[PICTURES] Is Hindutva Ideology Impacting Indian Cricketers?

Yea, it’s ‘Hindutva Extremism’. Yet, when Pakistani cricketers (Ahmed Shehzad) asks an opposition player of another faith to convert to Islam that too on the field and captured on camera, it’s perfectly fine.

Yea, it’s ‘Hindutva Extremism’. Yet, when Pakistani cricketers (Ahmed Shehzad) asks an opposition player of another faith to convert to Islam that too on the field and captured on camera, it’s perfectly fine.

While I thought it was a bit tactless, from an Islamic point of view he was actually inviting someone to his faith which would be a blessing for the non-Muslim. I'm sure the player could just say no thanks I'm fine and it's not really a massive issue. If a hindu invited me to become a hindu and share their faith I would feel kind of flattered to be honest.

While I thought it was a bit tactless, from an Islamic point of view he was actually inviting someone to his faith which would be a blessing for the non-Muslim. I'm sure the player could just say no thanks I'm fine and it's not really a massive issue. If a hindu invited me to become a hindu and share their faith I would feel kind of flattered to be honest.
Yes, a Pakistani player inviting an opposition player to Islam is glorious.

Can you name me another idiot of another faith in the history of the game who has made a fool out of his nation by inviting an opposition of another faith to his religion on the field?

Yes, a Pakistani player inviting an opposition player to Islam is glorious.

Can you name me another idiot of another faith in the history of the game who has made a fool out of his nation by inviting an opposition of another faith to his religion on the field?

Are you saying inviting someone to become a Muslim makes a person an idiot?

Doing so during a cricket match on the field does indeed.

To be fair Shehzad is not the brightest spark, but it does feel like some Indians have taken it to heart more than the Sri Lankans who were actually playing the match. Do you really feel it warrants so much outrage?

To be fair Shehzad is not the brightest spark, but it does feel like some Indians have taken it to heart more than the Sri Lankans who were actually playing the match. Do you really feel it warrants so much outrage?
Laughing at a clown for his clownish antics doesn't suggest one is outraged. It merely speaks about cultures.

Holding onto it for years after it happened suggests it does.
And that's coming from people who accuse Indian cricketers of being Hindutva Extremists even if they thank God with a slight gesture on the field?

And that's coming from people who accuse Indian cricketers of being Hindutva Extremists even if they thank God with a slight gesture on the field?

I'm sorry I have no idea what you are talking about, but if you are accusing me of doing that then please feel free to provide a quote and I will apologise.

As KKR ended their 10-year wait to lift the IPL trophy for the third time in their history. Gambhir shared this

U4AdXfZ.png

This just shows how difficult it is to accept someone's religion.
Funny, Gambhir posted something on X glorifying Krishna, who is considered a Bhagwaan in Hinduism, and that is a problem. But Pakistani players can perform all types of Islamic rituals displaying their faith that too on the field, and that's acceptable.​

Funny, Gambhir posted something on X glorifying Krishna, who is considered a Bhagwaan in Hinduism, and that is a problem. But Pakistani players can perform all types of Islamic rituals displaying their faith that too on the field, and that's acceptable.​

As i said, apparently any person who practices Hinduism is Hindutvawadi

Not that it will bother any Hindu.

Last edited by a moderator:
As i said, apparently any person who practices Hinduism is Hindutvawadi

Not that it will bother any Hindu.
Remember Ahmed Shehzad asking Dilshan to convert to Islam, that too on the field?

Last edited by a moderator:
As KKR ended their 10-year wait to lift the IPL trophy for the third time in their history. Gambhir shared this

U4AdXfZ.png
This is beautiful.

We should afford other religions the same dignities that we afford ours.

In a moment of jubilation Gambhir tempered his ego by remembering the divine.

Respect.

Sports should be free from all this stuff. No need to bring religion talks in sports. Making fuss is easier but to clear it takes a lot of time.

Some of you guys are astonishing. A retired cricketer posting pics of him visiting a Mandir is now an issue? At least make some sense at what you say.

Some of you guys are astonishing. A retired cricketer posting pics of him visiting a Mandir is now an issue? At least make some sense at what you say.

They are not allowed to openly practice their religion. They should do it in hiding.

Was it necessary to post about his visit on his social media handle? I'm asking this because Indians say that Indian cricketers don't display their religion

That’s such a tasteless and frankly atrocious post.

It’s an attack on our religion. You are indirectly applying that Hindus can’t even post on social media about visiting their deities and then justifying it by saying “some posters here said Indian cricketers don’t display their religion”

@MenInG @Saj Is this the new direction PP is heading? Can we delete this post and give a stern warning to the mod for insulting Hindus and demeaning them for practising their religion openly?

I used to believe the same but after as I grew older I realised the sayings being taught to us “no religion is bad” “there are good/bad people in every religion” etc are just cop outs to justify the wrongs of the religion.

You will see light one day too!

Actually its opposite for me. I believed that what wrong Muslims did came from Islam. Only to realise that what Muslims do and what Islam teaches can be and in many cases is different.

Expressing joy at religious celebrations is a wonderful thing.

More power to Suresh.

I don't think there is anything to debate here. If merely visiting a place of worship can be seen as extremism or wrong behavior then we are going down the wrong path.

Reactions: KB
I used to believe the same but after as I grew older I realised the sayings being taught to us “no religion is bad” “there are good/bad people in every religion” etc are just cop outs to justify the wrongs of the religion.

You have expressed dismay at one generalization by making another generalization about a community.

As usual one thing you disagree with and the knives are out for the whole community. It is common tactic.

I am glad you saw the light. If I showed you the tweets of your co religionist when our holy places or holy people are mentioned and the bile they come up with, perhaps your light bulb will become fused.

But thankfully most people aren't like you and are able to differentiate individuals from communities and the words of random adherents to the religion itself.

Was it necessary to post about his visit on his social media handle? I'm asking this because Indians say that Indian cricketers don't display their religion

He is enjoying his life post retirement. Perhaps exploring the religion he was brought up in.

If any Indian cricketer starts an interview saying Jai Shriram or Om Namah Shivay, then I would agree that they are becoming religious too.

And isn't that the truth. The problem is the implementation
No religion other than Islam takes whats written in a book at such face value. Lot of posts in the Christian and hindu and other religious books have been questioned with modern sensibility in place and no ones screams blasphemy or goes on riots. Hindu beliefs that were followed have been questioned and also banned legally. As is the Christian textual comments.

But question anything in the Islamic books - and the moral police and blasphemy police will call for a fatwa... Books written thousands of years ago cant be gospel truth. Bottomline - they just say be a good person do good deeds respect others and you will be in a good space. Not just taking and following everything blindly word for word..

You have expressed dismay at one generalization by making another generalization about a community.

As usual one thing you disagree with and the knives are out for the whole community. It is common tactic.

I am glad you saw the light. If I showed you the tweets of your co religionist when our holy places or holy people are mentioned and the bile they come up with, perhaps your light bulb will become fused.

But thankfully most people aren't like you and are able to differentiate individuals from communities and the words of random adherents to the religion itself.

You need to read my post again, I never said anything against one community.

You don’t need to show me posts of people in my own religion, they are already implied in my original post which you quoted.

Most people either don’t care or don’t have enough interaction to understand the wrongs of religion.

Next time before quoting me and going into victim mentality, feel free to ask me to clarify if you are unsure who the post was directed at.

Actually its opposite for me. I believed that what wrong Muslims did came from Islam. Only to realise that what Muslims do and what Islam teaches can be and in many cases is different.

This might not be the thread to discuss about religion, but imo your post is contradictory on its own. The core tenants of Islam contradicts the statement “what Muslims do” in your post.

And isn't that the truth. The problem is the implementation
No religion other than Islam takes whats written in a book at such face value. Lot of posts in the Christian and hindu and other religious books have been questioned with modern sensibility in place and no ones screams blasphemy or goes on riots. Hindu beliefs that were followed have been questioned and also banned legally. As is the Christian textual comments.

But question anything in the Islamic books - and the moral police and blasphemy police will call for a fatwa... Books written thousands of years ago cant be gospel truth. Bottomline - they just say be a good person do good deeds respect others and you will be in a good space. Not just taking and following everything blindly word for word..

Agreed but other religions you mentioned have their own fair share of cuckoos.

You need to read my post again, I never said anything against one community.

You don’t need to show me posts of people in my own religion, they are already implied in my original post which you quoted.

Most people either don’t care or don’t have enough interaction to understand the wrongs of religion.

Next time before quoting me and going into victim mentality, feel free to ask me to clarify if you are unsure who the post was directed at.
My apologies if I misunderstood

Expressing joy at religious celebrations is a wonderful thing.

More power to Suresh.

I don't think there is anything to debate here. If merely visiting a place of worship can be seen as extremism or wrong behavior then we are going down the wrong path.
I agree wholeheartedly with these sentiments.

Zooming out, I think part of the issue is that there are some people who are quite uncomfortable with or disapproving of public displays of religiosity. Following the Western or Protestant tradition, there is a feeling that religion should be a matter of inner piety only.

Hence there were some who also disliked Muhammad Rizwan’s public displays of faith as well.

I felt at the time, that those suggesting he should keep his faith to himself and out of the public view, in one way missed the point. For many believers, life is not reduced to neat and separate compartments, nor easily dichotomised between the profane and the spiritual.

There was a lot of outrage at the time and PCB took action against Shehzad.

This is beautiful.

We should afford other religions the same dignities that we afford ours.

In a moment of jubilation Gambhir tempered his ego by remembering the divine.

Respect.
Exactly. In this age of increasing irreligion, you religious guys should be sticking together and praising anyone who's willing to humbly wear their faith on their sleeve.

Not trying to pull each other down. Else you'll be paving the path for us unbelievers. That's how the Brits conquered the subcontinent.

BgX4zEB.jpg

EOtVwW2.jpg

Rohit Sharma and Jay Shah Make Special Visit to Siddhivinayak Temple With T20 World Cup Trophy​

The captain of the Indian Cricket Team, Rohit Sharma and the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) Secretary, Jay Shah made a special visit to the Siddhivinayak Temple on Wednesday along with the T20 World Cup 2024 trophy.

The two among many others offered their prayers after an extremely successful outing in the West Indies and the USA, ending the nation’s 11-year wait for an ICC title. After the prayer ceremony, the two were seen wearing pink-coloured stoles as well.

During their visit, the T20 World Cup 2024 title was also part of a pooja ceremony within the confines of the temple.

After the Indian team managed to win the title, the victory was met with immense joy among the many cricket fans within the country, ensuring that the moment will be cemented in the long-standing history of Indian Cricket.

The Indian team under the leadership of Rohit Sharma, had a standout performance in the T20 World Cup 2024 where they became the first side to win the tournament with an undefeated record.

BgX4zEB.jpg

EOtVwW2.jpg

Rohit Sharma and Jay Shah Make Special Visit to Siddhivinayak Temple With T20 World Cup Trophy​

The captain of the Indian Cricket Team, Rohit Sharma and the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) Secretary, Jay Shah made a special visit to the Siddhivinayak Temple on Wednesday along with the T20 World Cup 2024 trophy.

The two among many others offered their prayers after an extremely successful outing in the West Indies and the USA, ending the nation’s 11-year wait for an ICC title. After the prayer ceremony, the two were seen wearing pink-coloured stoles as well.

During their visit, the T20 World Cup 2024 title was also part of a pooja ceremony within the confines of the temple.

After the Indian team managed to win the title, the victory was met with immense joy among the many cricket fans within the country, ensuring that the moment will be cemented in the long-standing history of Indian Cricket.

The Indian team under the leadership of Rohit Sharma, had a standout performance in the T20 World Cup 2024 where they became the first side to win the tournament with an undefeated record.

This is not right.

You are mixing Hinduism with Hindutva.

There’s absolutely nothing wrong with either of them first of all, even more so in someone practicing his religion.

It’s just like Muslim cricketers going for Umrah. When have we Hindus ever called out a Muslim for performing Hajj or Umrah and that’s them being Islamists. The muslim Pakistanis must show the same respect to our religion.

BgX4zEB.jpg

EOtVwW2.jpg

As long as Rohit Sharma does not start preaching Gita or Ramayan to unsuspecting foreign players in the middle of the pitch, it’s fine.

What cricketers do off the field is their business.

Back