PCL #PSL ( Season 3) - Islamabad United - Team Thread

No didn't get any!

This is also called simulated cricket.

Skill set of players is entered in sim which then generates a cricket match with ball by ball commentary, posted at match threads in spells of 5/10 overs.

Players are expected to Post in match threads on Match days. It is irrelevant if one is a cricketer or not in real life.

We have little over a day to announce playing XI for first match.

Let's wait for KK selection of pitch type and variation.

[MENTION=1906]hailian[/MENTION]
[MENTION=135839]Smbhayi[/MENTION] (Vice Captain)
Virender Sehwag (International-1st Match)
[MENTION=133998]Azzurri[/MENTION]
[MENTION=129922]Smiling Creed[/MENTION]
[MENTION=143363]Hedz[/MENTION]
Rizwan
@Moe
[MENTION=138411]EngrOmair[/MENTION]
[MENTION=128087]last_knight[/MENTION] (Captain)
[MENTION=120431]Professor[/MENTION]

Toss : Bat First

sorry was busy yesterday. BTW don't look much on deterioration, it'll true whole 40 overs unless it's spicy or above.

anyway batting 1st is a good so I've a chance to score a century :kohli1

sorry was busy yesterday. BTW don't look much on deterioration, it'll true whole 40 overs unless it's spicy or above.

Spicy or above means bowling friendly ?
Does it mean bowler friendly for Fast bowlers or it favours spinners as well depending upon pitch type ?

Spicy or above at IU home grounds will favour spinners more. Is it ?

We now host QG.
QG will play either Miller or Warner.
[MENTION=135839]Smbhayi[/MENTION] [MENTION=129922]Smiling Creed[/MENTION] , I'm thinking of a spicy pitch. And replacing Sehwag and [MENTION=143363]Hedz[/MENTION] with Shadab and Farhan.

Your thoughts ?

We now host QG.

[MENTION=135839]Smbhayi[/MENTION] [MENTION=129922]Smiling Creed[/MENTION] , I'm thinking of a spicy pitch. And replacing Sehwag and [MENTION=143363]Hedz[/MENTION] with Shadab and Farhan.

Your thoughts ?

Hedz, AR I guess. did we played him yesterday? ;) well play him only devilish like pitches.

Also [MENTION=128087]last_knight[/MENTION] pls update the OP with full team details. You can request [MENTION=23911]Moh@n[/MENTION] or [MENTION=53377]jeetu[/MENTION] or any other mod for that.

We now host QG.

Your thoughts ?

spicy with normal deterioration. bat first too
bit of reshuffle the order too

Farhan
Smbhayi [MENTION=129922]Smiling Creed[/MENTION] [MENTION=133998]Azzurri[/MENTION]
@hilian
Rizwan
Shadab Khan [MENTION=134474]Moe[/MENTION] [MENTION=138411]EngrOmair[/MENTION] [MENTION=128087]last_knight[/MENTION] (Captain) [MENTION=120431]Professor[/MENTION]/ Gul

Last edited:
spicy with normal deterioration. bat first too
bit of reshuffle the order too

Farhan
Smbhayi [MENTION=129922]Smiling Creed[/MENTION] [MENTION=133998]Azzurri[/MENTION]
@hilian
Rizwan
Shadab Khan [MENTION=134474]Moe[/MENTION] [MENTION=138411]EngrOmair[/MENTION] [MENTION=128087]last_knight[/MENTION] (Captain) [MENTION=120431]Professor[/MENTION]/ Gul

[MENTION=120431]Professor[/MENTION] is Silver Category. He will play. Captain needs some rest and I was hoping you can lead IU against QG.

Spicy Pitch

1. Sahibzada Farhan
2. [MENTION=135839]Smbhayi[/MENTION] ( Captain)
3. [MENTION=129922]Smiling Creed[/MENTION] (Vice Captain)
4. Shadab Khan (International 1st Match)
5. [MENTION=133998]Azzurri[/MENTION]
6. [MENTION=1906]hailian[/MENTION]
7. [MENTION=2914]umar[/MENTION] Gul (International 1st Match)
8. Rizwan
9. [MENTION=134474]Moe[/MENTION]
10. [MENTION=138411]EngrOmair[/MENTION]
11. [MENTION=120431]Professor[/MENTION]

demote Shadab Khan. only 55 batting skill. Shadab at 7 and Gul at 8. others good. Good aggression without much batting skill isn't good enough.

Glad to be signed by Islamabad United
Like Chris Lynn I disappeared at the start of the season

But I’m back!

Glad to be signed by Islamabad United
Like Chris Lynn I disappeared at the start of the season

But I’m back!

Welcome back. Sort of jet lag and coaches were thinking you might need some rest for next match. Team will need you in key matches.

For next match against LQ, I'm thinking to go with this

1. [MENTION=135839]Smbhayi[/MENTION] (Captain)
2. Sahibzada Farhan
3. [MENTION=134474]Moe[/MENTION]
4. Brad Haddin
5. [MENTION=129922]Smiling Creed[/MENTION] (Vice Captain)
6. [MENTION=133998]Azzurri[/MENTION]
6. [MENTION=1906]hailian[/MENTION]
8. Shadab Khan
9. [MENTION=143363]Hedz[/MENTION]
11. [MENTION=143502]MoJoJoJo[/MENTION]

Toss : Bowl First

Lulz I didn't even know this league started, will be active from the next match forward. Let's win this cup :rd

Lulz I didn't even know this league started, will be active from the next match forward. Let's win this cup :rd

Next match we are playing away, against Multan Sultan. On a pitch that support pacers. Looking forward to your MoM performance in Multan. You are due a big day.

Next match we are playing away, against Multan Sultan. On a pitch that support pacers. Looking forward to your MoM performance in Multan. You are due a big day.

It's time to show the world how overrated their batting line up is :yk

It's time to show the world how overrated their batting line up is :yk

I guess MS will play Kohli. And you are a Left Arm Pacer after all.

1. [MENTION=133998]Azzurri[/MENTION]
2. Sahibzada Farhan
3. [MENTION=1906]hailian[/MENTION]
4. [MENTION=129922]Smiling Creed[/MENTION]
5. [MENTION=135839]Smbhayi[/MENTION] (Vice Captain)
6. Brad Haddin -WK- (International, 2nd Match)
7. [MENTION=134474]Moe[/MENTION]
8. [MENTION=120431]Professor[/MENTION]
9. [MENTION=138411]EngrOmair[/MENTION]
10. [MENTION=128087]last_knight[/MENTION] (Captain)
11. Mir Hamza

I think one should bowl first only if it's Spicey or beyond, regardless of opposition or pitch.
I want to bat first against MS.
Your suggestion [MENTION=135839]Smbhayi[/MENTION] ?

I think one should bowl first only if it's Spicey or beyond, regardless of opposition or pitch.
I want to bat first against MS.
Your suggestion [MENTION=135839]Smbhayi[/MENTION] ?

go with your gut feeling..

btw I'm exact opposite though. on a normal pitch it's hard to defend while on bowling friendly pitches it's hard to chase.

Alright then. We chase if we win toss. But [MENTION=1906]hailian[/MENTION] opens and Farhan bats at 6.

PZ our next target. Let's win this [MENTION=135839]Smbhayi[/MENTION]

Last edited:
1. [MENTION=1906]hailian[/MENTION]
2. [MENTION=133998]Azzurri[/MENTION]
3. [MENTION=129922]Smiling Creed[/MENTION] (Vice Captain
4. [MENTION=135839]Smbhayi[/MENTION] (Captain)
5. Brad Haddin -WK- (International, 3rd Match)
6. Sahibzada Farhan
7. Shadab Khan (International 2nd Match)
8. [MENTION=134474]Moe[/MENTION]
9. [MENTION=120431]Professor[/MENTION]
11. [MENTION=143502]MoJoJoJo[/MENTION]

Toss : Bowl First

So it's high spinning pitches. well normal pitch means it'll be a high scoring match. I'd drop Haddin here...

Due to critical illness of my mother, I will not be available, for an indefinite period of time.
[MENTION=135839]Smbhayi[/MENTION] [MENTION=23911]Moh@n[/MENTION]

Due to critical illness of my mother, I will not be available, for an indefinite period of time.

[MENTION=135839]Smbhayi[/MENTION] [MENTION=23911]Moh@n[/MENTION]

Sorry to hear brother. May Allah grant her health and make things easy for you.

May she get well soon, InshaAllah.

Oh I am so sorry. I pray she recovers and gets well soon!

Sorry to hear, may she get well soon.

Sorry to hear brother. May Allah grant her health and make things easy for you.

Sorry to hear that, may Allah help her stage a complete recovery.

Jazakallah and Thanks everyone.
She died within few hours after accident caused Head Injury and consequent severe Intracranial bleed. May her soul rest in peace in heavens. Aameen.

I will not be able to post regularly these days.
I hope [MENTION=135839]Smbhayi[/MENTION] will take care of it. [MENTION=23911]Moh@n[/MENTION]

She died within few hours after accident caused Head Injury and consequent severe Intracranial bleed. May her soul rest in peace in heavens. Aameen.

Innalillahi wa inna ilayhi rajiun.

Extremely sorry to hear that. May Allah grant her Jannatul-Firdaus, and grant you and your family sabr.

Innalillahi wa inna ilayhi rajiun.

May Allah grant her a place in Jannat-al-Firdous and make things easy for your family.

Innalillahi wa inna ilayhi rajiun

May Allah grant her peace and a place in Jannat-al-Firdous. Ameen

Last edited:

So sorry to hear that, may she rest in peace. You and your family are in our prayers and thoughts.

Extremely sorry to hear of your loss. Please take care and may her soul rest in peace.

I hope you are taking over as the Islamabad captain now.

You need to appoint a new VC.
[MENTION=129922]Smiling Creed[/MENTION] [MENTION=134474]Moe[/MENTION] [MENTION=133998]Azzurri[/MENTION] [MENTION=120431]Professor[/MENTION] [MENTION=138411]EngrOmair[/MENTION] [MENTION=1906]hailian[/MENTION] [MENTION=143502]MoJoJoJo[/MENTION] [MENTION=143363]Hedz[/MENTION]

Anyone interested?

hi made some changes, hopes everybody OK with it [MENTION=129922]Smiling Creed[/MENTION] [MENTION=143363]Hedz[/MENTION]

[MENTION=129922]Smiling Creed[/MENTION] [MENTION=134474]Moe[/MENTION] [MENTION=133998]Azzurri[/MENTION] [MENTION=120431]Professor[/MENTION] [MENTION=138411]EngrOmair[/MENTION] [MENTION=1906]hailian[/MENTION] [MENTION=143502]MoJoJoJo[/MENTION] [MENTION=143363]Hedz[/MENTION]

Anyone interested?

yup i am intrested in the vc post..

hi guys. chooses Spicy pitch against Karachi. so what's the XI you'd like to suggest? [MENTION=143502]MoJoJoJo[/MENTION] [MENTION=129922]Smiling Creed[/MENTION]

[MENTION=53377]jeetu[/MENTION], these are the home team pitch conditions:

StadiumCityBounceSeamSwingSpinDeterioration
Diamond Club GroundIslamabadAverageLowGoodHighAverage
National StadiumKarachiHighAverageGoodLowGood
Gaddafi StadiumLahoreLowHighHighAverageLow
Arbab Niaz StadiumPeshawarLowLowGoodHighGood
Bugti StadiumQuettaHighGoodAverageLowHigh
Multan Cricket StadiumMultanAverageGoodHighGoodLow

just for references

going for same XI except kaaptan comeback in place of [MENTION=143502]MoJoJoJo[/MENTION].

again going with same XI, Dhoni style, don't want to change winning XI..

Good job @Symbhai for a top 2 finish. Well played everyone.

Umar Gul should play all matches remaining. Sehwag too, should plag, Preferably All matches.

I need some rest skipper. Gulla can replace me.

Back