Pakistan vs South Africa | 2nd Test | Lahore | 9/10/07 | Day 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Senior T20I Player
Runs
salam ... good morning/evening everyone.

ok lets get this tail out quickly...

i think malik should have stuck with the old ball a bit longer ...

rehman was pretty efficient at getting the tail in the first test.

Good morning all ,lets the games begain ,and pakistan to wipe off the tail quick.

Gul hits Nels first and then gets him to pop an easy one with the 2nd short ball.
Nice work!!

nel gone

perfect start

Harris comes in and has an average of 4.00. Waqar says he can definitely bat.

what a cheap act by harris ,pulled away from the stumps as gul was about to realize the ball.

it will be good that if pak take about an hour to get the next 3 wts. Too early may not be so good because of the morning moisture in the pitch

iafzal said:
it will be good that if pak take about an hour to get the next 3 wts. Too early may not be so good because of the morning moisture in the pitch

what u have no faith in our openers :)) :))

this picth seems to have some bounce. Both Asif and Gul are balling bouncer with much ease.

Umar Gul to Harris, 5 wides, phew, very short bouncer, that takes off, well over the head of Harris, continues to climb, and flies over the leaping Akmal

gul trying his best to take the place of shoaib ?

darkmoon459 said:
Havemore faith in gul and kaneria's batting then the openers.

exactly... these two should open and asif comes in 1 down :19: :19:

salam everyone, howz everyone doing

and perfect start for Pakistan!! come on 3 more wickets

iafzal said:
Harris comes in and has an average of 4.00. Waqar says he can definitely bat.

Well he has a first class average of 13, so I doubt he'll be sticking around too long.

come on Pakistan, lets wrap them up in the next 20-30 runs

268/7

Due to duw the ball will zip around but it will only last an hour i hope

gul contempt on bowling bouncer. last one at body line of harris.
pak batsmen may not be too happy with that. *** for tat as it goes

madian over but was waste of 6 deliveries to get harris out,waste bowling bouncers and short of length.

gul is much better with the older reversing ball than with a new one.

malik should have kept the old ball and had gul bowling from one end and rehman the other.

another bouncer by Asif, on average 2 bouncers per oer, I guess pak pacers are just happy to see a pitch with some bounce

iafzal said:
Gul hits Nels first and then gets him to pop an easy one with the 2nd short ball.
Nice work!!

Gul may want to wear extra padding when he goes out to bat....fast bowlers and their memories...

kashif77 said:
gul is much better with the older reversing ball than with a new one.

malik should have kept the old ball and had gul bowling from one end and rehman the other.

Yeah I want Gul to come in later as well, but with only two pacers, who would open with Asif? Kenaria?

MIG said:
Gul may want to wear extra padding when he goes out to bat....fast bowlers and their memories...

They got Asif out in Karachi with a bouncer. The fast bowler union taking revenge.

good now Asif has harris for a complete over, I think we may another wkt.

What with the short bowling, bowl some yorkers and get the freakin tail out

89.4 Umar Gul to Harris, no run, great bouncer, Harris is all over the place as he tries to get out of the way, somehow he manages to get the body out of line

273/7

Plasma said:
harris hiding from a bouncer from gul like a girl!! :)))

Looked like a cross between taking a kung fu stance and hiding behind his bat.

ohhh, Harris ducks into a short ball from Asif and gets hit on the helmet

i dont see harris lasting to long after the hit he looks rattled and need treatement for the cut ear. I am sorry to say but we should be seeing a lot of short balls from SA bowlers too

Its not about hitting the batsman, its about getting wickets. The fast bowlers have lost the plot here.

lmao!! Harris just owned himself by putting his head right to the ball!! didn;t look where the ball was going, stopped right into it.

CricketBuff said:
Its not about hitting the batsman, its about getting wickets. The fast bowlers have lost the plot here.

But hitting batsmen is more fun..... ;) and if we injure Harris, we won't have to deal with his bowling :p

Last edited:
CricketBuff said:
they are taking what they can if no wkts then lets put some bruises

Well, nothings happening. I don't know what Boucher is playing at.. 16 off 40 balls.

i would rather have that ball hit his hand then his helmet...

almost had harris runout but a bad throw from Abdur saves him. harris seems a little tentative after being hit

that should have been an easy run out....how come Zaheer loser Abbas didn't criticize GL for that?

Plasma said:
i would rather have that ball hit his hand then his helmet...
u got ur wish gul just hit him on the hand. not too hard though

harris just takes the eyes of the ball as soon as he sees it pitched 5 meter away from him

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back