Pakistan vs Sri Lanka | 2nd Test | Dubai | 12/01/14 | Day 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Khurram Shehzad Azhar YK Misbah Shan Sarfraz Rehman Ajmal Junaid Talha

3rd test

if we had quality pacers i would had play 4 pacers in Sharjah SL are excellent against spin

Can Pak take a consolation wicket for a moral victory?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No suprises that SL is winning this match easily.

The first innings decifit or almost 220 runs decided the outcome of the match. Pakistan need to come back strongly next match
Always happens this way in tests unfortunately. You get tricked sometimes into believing that you can somehow turn it around, but it usually ends badly even if there is a brief ray of hope.

It's not LOI where you can turn things around in a short space of time. Once you've inflicted such major damage on an opponent difficult to get back. As you said, game was essentially finished when we had a deficit of 200 or so, and the pitch wasn't totally flat in the second innings

Who else thinks we should go into the next Test with 4 pacers, or Abdur Rehman if absolutely necessary?

Even Joe Root is doing better than Ajmal. Got Warner, how ironic, I was waiting for this for a long, long time.

Pak need some new talent. Fortunately its gonna come in the likes of sami aslam and others im sure of it theyre just gonna have to make the most of what you have got (very little) for a few more years.

Pitch is as flat as the SSC.

Doesn't matter. Pitch was same when Pakistan batted in second innings and how many did our top 3 make?

This is embarrasing, really. Had they got 3-4 wicets I would have felt better, even after a loss, but this is hurting:(

Doesn't matter. Pitch was same when Pakistan batted in second innings and how many did our top 3 make?

This is embarrasing, really. Had they got 3-4 wicets I would have felt better, even after a loss, but this is hurting:(

Well we do have the worst batting line up of all major teams.

As for the bowling, I stopped a watching an hour ago, hurts to see how impotent the bowling is, although the pitch is batting friendly as can possibly be.

Mohammad Hafeez to Karunaratne, FOUR, he's hoodwinked the bowler here, exploiting the flight and turning it into a full toss. And the clip through wide mid-on seemed almost academic. That brings up their century partnership

I think Cricinfo is pulling a fast one on the professor :hafeez

Such a brilliant line and length and swing from Rahat now just when the match is abt to end :(
Where was this swing and line and length from him before ? :(

If you have players like Hafeez in your team who don't deserve to be there. Then our team deserves to lose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back