmal will be the key...and Gul to clear up the tail

Spinners are the key

Ajmal will be the main man, I just hope Akhtar and Riaz don't get spanked all over the place

Definitely we are 10-20 runs short. But now lets concentrate on our bowling and fielding and lets make a fight out of this.

Akhtar going to have to wind back the clock to give us a chance I think.

I have seen so little of Riaz I just don't know what to expect in 20/20 to be honest.

Stopping the ball going past for four will be crucial. England saved at least 4-5 boundries.

Not sure we have got enough runs on the board - Akhtar is the big worry for me, expect him to go for some runs

Inshallah Ajmal and Afridi can do the damage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back