Pakistan vs Sri Lanka | 2nd ODI | Dubai | 14/11/11 | Pakistan Innings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paradox

ODI Debutant
Runs
This isn't exactly a road of a batting pitch, but it's still a pretty good one.

Sri Lanka have put up 235. We SHOULD chase it down, looking at our batting strength and this pitch, but will we?

Discuss.

235 is not the same as chasing 135, the pressure is on, and i dont think next man can handle it :farhat

I mean, they facing Malinga this time whose got runs to defend... plus spinners.

gonna be a good game.

shud be a good chase,, my moneys still on pak to chase this down ,

:)) 236, don't worry this is nothing.

Just keep thinking that we are leading the series from 2-0 now.

It's going to be a Piece of Cake

Yes, the don is in a great nick, and owes the team runs for his expensive drop. :farhat

RRR 4.72

Farhat dropped Tharanga when he was on 15, ended up making 77 (difference of 62). He better make a 50 here!

Mahela gave them the much needed boost at the end, or we would have been chasing something under 200...

236 at 4.72 per over is what Pakistan need!

Sri Lanka have every chance to win this game!

We are not so good at chasing!

But I would still say that we'll win the match if we have 2 good partnerships!

:yk
:misbah
:hafeez

are the key batsmen!

Wouldn't be a walk in the park, but we should win this.

Here's hoping for a solid opening stand. :farhat :hafeez

I remember the 2009 Pakistan vs Australia series in the UAE going almost the same way as this series has so far - Pakistan winning the first ODI after bundling the opposition out cheaply, then bowling quite well in the second ODI too.. but collapsing to a horrible defeat. *facepalm*

I remember the 2009 Pakistan vs Australia series in the UAE going almost the same way as this series has so far - Pakistan winning the first ODI after bundling the opposition out cheaply, then bowling quite well in the second ODI too.. but collapsing to a horrible defeat. *facepalm*

Yeah but I think we are stronger than before! Well, I hope I'm right!

Is this Ajmal's most expensive spell in an ODI ever? I'm not sure.. but I don't ever recall seeing him go over 60 in the past before

should be relatively straightforward, plenty of batting in the Pakistani lineup.

Hafeez to do well tonight.

I suspect an early wicket (Damad) to fall, and PPs rightly calling for his head.

Hopefully U.Akmal does something magical tonight to prove to everyone he still has the talent to become a Pakistani great.

new ball will be key. I'm expecting some lovely shots from Hafeez and then he will get out on 40

predict his score today ???? i think below 20

Yeah I think Malinga will get him before he makes 20 or maybe when he is in 20s!

But even a useful 20 from him is better than nothing!

Hafeez is the main man I would say. He missed out last time! Need a solid 50 from him up the order!

Farhat must not go into a shell, he usually chases targets well and plays well under pressure. 2010 in England won 2 test matches for us. He is much better aggresively.

Players on the field.

The start of Pakistan's chase is minutes away. A target of 235, which not insurmountable, could prove tricky to chase on this surface.

we got to start positively need to utilise the first 10PP properly.

Rabba Luck Barsa !!!

Attachments

• 350590-pn-image-sport-imran-farhat-khurram-manzoor-pakistan.jpg
    350590-pn-image-sport-imran-farhat-khurram-manzoor-pakistan.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 90
We need these two to stick out there.

seen those been given wide for PAK before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back