[PICTURES] Pakistan cricket cake celebrations thread

Not sure about a celebration despite being a good effort. But everyone thinks differently so it's fine.

thats a terrible attitude

though tbf you cant really call that a celebration as such either so a bit of masala title

I guess we are getting smashed in the 2nd test now seems all they care about is moral victories send a very wrong message to the opponent they should be hurting now.

Nothing wrong with this. They obviously feel bad about the loss. Just look at Asads face in the first pic

Agree with posters above.

My first reaction was WHAT THE ACTUAL HELL....

I mean I agree you would be pumped up after a match like this even if you lost but to make a show of it and celebrate when you have really lost (that too coming at the back of a poor NZ series) shows poorly on the team.

It can go the other way too. Team being contended to compete and lose the next 2 tests comfortably.

Maybe someone got the cake and you couldn't say "no we can't cut the cake now cos it would make us look bad".

So I get it.

But the least you could do is NOT release pictures of it outside.

Guys. U r forgetting they are humans too. You don't know maybe they went and worked hard after this. This may have just given them some motivation and confidence after a tough loss. Players r not machines and we shouldnt expect them to be sad even though they almost pulled of an impossible chase. The fact that they came so close already hurts a lot for them

Omg.. so they are celebrating this? :broad

This is where I admire Kohli's attitude. While improvement is to be appreciated, you simply don't celebrate these moral victories.

this attitude confirm they have a minnow mentality and another whitewash waits.

I think they just celebrated one of the best knocks ever from a Pakistani batsman in the Aussie heat vs Australian quicks ranking it up to 150 KPH. Come on, give the poor guys some slack.

this might b pictured from last evening ?
celebrating Shafiq's record after day's play?

tbh this misbah team has this attitude where they have a cake for every century and five fer regardless of result

i remember in 2014 season they were having a cake for one reaosn or another everyday

tbh this misbah team has this attitude where they have a cake for every century and five fer regardless of result

i remember in 2014 season they were having a cake for one reaosn or another everyday

So, they just like cake then

They have done it in past as well IIRC, that time a century was celebrated.

the funny thing is that with all the emphasis on fitness this is prolly the worst thing you can do

past few months we have been losing regularly so not many opportunities rither

BTW that cake really looks delicious.....

Can anyone tell me where they might have bought it from ???

the funny thing is that with all the emphasis on fitness this is prolly the worst thing you can do

past few months we have been losing regularly so not many opportunities rither

This must be a no sugar high protein cake. :inzi

To be fair to them, I've would've been delighted too seeing that cake regardless of whether we won or lost.

Yoni bhai looks particularly delighted in the last photo.

BTW that cake really looks delicious.....

Can anyone tell me where they might have bought it from ???

lol obv some random brisbane bakery

i wonder whether its no sugar, healthy kind... looks creamy and sugary

Not that I support the celebration because in the end we lost the match but the boys did well in the chase and hopefully can come back rejuvenated in the next game.

You lose the damn match,it was a suoerb effort but you lose it ,if anything they should be even more dissapointed because they get so close and still lose.
Celebrating milestone is what is so wrong with this team mentality and misbah is the main culprit,that's why many throw away after their milestones and don't care to carry on.

Nothing wrong with it. Isn't it a world record scoring 450 while chasing?

Kohli disagrees with this. If it were him he will be putting extra effort in nets.

lol obv some random brisbane bakery

i wonder whether its no sugar, healthy kind... looks creamy and sugary

Are we sure about this ??? This cake seriously looks like as if it's been brought from some Karachi Nimco Bakery :)) Starking similarity tbh.... Even the packing is so......Pakistani like..... :))

Looks like we are becoming 90s' indians ,peoples happy the wonder boy scored a century who cares about winning.

* Highest 4th inngs total in a losing cause

451 NZ v Eng, Christchurch, 2002
450 Pak v Aus, 2016 *
445 Ind v Aus, Adelaide, 1978

Just because Pakistan gave one helluva fight back doesn't mean you can defend this. Tbh its a terrible attitude. The 39 run loss should've hurt Pakistan and they should've used it as a motivation going into the next test.

I didn't like it.It's not good attitude.Has taken some glory off Pakistan's great fight in this test by doing this childish celebration.

Rizwan has taken 1/8th of it.Consolation piece after not being selected.:uak

FOR THE PEOPLE THAT DO NOT KNOW THIS.....

The boys have a cake after every century and 5-fer.....A total non issue !!

What is this?? I mean it was a great fight back, but we ended up losing how can you be celebrating a loss.

This is weird, what kind of team celebrates a loss... I mean they played amazingly but you can't be celebrating with a fight back.

Are you sure this wasn't for Sami Aslam's 21st birthday, which was last Monday

I think they are celebrating asad shafiq's record 9 hundereds at number 6.

I think they just celebrated one of the best knocks ever from a Pakistani batsman in the Aussie heat vs Australian quicks ranking it up to 150 KPH. Come on, give the poor guys some slack.

:facepalm:

They got skittled for 150,
Couldn't bowl out the opposition, just 15 wickets
Shoddy fielding as usual.
and lost the day in little more than 4 days.

Pakistan has stooped to the level of Bangladesh of old, where they were happy to make the opposing team bat a second time or last 5 days in a games. Even then I doubt Bangladesh celebrated their "almost wins"

No one celebrates close losses , only victories are celebrated. This is terrible attitude.

Looks like we are becoming 90s' indians ,peoples happy the wonder boy scored a century who cares about winning.

The 90s Indian team celebrated only when they became the #1 ranked team Sep 1995. Of course, it was only a retroactive #1 ranking but they knew :)

Ok.

I think they were just celebrating Shafiqs century and MoM award.

Asad is the guy in the center.

Nothing wrong with this. Is the thread title accurate?

Ok.

Most probably celebrating shafiq's record at number 6.

Oh come on guys...no one knows when these pictures were taken...?
I think its for Asad setting a record?
What is wrong with that...we should celebrate more often!

Go Boys Go!

Has this ever been done before publicly? Celebration after a loss, that is.

If PPers start celebrating personal milestones, what will you have remaining bro?? :broad
Well nothing new to celebrate personal milestones. Eg. all Indians celebrated and cut cakes in dressing room when sehwag scored 309 against Pak (first Indian to get a triple)

Only Pakistan will celebrate a loss - good or bad - with a cake.

:facepalm:

They got skittled for 150,
Couldn't bowl out the opposition, just 15 wickets
Shoddy fielding as usual.
and lost the day in little more than 4 days.

Pakistan has stooped to the level of Bangladesh of old, where they were happy to make the opposing team bat a second time or last 5 days in a games. Even then I doubt Bangladesh celebrated their "almost wins"

To each his own, I guess. But I think celebrating this knock is justified.

I thought this inning will change Pakistan's recent defeated mindset.

Come on. Posting pics of defeat celebration :facepalm:

Ok.

Shafiq seems to be one at the centre of it - title changed accordingly.

Well nothing new to celebrate personal milestones. Eg. all Indians celebrated and cut cakes in dressing room when sehwag scored 309 against Pak (first Indian to get a triple)

and Pakistan defeated India in that game. Isn't it? :viru:

and comparing a triple hundred :)))

I thought this inning will change Pakistan's recent defeated mindset.

Come on. Posting pics of defeat celebration :facepalm:

But Pakistan has been winning recently, even away!

What are you saying?

and Pakistan defeated India in that game. Isn't it? :viru:

and comparing a triple hundred :)))

Whats so funny?

Scoring 300 is a big feat but its nothing new. Many batsmen had done it already. It was an Indian record anyways because no Indian had scored a triple before that.

Shafiq on the other hand has a world recors now. Beating the record of most test centuries at number 6 in the history of test cricket is no mean feat.

Last edited:
Whats so funny?

Scoring 300 is a big feat but its nothing new. Many batsmen had done it already. It was an Indian record anyways because no Indian had scored a triple before that.

Shafiq on the other hand has a world recors now. Beating the record of most test centuries at number 6 in the history of test cricket is no mean feat.

If I remember correctly India actually won that match so the cake celebration otherwise there would have been no cake cutting from India. Pak here has lost the match. That's why people have a problem with celebration. Also triple hundreds in test match are still rare. Scoring 9 centuries at no.6 is not even a big thing. No one even remembers it.

India won that Test by an innings and 52 runs, Multan 2004.

Good innings but reminds me of this...

4d4.jpg

Back