Pakistan Vs New Zealand | 5th ODI | 03/02/11 | Hamilton | NZ innings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sledger

Hall of Famer
Runs
Post of the Week
Just 269 to win for NZ (lol).

No team batting first has won at this venue since 2001. No team batting first at this venue has won a d/n game.

PP wasn't fully used, very dumb cricket at the end by Pak but credit to NZ for raising their game. Their death bowling was a lot less predictable today on the whole.

NZ have a massive batting line - Franklin, Oram and Styris were being used as frontline bowlers ffs.

Flat wicket, small ground, quick outfield. Pakistan playing 3 140k+ bowlers. Will this be defended?

Should have got a lot more! won't be suprised if we lose this one, but u never know. Akhtar could do damage.:akhtar

NZ have a very long batting line up. We need quick wickets

No. We cant defend this.
Ryder And Guptill will once again rape us.

Terrible stuff at the end..

Ahh, no batsmen other then Shehzad looked threatening. :(

Should have got 300+, since we had Afridi, Razzaq, And Umar still to come when we were 190-3 in 38 overs..

that was really poor batting at the end. not sure what the problem was there.

bit disappointed with the last three overs. Should have got to at least 280.

But it's still a good total to defend, and Ahmed Shehzad played very well.

Well it was horrid stuff from the lower middle order. In fact it was pretty much horrid stuff from every player apart from Shehzad. Players continually threw away starts. The likes of Afridi appeared as if they'd never hit boundaries before. Power play wasn't used whilst Shehzad was at the crease. All in all, it just means this is going to be an easy chase for NZ unless we make early breakthroughs - I'm talking 45-3 after 10 overs.

Asal mein light nahi thee. What do you expect
from our batsmen ?. Andhi na chalatey tou kiya
kartay ?.

We should have sent our blind cricket team to
play this match.

Sheikh 'Strategist' Chilli

need to get Ryder early, otherwise could be trouble.

:wahab n :gul must deserve :133: from :inti
Why not blame Razzaq and Afridi. They are supposedly our saviours for the final assault. Really lost too many cheap wickets towards the end.

I still say if we had taken the powerplay while Shahzad and Misbah were both set, we could have got another 20-30 runs.

we saw in the twenty20 that was played on this ground , shoaib and rest got hammered

Very tough task to defend this total

Should have gotten 40 more

Its 60-40 New Zealand

Com'n guys why are we so negative. 268 is not bad by any means. Cheers let's support our bowlers. They will win it for us

Right well poor end to their innings, lets hope we can take the series today and not take it to a decider!

Time to get couple hours slp before work.

Insha-Allah Pakistan will win

Why not blame Razzaq and Afridi. They are supposedly our saviours for the final assault. Really lost too many cheap wickets towards the end.

I still say if we had taken the powerplay while Shahzad and Misbah were both set, we could have got another 20-30 runs.

they deserved :133: from none other than :ibutt

Last edited:
I felt when shehzad went down we missed a trick, if he just hung around for 2-3 more overs I'm sure taking the pp then would have been great. However, with the small boundaries, good batting track, and extremely deep batting lineup, this game's a coinflip.
Alot will depend if akhtar saab can give us something with the new ball, looking at his form though he could give nz a great start too, we'll see.

There is a sixth match as well!!! ?. Phssst! Now
it all begins to make sense.

We have a long-standing tradition of taking it to
the wire. We couldn't dream of winning this here
and denying the fans (bookies) a lame-duck match
six.

Sheikh 'Fair P(l)ay' Chilli

30 runs too short, but even NZ were 30-40 runs short in the last game but still managed to drag the game on to the last over (would have gone down to the last ball with Misbah had Tanvir not given the anti-climax with his hitting, lol). We CAN win this, but advantage New Zealand.. get Guptill and Ryder early and the game is ours.

Still think that we might have enough runs to win this one.

NZ batting may be packed today, but still don't see enough firepower in them to make the runs. With Shoaib back (hopefully bowling better today), we should be able to make inroads into their fragile lineup.

A Rana Naved type would do well on this sort of track imo.

six.

Sheikh I've been following your comments all game. Great work.

You are spot on the money again, we are all for charity!

30 runs too short, but even NZ were 30-40 runs short in the last game but still managed to drag the game on to the last over (would have gone down to the last ball with Misbah had Tanvir not given the anti-climax with his hitting, lol). We CAN win this, but advantage New Zealand.. get Guptill and Ryder early and the game is ours.

Yaar I still see advantage Pakistan.

268 is not an easy target on any ground in the World. Our bowlers need to keep it tight, NZ batsmen will crumble under pressure.

Pitch is gripping and turning, they won't get past 130 :afridi

six.

some time i wonder too

Today We could n't make runs to 290 above because of Misbah. He wasted 19 balls. But Afridi and U Akmal didn't do like that. Their strike rate is 100. Misbah should not play like this. If he plays like, we can score only like this. I feel this score is enough to defend against NZ. Only 4 times they crossed 250 marks in last 10 ODI.
Insha Allah we can win this match.

I have a feeling Hafeez and Afridi are going to take them down today..

Sheikh "lame" Chilli, you need to stop acting your age mate

Pretty poor from the lower order, you might as well have experimented and sent Umar in after Younis got out tbh. Would've been interesting as Misbah got out before his usual raising of the tempo.

Poor batting by the lower order, the extra pace we have is a double edged sword. Some searing yorkers might help to keep the scoring low and get wickets, or conversely the added pace might send the ball to the boundary.

Big role for Afridi and Hafeez here, need to keep it tight. Would've loved Rehman in this situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back