Pakistan vs Zimbabwe | 1st ODI | Karachi | 21/01/2008

Mapleleafs said:
Inzibhai has a point. Jamshed, looks like he has no patience. He's playing at anything, and I just get the feeling he's going to the 100. He can play some shots really well, thankfully he has a lot of time to learn.
It's his first game, and he probably decided that he would play with an aggressive frame of mind and back his instincts. He has plenty of time to learn and get better. At least what he was doing was far from the mindless slogging that we see from the likes of Nazir.

:)) Zim doing the right thing..finishing all their powerplays when moyo is at the crease

yeah, so I'm back home and I completely missed Jamshed's innings

(just owned a history exam btw)

so whats new? what did I miss?

Yousuf is just so elegant to watch; he just pushed that through covers for 4.

Sexy shot.

CricketBuff said:
Some people really hate it when a new Pak player does well !!!

people have their own favourites and they want others to fail and only their favourites to succeed. It's the 'pakpassion way'. It was pretty obvious that Nasir Jamshed's good debut innings was getting on that guy's nerves.

Easa said:
yeah, so I'm back home and I completely missed Jamshed's innings

(just owned a history exam btw)

so whats new? what did I miss?
Congrats on owning the exam! I'd always say it went okay even if i knew i owned it. Whole jinxing affair that i try to avoid!

Muddaser said:
Especially an Indian.

LoL..dude... I'm nvr a fan of swinging the bat hard at anything and everything..esp from a proper batsman...regardless of which country they play for/or play against... Let JM play a proper innings in the future..u'll certainly see a lot of ppl including me appreciate that..

Sheikh said:
Congrats on owning the exam! I'd always say it went okay even if i knew i owned it. Whole jinxing affair that i try to avoid!
I don't believe in jinxes :p

But thanks, I'm sure I did well iA.

Megadeth said:
LoL..dude... I'm nvr a fan of swinging the bat hard at anything and everything..esp from a proper batsman...regardless of which country they play for/or play against... Let JM play a proper innings in the future..u'll certainly see a lot of ppl including me appreciate that..

You could have expressed it better.

Batsmen Runs B 4s 6s SR
Younis Khan (rhb) 31 37 3 0 83.78
Mohammad Yousuf (rhb) 11 19 2 0 57.89

well, i thought Yousuf is playing very slow,
i guess i was wrong, his strike rate is going up...

well, going to sleep... its 2:05am here in chicago...
will check the results in the morning...
i am going to miss Boom Boom's batting.... :(
good night every one....

shahzad_1 said:
well, going to sleep... its 2:05am here in chicago...
will check the results in the morning...
i am going to miss Boom Boom's batting.... :(
good night every one....

hopefully he wont get to bat

Where is DM? If he's not around, I'm gonna have to make the Afridi thread for today :D

I half expect Afridi to be dismissed for <10 and another thread in pp on "Afridi shud be banished from Pak sqaud"

Hash said:
hopefully he wont get to bat
We actually don't need him for the entire series. I'd rather Fawad get 5 games in his place and the same is true for Sarfraz and Akmal.

Sheikh said:
We actually don't need him for the entire series. I'd rather Fawad get 5 games in his place and the same is true for Sarfraz and Akmal.

Completely agree.

poor captaincy from malik .. he should have brought afridi in now.

Malik plays his trademark shot

down the track and 6!

Malik again you provide ammunition for your haters. Pakistan are in a comfortable position and to force the pace you bring yourself ahead of Afridi and Misbah.

Can anyone else see Selfish Malik written on his shirt or is it just me?

Luton Bad Boy said:
Malik again you provide ammunition for your haters. Pakistan are in a comfortable position and to force the pace you bring yourself ahead of Afridi and Misbah.

Can anyone else see Selfish Malik written on his shirt or is it just me?

malik does need to get some batting in as well ... but that would have been done more sensibly by having him come in at 3.

I think we're going to get about 370 here if we really put the foot on the gas for the last 10 overs.

Which means 14 overs, 130 runs. Anyone wanna have a bet?

ah, yousuf gone

entertaining know though, 72 off 74 balls.. he's done his job :19:

AStickDude said:
Around 384, made in 1996, when Afridi made 100 off 37 balls.
could have been well over 450 but noone else performed apart form saeed and afridi

Am exciting to see Rao and Tanvir and Samiullah bowling in tandem.

Also, I think Rao Iftikhar leading the attack will be interesting - how will he operate?

11 overs to go, I say score at 10 an over, get 110 more runs, we get 360.

Good total.

If Afridi gets going, then well, we can get 400!

Challo I'm heading to the ground now...hopefully to see Niazi pick up a 10-for!

Four singles and a four in the last over. They should have slogged out much more.

Pakistan 347/5

Bobaran said:
Why haven't there been any boundaries in the last 5 overs????

zim had everyone at the rope .. and the bowlers bowling a lot of slower balls .. boundaries were tough to come by.

Good solid batting performance all round. Apart from Butt everyone got a start and got some time in middle and got some meaningful runs. Hopefully the bowlers can now bowl with some discapline in 2nd half of the game.

samiullah on to bowl..

and denied a plumb LBW first ball!!

Zimbo 26/0

I expect them to struggle against afridi/Malik combo in this match

Pakistan only have 5 frontline bowlers in line up plus butt/Y khan as back up!

Back