PakPassion Football Manager Competition - Discussion / Q & A Thread

King_Rizzy

PPCL Hall of Famer
Runs
Since there is no point creating individual team threads for your team (nor do I want you to create them) as it's pointless since you're the only one part of that team from the forum.

Instead we have this thread where you can discuss the competition, ask any questions, or just have a dig at your opposition :)

I'll start of proceedings.

We need a name for this competition. For the moment I've just named if PakPassion Football Manager Competition (PPFMC). I think we can do much better than that. Suggestions?

no the sign up thread is still there in the cricket section but the sign ups are closed.

Have a bit of a pickle.

We have 24 teams.

This is what the format is likely to look like:

League (each team plays each other once).
League/Cup competition (4 groups of 6 teams, top 2 from each go through to quarter finals)
Super Cup (a bit like Community Shield where the winner of the league and the cup below face each other at the start of the season).

Cup - now this is where I have a problem. This should solely be a KO cup competition, like FA Cup. We have 24 teams which makes it difficult. What do you guys suggest we do with this? One way is to have the first round with only 16 teams, with the 8 other teams being given a bye so they automatically go through to the next round. Any other suggestions?

^We can take 8 more signups..

We could, but whilst that would solve the cup situations, it will make things as a whole difficult to manage. It's a lot of workload, and with this type of tournament, the workload can't really be shared.

Depends when you will run the cup... you should start the cup half way through the season and the top 8 teams in the league should automatically be put through to a certain stage of the cup

yea maybe have the top two teams in each group in the league have a bye for the first round of the cup.

Depends when you will run the cup... you should start the cup half way through the season and the top 8 teams in the league should automatically be put through to a certain stage of the cup

This sounds good, and pretty fair in the circumstances

I quite like this idea. I'll have to check to see if it's possible on the editor.

Any more suggestions?

Don't give much about the cup, its the league that im after as usual. We could have a knockout it doesnt matter much, after all its only the best teams which will eventually end up in the finals. And yes, having 32 teams will make it difficult to manage.

Must keep in mind, with the limited no. of GOOD players available and each manager depending on his luck and hoping he is initially drafted with the best players, will only make the rule which afrid1 stated unfair.

Lets face it, 10 teams are initially drafted with players like Messi, Ronaldo, Iniesta, Xavi, Ozil, Persie etc.. Are not likely to trade these players with any other team whatever fee they are offered. Thus these teams will more than likely be in the top 10 come mid-season. Thus they will unfairly qualify for the quarterfinals, whereas the other 22 teams which had not been drafted with the best players would be battling it out for the other places. Will make it much more complicated and unfair.

Thus i'd suggest less teams, with a cup with knockout rounds.

OR

If you want more teams. We could have two different leagues, with two different cups. Like EPL and LA Liga.

Can't reduce number of teams now after collecting the sign ups. There has to be a way around it.

Have a bit of a pickle.

We have 24 teams.

This is what the format is likely to look like:

League (each team plays each other once).
League/Cup competition (4 groups of 6 teams, top 2 from each go through to quarter finals)
Super Cup (a bit like Community Shield where the winner of the league and the cup below face each other at the start of the season).

Cup - now this is where I have a problem. This should solely be a KO cup competition, like FA Cup. We have 24 teams which makes it difficult. What do you guys suggest we do with this? One way is to have the first round with only 16 teams, with the 8 other teams being given a bye so they automatically go through to the next round. Any other suggestions?

That's how the FA works anyway with the big teams entering in round 3 for that very reason. Give 8 clubs a bye.
The following season (if there is one) the top 8 clubs get a bye. Maybe there will be more teams then anyway.

the players will be allocated automatically. After that there will be a pre-season transfer window where the managers can negotiate with others to get there fav players.

What system is in place to ensure the top players are distributed evenly or is it just purely random?

the players will be allocated automatically. After that there will be a pre-season transfer window where the managers can negotiate with others to get there fav players.

Hmm

Got to make it sure that its fair then.

What system is in place to ensure the top players are distributed evenly or is it just purely random?

We have a good system in place, don't worry :) I've used it before. It'll be easier to explain this once all players have been allocated to teams and you see the screenshots of players, especially for anyone who has never used Football Manager before.

Hate to be a pest and keep asking, but do you know when the league will start yet?

i will put the teams in around 2 days and then there will be a transfer window thread. This may go up to a week before we start our league.

^ Make sure that there are some German players in my team.. :)

Note: From this post i became a First Class Player from a Local Club Cricketer :yk

Last edited:
I will try to post the teams in about 2 days. I will try to finish the work tomorrow but maximum time is 2 days.
Believe me, it is really tough business to run a big competition. I need some training lessons from Rizzy. He is the master in it.

Teams Thread is up, you can see your teams there. Each team has 18 players. The maximum squad size is 22 so you can add up to 4 players in your teams.
Pre-Season Transfer Window thread will be posted in a day or two. There will be some free players in it as well as the managers can get players by negotiating with other managers.

Rizzy how will the free players draft work? surely the best players will get picked by few people?

i will create the transfer window thread today or tomorrow but the transfers will not start straight away. There will be a time given of when the transfer window will start. Before the start time managers can negotiate with each other but will not be able to get the free players until the start of the transfer window time. After its start it will be first come first server system. The manager who gets the player before any other manager will get him.

i will create the transfer window thread today or tomorrow but the transfers will not start straight away. There will be a time given of when the transfer window will start. Before the start time managers can negotiate with each other but will not be able to get the free players until the start of the transfer window time. After its start it will be first come first server system. The manager who gets the player before any other manager will get him.

Surely in that case we should perhaps know approx what time this 'free players' go up...otherwise one might be fast asleep whilst the other is snapping them up lol

don't worry. I will tell you guys the starting time of the transfer window.

iBad i think it should be a draft system for the free players. the weakest teams should get 1st pick and then the 2nd weakest etc. You and Rizzy can decide which are the weakest teams to the best.

OR

you should pick random team to have 1st pick. so Basically Team A gets 1 pick, then Team C, then team G etc, so after all the teams get 1 pick, then it goes back to the 1st team again for their 2nd pick, like a cycle

I've tried a draft system with this competition before with 16 teams, it will just take too long, we have 24 here.

The current one we'll be using is more fun as well (just wait and see :) )

I've tried a draft system with this competition before with 16 teams, it will just take too long, we have 24 here.

Draft would be better, but this is good aswell.

Ok Rizzy looking forward to your system for free picks. some of the teams are ridiculously strong compared others, including yours :wasim:akhtar:moyo :inzi

Ok Rizzy looking forward to your system for free picks. some of the teams are ridiculously strong compared others, including yours :wasim:akhtar:moyo :inzi

I never thought of that!

Rizzy got a pretty strong team and have played FM for the last 10(?) years or so.

:afridi

I've not even had the time to look properly at my team yet, I just looked at it once to see who my players were.

Not analysed or anything.

Thanks for the hard work and effort Ibad and Rizzy. Im looking forward to this.

What about players that are not in teams or part of the free transfers, I assume they don't exist?

For example Davide Santon

They do exist, but just not in this competition.

I'm sure they'll pop up somewhere along the line.

Rizzy!

I have all 70 Mill remaining and sold Gerrard for 22 Mill.

Do I then have 92 Mill or the same 70 Mill remaining.

93 Mill. I haven't had time to update the transfer budgets. This place is hectic lol. That on top of trying to run PPCL.

KR, Could you also update the Team threads, for those who have taken part in the Transfers/Exchanges?

Back