Pakistani cricket risks plummeting into obscurity

Wasim_Waqar

First Class Captain
Runs
Post of the Week
Things are at a low ebb. We've done nothing in tests since England in the UAE. Our batting is an absolute shambles. India have been invited with SL for a triseries by WI rather than wi v pak tests.

We are 10 years behind in odi batting, we are lagging behind India, SA and England in all forms.

Nobody is touring Pak and our youth can't play side games v touring opposition.

We recycle useless players whilst India move with the times having won a World Cup. They come here for 5 tests next summer.

Pakistani cricket risks becoming WI of the early 2000s if not careful. The support will start to dwindle too.

You need to induct promising youngsters asap . When i read about Afridi & YK being recalled, i was like huge huge facepalm .

So are the rest of this forum in denial about the crisis in Pak cricket?

Pakistan will stay behind in obscurity and lag, while we are still using Victorian training methods.

Which top team still uses someone to throw a bloody ball at the batsmen, while others use bowling machines.

Our training methods are outdated and need to be changed.

Last edited:
If WI have chosen to play a ODI tri-series rather than test matches that's an economic decision rather than a cricketing one. They will make more money from it and that's just the way it is for most countries. West Indians are like Pakistanis, they won't support the longer format game so it gets sidelined for tamasha cricket.

There's not much that can be done about lack of home series either until the WOT is done and dusted. Pakistanis need to support their domestic game more, the international itinerary is out of their hands. Learn to be self-sufficient.

you must understand the external situation too.

We have been thouroghly isolated by our enemies using this indefinite boycott, we are bankrupt hence you can forget bowling machines, we are fighting a multi stage war on both borders , yet still manage to produce some excellent cricketers.

I believe we have the most resiliant team and nation on the planet. A few months ago this team handed out a pretty heavey defeat to our neighbours. Now you can call it denial but I call it hope.

All we need to do in the short term is select some young players, stick with them and see how it goes. We must hope that the govt can somehow improve the security situation and get our enemies to wind down their proxy,cruel and very cynical war against us.

remember the day is darkest before the dawn. I will always remain hopeful! despair will lead us to a dark place.

We have been thouroghly isolated by our enemies using this indefinite boycott, we are bankrupt hence you can forget bowling machines, we are fighting a multi stage war on both borders , yet still manage to produce some excellent cricketers.

I believe we have the most resiliant team and nation on the planet. A few months ago this team handed out a pretty heavey defeat to our neighbours. Now you can call it denial but I call it hope.

All we need to do in the short term is select some young players, stick with them and see how it goes. We must hope that the govt can somehow improve the security situation and get our enemies to wind down their proxy,cruel and very cynical war against us.

remember the day is darkest before the dawn. I will always remain hopeful! despair will lead us to a dark place.

Can you elaborate on the bold part ?

Can you elaborate on the bold part ?

I could but whats the point? its just a reality and we should simply move ahead with our own plans, e.g. strengthen domestic cricket, increase links with WI,NZ,ZIM,SA. get our relationship with england back, etc.

Don't think it's that bad. Things change very quickly in cricket.

Someone has to go out in the first round, can't all get through.

I could but whats the point? its just a reality and we should simply move ahead with our own plans, e.g. strengthen domestic cricket, increase links with WI,NZ,ZIM,SA. get our relationship with england back, etc.

I see . Another conspiracy theory :facepalm:

2-1 ODI win. Really heavy defeat.

That is one of the problem too. Few batsmen from that series will play for eternity now.

No. No. No.

As an Indian, I have always seen Pakistan crciket team as a hope story. You cannot imagine any country performing the way this lot has with its situations whether administratively, politically, economically, ethically and in terms of infrastructure. It is the PakPassion that drives this team in spite of all the odds. It is pure talent that drives them through.

However, I have to say that there is a problem here. I think the lineage of batting has collapsed rather timidly. And there is lack of talent. The ones talented are not delivering or not selected.

My feeling. Select a core of 10 batsmen at different stages of readiness and nurture them through Intl cricket. You cannot get Batsmen. You make them. It ll be painful exercise. It might mean losses and great deal of patience from fans. But its only remedy.

We have Loads of talent but those loads of talent dont have loads of Sifarish - parachi - source :p

Face it!! our Pakistan team is in decline. Don't be surprised if a team like Bangladesh and maybe Ireland eclipses us. They have better successful young players than us and teams are the youngest whereas Pakistan is old and useless now.

No. No. No.

As an Indian, I have always seen Pakistan crciket team as a hope story. You cannot imagine any country performing the way this lot has with its situations whether administratively, politically, economically, ethically and in terms of infrastructure. It is the PakPassion that drives this team in spite of all the odds. It is pure talent that drives them through.

However, I have to say that there is a problem here. I think the lineage of batting has collapsed rather timidly. And there is lack of talent. The ones talented are not delivering or not selected.

My feeling. Select a core of 10 batsmen at different stages of readiness and nurture them through Intl cricket. You cannot get Batsmen. You make them. It ll be painful exercise. It might mean losses and great deal of patience from fans. But its only remedy.

There will always be plenty of talent, even if it is unpolished sometimes, that's not the problem. The issues are lack of infrastructure at the domestic level. First class cricket doesn't seem to be supported by the fans in Pakistan so there is nothing to fall back on when international cricket is cut off. At least that is my impression from the outside, if that's wrong maybe a home based member can correct me.

Face it!! our Pakistan team is in decline. Don't be surprised if a team like Bangladesh and maybe Ireland eclipses us. They have better successful young players than us and teams are the youngest whereas Pakistan is old and useless now.

Yea right its high time to give youngsters chance otherwsie bangladesh will defeat us on regular basis and our arch rivals will have a cake walk against us :( Selectors sucks

I see . Another conspiracy theory :facepalm:

well a long time ago people who used to claim the NSA was spying on our communications were laughed off as conspiracy theorists. Well who's laughing now?
There is no theory, just the conspiracy part.

well old Boyd rankin didnt look like much the other day!

2-1 ODI win. Really heavy defeat.

That is one of the problem too. Few batsmen from that series will play for eternity now.

2-0 before the final dead rubber is a heavy defeat in a 3 match series inmho, 3-0 would have a been a thrashing. So yeah heavy defeat.

2-0 before the final dead rubber is a heavy defeat in a 3 match series inmho, 3-0 would have a been a thrashing. So yeah heavy defeat.

But did not.

2-1 (in a 3 match series one team will win 2-1 unless match abandoned).

So, No, you won one ODI match more. If that is your definition of trashing then I will say keep up this expectation. :)

Last edited:
I think people are over exaggerating the death of Pakistani cricket. To be honest, it's faced worse problems than going out of the Champions Trophy (with the same points as Australia) over the last 10 years.

But did not.

So, No, you won one ODI match more. If that is your definition of trashing then I will say keep up this expectation. :)
That India series was one major reason for Pakistani team's pathetic performance and Pakistani fans' huge disappointment after the CT. After that 2-1 win and those fancy pictures from Abbottabad, everyone assumed that Pakistani bowlers were going to run through the best batting line ups and their batsmen would thrash the best bowling attacks to score 350 in every innings. CT was the reality check for Pakistan cricket.

That India series was one major reason for Pakistani team's pathetic performance and Pakistani fans' huge disappointment after the CT. After that 2-1 win and those fancy pictures from Abbottabad, everyone assumed that Pakistani bowlers were going to run through the best batting line ups and their batsmen would thrash the best bowling attacks to score 350 in every innings. CT was the reality check for Pakistan cricket.
India series win was a good win for Pakistan team. I think they performed better than expected.

But the problem is some fans do not know the difference between "a win" and "a trashing". They over hype it ask if they won a world cup.

It is just matter of time. Pakistan has 20Crore (?) population. and No other sport is near cricket, so cricket is safe for another 10 years or so.

Yes I agree it was a great win. I dont want to take anything away from them. But you have to see what that series done to both teams. How the team is currently doing after 6 months. That series helped india to remove a few of their batsmen who were in horrible form. Now they are the no 1 number ranked team and won CT comfortably beating all the opponents they played whereas Pakistan kept some of their players in the eleven just because they scored runs in that series and lost all the games in the tournament. Now Pakistan team is in horrible situation. As far as Head to Head between India and Pakistan since the begining of that series is concerned, its 2-2. but overall India won more and achieved bigger things than Pakistan in that last 6 months.

Last edited:
Nobody is sayin it is dying but SA, England and India are going places whilst we lag behind others. It really needs someone to take the bull by the horns.

When cricketers are concentrating on things other than cricket and parchis get dropped to accomodate more parchis , this is what happens .

India give new players a chance and they won the world cup and won the champions trophy,
they are going up in all formats. Where as Pakistan they keep recycling tried and tested
failures, if Malik, Farhat, Kammy get kicked out they bring back Younis and Afridi who have
performed so badly in the last 2 years! Also Younis is not an odi player, he should just
stick to test cricket.

But did not.

29-5,
165 All Out
167 All Out

The batting powerhouse.

29-5,
165 All Out
167 All Out

The batting powerhouse.

batting power house showed in champions trophy why they are batting powerhouse. we all saw your main phaast bowler going for 100+ average.

29-5,
165 All Out
167 All Out

The batting powerhouse.

So you are saying that a team cannot have a bad series?
And is it the habit of clinging on dearly to an achievement that you cannot see how the Indian team has generally performed in India?

batting power house showed in champions trophy why they are batting powerhouse. we all saw your main phaast bowler going for 100+ average.

Way to change the subject from being thrashed in all three games AT HOME, to your champions trophy win.

And see that's how pathetic your batting was you got thrashed by a bowler who averaged 100

Last edited:
So you are saying that a team cannot have a bad series?
And is it the habit of clinging on dearly to an achievement that you cannot see how the Indian team has generally performed in India?

Where did I say a team cannot have a bad series? Don't assume stuff :)

If 29-5, 165/167 all out from A BATTING POWERHOUSE AT THEIR HOME isn't a thrashing then what is?

That's all I am saying. :)

Way to change the subject from being thrashed in all three games AT HOME, to your champions trophy win.

And see that's how pathetic your batting was you got thrashed by a bowler who averaged 100

first of all those are bowler friendly conditions. otherwise crap pathetic bowling lineup (as you guys always say about Indian bowling) would not have defended 160 runs.

Batting powerhouse does not have to be scoring 300+ runs all the time. the reason why they are called batting power house is they scored more 300+ runs than anyone else in recent years. even in the recent CT they are the only one went past 325 mark.

as far as batsmen failing in that series is concerned, yes some of our batsmen either out of form or does not seem to be interested anymore.. BCCI rightly discarded those players.

Overall India did not perform well but certainly not thrashed or defeated heavily. 3 match series, its happen most of the times that team winning the first game win the second one too. if it was a 5 match series, then if a team loses first 3, then you can call that a heavy defeat. if lose the first 4 then call that a thrashing.

Overreaction IMO. The terrible match fixing scandal couldn't destroy Pakistan cricket. No way is losing a tournament going to finish it. Admittedly, the performance was terrible and TTFs were selected(and will be make no mistake about it). But, Pakistan team is dangerous when nobody expects squat from it. Of course, that doesn't mean the think tank and fans should be secure in knowing that the team shall fight back. They have to take positive and bold steps to do that. Above all, they should be patient. One series failure doesn't mean the youngster is crap. Some develop slower than the others.

Leatherface, there was something wrong which I had not seen before. In major tournaments in England, Pakistan showed up because of quality and seemingly out of loyalty to their fan base. This time a number looked poor and lacked any sort of spark.

We will still win games if cricket and do the unexpected but it's clear that we are falling behind the three giants of the modern game: India, England and SA.

I think people are over exaggerating the death of Pakistani cricket. To be honest, it's faced worse problems than going out of the Champions Trophy (with the same points as Australia) over the last 10 years.

Pakistan was the only team in the champions trophy not to get any points.

There will always be plenty of talent, even if it is unpolished sometimes, that's not the problem. The issues are lack of infrastructure at the domestic level. First class cricket doesn't seem to be supported by the fans in Pakistan so there is nothing to fall back on when international cricket is cut off. At least that is my impression from the outside, if that's wrong maybe a home based member can correct me.

Imo, there are definitely talent issues on batting front. But still whatever is there has also not been utilized well enough. There is also huge temperament issue.

If 29-5, 165/167 all out from A BATTING POWERHOUSE AT THEIR HOME isn't a thrashing then what is?

That's all I am saying. :)
Nobody can stop you from gloating about that series. However:

1. You may have to keep bragging about it for years, coz I don't see Pak team winning anything in the near
future.
2. This attitude is the reason behind Pakistan's decline

It is quite amusing the way you stop at the selective score of 29-5, and not Mention that India still managed to reach 227 against the pak bowling machine. That the bowling unit was able to get just one more wicket when they had 40+ overs.

Why choose the selective score and harp upon it as well to ask questions about the batting powerhouse? After the 5 wickets went down, the lineup proved just that with that sort of a recovery.

Nobody denies pak won the series fair and square. If the mainstay of batting line up failed badly, ofc the result was to be in pak's favor.

There was a question mark after the statement, turning it into a question. Seems like you went clean past it in your urge to use the line you assumed was befitting.

Last edited:
Can we stick to the topic without focussing on the India ODI series?

If we keep recycling the tried and tested failures the interest of the fans will finally diminish. Pakistan cricket needs drastic improvements to catch up with the top cricketing nations , the batting at the moment is probably the worst among the test playing nations and fielding is even worse. The lack of cricket stars ( afridi is an expired star) is further dqmaging the level of the interest in cricket in pakistan.

Pakistan been in decline since the turn of the century. Only the two series wins against England in tests mask the fact they've been poor overall at test level since 2000.

It could just be something that sorts itself out but the way things are going Pakistan is heading the way of the West Indies. Just being a top side at 20/20 cricket. The only difference is you continue to produce class bowlers but none of that matters if you have batsmen that struggle to average 30.

Something needs to be done about how you guys coach your batsmen.

yeah right wasim_waqar but I think only if we manage to impove our batting, it will make a hell of a difference.

29-5,
165 All Out
167 All Out

The batting powerhouse.
Doesn't prove anything.

In Asia cup your worlds phaaast bowling couldn't defend 330+ score. Does that mean they are trash bowlers ?

Second, the series was 2-1 and that is a scoreline which will happen in every 3 match series.

Now, you can dissect that 2-1 win as much as you want to forget win less Champions trophy. The batting powerhouse took it :p

Last edited:
Overreaction

Pakistan only needs 3 changes to get the team back on track

malik, farhat, kami out

Sohail, Shazad, u akmal in

Jamshed
Ahmed
amin
u akmal
misbah
sohail
hafeez/ lala
gul
ajmal
junaid
irfan

tbh I havent seen any quality players coming out of Pak for few years now ( specifically batsmen ) , if you leave out the players caught in fixing . There is somthing wrong with the domestic structure & coaching which needs to be fixed first . They all seem mentally so weak , dont understand why ?

Over-reaction. Especially over a minor tournament like the Champions Trophy (this is not a sour grapes mentality). These same players did very well in India and South Africa and maybe it is down to them not being to adjust to the English conditions as well as the other teams could.

We just have to get rid of a couple of failures who are now sticking out like sore thumbs and the team will be back on track. As long as people are crazy about cricket, this sport will not go into a decline especially if the PCB starts being a little competent.

We'll find more about the state of our cricket by the end of this year. We'd have faced the Windies, Zimbos, Lankans and Saffers by then and InshAllah we'll beat all of them and unearth some young gems, preferably batsmen.

Wrist slitter thread. Yes the Champions Trophy was a shocker BUT we have been consistently in the Semi Finals in the 3 previous ICC events. Won an Asia cup which yes is minor BUT is a tournament that consists of 40% of the Cricket playing nations. Bet India at home in an ODI series, something that is being undervalued in this thread.

We have gun players like Ajmal, a box office bowler in Irfan and decent youngsters on the bench (umar,nasir ahmed Shezad etc). Plummeting into obscurity we are most definitley not.

I've said it before I'll say it again... world cricket is in trouble, there's far too many passenger teams atm..

If we keep recycling the tried and tested failures the interest of the fans will finally diminish.

Tried and Tested failures will keep coming back since they have already made enough money to keep paying for their inclusion.

All the hacks dropped after the CT fiasco will at most be out of the team for 1 or 2 series.

Wrist slitter thread. Yes the Champions Trophy was a shocker BUT we have been consistently in the Semi Finals in the 3 previous ICC events. Won an Asia cup which yes is minor BUT is a tournament that consists of 40% of the Cricket playing nations. Bet India at home in an ODI series, something that is being undervalued in this thread.

We have gun players like Ajmal, a box office bowler in Irfan and decent youngsters on the bench (umar,nasir ahmed Shezad etc). Plummeting into obscurity we are most definitley not.

I never said that we will plummet into obscurity but we run the risk of not being taken seriously ie being a heavyweight as we should. I'm the last person that wrist slits. Yes we reached the semis but we only won one of those tournaments over the last few years.

Our bowling has been nothin short of brilliant over the last few years and carried out batting- then we picked useless players like Hafeez, Malik, Farhat and Kamran. We did well in SA? We lost the series! Winning 2 matches on the back of our bowlers doesn't change the fact that we lost.

In India, World Cup winning players were jettisoned in favour of youthful, enthusiastic players. I'm making Misbah, Jamshed and the specialist bowlers exempt here- but the rest are not really international standard (apart from maybe Umar Amin who I think showed some fight).

Having watched cricket for 21 years since I was 7, I have not seen such a bunch of poor batsmen recycled in ODIs for years on end. The gap between us and India, SA and England is growing at a rate of knots.

It all depends on your aims for Pakistan cricket: i believe we should be continuing to challenging for the top 3 in tests and being up there in challenging for the World Cup. The selectors and a lot of players lack ambition. They se to be content to be in the team without having aspirations and the drive to be the best.

This will only change by improving grassroots cricket and by making the selection policy clear and transparent rather than the mess we see now within the PCB.

I wish I was PCB chairman: within 2-3 years, I would have us challenging for the top 3 in tests and challenging for honours in the World Cup!

Last edited:
Over-reaction. Especially over a minor tournament like the Champions Trophy (this is not a sour grapes mentality). These same players did very well in India and South Africa and maybe it is down to them not being to adjust to the English conditions as well as the other teams could.

We just have to get rid of a couple of failures who are now sticking out like sore thumbs and the team will be back on track. As long as people are crazy about cricket, this sport will not go into a decline especially if the PCB starts being a little competent.

We'll find more about the state of our cricket by the end of this year. We'd have faced the Windies, Zimbos, Lankans and Saffers by then and InshAllah we'll beat all of them and unearth some young gems, preferably batsmen.

My response above is also to you. Very much a head in the sand mentality. CT is normally minor but this time all the teams desperately wanted to win it as it was due to be the final one. Our incompetent batsmen were so bad that it was not funny and was terribly sad.

Beating WI, Zim and SL won't really help. Beating SA would- but seems unlikely. We've never won a ODI series v them.

The PCB is a major obstacle. India are playing SA and Aus in a 2nd xi/youth series. India are professional and Pakistan are mostly certainly not: we are light years behind in ODI batting compared to most countries.

Last edited:
Doesn't prove anything.

In Asia cup your worlds phaaast bowling couldn't defend 330+ score. Does that mean they are trash bowlers ?

Second, the series was 2-1 and that is a scoreline which will happen in every 3 match series.

Now, you can dissect that 2-1 win as much as you want to forget win less Champions trophy. The batting powerhouse took it :p

funny thing is he put 29-5 to make it look worse.. team recovered from the position to score 225 which was a decent score for that wicket and last one was again a difficult pitch, hence we defended that score successfully.

Still think we are a better test side compared to India...

Our test batting is decent

tbh I havent seen any quality players coming out of Pak for few years now ( specifically batsmen ) , if you leave out the players caught in fixing . There is somthing wrong with the domestic structure & coaching which needs to be fixed first . They all seem mentally so weak , dont understand why ?

We haven't produced good batsman, but in last 4-5 years we have produced decent bowlers

Ajmal
Junaid
Irfan

even Asad Ali looks decent

Nothing needs to be fixed, we just need to stop selecting TTF

can you explain me which batsmen were successful in India and SA?

India's batting would ensure a win or draw, so I doubt really doubt that.

Think it would be very tight.

Pakistan are better as a test side than in 50 over games. They lack the range of shots to win big odis given the new rules.

29-5,
165 All Out
167 All Out

The batting powerhouse.

I would happily take this thrashing as it (along with a few other tours) has led to sweeping changes in the team. Depending on how your selectors read the results, you may be stranded with a mediocre India thrashing team for a long time to come.

Still think we are a better test side compared to India...

Our test batting is decent

Denial mode. But this illusion will also be eroded I guess. I accept India's batting is not the powerhouse it used to be. They have had two horrendous series by any standards. But the replacements are quality and will deliver in time.

It is not all doom and gloom!!

Although Champions Trophy was a huge setback, we did recently beat India 2-1 in India, that is a significant achievement in light of India's status as the No.1 ODI team..

We just need a settled ODI lineup where no player is thinking about his place in the team and can play with the freedom that Pakistan cricket is known for.

Barring possible Junaid Khan and Mohammad Irfan, no other current player possess that true "Pakistani aggression" seen in the heyday of Imran Khan, Wasim Akram, Javed Miandad even Inzi..

The batsmen need to stamp their authority over the opposition and it well known that playing with the "fear for their position" is clouding the current ODI lineup judgement and thinking...

Last edited:
Oh please come on! It was a great achievement but we've regressed. India have moved forward.

Junaid Khan is good. Wahab Riaz has the fire too. We need proper batsmen: scrap most of the current ones.

Need a few changes in the playing XI, some new young players etc and that hunger and passion that was missing in the Champions Trophy will be back.

Fact is, some of the squad players were not good enough - it's hard to show fight when you don't have the skills or talent, or are out of form.

As for us falling behind India, yes, of course we are. They are the biggest attraction for any cricket board due to the money they bring. We can't compete with that aspect for now, what we need to do is just concentrate on producing a decent team that delivers results regularly. Everything else will slowly fall in to place from there.

Exactly. I don't think Shoaib, Kamran or Farhat are good enough to play county cricket nevermind international cricket. Hafeez is borderline.

There was a time when Pakistan and India were neck and neck

India first won the 50 over world cup in 1983 and then we won it in 1992.

Then India won the first T20 world cup and then we won it straight after

But in the last few years India have switched gear by winning back to back world tournaments and have left us behind.

People can say all they want about IPL i.e. its boring, ruining cricket, but it has really helped Indian cricket

It is not all doom and gloom!!

Although Champions Trophy was a huge setback, we did recently beat India 2-1 in India, that is a significant achievement in light of India's status as the No.1 ODI team..

We just need a settled ODI lineup where no player is thinking about his place in the team and can play with the freedom that Pakistan cricket is known for.

Barring possible Junaid Khan and Mohammad Irfan, no other current player possess that true "Pakistani aggression" seen in the heyday of Imran Khan, Wasim Akram, Javed Miandad even Inzi..

The batsmen need to stamp their authority over the opposition and it well known that playing with the "fear for their position" is clouding the current ODI lineup judgement and thinking...

The main problem isn't that the talent pool has dried up, it's that we have a management and selection structure which seems determined to prevent new blood coming through in order to keep the old guard in place. There's nothing wrong that some bold and adventurous selectors couldn't put right. Iqbal Qasim and Misbah are strangling Pakistan cricket between them.

India's batting would ensure a win or draw, so I doubt really doubt that.

In tests

YK is class batsman and Misbah is very decent

Shafiq and Azhar average 40+, though not spectacular but our test batting is decent and combine that with a bowling attack i think we are better than india in test format

Denial mode. But this illusion will also be eroded I guess. I accept India's batting is not the powerhouse it used to be. They have had two horrendous series by any standards. But the replacements are quality and will deliver in time.

I did'nt say Pakistan's test batting is better than India...

but our test batting is decent...

YK ave:50+
Asad,Misbah,Azhar: ave 40+

That is decent enuff record and add our bowling to that batting mix, we are a better test team compared to India...

What has India done recently in tests??

their only acheivement of late is 4-0 victory against depleted Aussie side, I am certain on current form even Bangladesh would beat them in their home-conditions

3-1 defeat against England in their home series, we beat England 3-0...

and overseas even Indian team sucks, not long ago they were white-washed in Australia and England...

Pakistan most of times fail to pass 350 even in subcontinent.

Still they beat England 3-0 in UAE

and win a test last time they toured England....

India were beaten 3-1 at home and 4-0 away

Pakistan won 3-0 at home and lost 3-1 away...

Still they beat England 3-0 in UAE

and win a test last time they toured England....

India were beaten 3-1 at home and 4-0 away

Pakistan won 3-0 at home and lost 3-1 away...

What happened with other teams like sa sl nz wi? Why is ind above pak in test ranking?

What happened with other teams like sa sl nz wi? Why is ind above pak in test ranking?

As i mentioned above India is just ahead of Pak. cuz it beat Aus 4-0 at home and Pak. lost 3-0 to S.A. we will see how Indian team copes S.A. , you dont have dravid and Laxman, if they win atleast 1 test in S.A. i will accept they are better than Pakistan

before the S.A. series Pak. was above india in rankings..

In our last 2 home series we beat SL 1-0 and Eng 3-0

Lost to Lanka 1-0 away

Give Pakistan a 4-test home series against this Aussie team i assure you Ajmal and Rehman will crush them...

If Pakistan win the next World T20, it will be back to "Pakistani talent is second to none and the future is bright". Nothing has really changed - it's as if Pakistan lose three ODI matches in the Champions Trophy and the world has fallen in. The batting needs some injection of youth, that about it.

As for India "moving with the times", they are the only side in World Cricket that prioritise ODI cricket, that's why they did so well in the Champions Trophy, and it's why it's likely they will do so well in the next World Cup.

You can look for a million reasons, talk about shifts in power, money etc, but at the end of the day, based on my observations, there is a lot of quality available to the Pakistani selectors should they decide to embrace it.

Last edited:
You see if someone like Australia wins T20 then it is an achievement!Pakistan winning the shortest tournament proves nothing as our players can only last that long!Here a 10 off 5 is golden!

There is some quality available to us no doubt. But the ignorance of the selectors combined with the poor mentality and technique of our batsmen means that we do run the risk of drifting into obscurity.

20-20 is not real cricket unlike 50 overs and esp test cricket.

There is some quality available to us no doubt. But the ignorance of the selectors combined with the poor mentality and technique of our batsmen means that we do run the risk of drifting into obscurity.

20-20 is not real cricket unlike 50 overs and esp test cricket.

Ignorance of the selectors is the main reason. We have a lot of talent, we juat dont want ti use them. Selectors believe in recycling the old garbage and expecting something new. Just dont understand the mentality.

Back