PCB files formal complaints with ICC over visa delays and inappropriate conduct in the India vs Pakistan match

Has the PCB taken the right decision to launch a complaint to the ICC about Indian crowd behaviour?

• Total voters

MenInG

PakPassion Administrator
Staff member
Runs
PCB files formal complaints with ICC over visa delays and inappropriate conduct in the India vs Pakistan match

The Pakistan Cricket Board has formally lodged complaints to the ICC about visa delays for Pakistani journalists and the lack of a fan visa policy. Additionally, they have raised concerns about the crowd behavior during the India vs Pakistan game

The Pakistan Cricket Board has formally lodged complaints to the ICC about visa delays for Pakistani journalists and the lack of a fan visa policy. Additionally, they have raised concerns about the crowd behavior during the India vs Pakistan game
So now ICC is going to penalise the GOI and visa dept with sanctions and also going to identify the crowd members and ban them from any ICC event. All they needed was an official complaint.
ICC should also potentially ban INDIA from all future ICC events

Good move by PCB. Finally they did something they believed in rather then cowing down to BCCI all the time.

Cake boys crying. How about playing like men instead of capitulating in a disgraceful manner.

That is for the team management to sort out. This is a case where PCB has to look after the interests of the fans whom they represent. They have every right to put their case and let ICC deal with it.

What's childish about it? If a Certain country is not welcomed in your country then you shouldn't have any right to host such a big event
Didn't we see the threads a few days ago, like Pakistan receiving a huge welcome in Hyderabad, Babar having good fans and support, and Pakistan being well-received by Jay Shaw, etc.? What changes after one loss?

That is for the team management to sort out. This is a case where PCB has to look after the interests of the fans whom they represent. They have every right to put their case and let ICC deal with it.

Fine just a waste of time and resources. ICC won't do nowt.

ICC is weak, unlike the IOC.

India were banned from hosting Olympics by the IOC this decade, so now India will bid for 2036.

India to bid for 2036 Olympics as IOC censures ‘politicisation of sport’

The IOC has warned against excluding athletes and teams for political reasons amid ‘growing politicisation of sport’.

Every man and his dog knows what the aim was last week. Time ICC grew a backbone.

Asked PCB for specifics about the complaint.

No information as yet.

Pakistan in 2023 WC are by far the worst travelers of all time. They have been ordinary so far on the field, they have complained about everything in some cases creating issues out of thin air , they are scared of the crowd booing them , they are crying about Dil Dil Pakistan not being played on Bharatiya venues. They have cried about venues, cried about pitches. All the other 8 teams are grateful for the arrangements made by them. Not 1 team constantly throwing toys out of the pram. Absolutely disgraceful. Please send them back if still possible.

Fine just a waste of time and resources. ICC won't do nowt.

I agree they won't, they are too feeble, but PCB still has a care of duty to it's fans, and it's players regardless of performance. Bharat authorities also have responsibility to be fit and proper hosts and questions can at least be asked.

This is a genius move by PCB.

If we we win the World Cup, they can use the against all odds scenario and milk it for next 30 years.

If we dont win the World Cup, we can blame the lack of hospitality and crowd for the loss and we will have an official report on the same issue as well.

A masterstroke.

Remember, BCCI complains regularly to the ICC, the last time was when BCCI complained about the Asia Cup this year and wanted it moved to different venues.

BCCI have also complained to the ICC over the racism some of the Indian players received in 2012.

BCCI went crazy complain mode during Monkey-Gate too.

If the richest board can repeatedly complain amd throw its toys out of the pram to the ICC, then no reason why PCB should be mocked in doing so on a what is clearly a valid and justifiable basis.

Remember, BCCI complains regularly to the ICC, the last time was when BCCI complained about the Asia Cup this year and wanted it moved to different venues.

BCCI have also complained to the ICC over the racism some of the Indian players received in 2012.

BCCI went crazy complain mode during Monkey-Gate too.

If the richest board can repeatedly complain amd throw its toys out of the pram to the ICC, then no reason why PCB should be mocked in doing so on a what is clearly a valid and justifiable basis.
You are confused. That's a demand not a complaint.

Wish PCB had not done this when Pakistan are still in the country.

Things can get nasty for us.

The fans and journalist not getting visa is a legitimate complaint. Complaining about crowd's behaviour is just stupid.

A home crowd should be a hostile crowd so its a proper feel of a home game. Other sports outside of cricket are exactly like that.
It's not a home game though, it's an international tournament.

I don't mind the hostile environment stuff but then the provisioning of tickets for Pakistani fans should have been arranged for.

I was talking about the bold part.

The other points you mentioned are genuine and racism-related complaints, unlike complaining against some random spectators.

What bold part?

You are confused, PCB complaints are not just about random spectators, it is about abusive spectators (among other aspects too such as visas). You know, the kind of abuse Indian players received in 2012 and BCCI went running to the ICC.

You cannot have your cake - and eat it. See what I did here?

What bold part?

You are confused, PCB complaints are not just about random spectators, it is about abusive spectators (among other aspects too such as visas). You know, the kind of abuse Indian players received in 2012 and BCCI went running to the ICC.

You cannot have your cake - and eat it. See what I did here?

No one didn't abuse.

No one didn't abuse.
What are you bleating on about?

As for historical complaints by the BCCI, you can start with this.

Or if that is not enough, here another example.

When Indians are abused abroad, the knives, the tears, and the complaints come out, when Pakistan players are abused in India, PCB complains, then Pakistan just played poor cricket!

Move on and behave!

I see a few showing true colours whenever confronted with any sort of negative India image.

Deal with it.

If you have anything useful to add to this thread - go ahead, else, look for other topics to post on.

The visas for Pakistani fans should have been a prerequisite for PCT to go to India for this WC. Once again Zaka Ashraf a failure as PCB chair.

I am glad the PCT players got harsh treatment by the fans. They were getting too comfortable and jolly.

When Indians are abused abroad, the knives, the tears, and the complaints come out, when Pakistan players are abused in India, PCB complains, then Pakistan just played poor cricket!

Move on and behave!

And where is the evidence of the crowd being racially abusive towards the Pakistani players?

Move on and behave!
Where was Rizwan abused??

The visas for Pakistani fans should have been a prerequisite for PCT to go to India for this WC. Once again Zaka Ashraf a failure as PCB chair.

I am glad the PCT players got harsh treatment by the fans. They were getting too comfortable and jolly.
This is a genuine and legitimate complaint. Not allowing visas for political reasons..
Again, it's about clout. China didn't allow Indians from arunachal Pradesh visas in asian games. India lodged a formal protest and nothing came out of it .
Basic lesson, grow your stature so much that you can dictate the rules of engagement.

Pakistan and PCB have embarassed themselves royally on and off the field in the last 3 days. Since 2003, I have watched numerous Pakistani teams getting beaten by India at the world cups but never have I seen this sore loser mentality post the game...

First it was Mickey with that cringeworthy "BCCI event, No Dil DIl Pakistan from the speakers today 🤡" statement and now PCB with this "complaint "... Don't know how the Pak players are feeling about all this drama. Pretty sure , it's going to have some effect on their progress in the tournament.

If you are complaining do it, but why announce it.

It's almost like PCB is doing this just to appease people who didn't get visas and fans who are not happy about the behaviour of some Indian fans at the match.

I think it's another invitation for humiliation from PCB. It doesn't make sense to me. Even if they will give visa. How many fans will travel to india? And ICC president has already given his verdict on remarks of Mickey Aurther.

Last edited:
Guess who controls ICC?

I wouldn’t be surprised if ICC bans Pakistan from the sport for filling this complaint.

BCCI and ICC both are vile organizations.

Pakistan and PCB have embarassed themselves royally on and off the field in the last 3 days. Since 2003, I have watched numerous Pakistani teams getting beaten by India at the world cups but never have I seen this sore loser mentality post the game...

First it was Mickey with that cringeworthy "BCCI event, No Dil DIl Pakistan from the speakers today 🤡" statement and now PCB with this "complaint "... Don't know how the Pak players are feeling about all this drama. Pretty sure , it's going to have some effect on their progress in the tournament.
After plan A failed on field the plan B was to play the song to motivate the team. Micky now complains that plan B was sabotaged.

Jokes aside...micky is playing to galleries to deflect attention to the fact that like online relationship even online coaching does not work.
He is just trying keep his secondary income as PCT team online coach intact.

If PCB wanted to have any tangible effects, they should've hit the BICCICC right where it hurts - their hip pockets. Should've boycotted the WC (foolish to think Pak was beating Ind in the group stages) and then laughed at the empty stadiums for non-India games compounded by the lack of Pak-Ind matches to bring the bacon home.

If PCB wanted to have any tangible effects, they should've hit the BICCICC right where it hurts - their hip pockets. Should've boycotted the WC (foolish to think Pak was beating Ind in the group stages) and then laughed at the empty stadiums for non-India games compounded by the lack of Pak-Ind matches to bring the bacon home.

And also not get their paycheck.

PCB, fortunately, still understands that dollars are more important to feed the cricketers instead of emotional indignation.

And also not get their paycheck.

PCB, fortunately, still understands that dollars are more important to feed the cricketers instead of emotional indignation.
I doubt sustaining the livelihood of the cricketers is the number one financial concern of PCB and management and if you think it is then you have a lot more faith in humanity than I.

They have a valid point about visas, I see that.

However in speaking about crowd behaviour, PCB and Mickey are playing politics and attempting to hide their own deficiencies by playing on fans’ emotions.

I see PCB and Mickey making just a cynical attempt to deflect responsibility for the disastrous game results from their incompetence and failures.

As I said they are playing on sentiment and from some responses here, they have been party successful.

Yes waiting for a true leader to finally make the call the so fair so true PCB to take this call. I wonder why it hasn't happened?

In our childhood days when we were defeated by other team,we also used to put blames on them instead of accepting our failure....and then elders used to indulge

No complaint about the DJ??

Pakistan are an irresponsible cricket nation. They have tried to sabotage a World Cup through wrong accusations. I now genuinely fear for our team’s and our cricket fans’ safety in Pakistan if at all we ever have to tour there for a tournament in future because now they will use the lies spread by them in this World Cup to actually abuse our team and our fans in real. BCCI should make a proper case of such concerns of us ours and tell the ICC in clear and strong words that we would not send our team if a tournament were to occur in Pakistan. We wish everyone well but we want no part of it this hate propaganda of our irresponsible neighbours.

Yes waiting for a true leader to finally make the call the so fair so true PCB to take this call. I wonder why it hasn't happened?

Same reason the WC was held in India despite India's failure to properly prepare for it. The financial needs of the few in power outweighing the needs of everyone else involved in the game.

The match was played in good spirt… Babar also not taken crowd booing seriously and after match demanded T-shirt from King Kohli…. Later in the night team management realised the whole blame of humiliating defeat may come on them and PCB’s head bcose prior to WC, there were chaos and allegations on the selection of players in Pakistan team. Therefore team management decided to put blame on crowd and made complaint which is nothing but an afterthought

Very nice by Pakistan. I hope Pakistan makes the semis but if they don't the fans and experts have lots of excuses to stack up for the team failing to make the last 4.

Same reason the WC was held in India despite India's failure to properly prepare for it. The financial needs of the few in power outweighing the needs of everyone else involved in the game.
So simple answer is git good.. ain't it?
Nobody handed this power to BCCI out of the goodness of their heart. India progressed since the 90s while pakistan regressed bad and is losing relevance.

In a fair world, lost of things pakistan asks are fair but it ain't a fair world.

Last edited by a moderator:
Practical reality does not care for emotions. PCB knows that and hence sent it's team to India.

So crowd determines the fate of Pakistani cricket team.....

How far the mighty have fallen though.

From the days of IK, Wasim, Waqar, Akhtar, Afridi, inzi.... Where Pakistan roared all over the world now TO THIS DAY, WHERE PAKISTAN insinuate their defeat against crowd behaviour.....

And people call this team cornered tiger....

So crowd determines the fate of Pakistani cricket team.....

How far the mighty have fallen though.

From the days of IK, Wasim, Waqar, Akhtar, Afridi, inzi.... Where Pakistan roared all over the world now TO THIS DAY, WHERE PAKISTAN insinuate their defeat against crowd behaviour.....

And people call this team cornered tiger....

Once again, seems our friends working overtime to hide issues in India.

Think you are reading the PCB text but the mind is translating that to:

PCB statement is not "We lost the game due to superior slogan shouting skills of Indians"

Shed the prejudice bro.

If you are complaining do it, but why announce it.

It's almost like PCB is doing this just to appease people who didn't get visas and fans who are not happy about the behaviour of some Indian fans at the match.

And also putting the lives of Pakistan players at risk by creating an excuse for extremists to have a go at Pakistan.

The match was played in good spirt… Babar also not taken crowd booing seriously and after match demanded T-shirt from King Kohli…. Later in the night team management realised the whole blame of humiliating defeat may come on them and PCB’s head bcose prior to WC, there were chaos and allegations on the selection of players in Pakistan team. Therefore team management decided to put blame on crowd and made complaint which is nothing but an afterthought

T shirt was before the game, if I am not mistaken

So now Babar and RIZWAN are becoming so much cry babies they can’t handle some hostile crowd and booing?! Or was it PCB on their own?

There should be a formal complaint for visas not being issued. Whatever the repercussions for this should be meted out to them.

However, slipping in the “fan behaviour” complaint IF TRUE is truly humiliating.

We’re not some minnow team that can’t handle some unfriendly crowd.

Poll added - please add your votes
Please add on option of it being useless move which has no impact on anything. Everyone has a right to file a complaint, whether the complaint has merit is one thing, whether the complaint will have any impact another, the poll question has nothing to do with merit or future impact.

The complaint has no logic or sense, and lacks any value so it can neither help or backfire on PCB.

Please add on option of it being useless move which has no impact on anything. Everyone has a right to file a complaint, whether the complaint has merit is one thing, whether the complaint will have any impact another, the poll question has nothing to do with merit or future impact.

The complaint has no logic or sense, and lacks any value so it can neither help or backfire on PCB.

The second option will suffice.

So now Babar and RIZWAN are becoming so much cry babies they can’t handle some hostile crowd and booing?! Or was it PCB on their own?

There should be a formal complaint for visas not being issued. Whatever the repercussions for this should be meted out to them.

However, slipping in the “fan behaviour” complaint IF TRUE is truly humiliating.

We’re not some minnow team that can’t handle some unfriendly crowd.

I totally agree with you as a Bharatiya fan and hold 100% same opinion.

Just that when we say this, we are being accused of showing our so called true colours.

Two other Muslim teams Bangladesh and Afghanistan are having a fine World Cup without any issues in terms of religion bigotry or abuse. Pakistan has more to introspect here rather than question on why Rizwan is becoming the target of religious commentary and taunts.

If rumours to be true Indian fans raised slogans 'Pakistan ke baap hain hum' during match and also paper plane where thrown at hasan ali .

The fans and journalist not getting visa is a legitimate complaint. Complaining about crowd's behaviour is just stupid.

A home crowd should be a hostile crowd so its a proper feel of a home game. Other sports outside of cricket are exactly like that.

Which other sports? Every sport I follow usually allocates at least some tickets to away fans. By all means have a hostile and abusive home crowd, but in an international world event, at least accomodate some fans from the other side or let a civilised first world country host it.

Practical reality does not care for emotions. PCB knows that and hence sent it's team to India.

The practical reality is that such efforts from the PCB have borne no fruits for the past decade or so. The PCB can either accept that reality by quietly sending a team to the WC and stop making bogus complaints like this (that most people have rightfully identified will have little tangible benefit) OR they can do something radically different to try and shift the current power structure in world cricket. Currently they are doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results. Insanity.

So simple answer is git good.. ain't it?
Nobody handed this power to BCCI out of the goodness of their heart. India progressed since the 90s while pakistan regressed bad and is losing relevance.

In a fair world, lost of things pakistan asks are fair but it ain't a fair world.

That's always been the answer.

Security is main reason behind denying visas ,last time in 2011 they issued visas and after that wc 200 pakistanis were missing they never returned to Pakistan and given the history of notorious activities pak involved in india ,i Justify their action of not allowing visas in abundance ,can be granted to a few famous faces so tracking would be easy.

Though our crowd behaviour was shameful but you guys shouldn't cry about it because they were just 50 or 100 people group they sent to stadium for create ruckus, 95% crowd wasn't involved in hurling abuses so take a chill pill and focus on cricket rather these trivial activities.

You guys should thank BCCi that your almost all games are in South India if bcci were involved in evil plans against you , Most of your matches would've been in north where your opponent whomever of that would've got insane crowd support and your team most of time got booed , Side effect of that their performance would've worst.

It's good if they don't grant you visas because their is high possibility that Afganis are ready for **** crowd to play with you with Hockey and chairs and in india action wouldn't have taken against them , They have Indian crowd and government backing.

Really stupid of PCB when it comes to complaining about the crowd.
WHy is it stupid?

You must be completely ignorant of basic sporting understanding if you think so. Every global sporting body has regulations around crowd behaviour and if there was language or anything else that was used by the crowd to be deemed as bigotry, racism, intimidation then there is a duty of care from a sporting body to its participants.

In football fans are banned for life from stadia for racist language, other fans have been arrested and charged with criminal offences.

Grow up and educate yourself a bit.

WHy is it stupid?

You must be completely ignorant of basic sporting understanding if you think so. Every global sporting body has regulations around crowd behaviour and if there was language or anything else that was used by the crowd to be deemed as bigotry, racism, intimidation then there is a duty of care from a sporting body to its participants.

In football fans are banned for life from stadia for racist language, other fans have been arrested and charged with criminal offences.

Grow up and educate yourself a bit.
Can someone enlighten what racist bigoted statements were made to pakistani players in ahemdabad? 🤔🤔

Some one else's Saazish, Some else's fault.....
the excuses come tumbling out of the vault...:)
Some of the Whinge
is so cringe
Fact is laugh and the world laughs with you
Cry and you cry alone :)

PCB would have lost 35mn USD that they will get from the ICC.

BCCI is going to earn close to 8bn USD in next 5 years. Out of which atleast a billion dollars will be added to the already 2.5bn USD BCCI reserves.

Yes Pakistan will hurt India financially.

:))

Pakistan isn't in any position to hurt India off the field. But being one of the better teams, they can try hurting India by beating them onfield.

This is India. Players and sportsmen from various countries and disciplines come here, participate and go home.

So trying to paint India as unsafe isn't going to work.

One hopes so but riling up the local population in India is not a great idea.

As for your this is India thingy - well this is the first Pakistan side in many years so lets hope for the best

Back