Pakistan vs South Africa | Faisalabad | 3rd ODI | 23/10/07 | Pak Innings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beautiful balling 3 runs off a wide

Oxy bhai il let you do the count down ;)

NeVerMind said:
and misbah hit a straight boundary...why do I ever doubt him?

I doubted him too for a second, check out his last six, amazing player.

i guess yousuf himself knows y he was dropped for the T20 cup

Last edited:
Congrats Oxy Bhai and every one else at PP

Pakistan lead 2-1 mashallah :D

My man Afridi is gonna be the man of the match, I predicted that in the beginning.

Caved12 said:
Bishop says that Botha is a very commited player, he gives his 100% all the time, too bad, cause when botha is bowling, batsmen give their 100% as well,lol

LMAO!

Just seen a little montage on ARY to Afridid contribution

Should be MoM winner clearly...

Amazing shot to finish the maych at his own home ground by Misbah. Misbah gives a gift to his city fellows by hitting a six.

Almost a Flawless cricket by Pakistan cricket team. Wonderful win.

i was hoping to see the ceremony...zsports showing these skinny kali tangain walay playing soccer...damn zsports

xbox said:
i was hoping to see the ceremony...zsports showing these skinny kali tangain walay playing soccer...damn zsports
I can upload it later...

Very nice win! So happy!!!
ura1.gif

I really like Afridi but does he have to give a captain like i would like to thank everyone speech every time.

salman24 said:
Yousuf actually rubs quite fast in between the wickets :20:
too bad this series doesn't have ultra slow motion because that is the only way to catch it

Suxy victory in the words of the legendary waqar younis. we're up 2-1 and many people including me thought we would lose by 4-1 margain but the boys have played well. Now its time to finsih the job at MCG.

Great win..congrats to the Pak team for a truely professional performance...was almost expecting Malik to say in his post-match thingy "Come..come have dinner with me" to Jackman!

infamous9383 said:
Suxy victory in the words of the legendary waqar younis. we're up 2-1 and many people including me thought we would lose by 4-1 margain but the boys have played well. Now its time to finsih the job at MCG.

you mean Multan Cricket Ground ? :11: :))

The batting order is all wrong

SORT IT OUT

Yousuf at 3
Malik at 4
Misbah at 5
Younis at 6

Stick with Afridi for opening, he is as good as the next guy. Hameed needs to be persisted with as well.

Mouth Watering XI
Afridi
Hameed
Yousuf
Malik
Misbah
Younis
Akmal
Gul
Asif
Akhtar
Rehman

Wazeeri said:

SORT IT OUT

Yousuf at 3
Malik at 4
Misbah at 5
Younis at 6

Stick with Afridi for opening, he is as good as the next guy. Hameed needs to be persisted with as well.

Mouth Watering XI
Afridi
Hameed
Yousuf
Malik
Misbah
Younis
Akmal
Gul
Asif
Akhtar

Rehman

Bit harsh on Rao and Tanvir dont you think, considering they have provided excellent spells throughout these past 2 games.

Wazeeri said:

SORT IT OUT

Yousuf at 3
Malik at 4
Misbah at 5
Younis at 6

Mouth Watering XI
Afridi
Hameed
Yousuf
Malik
Misbah
Younis
Akmal
Gul
Asif
Akhtar
Rehman

Rao and Tanvir dont deserve to be dropped from the side. Rehman's inclusion should depend on whether the pitch suits his type of bowling or not. Otherwise it should be a toss up between Tanvir and Rao

A truly brilliant outcome, looks like they're proving a few people wrong! :D

It's great to see Afridi and Ifti getting wickets (and runs in afridi's case)!! KEEP IT UP!

Wazeeri said:
You want four seamers in the team???

Yes. And it wont be a one-dimensional attack aswell. Akhtar and Gul with their pace, Asif and Rao with their line-and-length stuff and finally Tanvir with his unusual action and swing. Stick in Rehman only when the pitch is tailor-made for him

Last edited:
Wazeeri said:

SORT IT OUT

Yousuf at 3
Malik at 4
Misbah at 5
Younis at 6

Mouth Watering XI
Afridi
Hameed
Yousuf
Malik
Misbah
Younis
Akmal
Gul
Asif
Akhtar
Rehman

I would want to get Misbah up the order preferabl at number 3 but i don't know if he's batted that up the order. Swith Younis to 6 where spinners usually are into play and he's a good player of spin BUT that would mean we would be losing the option of misbah as a finsisher.

Usman Sahib said:
Akhtar and Gul with their pace, Asif and Rao with their line-and-length stuff and finally Tanvir with his unusual action and swing.

You want 5 seamers now?

Infamous

Yousuf is the best number 3 Pak has produced averages 55
Malik averages 59 at number 4
So why should we have anyone else, Misbah or Younis?
Younis has done pretty well at no.6

I think the order suggested above is the best for Pakistan

Either of Rao or Tanvir in the team yaar

Well I don't see why we would ever need 4 seamers in a limited overs match unless the pitch is really seaming which doesn't happen too often.

Anyone got a short highlight for this match , just came from school realised finished early :(

Wazeeri said:
Well I don't see why we would ever need 4 seamers in a limited overs match unless the pitch is really seaming which doesn't happen too often.

Well I dont see why we would need Rehman unless the pitch is taking serious turn. Specially when we already have a decent spinner in Afridi

Each spinner only gets 10 overs, we need more than 10 overs of decent spin.
You could make a case for Tanvir as he brings in the left arm variation but you will need to get rid of a pacer not a spinner.

Pak will have selection headaches in the future. I'm glad Rao is performing as I said before, he's going to surprise few people in ODI's. He's not a test level bowler - not yet, but he's pretty good at ODI level. I would say he's even better than Asif in limited overs. So he needs to be persisted with. Will be tough to choose the right combination for ODI's when Asif, Akhtar, Gul and Rao are all available. On top of that, Sami is a good ODI bowler too. Ufhh.

Wazeeri said:

SORT IT OUT

Yousuf at 3
Malik at 4
Misbah at 5
Younis at 6

Mouth Watering XI
Afridi
Hameed
Yousuf
Malik
Misbah
Younis
Akmal
Gul
Asif
Akhtar
Rehman

looks mostly good ... but two points:

1. Malik at three, not Moyo. We don't want to lose MoYo cheaply to the newish ball.

2. Kami still a better option to open then Afridi in most circumstances. Afridi in general is very bad against a new moving ball .. he's much better at plundering spinners and part timers down the order.

Last edited:
looks mostly good ... but two points:

1. Malik at three, not Moyo. We don't want to lose MoYo cheaply to the newish ball.

2. Kami still a better option to open then Afridi in most circumstances. Afridi in general is very bad against a new moving ball .. he's much better at plundering spinners and part timers down the order.

Kashif

Moyo can handle himself at no.3 I have posted his stats on a new thread.
I agree about Kami, I would go with him when setting a target and Affers when chasing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back