[PICTURES] Pakistan cricket cake celebrations thread

The difference that exists is not being caused due to a piece of cake, trust me.

The difference is due to grass root sports.

You could have Australian cricketers eating cake or Biryani and no one would say anything because whatever a foreign cricketer does is acceptable. Hell breaks out if a Pakistani does it.

Like i said, compared to foreign players drinking alcahol, i dont see any issue with the cake

Australians wouldn’t eat cake or biryani after losing a test match. Whereas Misbah distributed cake after losing against Australia in Brisbane during the 2016/17 series.

You’re not fooling anyone with your coping mechanisms. Everyone can see through it.

Australians wouldn’t eat cake or biryani after losing a test match. Whereas Misbah distributed cake after losing against Australia in Brisbane during the 2016/17 series.

You’re not fooling anyone with your coping mechanisms. Everyone can see through it.
so drinking alcahol in the dressing room is ok?

Like i said, whatever the whiteman does will be looked up

This cake celebration is for the camera...God knows how many more cakes they eat with other meals.

You think anyone believes this? :ROFLMAO:

I watched Pakistan team throughout the 2000s and I never ever witnessed kheers/halwas being distributed after losing matches.

You have to be so desperate to go to such lengths and come up with such a lie.

That's the point. We've always had cakes.

It's not unique to Misbah's era, Pakistanis love their cake

You think anyone believes this? :ROFLMAO:

I watched Pakistan team throughout the 2000s and I never ever witnessed kheers/halwas being distributed after losing matches.

You have to be so desperate to go to such lengths and come up with such a lie.
In the 80's and early 90's they used to drink leftover Pepsi and Fantas.

the cakes are sponsored actually. Someone from the hotel, or some restaurant is giving it out.

Just in India, they gave out alot of cakes. We just like to show them, others dont

so drinking alcahol in the dressing room is ok?

Like i said, whatever the whiteman does will be looked up

Sorry but why are you bringing alcohol into this?

Anything to divert from cakes I guess because we all know who’s responsible for bringing this culture into Pakistan cricket. It’s funny anything remotely positive, let alone worthy of a celebration, yields a cake cutting ceremony in Pakistan cricket.

In the 80's and early 90's they used to drink leftover Pepsi and Fantas.

You're missing the point.

Those guys from the 80s and 90s had big team mentality. Not just on the field but also how they carried themselves off it. There was none of these cringe cake cutting ceremonies after losing test matches.

Sorry but why are you bringing alcohol into this?

Anything to divert from cakes I guess because we all know who’s responsible for bringing this culture into Pakistan cricket. It’s funny anything remotely positive, let alone worthy of a celebration, yields a cake cutting ceremony in Pakistan cricket.
why not?

Is alcahol healthy?

or is it because foreign cricketers drink it, so its acceptable?

So its ok if cricketers drink Alcahol but bad to share a 2 pound cake with 25 people?

the cakes are sponsored actually. Someone from the hotel, or some restaurant is giving it out.

Just in India, they gave out alot of cakes. We just like to show them, others dont

They're desperate to pin this on Misbah as if he's baking these cakes lol

Some people are so bitter that they can't even enjoy the little things in life.

They're desperate to pin this on Misbah as if he's baking these cakes lol

Some people are so bitter that they can't even enjoy the little things in life.
look at the u-turn on alcahol lol . Biggest foreign players drink it, so its ok. But no why do our boys eat cake.

For those wondering when this all began and who was responsible for this, look no further.

NOTE: this was after losing a test match!

A remnant of the Misbah era which continues to plague Pakistan cricket

Maybe this is your most vivid memory of cakes or maybe you were too young to remember the ones before this. Or maybe you didn't happen to like this particular flavour, whatever the case you're wrong about Misbah introducing these so please stop spreading your lies.

I specifically remember M. Yusuf cutting a cake, accompanied by the then captain and chairman for being the highest test scorer in 2006. Misbah was no where near the team then

You're missing the point.

Those guys from the 80s and 90s had big team mentality. Not just on the field but also how they carried themselves off it. There was none of these cringe cake cutting ceremonies after losing test matches.
I think nowadays they just do it to show everyone that they are a united team with lots of brotherly love. No one has any grudges against anyone. This is a way to shut up the negative news which some local journalists always want to create that there is infighting and grouping in the team.

Before Misbah, have you ever witnessed cakes being cut after losing matches?

The cringe cake cutting ceremony that followed after Pakistan’s loss in the Brisbane test match during the 16/17 tour of Australia is what set the low threshold to justify such celebrations.

I think nowadays they just do it to show everyone that they are a united team with lots of brotherly love. No one has any grudges against anyone. This is a way to shut up the negative news which some local journalists always want to create that there is infighting and grouping in the team.
It's a circle, if you celebrate someone's birthday or milestone you have to celebrate the others as well so no one feels left out and think that others are getting special treatment

Maybe this is your most vivid memory of cakes or maybe you were too young to remember the ones before this. Or maybe you didn't happen to like this particular flavour, whatever the case you're wrong about Misbah introducing these so please stop spreading your lies.

I specifically remember M. Yusuf cutting a cake, accompanied by the then captain and chairman for being the highest test scorer in 2006. Misbah was no where near the team then

Mohammad Yousuf’s cake cutting in 2006 is not even remotely comparable to Misbah’s cake ceremony after a lost test match in Australia.

You know these are not analogous so I suggest taking a look in the mirror before you accuse anyone of lying.

You do realise Mohammad Yousuf’s cake cutting in 2006 was justified. He was the best in test batsman in the world during that year and he had won test matches for Pakistan.

The fact that you made both of these events comparable shows you’re insincere blind follower of Misbah so well done for exposing yourself 👏

after beating zimbabwe in 2011, but hey lets blame misbah for the cake.

Seriously, its 2024, some posters need to find a new topic to be obsessed on

why not?

Is alcahol healthy?

or is it because foreign cricketers drink it, so its acceptable?

So its ok if cricketers drink Alcahol but bad to share a 2 pound cake with 25 people?

When was the last time you saw foreign cricketers celebrating with alcohol after losing a match?

Misbah made cake celebrations acceptable after losing matche, so if you’re going to come up with an analogy make it make sense please.

When was the last time you saw foreign cricketers celebrating with alcohol after losing a match?

Misbah made cake celebrations acceptable after losing matche, so if you’re going to come up with an analogy make it make sense please.
the foreign team often shares a beer with the losing side in there dressing room.

Infact, there are instances where foreign players have turned up to the match drunk.

after beating zimbabwe in 2011, but hey lets blame misbah for the cake.

Seriously, its 2024, some posters need to find a new topic to be obsessed on

You’ve conveniently decided not to disclose the following in order to mislead posters on here:

• This was during a World Cup
  • Pakistan reached the semi-finals of this World Cup
  • Pakistan actually won the game
Misbah’s cake cutting ceremony during the 16/17 tour of Australia occurred in totally different circumstance. His side lost the match. Why is that so hard to accept?

lol the desperate attempts are just hilarious, how the criteria keeps changing from unhealthy, to foreigners not doing it, to foreigners not drinking in a loss, now to just cake in a loss.

the foreign team often shares a beer with the losing side in there dressing room.

Infact, there are instances where foreign players have turned up to the match drunk.

Read the question again.

When was the last time a foreign cricketing side CELEBRATED with alcohol after losing a match?

Read the question again.

When was the last time a foreign cricketing side CELEBRATED with alcohol after losing a match?
England lost 4-0 to the Australians.

Yet they were drinking with the AUstralians until 6 am in the morning

now set a new filter criteria so that it can fall on the misbah hating criteria of urs

Mohammad Yousuf’s cake cutting in 2006 is not even remotely comparable to Misbah’s cake ceremony after a lost test match in Australia.

You know these are not analogous so I suggest taking a look in the mirror before you accuse anyone of lying.

You do realise Mohammad Yousuf’s cake cutting in 2006 was justified. He was the best in test batsman in the world during that year and he had won test matches for Pakistan.

The fact that you made both of these events comparable shows you’re insincere blind follower of Misbah so well done for exposing yourself 👏

You go to large extents to double down on your fallacies. Anyways @Major has shown you more evidence. If you still dont want to believe then you need help bud. Your obsession with Misbah is not healthy

lol the desperate attempts are just hilarious, how the criteria keeps changing from unhealthy, to foreigners not doing it, to foreigners not drinking in a loss, now to just cake in a loss.

Rather than going around in circles, I’m gonna give you a chance to redeem yourself.

Do you approve of Misbah’s cake cutting ceremony after losing a test match in Australia?

Bear in mind also not only Pakistan lost but the losing streak in tests played in Australia had just one up by one.

England lost 4-0 to the Australians.

Yet they were drinking with the AUstralians until 6 am in the morning

now set a new filter criteria so that it can fall on the misbah hating criteria of urs

England didn’t go out drinking to celebrate. Another rubbish comparison 🤣.

They went out to drink their sorrows away because it was a series for them to forget. That was their way of numbing the pain.

Another failed attempt when it comes to drawing parallels to Misbah’s cake cutting ceremony.

You go to large extents to double down on your fallacies. Anyways @Major has shown you more evidence. If you still dont want to believe then you need help bud. Your obsession with Misbah is not healthy

No it’s your obssssion with Misbah that’s unhealthy because you can’t accept his flaws and when he’s gone wrong, so as a result you come up with coping mechanisms. But that’s to be expected why you blindly follow Misbah.

Last edited by a moderator:
funny thing is how he sees drinking is ok.

So its ok to drink with the opposition in Sorrow, but not ok to cut a cake.

He is failing at his own logic lol

funny thing is how he sees drinking is ok.

Where did I even imply, let alone confirm, that it’s okay?

Also, if you’re going to take the moral high ground on this matter, it’s worth mentioning that your very hero, Misbah, played for an IPL team which had an alcohol brand as their sponsor.

But I guess he’s exempt from any criticism on this matter

So its ok to drink with the opposition in Sorrow, but not ok to cut a cake.

He is failing at his own logic lol

I wouldn’t expect you to understand because you see cricket merely through the lens of Misbah.

No it’s your obssssion with Misbah that’s unhealthy because you can’t accept his flaws and when he’s gone wrong, so as a result you come up with coping mechanisms. But that’s to be expected why you blindly follow Misbah.

He's done wrong by cutting cakes? Lol bro just think what you're arguing.

You’re not being sincere here. You know the issue goes beyond cutting cakes, it’s the circumstances in which this event occurred.

Like I’ve done with Major, I’ll also give you a chance to redeem yourself.

Do you approve of Misbah’s cake cutting ceremony, which occurred shortly after Pakistan had lost a test match in Australia?

@Major In the meantime I’m still waiting for your response.

His issue is not the cake, its why MISBAH in particular cut the cake. Such a weird argument.

9/10 posts of his is about misbah and he thinks we are are obsessed.

Misbah brought a lot of mediocrity and killed the flair in Pakistan cricket. He made the players docile and a inculcated a loser mindset where you cut cakes after losing matches.
Babar and company carried that on by chomping on anything they could get in India as if they never had food in there life.
Thank you Misbah.

Misbah brought a lot of mediocrity and killed the flair in Pakistan cricket. He made the players docile and a inculcated a loser mindset where you cut cakes after losing matches.
Babar and company carried that on by chomping on anything they could get in India as if they never had food in there life.
Thank you Misbah.
So you are saying that a guy who makes 25 lakhs per month is starving of food and went to India and eat anything they could get in India?

You’re not being sincere here. You know the issue goes beyond cutting cakes, it’s the circumstances in which this event occurred.

Like I’ve done with Major, I’ll also give you a chance to redeem yourself.

Do you approve of Misbah’s cake cutting ceremony, which occurred shortly after Pakistan had lost a test match in Australia?

@Major In the meantime I’m still waiting for your response.

I'm not being sincere? You have post after post bashing Misbah for introducing cakes into the dressing room. When pointed out that you're wrong and that cakes were present before Misbah, you shifted goal posts.

I'll entertain though, yes I believe it was a well deserved cake for the Man of the Match who put in a memorable performance down under. After his innings it felt like we could go on to win a test in that series. Sadly it didn't happen but at that point in time, it certainly felt like a possibility. And shortly before this series we were ranked #1 in tests so there was hope of a win down under .

Kudos to Misbah for keeping up the morale of the dressing room then and keeping his team in good spirits.

Thank you Misbah.

Well said 👏

I'm not being sincere? You have post after post bashing Misbah for introducing cakes into the dressing room. When pointed out that you're wrong and that cakes were present before Misbah, you shifted goal posts.

I'll entertain though, yes I believe it was a well deserved cake for the Man of the Match who put in a memorable performance down under. After his innings it felt like we could go on to win a test in that series. Sadly it didn't happen but at that point in time, it certainly felt like a possibility. And shortly before this series we were ranked #1 in tests so there was hope of a win down under .

Kudos to Misbah for keeping up the morale of the dressing room then and keeping his team in good spirits.

You have to remember when cake cutting in Pakistan cricket first came under the media spotlight. It was certainly under Misbah and you can’t deny that.

Coming to the post Brisbane test celebrations, I find it astonishing to read that after 7-8 years, you would still approve of the cake cutting that occurred after this event. As I said to Major earlier, not only did this occur after a lost test match but the losing streak against Australia remained unbroken.

I believe you’re just saying this because you’re afraid that your support for Misbah would come under question.

Good morale is not gonna win you matches. A case in point is Imran Khan and Javed Miandad. On a personal level, they didn’t get along but they managed to win the World Cup and were the two most invaluable players of Pakistan’s golden era during the 80s.

The sad reality is Misbah has turned Pakistan cricket and their fans soft. I’m sorry to say you’re a reflection of that.

Shameless misbah didn't do anything good as a player or a coach. Truly a shameless person in every sense.

Spot on and notice the Misbah fans who come up with all these coping mechanisms to defend in the indefensible.

So you are saying that a guy who makes 25 lakhs per month is starving of food and went to India and eat anything they could get in India?
That's why I said As If..
The Pakistan players were on a food safari and cake munching mission during the World Cup.
Thank you Misbah for bringing this culture.

You have to remember when cake cutting in Pakistan cricket first came under the media spotlight. It was certainly under Misbah and you can’t deny that.

Coming to the post Brisbane test celebrations, I find it astonishing to read that after 7-8 years, you would still approve of the cake cutting that occurred after this event. As I said to Major earlier, not only did this occur after a lost test match but the losing streak against Australia remained unbroken.

I believe you’re just saying this because you’re afraid that your support for Misbah would come under question.

Good morale is not gonna win you matches. A case in point is Imran Khan and Javed Miandad. On a personal level, they didn’t get along but they managed to win the World Cup and were the two most invaluable players of Pakistan’s golden era during the 80s.

The sad reality is Misbah has turned Pakistan cricket and their fans soft. I’m sorry to say you’re a reflection of that.

Ok bro and you're a Sakht Launda, not willing to compromise.

Fact is Misbah led PCT when it was at it's lowest and still gave us some of our best achievements. No harm in celebrating the little wins

That's why I said As If..
The Pakistan players were on a food safari and cake munching mission during the World Cup.
Thank you Misbah for bringing this culture.
Food safari?
Again the question stands. Players earning 25 lakh a month came to india for food safari?

Atleast try to be sensible for once

Ok bro and you're a Sakht Launda, not willing to compromise.

Fact is Misbah led PCT when it was at it's lowest and still gave us some of our best achievements. No harm in celebrating the little wins

I have given him credit on multiple occasions about how he led Pakistan with dignity during it’s darkest time from 2010 till 2013.

But you see this is the difference between you and I. I can praise and criticise anyone, even if it’s my favourite player of all time.

You’re not capable of accepting Misbah’s flaws, which makes you a blind follower of his.

His issue is not the cake, its why MISBAH in particular cut the cake. Such a weird argument.

9/10 posts of his is about misbah and he thinks we are are obsessed.

Ironic coming from someone who has feelings for Misbah and doesn’t have to courage to admit it.

Food safari?
Again the question stands. Players earning 25 lakh a month came to india for food safari?

Atleast try to be sensible for once
They just Chomped on buckets of food.
What else did Babar and Co achieved during the World cup?
Babar may be earning 25 Lakh to play professional cricket but behaved like a tourist who is out there to sample local food like a couch potato.
All this softness brought by Misbah who destroyed the flair of Pakistan Cricket.

@Major you are missing the whole point, have you looked at our players, how they look like? Do they like athletes? No, they dont. Other teams/players Aus, SA, India and NZ are levels ahead. When you look fit and strong no one will blame you for eating cake or drinking an adult beverage (most people do).

@Major you are missing the whole point, have you looked at our players, how they look like? Do they like athletes? No, they dont. Other teams/players Aus, SA, India and NZ are levels ahead. When you look fit and strong no one will blame you for eating cake or drinking an adult beverage (most people do).
The reason why our players dont have athele bodies is not because of cake. That is a very childish reason to give. They literally serve cake to players at the Lords cricket ground.

Not being atheletes is because of the grass root sports structure.

Alcahol is bad. You can call it an adult beverage or whatever, but its one of the worst things ever made, and the fact that atheletes drink it is terrible. Infact, alcahol is more addictive than cake.

Its just the different societies we belong. We look up to whatever white cricketers will do and not complain, so if they drink alcahol we have no issues with that, but we would berate our cricketers for dividing a 2 pound cake with 25 members.

They just Chomped on buckets of food.
What else did Babar and Co achieved during the World cup?
Babar may be earning 25 Lakh to play professional cricket but behaved like a tourist who is out there to sample local food like a couch potato.
All this softness brought by Misbah who destroyed the flair of Pakistan Cricket.
Dont worry, India also achieved nothing in the world cupp.

So now eating local food is bad? When you travel abroad, you pack your curries or try the local cuisine?

Dont worry, India also achieved nothing in the world cupp.

So now eating local food is bad? When you travel abroad, you pack your curries or try the local cuisine?
India reached the finals of the WC. That is a big achievement.
But I guess Pakistani team considered themselves as tourists on food safari rather then representing there country.

India reached the finals of the WC. That is a big achievement.

But I guess Pakistani team considered themselves as tourists on food safari rather then representing there country.
did they win?

infact, did they win any icc tournament in the last 10 years?

Maybe next time instead of focusing cooking food and acting as our servants, maybe win something

did they win?

Maybe next time instead of focusing cooking food and acting as our servants, maybe win something
Babar and Co chomped on a food and hopefully they paid for it rather then eating it for free, given the worthless value of PKR they earn.
It is a simple business transaction. servants lol... They came, they chomped on food like pigs and were out of the WC by losing shamelessly to even Afghans. So, what, India reached the finals and came 2nd, unlike Pakistan which finished at 6th.

@Major, having regular biryani, kababs, cake and cans of coke is far worse for your health than an occasional can of bear.

There's a reason pakistani players are so unfit compared to SENAI players

Babar and Co chomped on a food and hopefully they paid for it rather then eating it for free, given the worthless value of PKR they earn.
It is a simple business transaction. servants lol... They came, they chomped on food like pigs and were out of the WC by losing shamelessly to even Afghans. So, what, India reached the finals and came 2nd, unlike Pakistan which finished at 6th.
like i said, next time instead of being our servants focus on winning an icc tournament. 10 years of no show.

Maybe indians should just serve people as they seem to be good at it. Easier than winning an icc tournament

@Major, having regular biryani, kababs, cake and cans of coke is far worse for your health than an occasional can of bear.

There's a reason pakistani players are so unfit compared to SENAI players
There is no defense for alcahol.

You cant bash one thing while defend another. There is no defence for alcahol especially for a sportsman.

Thats like saying oh smoking is alright, but eating a cake is bad.

Asad Shafiq played a brilliant knock and must have been appreciated for it. But by celebrating it, Misbah showed that the loss didn't hurt him. We would expect teams like BD, Ireland or associates to celebrate such performances but not from Pakistan. This team was ranked #1 just 3 months prior to that match and had some top class test cricketers.

Misbah had always underestimated abilities of his own players because he himself was very limited player. I have watched one of his interviews where he was defending his low SR. He said things like whenever he comes to bat team is 10-3, he takes them to 220-3 and when he gets out, team collapse to 240 all out. That must have been very demoralizing for his teammates especially youngsters. But then most players he had backed were his clones.

You cant bash one thing while defend another. There is no defence for alcahol especially for a sportsman.

Having alcohol is bad, but munching on cakes and biryanis is worse.

They are both ad things, but one is worse than the other.

It's all relative

The reason why our players dont have athele bodies is not because of cake. That is a very childish reason to give. They literally serve cake to players at the Lords cricket ground.

Not being atheletes is because of the grass root sports structure.

Alcahol is bad. You can call it an adult beverage or whatever, but its one of the worst things ever made, and the fact that atheletes drink it is terrible. Infact, alcahol is more addictive than cake.

Its just the different societies we belong. We look up to whatever white cricketers will do and not complain, so if they drink alcahol we have no issues with that, but we would berate our cricketers for dividing a 2 pound cake with 25 members.
Bro, if our players drop the biryani and the stupid cake cutting and actual spend time in the gym, they will look like athletes.

Bro, if our players drop the biryani and the stupid cake cutting and actual spend time in the gym, they will look like athletes.
Wrong argument.

You dont become atheletic by going to the gym. You build muscles and strength, but even a cigarette smoker can go to the gym and have a nice body. Means nothing if he has pathetic fitness and stamina.

Athleticism comes grass root sports.

I am all for eating healthy, sure. But than there is hypocrisy when one defends alcahol drinking and whine about cake cutting because white players do the former and ours do the latter.

Not a single hater of Pakistan cricketers has come up and said that Alcahol drinking is also wrong or see any threads on it.

Having alcohol is bad, but munching on cakes and biryanis is worse.

They are both ad things, but one is worse than the other.

It's all relative
sorry, alcohol is worse than cakes.

Alot of people have increased belly fat cause of it. Every time alcohol goes through your liver it effects it. So come on, saying that Cake is worst than Alcohol is a ridiculous argument. Dont see people getting liver transplant for eating too much cake.

But because white cricketers do it, we subcontinent people will say its ok, they are doing it so its not bad.

I keep mentioning that the 2 pound cake is divided between 25 people, which means IF EVERYONE CONSUMES THE CAKE, only a small portion is eaten. Its not like they are eating cakes everyday. Once a week you can have a slice.

We only see cake cutting, we dont know whether the players eat the whole thing, we assume and love to critisize because we are always looking for different reasons to blame our players instead of accepting our limitations.

Wrong argument.

You dont become atheletic by going to the gym. You build muscles and strength, but even a cigarette smoker can go to the gym and have a nice body. Means nothing if he has pathetic fitness and stamina.

Athleticism comes grass root sports.

I am all for eating healthy, sure. But than there is hypocrisy when one defends alcahol drinking and whine about cake cutting because white players do the former and ours do the latter.

Not a single hater of Pakistan cricketers has come up and said that Alcahol drinking is also wrong or see any threads on it.
Your talking as if players are drinking non stop alcohol. You cant bowl 20 plus overs a day if your not fit. Our phast bowlers are huffing when bowling 4 overs in PSL. its them who have 0 stamina due to lack work ethic and life style. Why dont you get that?

Rather than going around in circles, I’m gonna give you a chance to redeem yourself.

Do you approve of Misbah’s cake cutting ceremony after losing a test match in Australia?

Bear in mind also not only Pakistan lost but the losing streak in tests played in Australia had just one up by one.

@Major

I'm still waiting for your response or are you going to run off like a coward? - as per usual.

Your talking as if players are drinking non stop alcohol. You cant bowl 20 plus overs a day if your not fit. Our phast bowlers are huffing when bowling 4 overs in PSL. its them who have 0 stamina due to lack work ethic and life style. Why dont you get that?

If he criticises it, he fears that his support for Misbah will come under scrutiny.

He has to defend cake consumption at all costs because the truth of the matter is that his beloved Misbah brought this into Pakistan cricket.

This is evident by the fact that prior to the Misbah era, we were never accustomed to seeing the Pakistan team cutting cake after losing test matches. The cringe cake cutting ceremony that followed after Pakistan’s loss in the Brisbane test match during the 16/17 tour of Australia is what set the low threshold to justify such celebrations.

I totally agree with you.

Asad Shafiq played a brilliant knock and must have been appreciated for it. But by celebrating it, Misbah showed that the loss didn't hurt him. We would expect teams like BD, Ireland or associates to celebrate such performances but not from Pakistan. This team was ranked #1 just 3 months prior to that match and had some top class test cricketers.

Hit the nail on the head there.

The reason it didn't hurt him is because he never truly cared about the best interests of Pakistan cricket. We saw this in Mohali when he came out to bat in the 2011 WC Semi-Final. He had to be forced to retire because he wanted to continue leeching off the PCB. After the 2019 WC, he used his position as a committee member to go oust Mickey Arthur behind his back, which was immoral, unethical and a clear breach of conflict of interest.

He only cared about himself. As long as he was captain, he was happy. The cake cutting was a reflection of his small team mentality and his desperation to resort to PR stunts, so he could cling on to his captaincy without being accountable for his performance as captain.

Misbah had always underestimated abilities of his own players because he himself was very limited player. I have watched one of his interviews where he was defending his low SR. He said things like whenever he comes to bat team is 10-3, he takes them to 220-3 and when he gets out, team collapse to 240 all out. That must have been very demoralizing for his teammates especially youngsters. But then most players he had backed were his clones.

What he's done there is throw his teammates under the bus, which tells you everything you need to know about his character.

There was an interview which exposed Misbah's substandard cricketing IQ. The interview was with Azhar Ali, who claimed Misbah believed in setting 260 and relying on his spinners to defend that total. When 300+ was the norm in the early to mid 2010s, he was content with 260, which explains why he was behind the times.

did they win?

Before you ridicule another team for their lack of ICC tournament wins in recent years, just remember, one of the reasons why Pakistan won the 2017 CT was because Misbah's cricketing ideologies were put in the dustbin. In the previous edition of this tournament, which was also held in England, Pakistan didn't win a single game under his captaincy.

every time alcahol is consumed by someone, damage is done to the liver. Its not about being drunk only.

You do damage to your liver with every drink. Cake does not damage your liver.

every time alcahol is consumed by someone, damage is done to the liver. Its not about being drunk only.

You do damage to your liver with every drink. Cake does not damage your liver.

But have you seen the difference between a Stokes, Cummins, Kohli or Bumrah compared to Imam, Babar, Azam, Shadab and even Haris Rauf?

Who looks fitter and stronger to you?

sorry, alcohol is worse than cakes.

Alot of people have increased belly fat cause of it. Every time alcohol goes through your liver it effects it. So come on, saying that Cake is worst than Alcohol is a ridiculous argument. Dont see people getting liver transplant for eating too much cake.

But because white cricketers do it, we subcontinent people will say its ok, they are doing it so its not bad.

I keep mentioning that the 2 pound cake is divided between 25 people, which means IF EVERYONE CONSUMES THE CAKE, only a small portion is eaten. Its not like they are eating cakes everyday. Once a week you can have a slice.

We only see cake cutting, we dont know whether the players eat the whole thing, we assume and love to critisize because we are always looking for different reasons to blame our players instead of accepting our limitations.

I know you purposely introduced this strawman (alcohol vs cake argument) to deflect criticism off Misbah which was hurting your soul.
Now, I dont know if you are either deliberately being obtuse or you genuinely believe Misbah did a good thing.
Either way, the problem is not alcohol or cake.

They can own a bakery at home for all I care and take a slice of cake after every day of Test match 3 times a day as after meal snack.

The real question is

Do Australians and Poms go out and celebrate a Joe Root or Steven Smith hundred if England has lost the match or Australia has lost the match? Do they drink to that match losing knock? DO they get glassy eyed drunk reminiscing a wonderful knock when they lost a match?

I will be waiting for an answer which justifies Pakistani players cutting a cake to celebrate a useless hundred on a tour where Pakistan last won a test match was when I had grown out of diapers.

Until then, please don't strawman alcohol.

And they can keep running a bakery at home.

If he criticises it, he fears that his support for Misbah will come under scrutiny.

He has to defend cake consumption at all costs because the truth of the matter is that his beloved Misbah brought this into Pakistan cricket.

This is evident by the fact that prior to the Misbah era, we were never accustomed to seeing the Pakistan team cutting cake after losing test matches. The cringe cake cutting ceremony that followed after Pakistan’s loss in the Brisbane test match during the 16/17 tour of Australia is what set the low threshold to justify such celebrations.
So pack your bags mid series and whine about a poor team? Is that what a good captain is supposed to do?

You fail to miss the point that keeping up a team's morale after a defeat is important. Some cope by drinking and visiting pubs. Pakistan coped by eating cake.

I know you purposely introduced this strawman (alcohol vs cake argument) to deflect criticism off Misbah which was hurting your soul.
Now, I dont know if you are either deliberately being obtuse or you genuinely believe Misbah did a good thing.
Either way, the problem is not alcohol or cake.

They can own a bakery at home for all I care and take a slice of cake after every day of Test match 3 times a day as after meal snack.

The real question is

Do Australians and Poms go out and celebrate a Joe Root or Steven Smith hundred if England has lost the match or Australia has lost the match? Do they drink to that match losing knock? DO they get glassy eyed drunk reminiscing a wonderful knock when they lost a match?

I will be waiting for an answer which justifies Pakistani players cutting a cake to celebrate a useless hundred on a tour where Pakistan last won a test match was when I had grown out of diapers.

Until then, please don't strawman alcohol.

And they can keep running a bakery at home.

Top post Doc. As you've correctly said, it is nothing more than a strawman argument. Major has intentionally brought up alcohol to intentionally misrepresent the issue of the cake cutting and consumption, which was a remnant of the Misbah era. This proposition has indeed been set-up by him to deflect criticism off Misbah and it is for this reason why he refuses to respond when asked if he approves of the cake cutting that occurred right after the loss against Australia in Brisbane.

English and Aussies get drunk reminiscing a wonderful knock when they lose a match would be the Western equivalent of what we saw under Misbah.

But have you seen the difference between a Stokes, Cummins, Kohli or Bumrah compared to Imam, Babar, Azam, Shadab and even Haris Rauf?

Who looks fitter and stronger to you?

Stokes doesn't look fit he would be injured alot more if he bowled more.

I think as an Indian fan you need to be more concerned with India not winning anything in the lat 10 years.

And Pakistan still winning an icc trophy even after munching unhealthy food.

Next time, instead of being our servents and serving as food, you need to practice more on the ground.

I think as an Indian fan you need to be more concerned with India not winning anything in the lat 10 years.

And Pakistan still winning an icc trophy even after munching unhealthy food.

Next time, instead of being our servents and serving as food, you need to practice more on the ground.
This is a good point. A healthy , fit Misbah was a serial loser who lost everything while he played

On the other hand, fat Inzi did win a World Cup

Fitness and nutrition standards are excuses given by the likes of Hafeez.

Pakistan can easily win without such things.

This is a good point. A healthy , fit Misbah was a serial loser who lost everything while he played

On the other hand, fat Inzi did win a World Cup

Fitness and nutrition standards are excuses given by the likes of Hafeez.

Pakistan can easily win without such things.
like i said, next time instead of bending and serving Pakistani team, maybe work hard and win atleast 1 icc trophy

Back