PakPassion Football Manager Competition - Discussion / Q & A Thread

I think for games in a week would be fine, so shorten the deadlines by a half day or so :)

Is that possible?

the point is that i don't have problem with simulating matches earlier, but there are 24 teams which means 24 managers and it will be unfair for those who are unable to name a team quickly..

No I know that. I think the deadline is fine.

I was just thinking if there was any way to have more matches at once?

Maybe name back up XIs/formations? That could get really confusing though?

It's just that a season is pretty long, and at this rate it could take 3-4 months for one season to be over, and once the table starts becoming clearer, people will just get bored and be waiting for the next transfer window. I know I'd get pretty bored if I started losing virtually every game for 5-6 games.

I like the idea of this league a lot so I'd hate for it to die.

People were concerned that PPCL would take tat amount of time, which it did, but it turned out well.

People were concerned that PPCL would take tat amount of time, which it did, but it turned out well.

Not really. Look how many people left/resigned, some even midway through the season.

Activity definitely died down a bit.

Not to mention, this has absolutely NO banter to keep people interested, it's just naming a team every other day.

Also, PPFMC is a lot longer, and much less people are involved.

How many people left exactly? I wouldn't consider everyone who signed up as being there from the beginning so as to speak, nor was I expecting all 100+ to be active from the start, I was expecting half from that to be there at match #1. Around 15-20 people left? We all know why most of them left :)) I'm happy they left, we got rid of the garbage and we're left with the good stuff. Standard, I wasn't expecting everyone to stick around who was there from Match #1.

You say 'not really', with regards to it turning out well. It's doing much better than I expected, I only expected around 20 active members at the end of the season, there's around 40+.

How many people left exactly? I wouldn't consider everyone who signed up as being there from the beginning so as to speak, nor was I expecting all 100+ to be active from the start, I was expecting half from that to be there at match #1. Around 15-20 people left? We all know why most of them left :)) I'm happy they left, we got rid of the garbage and we're left with the good stuff. Standard, I wasn't expecting everyone to stick around who was there from Match #1.

You say 'not really', with regards to it turning out well. It's doing much better than I expected, I only expected around 20 active members at the end of the season, there's around 40+.

No I definitely think PPCL has been great and I'm surprised too that people stuck around.

But you're missing the point - PPFMC is nothing like PPCL either.

Think about it - there are no teams, just managers. A lot of people stick around because of the banter, even when they're losing, because that is fun. There's barely any activity on the forum except a couple of hours before and after games.

Also here, we can't afford to even lose 3-4 people, because it's a management league and come transfer window time if they're not around, it would get really annoying.

PPFMC is much less involved, so it has to be at a faster pace (if possible of course)

Last edited:
I think the timings are pretty good for now, you have 2 days which is a decent amount of time

As for banter I expect that to kick off as the league settles more, still early days

btw. iZeeshan, i think we should also start thinking about next season's strategies, everyone has started its only us and :vf who are mainly left behind + SOP's obviously (because they don't have a captain!)

I think the timings are pretty good for now, you have 2 days which is a decent amount of time

As for banter I expect that to kick off as the league settles more, still early days

No I completely agree, the deadlines are fine.

It's the pace of the league and how there's only one game every two days which concerns me.

I disagree about the banter though - I don't think there will be much.

It's the pace of the league and how there's only one game every two days which concerns me.

I don't support the idea of having 2 matches at one time, but there should be a way how to make the pace of the league quicker!

Can you give us ideas on how to increase the pace of this league..

No :))

I brought it up to see if anyone else had any ideas.

The only idea I had was having 3 games simmed at one time, but it can't work because there's an update to the squad every game (cuz of injuries/travel/form/bookings)

The only way to speed it up is to have 1 game per day BUT we still get managers that don't name their team in time with 2 days so we will just see a lot of strikes against people, plus it still doesn't really quicken it up that much

Maybe set like 5 match day threads in advance(to pre-select teams) with matches happening one day after another.

And for players missing due to injury or suspension, let assistant make the call.

After those 5 matches completed, post the next 5 match day threads.

So we can have for example 7 matches in 7 days!

Maybe set like 5 match day threads in advance(to pre-select teams) with matches happening one day after another.

And for players missing due to injury or suspension, let assistant make the call.

After those 5 matches completed, post the next 5 match day threads.

So we can have for example 7 matches in 7 days!

Yeah I'm okay with that but not sure a lot of people would be because they'd want to change their formation/pick who gets to play.

But I'm okay with sacrificing control for a faster gameplay.

7 matches might be too much. If we adopted that idea, I would say, a thread for the next THREE games (Every two days like it is now) and people get to submit their first XI choice and maybe name a replacement for each player.

This we we get 3 results every 2 days, instead of 1.

I actually like the way its going currently and happy with the break between games. Plus I don't like giving my assistant all the tough calls to make in terms of injuries. Depending on the injury I may even want to change my formation, so I don't like the idea of posting 3 match days at one time.

Try and get a bit more banter going before and after matches.

i think this is the only part where you guys can control it. Banter is on you managers not me. Do some bantering in the match threads so it gets interesting..

The banter will never be like the cricket version, there you have 11+ players per team and a thread for each team, it will undoubtedly be more banterous (not sure that is a real word)

Does my assistant choose the playmaker, poacher etc and the set pieces? Or he just reviews my choices?

ibad can we only pick from the 2 formations we choose before the season started or can i pick any that are in the formations thread

ibad can we only pick from the 2 formations we choose before the season started or can i pick any that are in the formations thread

You can pick any from the match formation thread BUT you won't be able to change the player tools or team mentality, that is set as default

What is going to happen with Los Galacticos now? I think someone that wanted to join the league BUT was too late should be given the choice to take over them

Also when is the next time we will be able to change the squad numbers? Want to make Stegen number 1 since he is doing quite well

A lot of people asking for their assistants to pick their side, I think it is a cop out and should not be allowed

Ibad/King Rizzy I think a rule should be implemented where you can't ask for your assistant to pick the team unless you are going to be absent and you have given prior notice

50k, but because of the teams being new, the allowed capacity is 10K

It depends on injury proneness. If you look at your player's attributes, there is an attribute for Injury Proneness. The higher it is, the more likely a player will get injured. The lower it is, the less likely.

If I choose any other formation than custom, what happens to the player roles/tactics etc.? Are they turned to default?

new to this, which players are available for selection for Match day 7 for the Galacticos?

Thanks.

its match day 8 tomorrow. You need to study all the threads from head to start to understand what is needed to be done. Also you can see your team in the team threads.

its match day 8 tomorrow. You need to study all the threads from head to start to understand what is needed to be done. Also you can see your team in the team threads.

I think that's over the top. I think you just need to take a look at the last couple of match threads just to get an idea.

Check your team out in the Teams Thread, and also to see who's available to play in Match Day 8, go to the first post in the Match Day 8 thread and you'll see if any of your players are banned or injured. Then you can post your starting line up (with a formation) and 7 subs.

Ibad, will there be any free-agent players at the mid-season transfers?

How many more matches (all competitions) will there be before the mid season transfer window

Any thoughts on how many moves we`ll get?

8 last transfer window.

I would like to know aswell... also Ibad can you move the transfer window to the 9/10th match because I will be a bit busy and won't have much time to strategise during the transfer window.

Any thoughts on how many moves we`ll get?

8 last transfer window.

yes 8 transfer moves. But it might change.

I would like to know aswell... also Ibad can you move the transfer window to the 9/10th match because I will be a bit busy and won't have much time to strategise during the transfer window.

I can't make it between 9 to 10 but i will check it again..

do we get alerted when injured players return?

do players' fitness levels get updated in the team thread after every game?

thanks.

in each match thread the injury list is shown, and it is the updated injury list for each match.

ibad can we have the transfer window in the next day or two ar i will be busy afterwards

sorry mate, the transfer window will be after matchday 4 which means it will be by the end of this week or next week.

If you are busy then you can appoint any one else to do your job..

Can we change our player roles/tactics/team instructions etc. in the mid-season transfer window?

yes you can change your custom formation in mid season transfer window time.

sorry mate, the transfer window will be after matchday 4 which means it will be by the end of this week or next week.

If you are busy then you can appoint any one else to do your job..

Should do it after next week...people will be busy with Eid stuff etc, so wont have time to sit at a computer making transfers...

according to me, the transfer window will be after Eid. As there are still 3-4 match days left before the window..

Should do it after next week...people will be busy with Eid stuff etc, so wont have time to sit at a computer making transfers...

according to me, the transfer window will be after Eid. As there are still 3-4 match days left before the window..

This is one of the reasons that i said to do it early

Please start the mid-season transfer-window before the 27th August...

Guys, the transfer window cannot be moved around. It's a fix date in the game. We don't decide the date of the transfer window, the football manager game does.

ibad can my assistant name my teams. I am away til saturday and i cant post team on my phone (which ir where i am typing this from)

Back