[PICTURES/VIDEOS] Kolkata Knight Riders crowned champions of IPL 2024 after defeating Sunrisers Hyderabad by 8 wickets

Which side will win the IPL trophy this season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This is why I despise T20 leagues where bowlers are redundant from ball 1 - 69/0 in 20 balls - w t fudge !!!

83/0 in 4 - rubbish - not cricket - make pitches where bowlers have at least a little say !!!

This is why I despise T20 leagues where bowlers are redundant from ball 1 - 69/0 in 20 balls - w t fudge !!!
Do you honestly think KL Rahul and Kohli would do the same against same bowling? They would be like 25 for 0 in 3 overs. IT is the intent of the batsmen. This is why i hate these anchors at the top.

Lalit Yadav's full balls didn't concede any boundary yet he bowled pitched up deliveries which goes for boundaries..

These are not some phattu bowlers. Nortje, Kuldeep are good bowlers. Just the sheer intent to keep going is why only SRH bats like this. Other teams are nowhere close to SRH except may be KKR>

Rishabh Pant's brain should be checked for lack of game awareness....good awful captain :facepalm:

This turbo charged power hitting will become the template for all teams other than best opening pair aka rizbar.

Rishabh Pant's brain should be checked for lack of game awareness....good awful captain :facepalm:

Pace off is one way to go. But the way Head is setting himself up with a golf swing he is going to punish any length. Yorker length is the only length that is safe.

Be honest guys. Do you really like this batting dominance?
Don't you miss those matches when 160-180 used to feel such a tough score to chase due to bowling pitches.

Be honest guys. Do you really like this batting dominance?
Don't you miss those matches when 160-180 used to feel such a tough score to chase due to bowling pitches.
Are you saying Babar Azam and Rizwan would score 120 runs in 6 overs against same attack on the same pitch? Just appreciate the mindset instead of cribbig about pitch. Srilanka scored 43 runs in 3rd over against India in 1996 owrld cup league game exactly on the same ground we are playing now. Only because Jauasuriya showed intent.

Travis head didn't attack KUldeep. It was all Abhsihek. That is where they are edangerous. Head is dominating against pace. ABhishe dominating against both pace and spin.

Pairing up is important in T20. You cannot have 2 batsmen who have same weakness at the crease. This is where SRH batting is superior. They have two insane spin bashers who can also dominate pacers when they are off. Same we have pace bashers who can also domiante spinners

I'm very, very keen to do so - Dinesh Karthik on WC return for India
"I also feel there are three very, very stable, honest people who are at their helm to decide what should be the best Indian team for the World Cup. Rahul Dravid, Rohit Sharma, and Ajit Agarkar. And I'm completely with them. I respect any decision that they take. But all I can say is I'm 100% ready. And you know I'll do everything I can to be on that flight to the World Cup,"
Click here to view more : http://www.cricbuzz.com/cricket-new...o-do-so-dinesh-karthik-on-wc-return-for-india

"I also feel there are three very, very stable, honest people who are at their helm to decide what should be the best Indian team for the World Cup. Rahul Dravid, Rohit Sharma, and Ajit Agarkar. And I'm completely with them. I respect any decision that they take. But all I can say is I'm 100% ready. And you know I'll do everything I can to be on that flight to the World Cup,"
Click here to view more : http://www.cricbuzz.com/cricket-new...o-do-so-dinesh-karthik-on-wc-return-for-india
Rohit is DK's very close friend but even then I don't see him back.

Nortje to Nitish Reddy, no run, ouch! Nitish Reddy cops a blow on his box and he's down for the count - short and angling into the right-hander, Nitish was hurried by Nortje's pace as he shaped for the pull and missed

we do not have destructive players in our likely 15 except the GOAT Bumrah - kisi ko bhi le jao , ki farq painda hai !

Quality knock by Shahanaz Nadeem.. 28 ball fifty by him 👏.. he quietly scored a fifty, his first one in ipl
I always thought he was an underachiever for the talent he posses. To me he is more talented than Axar Patel. But massively underperforms.

This is going to happen in world T20 when Australia bats.
IPL - the strongest & the wealthiest brand - if they cannot provide Head's & Klassen's , they can surely provide juicy pitches - why make a mockery of league cricket , even gully cricket has a contest !!!

IPL - the strongest & the wealthiest brand - if they cannot provide Head's & Klassen's , they can surely provide juicy pitches - why make a mockery of league cricket , even gully cricket has a contest !!!

SRH has adopted the principle of going hard at the bowling. Beause they go hard, opposition also force themselves to go hard. If you look at high scoring games, it happens mostly with SRH or KKR. Some times MI. I have seen far flatter pitches in the 2000s where Younis khan scored a 100 to hunt down 300 total in 40 odd overs. But six hitting skills have dramatically increased something that was done mainly by Jayasuriya and inconsistent Afridi. MSD and Yuvi also did well early on. But nowadays everyone is training to hit sixes specifically. Teams that don't do that are f ound wanting like India. Only Rohit attempts to hit. But he takes a single after six.

I demand retirement of Pant from T20 cricket right after this game.

Shameful display :mad:

Not everyone can bat like SRH. Head and Abhishek are beasts in power play.

Only Royals can match SRH’s firepower.

Another commanding performance by SRH as they beat DC by 67 runs. They are looking good to qualify for the playoffs.
RimGAzU.png

Another match in this IPL where more than 450 runs were scored. Some crazy batting by batters from both teams.

HBRC7IG.png

Young Indian batting talent on display as always. But the pitches reminded me of the one we got in Rawalpindi last season in PSL. Absolutely no relief for the bowlers whatsoever.

Also generally it becomes a good practice to try to hit out every ball because every ball is coming to bat with hit me tag but for batters. This practice doesn't work on balanced or bowling assisted pitches. Because your see ball, hit ball practice is not as applicable.

It's always best to at least have a variety of pitches and conditions if you cannot get balanced ones across all venues and games.

I was watching the highlights. Fraser was going well and then all of a sudden Pant was like 30 of some 28 deliveries.
He is never a good T20 batsman. He tries to overhit ,loses shape. We have seen him in international T20.He is good for ODIs and Tests. Not T20.

Young Indian batting talent on display as always. But the pitches reminded me of the one we got in Rawalpindi last season in PSL. Absolutely no relief for the bowlers whatsoever.

Also generally it becomes a good practice to try to hit out every ball because every ball is coming to bat with hit me tag but for batters. This practice doesn't work on balanced or bowling assisted pitches. Because your see ball, hit ball practice is not as applicable.

It's always best to at least have a variety of pitches and conditions if you cannot get balanced ones across all venues and games.
Delhi pitch is usually the hardest pi tch to score runs in teh IPL history. Before 2023 world cup they changed that pitch and relaid. Remember South Africa battered Srilanka. Srilanka also battered them in return fell short by few runs. I think SA scored 400 plus. Since then this has been a batting pitch. But funnily England failed to chase 284 against Afghanistan on this ground.

Head, Natarajan shine in run-fest as Sunrisers Hyderabad win by 67 ru​

T Natarajan produced a sensational spell and claimed a four-fer as Sunrisers Hyderabad registered a massive 67-run win over Delhi Capitals. With the win, SRH moved to the second spot on the points table. Travis Head set the stage on fire with a 16-ball half-century as Sunrisers Hyderabad posted 266/7 in 20 overs. Head (89) and Abhishek Sharma (46) helped SRH break the record of the highest score in powerplay in T20 cricket - 125. At one stage, 300 looked likely but Kuldeep Yadav claimed three quick wickets to stop them
reach there. Shahbaz Ahmed also gave a fine finishing touch to the innings with his 59*-run knock at the end.

Source: The Hindustan Times

This year IPL feel like a complete drag. Why can't they host 2 games over the weekend? I am also not a fan of impact player rule. 300 is now becoming norm even in T20.

SRH scored 266/7 in 20 overs, with 125 runs coming in the powerplay. Travis Head led the charge with a quickfire 89 off 32 balls, including a 16-ball 50. Sunil Gavaskar came close to losing his composure on air as he expressed concern over bowlers' struggles amid the rising 200-plus totals in the IPL:

“I wouldn't suggest any changes to a cricket bat because they are all within regulations, but I have been saying this for a long time, increase the size of the boundary at every ground. Look at this ground today, there is enough space to take it back a little more by a couple of metres. It can often prove to be the difference between a catch and a sixer. You can push that LED or advertisement boards even further so that the boundary rope can go back by 2-3 metres and that will make a difference. Otherwise, the bowlers are the only ones who will suffer.”

SRH scored 266/7 in 20 overs, with 125 runs coming in the powerplay. Travis Head led the charge with a quickfire 89 off 32 balls, including a 16-ball 50. Sunil Gavaskar came close to losing his composure on air as he expressed concern over bowlers' struggles amid the rising 200-plus totals in the IPL:

“I wouldn't suggest any changes to a cricket bat because they are all within regulations, but I have been saying this for a long time, increase the size of the boundary at every ground. Look at this ground today, there is enough space to take it back a little more by a couple of metres. It can often prove to be the difference between a catch and a sixer. You can push that LED or advertisement boards even further so that the boundary rope can go back by 2-3 metres and that will make a difference. Otherwise, the bowlers are the only ones who will suffer.”
It's not the cricket tournament,it's simply a competition between teams to see who can score the highest total.

Back