Pakistan vs Scotland, Warm Up ODI [26/6/06]

2 FOURS in a row by Malik
the second was good back past the bowler down the ground for FOUR runs.

Azam6380 said:
Think they just want to give Butt some confidence, i dont think Farhat's slot is in any doubt.

I understand that, but if he still plays like this even in meaningless ODIs i honestly believe Butt should not be part of the test squad against England. I would rather have Farhat who makes atleast 60-70 then throws his wicket away rather than Butt who stuggles past 1.

Bloody ell sounds like the farhat fan club's landed -

"60-70 runs, THEN throws his wicket away"??? talk abt optimism

Saqib said:
203/8

80 for Watson
68 for McCallum

Just what I said. Welldone boys(Scots), and how has been Inzi's Captaincy in this match.

Last edited:
KA$H said:

It is better than scoring 1 and throwing away a wicket.

Moreover, there isn't a logical reason to be dropping Farhat given his good record recently.

KA$H said:

Well im not advocating Farhat throwing his wicket away but i would rather take a batsman who can make 60-70 regularly than someone who cant.

sam said:
It is better than scoring 1 and throwing away a wicket.

Moreover, there isn't a logical reason to be dropping Farhat given his good record recently.

he had some injury concerns and that might be a reason

Cricinfo says:

A fair point being made by a colleague that Scotland will probably give Pakistan more of a contest that the current shambles that is the England ODI side.

Good length delivery to Malik he just hit it to mid off just like agaisnt England 2 times before. If he had timed it could have been a boundry orso. Mohammed Yousuf comes in.

Mannnn!!!!

send Afridi in !!

Last edited by a moderator:
Uzzy said:
Well im not advocating Farhat throwing his wicket away but i would rather take a batsman who can make 60-70 regularly than someone who cant.

is that his domestic form that you're quoting?

sam said:
Cricinfo says:

A fair point being made by a colleague that Scotland will probably give Pakistan more of a contest that the current shambles that is the England ODI side.

i was abt to post that :))

shoaib malik cud have got a 150 if we had batted first!!

but wat the hell is this, afridi shud have opened!!!

KA$H said:
is that his domestic form that you're quoting?

If you mean Farhat then no, i'm talking about his intl performances recently.

if you look on statguru there isnt much difference between Butt and farhat's performance in the test or ODI arena - both have decent stats actually

Cricinfo realizes:

We apologise for the problems with score updates. We are attempting to rectify.

KA$H said:
if you look on statguru there isnt much difference between Butt and farhat's performance in the test or ODI arena - both have decent stats actually

Recently, Farhat has been doing better both in tests and ODIs. Overall, they have pretty much the same stats.

pls inzi man send afridi in next!

the only reason im listening to this is because of afridi!

KA$H said:

I'm talking about recent performances.

just got up...

Aey kyaa baat hai, Afridi already of to a flyer, takes the wicket of watson- most expensive wicket ; )

Anybody know the exact score?

The commies mention everything but the score...

this is boring man, without no afridi, im going to have a shower!

well if we're talkin recently it only takes 1 performance to turn things around. i still doint think there's there's a gulf between either Butt or Farhat

farhat defo appears to ride his luck more - but then u make your own luck

Rana said:
this is boring man, without no afridi, im going to have a shower!

Without no Afridi effectively means with Afridi... :)))

KA$H said:
well if we're talkin recently it only takes 1 performance to turn things around. i still doint think there's there's a gulf between either Butt or Farhat

Yeah it takes 1 performance to turn things around but why would you drop a player scoring consistently hoping that another will come up with that 1 performance?

Isn't it better to go on with the one scoring rather than dropping him and hoping for another to start scoring? Does no favoure to either's confidence.

KA$H said:

O well guys forget this, its Pak opening crises it will never be solved.

They should have gone with Farhat and Malik!! i hope they only did this to get Butt in form/or see if he is in form..Farhat is the man to go for with Malik!

Msg for youngsters:

' Cricket is a great game to watch and err to play against Intl opposition.'

Whatever that is supposed to mean... :)))

OUT, caught. Yousuf Khan is out. Wonder who?

yousuff gone and the commentators are mixing inzi with afridi lol

come on yk, go out so afridi can come in to finish the game!

I think YK is already out. Moyo and Inzi batting according to Cricinfo.

The commies don't bother to say anything related to the game. :)))

oh my days, a scotland bowler finished with figuers of 3-22!

Back