Pakistan vs Scotland, Warm Up ODI [26/6/06]

loooool

these commies are having luaghs on stupid jokes!

199-8

Comms are mistaken between square leg/fine leg/and midwicket.

:)))

Afridi better make up for it with 25 sixes when he bats. :D

203-8 (50 overs)

We should chase this very easily.

2 drop catches! on last 2 balls!

neway scotland finish 203/8!

We looked rusty today especially in the field.

it wont be easy for pakistan..but even if they struggle,it shudnt be a big deal this being their first practice match!

Guys - Pak team will need to adjust to the weather here esp when it comes to catching ( cold hands etc ) ...

MenInGreen said:
Guys - Pak team will need to adjust to the weather here esp when it comes to catching ( cold hands etc ) ...

They only bloody thing they can catch in Scotland is a cold! And then we will have another injury crisis! Useless idiots.

Only 3 Scotland batsman reached double figures along with extras. Watson with 80, McCullum with 69, and Lockhart with 25.

Extras made 13!

Our fielding was very poor...I wonder what they did to Jonty Rhodes ? Maybe he also grown a beard ?

This is from cricinfo:

A really spirited fightback from Scotland after being on the ropes at 20 for 4 in the eighth over. Watson and McCallum led a good recovery and the only shame was that the tail was unable to press on in the final overs. As for Pakistan, they looked in need of this game to brush off some rustiness. The bowling was generally sound – Razzaq excepted – but their fielding was poor.

Too much being read into one game - lets watch the batting response before crying like women ! ( with apologies to ladies )

cmon guys, fielding will matter against england

as for yet we just came of the plaine and straight away we had a match, ure not really gna be a 100% are u?

Azam6380 said:
This Zulfiqar guy is a complete disgrace! He is such an idiot.

Azam: pls refrain from swearing - just keep this civil pls.

Ah what rubbish fielding, hey guys, can I get a link to an audio or video feed please?

Rana said:
init Azam, wat a stupid commie! :))) :))) :)))

The best is when the commentator says, "So what do you look for in the wicket, cracks etc" and Zulfiqar goes "er, well, erm, well, erm, well, i check to see if its wet and if its not, it must be fine"

ha ha ha

Azam6380 said:
Stop being so uptight....

The people I have to deal with ... ::J

Pls consider this your first warning.

fielding was good gennarally, just the drop catches let us down!

btw, the highlight of the day was the catch that had been taken but thrown away for 6 looooooooooooool

Hey anyone have a video or audio feed so I can hear or watch this? I'd greatly appreciate it.
And how much time left till the match comes back on?

Cricinfo Bulletin

Scotland produced a spirited display as Pakistan launched their tour of the UK in Edinburgh. They slumped to 20 for 4 after testing bursts from Mohammad Asif and Umar Gul, but a stand of 118 between Ryan Watson and Neil McCallum lifted the innings before Shoaib Malik ran through the lower order.

Spurning the chance to enjoy some early-tour batting practice, Inzamam-ul-Haq decided to bowl first and was immediately rewarded when Gul exposed Neil MacRae's lack of footwork in the fourth over. Ian Stanger didn't last long - taken at slip by Inzamam - but the biggest blow came when Gavin Hamilton was run out as the top order crumbled.

Gul claimed his second when Colin Smith was trapped in front and at 20 for 4 the sell-out crowd at the Grange were being threatened with a short match. However, Watson is in fine form of late in club and C&G Trophy cricket and took the attack to the Pakistan bowlers. After weathering the storm from Asif and Gul he tore into a wayward first over from Abdul Razzaq - which cost 16 - and launched Scotland on their way.

When the spinners came on he worked them around with common sense as Inzamam spread the field, but was still confident to go for his shots and launched Danish Kaneria over deep midwicket for six. Watson's fifty came off 49 balls as Pakistan were given more of a run-around than they would have expected.

But Watson couldn't do it by himself. He received outstanding support from McCallum, who was happy to play second fiddle, but also kept the scoreboard ticking. His half-century took 100 balls as the pair added Scotland's highest stand against a full international side.

Watson chipped a catch back to Shahid Afridi and when a useful stand of 55 between McCallum and Douglas Lockhart was ended the innings withered away. Malik helped himself to four wickets at the death, but Pakistan were far from faultless as mis-fields abounded in the closing overs. They should reach the target, but Scotland can be proud of the effort so far.

Eternal if u have sky digital go on channel 0116 for live commentary

saaib118 said:
Scotland produced a spirited display as Pakistan launched their tour of the UK in Edinburgh. They slumped to 20 for 4 after testing bursts from Mohammad Asif and Umar Gul, but a stand of 118 between Ryan Watson and Neil McCallum lifted the innings before Shoaib Malik ran through the lower order.

Spurning the chance to enjoy some early-tour batting practice, Inzamam-ul-Haq decided to bowl first and was immediately rewarded when Gul exposed Neil MacRae's lack of footwork in the fourth over. Ian Stanger didn't last long - taken at slip by Inzamam - but the biggest blow came when Gavin Hamilton was run out as the top order crumbled.

Gul claimed his second when Colin Smith was trapped in front and at 20 for 4 the sell-out crowd at the Grange were being threatened with a short match. However, Watson is in fine form of late in club and C&G Trophy cricket and took the attack to the Pakistan bowlers. After weathering the storm from Asif and Gul he tore into a wayward first over from Abdul Razzaq - which cost 16 - and launched Scotland on their way.

When the spinners came on he worked them around with common sense as Inzamam spread the field, but was still confident to go for his shots and launched Danish Kaneria over deep midwicket for six. Watson's fifty came off 49 balls as Pakistan were given more of a run-around than they would have expected.

But Watson couldn't do it by himself. He received outstanding support from McCallum, who was happy to play second fiddle, but also kept the scoreboard ticking. His half-century took 100 balls as the pair added Scotland's highest stand against a full international side.

Watson chipped a catch back to Shahid Afridi and when a useful stand of 55 between McCallum and Douglas Lockhart was ended the innings withered away. Malik helped himself to four wickets at the death, but Pakistan were far from faultless as mis-fields abounded in the closing overs. They should reach the target, but Scotland can be proud of the effort so far.

Malik only had 3 wickets.

Freedom of speech, where is the freedom of speech!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

ehjaz said:
Freedom of speech, where is the freedom of speech!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

:20:

Batsman coming out now, Butt and Malik opening.

commies know pakistan will win,

butt and malik coming to open

John Blain to open the bowling, Malik to face.

Malik of the mark.

Cricinfo has crashed. Maybe too busy watching what the BBC commies say...

Gotta go now.

When I'm back, I expect the match to be over. (2 hours)

Uzzy said:
Thats our salman butt. Guess he hasnt improved.

ehhhmmm... Wasn't it Malik who was out :20: thin edge to the slips.

Last edited:
Im sure it was butt. Farhat would have been a better choice.

this is like a walk through the park for pakistani batsmen!

Farhat has been performing over the last few months. What i dont understand is why drop Farhat for this match for Butt who has been uselss apart from that 100 against india in Feb.

Uzzy said:
Farhat has been performing over the last few months. What i dont understand is why drop Farhat for this match for Butt who has been uselss apart from that 100 against india in Feb.

Think they just want to give Butt some confidence, i dont think Farhat's slot is in any doubt.

Uzzy said:

Maybe because they want to make Fahat play the game Vs Leics which'll offer better prepration since Farhat will more likely play at Lord's.

Back