PCB files formal complaints with ICC over visa delays and inappropriate conduct in the India vs Pakistan match

Has the PCB taken the right decision to launch a complaint to the ICC about Indian crowd behaviour?

• Total voters
Good move by PCB. ICC should strict action and ban India from hosting any game in future.

I see a few showing true colours whenever confronted with any sort of negative India image.

Deal with it.

If you have anything useful to add to this thread - go ahead, else, look for other topics to post on.
So it's ok to talk about old stuff about India but we can't talk about how a spectator attacked Krish Srikanth in Pakistan?

In a 10 team World Cup with 2 Muslim majority countries (Bangladesh, Afghanistan) and India with a Muslim population larger than that of Pakistan, everyone is getting along fine.

Only 1 team (Pakistan) is having boos, crowd issues, Jai Shri Ram issues, Namaz issues, sanitation issues, bird beat issues and security issues.

Make of it what you will.

Can someone enlighten what racist bigoted statements were made to pakistani players in ahemdabad? 🤔🤔

There are claims being made that there were Islamophobic chants aimed at the cricketers, along with other forms of unacceptable language.

These may well be false claims but as is the case with any other sporting organisation, these need to be investigated. The fact that people like you are on here claiming there shouldn't even be an investigation are a joke.

Last edited by a moderator:
In a 10 team World Cup with 2 Muslim majority countries (Bangladesh, Afghanistan) and India with a Muslim population larger than that of Pakistan, everyone is getting along fine.

Only 1 team (Pakistan) is having boos, crowd issues, Jai Shri Ram issues, Namaz issues, sanitation issues, bird beat issues and security issues.

It's also a city where over a thousand Muslims were killed in a mob riot unchecked by the current PM of India. Maybe that was Pakistan's fault too.

It's also a city where over a thousand Muslims were killed in a mob riot unchecked by the current PM of India. Maybe that was Pakistan's fault too.

Obviously Modi has his issues.

But why do Pakistanis have issues with India's Prime Minister.

They are here to play cricket, not make a United Muslim Liberation Front.

India involving politics in world cup 2023 and trying to bully pakistan off field?

There are claims being made that there were Islamophobic chants aimed at the cricketers, along with other forms of unacceptable language.

These may well be false claims but as is the case with any other sporting organisation, these need to be investigated. The fact that people like you are on here claiming there shouldn't even be an investigation are a joke.
Literally, nowhere but this thread seems to be talking about it. People seem to have issue with jai shree ram chant .. but no one has shown any Islamophobic chants?
Again, hostile crowd is not equivalent to Islamophobia.

Obviously Modi has his issues.

But why do Pakistanis have issues with India's Prime Minister.

They are here to play cricket, not make a United Muslim Liberation Front.

And Pakistan went to play cricket, I don't know how many times this needs to be said. The players who were abused took it squarely and both were top run scorers for Pakistan, neither of them has complained.

The PCB is the one asking for the ICC to look into a couple of matters, both the abuse from the crowd, and the lack of visas made available for Pakistan fans. Regardless of whether the call is successful, the PCB is right to voice concern on behalf of the Pakistan players and fans, that is the whole point of it as an organisation.

Literally, nowhere but this thread seems to be talking about it. People seem to have issue with jai shree ram chant .. but no one has shown any Islamophobic chants?
Again, hostile crowd is not equivalent to Islamophobia.
Like I explained to you before you can shout jai shri ram amongst your self in the stadium that is no issue. when you go up into someones face and shout jai shri ram just because he is muslim that is islamophobia

Just like if I come upto your and shouted Allah hu akbar down your face you would call me a terrorist straight away

Like I explained to you before you can shout jai shri ram amongst your self in the stadium that is no issue. when you go up into someones face and shout jai shri ram just because he is muslim that is islamophobia

Just like if I come upto your and shouted Allah hu akbar down your face you would call me a terrorist straight away
So let's arrive at a common ground .. shouting religious chants down the throat of someone of different religion is bigotry?
It's your view by the way, I am just lowering the threshold to arrive on a compromise agreement.
I hope we can maintain consistency In future discussions.
For me, I believe in free speech as long as it's not inciting violence. Angry sledging in sports ground is far better venting than guns and missiles. Let the idiots vent out their bravado. Most of these idiots chanting jai shree ram or Allah u akbar ( from the other side) will pass their pants when actual fight happens.

I am from a sikh family by the way.

What are you bleating on about?

As for historical complaints by the BCCI, you can start with this.

Or if that is not enough, here another example.

When Indians are abused abroad, the knives, the tears, and the complaints come out, when Pakistan players are abused in India, PCB complains, then Pakistan just played poor cricket!

Move on and behave!
I was talking about Indian spectators during the India vs Pakistan match. You are posting some irrelevant Al Jazeera Junk.lol

So let's arrive at a common ground .. shouting religious chants down the throat of someone of different religion is bigotry?
It's your view by the way, I am just lowering the threshold to arrive on a compromise agreement.
I hope we can maintain consistency In future discussions.
For me, I believe in free speech as long as it's not inciting violence. Angry sledging in sports ground is far better venting than guns and missiles. Let the idiots vent out their bravado. Most of these idiots chanting jai shree ram or Allah u akbar ( from the other side) will pass their pants when actual fight happens.

I am from a sikh family by the way.

If pakistanis were granted visa and your public are were shouting jai shri ram down everyone's throat violence would be a definite thing. All I'm saying is india are not fit to host such big tournaments if their fans are going to involve religion and politics. We've not had these issue in England Australia dubai or anywhere else only in India.

If pakistanis were granted visa and your public are were shouting jai shri ram down everyone's throat violence would be a definite thing. All I'm saying is india are not fit to host such big tournaments if their fans are going to involve religion and politics. We've not had these issue in England Australia dubai or anywhere else only in India.
There were some race related issues in England world cup. I am not sure but someone had posted something.

As for someone big fit to host, you have the right to your opinion. Pakistan , PCB have their right to opinion. But does it matter to the rest of the cricket world? I guess not.

I have pointed about how china had refused Indian players visa to asian games. India cried foul but no one cared. News of a single day and people moved on accepting the hard unfair reality.
but People here don't seem to want to move on.

Then why is Pakistan playing in the World Cup in India, and why did the PCB leadership personally visit?
Why don't they leave from the tournament if they have such concerns?

Afghanistan is receiving tremendous support, and Bangladeshi fans are enjoying themselves at the grounds without any issues.
Only PCB and some fans raising these silly concerns to divert attention from the humiliation they experienced due to their loss against India in the last match.

And Pakistan went to play cricket, I don't know how many times this needs to be said. The players who were abused took it squarely and both were top run scorers for Pakistan, neither of them has complained.

The PCB is the one asking for the ICC to look into a couple of matters, both the abuse from the crowd, and the lack of visas made available for Pakistan fans. Regardless of whether the call is successful, the PCB is right to voice concern on behalf of the Pakistan players and fans, that is the whole point of it as an organisation.

I dont have an issue with PCB complaining to be honest.

But if the boy cries wolf too many times, the value of his cry will be lost.

I dont have an issue with PCB complaining to be honest.

But if the boy cries wolf too many times, the value of his cry will be lost.

This is an ICC organised tournament pcb has every right to make a complaint and make ICC aware of the treatment pakistani fans and players are receiving, Everyone and their dog knows that action will not be taken but it is just to make ICC Aware so when future icc tournaments are organised all this rubbish from India is taken in account

I don't k ow why is this so hard for people to understand

What action was taken by PCB against Waqar Younis for his Hinduphobia?

What action was taken by PCB against Waqar Younis for his Hinduphobia?

What is the connection or you just wanted to throw that in and couldn't find a thread to post in?

This is an ICC organised tournament pcb has every right to make a complaint and make ICC aware of the treatment pakistani fans and players are receiving, Everyone and their dog knows that action will not be taken but it is just to make ICC Aware so when future icc tournaments are organised all this rubbish from India is taken in account

Precisely. It's not as if many of us are PCB fans here to defend them for the sake of it, most of us don't have much respect for them anyway. But a right action is a right action and that is what we are judging here.

Show me accounts where india have paid salaries for even one of our cricketer
India generates major chunk of ICC revenue. Pakistan gets a share of that. ICC revenue split is a major component of PCB revenue.
This is indirect. And if you want direct.
Pakistani players played in first IPL.. ever since pakistani players and PCB have cried about that missed revenue and salaries.
It's a cheap shot, I know but it's something I feel better than the language used by you in your post.
Again, just my opinion. 🙌

It seems that the Pakistan Cricket board has invoked Section 11 of ICC’s Anti-Discrimination Policy for International Cricket

I have pasted Section 11

Has BCCI breached it?

0kBNfFu.png

What is the connection or you just wanted to throw that in and couldn't find a thread to post in?

Connection is that pakistanis regularly make anti hindu or anti India comments. Somewhere that will elicit a response.

Connection is that pakistanis regularly make anti hindu or anti India comments. Somewhere that will elicit a response.

Fair point.

In India Muslims are regularly killed so I guess its ok for Pakistan players to do this also to make a point - yes?

Try and understand, it's a game.

If you cannot be good hosts - don't bother hosting ICC tournaments.

It's not your tournament it's an icc tournament
Unfortunately it's hosted in a shi tty country

Fair point.

In India Muslims are regularly killed so I guess its ok for Pakistan players to do this also to make a point - yes?

If Pakistan have any problem with india hosting rights then they should have rejected just like Indian team has rejected to go Pakistan to Play Asia cup .

If Pakistan have any problem with india hosting rights then they should have rejected just like Indian team has rejected to go Pakistan to Play Asia cup .

When in doubt and caught stealing, throw in this little gem.

You know it's interesting the first time you use this reasoning, get boring afterwards

India generates major chunk of ICC revenue. Pakistan gets a share of that. ICC revenue split is a major component of PCB revenue.
This is indirect. And if you want direct.
Pakistani players played in first IPL.. ever since pakistani players and PCB have cried about that missed revenue and salaries.
It's a cheap shot, I know but it's something I feel better than the language used by you in your post.
Again, just my opinion. 🙌

PCB gets its revenue from ICC its not PCB's issue where ICC gets its revenue from

Your ipl hired a service from our players if your ipl can't afford to pay our players for the service then they should have not hired our players

our players have every right to ask for the monies owed in return for the service provided

Fair point.

It's not a Hindu muslim issue.. its india pakistan issue. Afghans and Bangladeshi cricketers and fans don't have much issue about india hosting.

You know it's interesting the first time you use this reasoning, get boring afterwards
What doubt?? There are other eight team also playing in this world cup and none of them have any problem here. They are just enjoying the great hospitality .Only PCB and their fan's have problem .If they are thinking that BCCI is doing discrimination against Pakistan only then they have right to boycott this tournaments. even a child is bored after repeated conspiracy theory .some fan's now even think that behind the Pakistani player's health hotel management is responsible and there should be investigation .

What doubt?? There are other eight team also playing in this world cup and none of them have any problem here. They are just enjoying the great hospitality .Only PCB and their fan's have problem .If they are thinking that BCCI is doing discrimination against Pakistan only then they have right to boycott this tournaments. even a child is bored after repeated conspiracy theory .some fan's now even think that behind the Pakistani player's health hotel management is responsible and there should be investigation .

Because...

Let's once again spell it out, shall we?

Your ipl hired a service from our players if your ipl can't afford to pay our players for the service then they should have not hired our players
Is there any claim of services of Pak players not having been paid for by IPL? They were all paid for IPL 1
our players have every right to ask for the monies owed in return for the service provided
They made themselves unavailable for IPL 2 thanks to PCB's stand. Their contract became null and void when PCB prevented from traveling to India for IPL 2.

No services provided, no money owed.

Is there any claim of services of Pak players not having been paid for by IPL? They were all paid for IPL 1

They made themselves unavailable for IPL 2 thanks to PCB's stand. Their contract became null and void when PCB prevented from traveling to India for IPL 2.

No services provided, no money owed.

This thread is not for that - we have other threads for that.

Board doesn't take action against individual who have held official positions in their org, but want others to take action against crowd.

Why doesn't PCB start by setting the example first before asking others to do so?

I was talking about Indian spectators during the India vs Pakistan match. You are posting some irrelevant Al Jazeera Junk.lol

The Indian spectators were abusing Pakistan players on Saturday.

The articles I cited reveal how BCCI went crying to ICC over abuse to both Indian players and spectators. Just a couple of examples, both in English if you bothered to read them.

You don't have a leg to stand on with your RSS junk apologetic drivel. You can cry source, but there are many articles to choose from.

Your point was toast before it even landed. The joke is on you.

This thread is not for that - we have other threads for that.
I simply replied to @emranabbas . He made the claim. I provided information regarding the claim.

Coming to topic.

PCB did its very best to delay the the scheduling of the WC with their vaclialtion over attending the WC until the last minute. there is plenty of documented for this.

IF PCB really cared about it fans, they would have made a clear cut decision ina timely manner.

Visa procedures for Pak citizens to Inida has been well know for more than a decade.

Bottomline, PCB is more keen on creating headache for BCCI than about Pak cricket fans.

PCB chairman knows India is enemy country.

Most of the forum members were fearing worse for team in India. They highlight so many risks in India.

No matter how much people try to defend, it's known that most of the India is anti-Pakistan and harbors deep hatred for the country.

Yet entire team and staff walk straight into the country. Even after knowing this much, I am actually surprised that they are willing to stay in the country.

Which other sports? Every sport I follow usually allocates at least some tickets to away fans. By all means have a hostile and abusive home crowd, but in an international world event, at least accomodate some fans from the other side or let a civilised first world country host it.

100%. That's why Pakistani fans & journalist not getting a visa approved is a legitimate complaint as I said. Pakistani fans without a doubt should have an opportunity to attend and it's a big failure on BCCI to not allow that to happen.

Crowd can do boo or do whatever they want as long as it doesn't get personal and PCB complaining just seems childish.

100%. That's why Pakistani fans & journalist not getting a visa approved is a legitimate complaint as I said. Pakistani fans without a doubt should have an opportunity to attend and it's a big failure on BCCI to not allow that to happen.

Crowd can do boo or do whatever they want as long as it doesn't get personal and PCB complaining just seems childish.
Well PCB didn't decide until a 6 weeks ago whether to participate in the WC. VIsa to India for Pak citizens takes longer than 6 weeks and this has been the case for 15 years.

PCB didn't care about is fans

Chanting religious slogans is not abusive. Rinse and repeat.

It is if an individual is targeted on the basis of religion which is what happened to Rizwan.

This is a fact, and proven by the fact BCCI were complaining to the ICC when individual Indian players were targeted with verbal abuse.

Indians are not special, unless you now want to claim no Indians were abused at cricket matches abroad.

India will never rise as a nation with Indians of your intellect.

Chanting religious slogans is not abusive. Rinse and repeat.

No one has an issue Indians chanting jai shri ram in the stadium amongst them selves but it becomes an issue when you shout it down someone's face just because he's a Muslim

I hope you understand the diffrence

Jay Shah knows that Indian players have no risk in India.
You didn't answer the question. Figured that before anyway.

Stop pretending the head of the PCB is the only one who believes India is the enemy when Jay Shah believes the same about Pakistan.

If India is so powerful it could have refused Pakistan team from entering India, why didn't it? Indian government wanted to show it it not a terrorist organisation? Too late for that.

Fair point.

1. What happens in India isn't Pakistan's domain. Is it?

2. This statement that “Muslims are regularly killed in India” is a statement with nothing to back it up. The Afghans are enjoying great support in India. They haven't complained even once.

3. I don't think anyone is doing any favours to India by giving it hosting rights. If one team out of 10 has problems with India next time that one team should look into its own behaviour.

PCB files formal complaints with ICC over visa delays and inappropriate conduct in the India vs Pakistan match

The Pakistan Cricket Board has formally lodged complaints to the ICC about visa delays for Pakistani journalists and the lack of a fan visa policy. Additionally, they have raised concerns about the crowd behavior during the India vs Pakistan game
PCB is justified about non issuance of visas for journalists and fans. Regarding crowd behavior that depends, the home crowd should be supporting the home team nothing wrong with that, but throwing projectiles (don't know if there was any thrown ), uttering racist & derogatory slurs, should not be allowed. Don't know what crowd misbehavior took place?

You do realise that nothing is being done behind anyone's back?

There is no stealing nor is anyone giving any explanation.

PCB is free to oppose BCCI at the ICC on any point they want to.

Who will take the guarantee of these fans? Last time close to 200 pakistanis vanished after coming to India on fan visas.

If PCB were so concerned about fans, they should have taken responsibility of the fans and endorsed the visa applications.

India has been awarded 3 more ICC tournaments. PCB is free to try and get them shifted out.

Bunch of sooks

-Play it smart.
-Keep friendly terms with BCCI.
-Schedule the Pak v India CT25 match at Karachi
-Don’t give visas to their fans and journalists
-do a in house ceremony (not televised 1 hour prior to the match). Make sure the central theme of the ceremony is the Islamic republic of Pakistan and the Pakistan Army.
-don’t play any Indian songs during the match.
-let 99% Pakistan crowd express themselves like Ahmedabad did.

Wait patiently for your turn.

Bunch of sooks

-Play it smart.
-do a in house ceremony (not televised 1 hour prior to the match). Make sure the central theme of the ceremony is the Islamic republic of Pakistan and the Pakistan Army.

They are aware that that method might not work. They shot their load when Wasim khan made the play for hybrid model for WC 2023.

With this current actions, PCB all but ensured that BCCI will make every effort to shift CT2025 out of Pakistan.

Should have waited till CT2025 schedule is released

Bunch of sooks

-Play it smart.

Do you think after all this drama created by PCB, BCCI will agree to play CT in Pakistan? I dont think so
But as an cricket fan i want indian team to play in Pakistan for once .

Do you think after all this drama created by PCB, BCCI will agree to play CT in Pakistan? I dont think so
But as an cricket fan i want indian team to play in Pakistan for once .
I recon they will play

I just think it’s stupid of PCB to shoot themselves with this dumb complaint. They should just wait for their turn to get one over.

I’m pretty sure the next time India play Pakistan in England, the Pakistan fans won’t forget what happened at Ahmedabad. Especially the ones up north

They are aware that that method might not work. They shot their load when Wasim khan made the play for hybrid model for WC 2023.

With this current actions, PCB all but ensured that BCCI will make every effort to shift CT2025 out of Pakistan.

Should have waited till CT2025 schedule is released
UAE 2025 .. here we come .

I recon they will play
Optimist I take it.

any specific reason why you think that might be the case.

Here are reasons to think otherwise.
little to no goodwill between PCB and BCCI. the latest by PCB is making things worse (if that is even possible)

Nothing between GOI and GOP.

ICC is beholden to BCCI

I just think it’s stupid of PCB to shoot themselves with this dumb complaint.
can you think of time when PCB wasn't in recent times
They should just wait for their turn to get one over.

I’m pretty sure the next time India play Pakistan in England, the Pakistan fans won’t forget what happened at Ahmedabad. Especially the ones up north
Doubt it will bother BCCI or Indian players. Given that indian players have been physically assaulted by pak fans in the past, doubt words will have much of an impact

These issues were clear leading up to the Pakistan-India game. Why did the PCB Chairman accept the invitation to attend when no fans could attend? At least could’ve shown some solidarity with them before instead of complaining now.

These issues were clear leading up to the Pakistan-India game. Why did the PCB Chairman accept the invitation to attend when no fans could attend? At least could’ve shown some solidarity with them before instead of complaining now.
Becos he wants to have his cake and eat it!

heads I win Tails you lose.

What is mine is mine and what is your is ours

PCB motto!

Bunch of sooks

-Play it smart.

Still India will win😀

Glad Pakistan raised these issues regardless of the outcome. The crowd was hostile and racist. Everyone saw it and you cannot deny it.

It’s also where Muslims , a minority dared to burn down a train carrying Hindu pilgrims. Let the Hindus in Pakistan do something similar and we will see how the Pakistani Muslims react.

You didn't answer the question. Figured that before anyway.

Stop pretending the head of the PCB is the only one who believes India is the enemy when Jay Shah believes the same about Pakistan.

If India is so powerful it could have refused Pakistan team from entering India, why didn't it? Indian government wanted to show it it not a terrorist organisation? Too late for that.

I am not pretending anything. You didn't read the post carefully and quoted it selectively.

Large section of Indians hate Pakistan and that's a fact no matter how much Indians sugar coat here. Govt and political parties seems Pakistan same way.

India didn't stop Pakistan because there is no risk from Pakistani player playing in WC.

India stopped general population from attending matches because govt sees a risk with that.

On the other hand, Pakistan sees lot of risk, they could predict unfavorable conditions, yet they decided to send team to India and ended up complaining a lot.

Indians don't go to Pakistan in similar situations.

It’s also where Muslims , a minority dared to burn down a train carrying Hindu pilgrims. Let the Hindus in Pakistan do something similar and we will see how the Pakistani Muslims react.
And what's that got to do with cricket?

Did rizwan or babar burn the train? Or was it shaheen shah afridi?

Who will take the guarantee of these fans? Last time close to 200 pakistanis vanished after coming to India on fan visas.

If PCB were so concerned about fans, they should have taken responsibility of the fans and endorsed the visa applications.

India has been awarded 3 more ICC tournaments. PCB is free to try and get them shifted out.

They may not get shifted but atleast games won't be hosted in areas where there is islamaphobia on a rise or at cities where pakistan players may not be safe

Famous Pakistani fan Bashir chacha said after Ahmedabad match

“I have received a lot of love from people here in India. It’s been the same in Hyderabad and Ahmedabad. I have faced no issues at all in India. People here have welcomed me with open arms, they have treated me so well, and they have given me so much love”

They may not get shifted but atleast games won't be hosted in areas where there is islamaphobia on a rise or at cities where pakistan players may not be safe
Is pakistan participating in next year Olympics in Paris?.it's not directed at you but after seeing condemnation of French policies left and right here .I am curious.

Back