Pakistan vs Scotland, Warm Up ODI [26/6/06]

Easa

Senior Test Player
Runs
Post of the Week
Please post all match updates and comments in this thread. Hopefully, Pakistan will maul Scotland to give us some confidence.

:)

Yes Easa my bro.

Hoping for a nice, easy and comfortable victory. Hopefully we bat first and everybody gets some time in the middle. In fact....players should retire once they reach 50.

Easa wat a joka, writes the thread one day before the game!

Hey, give me some credit! 12 hours before the game! :D

If we are posting our updates 12 hours early, then:-

Rain Stopped play....

Match Abandoned - Rain.

Has said:
Is this match on TV in the UK?

thats wat i'm woundering :10: , i hope its on bbc or interactive (Red) :D

last time they showed ireland vs england on bbc interactive

how many pak v scotland threads are there gona be?

Not too long before the start of the match now. :)

This is from Cricinfo.

Good morning and welcome to Cricinfo’s coverage of the one-day international between Scotland and Pakistan from The Grange in Edinburgh. The match starts at 10.45am (09.45GMT) and we will bring you ball-by-ball coverage throughout.

Sadly, there are no TV cameras present as the BBC, who were at one time thought to be interested in coverage, are fully occupied with the World Cup and Wimbledon. The ICC has given full ODI status to matches involving the six Associate countries, but the reality is that TV companies seem to be suffering from cricket overkill and have so far shown little interest in underwriting the costs involved in broadcasting such games.

bbc scotland radio is on right now but no match coverage as to yet!

From Cricinfo: Match scheduled to begin at 01:00 local time (GMT +0100)

Match to start at 9.45 GMT.

Cricinfo:

Good morning and welcome to Cricinfo’s coverage of the one-day international between Scotland and Pakistan from The Grange in Edinburgh. The match starts at 10.45am (09.45GMT) and we will bring you ball-by-ball coverage throughout.

The mini scorecard says the game begins at 1:00 BST while the commentary says it begins at 10:45 BST.

Here's the preview to the game:

Scotland v Pakistan, Edinburgh

Scotland aim to gauge how far they have come

Cricinfo staff

June 27, 2006

Ball-by-ball coverage on Cricinfo from 09.45GMT

Pakistan's tour kicks off in a very low key way at Edinburgh today with a one-day international against Scotland. While south of the border, the football World Cup dominates the news, the fact that England are still in the competition has rather dampened interest to the north. For one day, at least, it's cricket that matters more.

A year ago, the visit of Australia for an ODI promised to be the biggest day in Scottish cricket. A capacity crowd packed the Grange, BBC TV gave the game full coverage ... but then it rained and the match was washed out without a ball being bowled. Today, the weather it set to be better, but with the BBC wrapped up in the World Cup and Wimbledon, there is no TV coverage anywhere and, as such, the game will barely attract passing interest outside the two countries involved.

That won't make it any less of a contest. Pakistan want to hit the ground running as they face England in the opening Test of the four-match series in 16 days' time, while for Scotland this signals the start of their World Cup run-in.

Although Scotland have played Pakistan once before - they lost by 94 runs in the 1999 World Cup - the game is their first since the ICC changed the rules to allow the six leading Associates to play full ODIs against the ten Test-playing countries. In the seven years since the previous meeting, Scotland have won the ICC Trophy, the ICC's Intercontinental Cup, and are serious contenders to be considered the best of the rest. This will be a real examination of how far they have come.

The pitch promises to be full of runs - it produced almost 600 in the C&G Trophy match at the weekend - and while that should favour Pakistan's array of strokemakers, Pakistan team manger Zaheer Abbas admitted that his players were still jetlagged after a long journey from Karachi to Peebles. Scotland's selectors have also recognised that runs will be the key, opting for an extra batsman.

cmon pakistan, bat first and let afridi open so he can make 200!!

Easatheman said:
Match to start at 9.45 GMT.

Cricinfo:

I've seen that too. Cricinfo put the other time in the mini scorecard so I was wondering if it was raining.

It is fixed now.

10:45 BST
9:45 GMT :D

coverage has started and apperently its a beautiful day for cricket!

crap!

scotland are batting first! no tones for our batsmen!!

oh well, a chance for Mo Sami to improve his average as a bowler!

So has the match actually started? What is the line up? And is there live commentary over the radio that is working, or even a text commentary?

hlld on ill write the line up soon,

wats this is hear, pakistan won toss and elected to field!

why????

should hav batted first need enough batting practise in these conditions as possible

"yea we bowl first, i think its good wicket for fast bowlers"

Pakistan team
Abdul Razzaq, Danish Kaneria, Kamran Akmal, Mohammad Asif, Yousuf Youhana, Salman Butt, Shahid Afridi, Shoaib Malik, Umar Gul, Younis Khan

ten players only??

The trueth is, scotish pitches are well hard to bat on,

inzi is taking this game well seriously!

Pakistan have won the toss and will field.

Pakistan team
Abdul Razzaq, Danish Kaneria, Kamran Akmal + , Mohammad Asif, Yousuf Youhana, Salman Butt, Shahid Afridi, Shoaib Malik, Umar Gul, Younis Khan (C)

Scotland team
JAR Blain, GM Hamilton, PJC Hoffmann, DR Lockhart, RT Lyons, NJ MacRae, NFI McCallum, JD Nel, CJO Smith, IM Stanger, RR Watson

Last edited:
Saqib younis khan cant be captian, inzi was at the toss

Salman Butt
Kamran Akmal
Shoaib Malik
Inzamam-ul-Haq
Yousuf Youhana
Younis Khan
Shahid Afridi
Abdul Razzaq
Umar Gul
Mohammad Asif
Danish Kaneria

Pakistan win the toss and we'll field.

the legendary roar by the crowed for the pakistani bowlers!

First ball of the day by Mohammed Asif, batsman half played easly taken by Kamran Akmal behind the stumps.

How are you listening or watching, Saqib?

luminis green outfit for pakistan, i dnt know if its a new shirt

ICC has put this as a official ODI, but no TV broadcaster is going to cover it because of overkill. BBC could have shown it only because of Wimbeldon all the camera's are in use.

And Mohammed Asif bowled a maiden !

Umar Gul to start at the other end.

It's finally working for me.

Gul to share the new ball. Great ball to start of with!

Good delivery outside edge down to the boundry....good start almost a wicket there.

well fielded, we havnt heard much of that for pakistan

BOUNCER by Asif. Wide down the legside.

Back