[PICTURES/VIDEOS] Physical fitness camp in Kakul, attended by 29 Pakistani players comes to an end [Update at Post#228]

MenInG

PakPassion Administrator
Staff member
Runs
Pakistan T20 players to undergo Physical fitness camp in Kakul from tomorrow

Lahore, 25 March 2024:

The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) today announces that 29 players will undergo a fitness camp in Kakul, Abbottabad. The camp, organised in collaboration with the Pakistan Army, is strategically designed to prepare the players for the upcoming series and tournaments, including the home T20I series against New Zealand, the away T20I series against Ireland and England, and the forthcoming ICC T20 World Cup in USA and West Indies.

The camp is scheduled to commence from March 26 and will conclude on April 8. The players will report in the camp later today.

The camp will focus on team building and aims to enhance the physical and mental strength of the players, ensuring they are in the best condition to face the challenges ahead. Under the guidance of experienced trainers and coaches, the players will undergo a comprehensive training regime tailored to elevate their fitness levels, agility, leadership and strategic thinking and overall performance on the field.

Players names are:

Babar Azam, Mohammad Rizwan, Saim Ayub, Fakhar Zaman, Sahibzada Farhan, Haseebullah, Saud Shakeel, Usman Khan, Mohammad Haris, Salman Ali Agha, Azam Khan, Iftikhar Ahmed, Irfan Khan Niazi, Shadab Khan, Imad Wasim, Usama Mir, Mohammad Nawaz, Mehran Mumtaz, Abrar Ahmed, Shaheen Shah Afridi, Naseem Shah, Mohammad Abbas Afridi, Hasan Ali, Mohammad Ali, Zaman Khan, Mohammad Wasim Jnr, Aamir Jamal, Haris Rauf, and Mohammad Amir

Don’t mind Saifi not in there. With Usman in the wings, he can finally retire from T20s and focus on the other two formats

Honestly happy with most of the selections. Maybe Sharjeel and Omair could have been chosen over Rizwan and Haseebullah as well as Hasnain and Dahani over Hasan Ali and Wasim Jr but nonetheless a good start

So so happy to see Usman in there! Happy to see all the names. Well done new PCB! Lets hope the selectors make some sensible squad selection.

Shahnawaz Dahani, Umar Akmal, Ahmed Shehzad all would be just flared up from their non inclusion.

Shahnawaz Dahani, Umar Akmal, Ahmed Shehzad all would be just flared up from their non inclusion.

Umar Akmal and Ahmed Shehzad have baggage, they both have been given a lot of unlimited chances which they have squandered, they have wasted their 9 lives and no one is interested in them as a result now

Umar Akmal and Ahmed Shehzad have baggage, they both have been given a lot of unlimited chances which they have squandered, they have wasted their 9 lives and no one is interested in them as a result now
Fair enough, but Shehzad had been playing fine of late if Imad and Amir can be there then why not him?

That shouldn't be the criteria for selection.

If a player is performing and showing signs of improvement then they should be given a chance.

On what basis was hasebullah chosen over shehzad who's actually been performing as of late?

If pther countries followed our nonsense policies then someone like rohit sharma wouldn't have ever been an atg goat opener.

He was a failure but he clearly improved day by day to become a hitman. Shehzad has been out for nearly 6 years, that's enough time for someone to show improvement, ontop of that he also has seemed to fix his attitude issues and is more them happy to perform in the middle order.

Babar Azam the first name on the list. Is it a hint?

Captain? A journalist has posted on X about Babar being the new captain of Pakistan team

Not sure what the remit is for this camp but I expect Amir, Imad and Azam to struggle in this.

They will need to make some exceptions to get some of these guys survive this experience.

Usman Khan is massively overrated

Proper tullaybaz that can't play short ball at all. I can assure that he will not find any success, bookmark this post.
According to few PP experts he's better than Babar and Rizwan. This guy is a sitting duck against pace.

Is there any evidence that these short camps even help?

Fitness is a long term commitment, especially for professional athletes. You can’t just train hard for 2 weeks and then be in the shape required to play professional sports.

According to few PP experts he's better than Babar and Rizwan. This guy is a sitting duck against pace.

If we are talking about impact, he could possibly hit a rapid 70 off 40 balls in 1 out 5 matches and lead Pakistan to a win.

But if we are talking about averages and stat padding, no one is better than Babar or Rizwan.

Only a fool would bet against them.

If a player is performing and showing signs of improvement then they should be given a chance.

On what basis was hasebullah chosen over shehzad who's actually been performing as of late?

If pther countries followed our nonsense policies then someone like rohit sharma wouldn't have ever been an atg goat opener.

He was a failure but he clearly improved day by day to become a hitman. Shehzad has been out for nearly 6 years, that's enough time for someone to show improvement, ontop of that he also has seemed to fix his attitude issues and is more them happy to perform in the middle order.
Ahmed Shehzad is not even good enough to have been selected for a PSL team.

Even if he was selected for a PSL team and had the highest scoring season of all time, we have all seen time and time again how he looks against competent attacks. Bashing league teams does not mean you’re going to be good at international cricket, it’s a completely different skill set.

If we are talking about impact, he could possibly hit a rapid 70 off 40 balls in 1 out 5 matches and lead Pakistan to a win.

But if we are talking about averages and stat padding, no one is better than Babar or Rizwan.

First let him play at least one international match and perform before you declare he can score 70 off 40 in 1 out of 5 matches.

I heard the same thing about Azam Khan and then saw how he could not even pass 10 runs in any of the 8 matches he played.

In the mind of some fans, we have Vivian Richards, ABD, and Kohli all waiting on the bench they just haven’t been given opportunities :ROFLMAO:

Why not Ahmed Shehzad and Kamran Ghulam??? This is hilarious that we are ignoring our domestic season performers.

Ahmed Shehzad is not even good enough to have been selected for a PSL team.

Even if he was selected for a PSL team and had the highest scoring season of all time, we have all seen time and time again how he looks against competent attacks. Bashing league teams does not mean you’re going to be good at international cricket, it’s a completely different skill set.
My point Is NZ is sending their b,c and d string against us.

They don't care about being thrashed 4-1, last time they came they just want to find 2 or 3 players from a string of weaklings to incorporate into the main team.

Rachin, Darly Mitchell and Mark Chapman became the superstar finds for them so they were incporated with Glenn Philips, Williamson, Devon Conway etc etc.

We should be sending an entire b team but that won't happen, Babar and rizwan can't wait to Bully and strike their super centuries and then get humiliated in the world cup. Literally 2023 is repeating itself Black and blue lol.

Even in that Afghanistan series that we lost, if he hadn't pressed the panic button, we'd realise that in the 3rd game we managed to win cause saim ayub came good and deserved to be given a rope but our brain dead management decided to send Abdullah as a world cup opener, Abdullah the man who has a record of 4 ducks in a row in t20 Mashallah.

Shehzad has been performing well in domestic, and is willing to play inbthe middle order, he alongside tayyab, usman Khan, Haider Ali, saud shakeel, and pretty much our entire c strings desrves to play in the upcoming NZ series considering their also sending their d strings like last time.

Let me tell you what will happen and bookmark this comment when this happens.

" Nz will send their c string while Pakistan sends their full strength, NZ will get humiliated and then every fan as well as all of PP will erupt in joy and praise babar and rizwan and claim how these 2 are like oxygen for our team,

Then as world cup starts, bullying usa, Canada and Ireland will get us joyed, and finally India and the big teams will beat us so badly thay fans will start wondering and act suprised as to what happened.

Then you'll get excuses such as maybe babar and rizwan went out of form at the wrong time, or that were unlucky etc etc and some fans will start hating on the team.

then everyone will get amnesia and forget all about our humiliating defeat and performance will act as if Bobby and rizzu are on cloud 9 pre 2025 ct only for the exact same thing to happen again"

I wonder who will emerge as the fittest out of the 29 in this camp. My bet is on Riz

Some of these guys might get injured during the fitness camp

Some of these guys might get injured during the fitness camp

Yup guys that can't even bowl 4 overs. Maybe it might toughen them up. Some are definitely going to need extra attention

My point Is NZ is sending their b,c and d string against us.

They don't care about being thrashed 4-1, last time they came they just want to find 2 or 3 players from a string of weaklings to incorporate into the main team.

Rachin, Darly Mitchell and Mark Chapman became the superstar finds for them so they were incporated with Glenn Philips, Williamson, Devon Conway etc etc.

We should be sending an entire b team but that won't happen, Babar and rizwan can't wait to Bully and strike their super centuries and then get humiliated in the world cup. Literally 2023 is repeating itself Black and blue lol.

Even in that Afghanistan series that we lost, if he hadn't pressed the panic button, we'd realise that in the 3rd game we managed to win cause saim ayub came good and deserved to be given a rope but our brain dead management decided to send Abdullah as a world cup opener, Abdullah the man who has a record of 4 ducks in a row in t20 Mashallah.

Shehzad has been performing well in domestic, and is willing to play inbthe middle order, he alongside tayyab, usman Khan, Haider Ali, saud shakeel, and pretty much our entire c strings desrves to play in the upcoming NZ series considering their also sending their d strings like last time.

Let me tell you what will happen and bookmark this comment when this happens.

" Nz will send their c string while Pakistan sends their full strength, NZ will get humiliated and then every fan as well as all of PP will erupt in joy and praise babar and rizwan and claim how these 2 are like oxygen for our team,

Then as world cup starts, bullying usa, Canada and Ireland will get us joyed, and finally India and the big teams will beat us so badly thay fans will start wondering and act suprised as to what happened.

Then you'll get excuses such as maybe babar and rizwan went out of form at the wrong time, or that were unlucky etc etc and some fans will start hating on the team.

then everyone will get amnesia and forget all about our humiliating defeat and performance will act as if Bobby and rizzu are on cloud 9 pre 2025 ct only for the exact same thing to happen again"
New Zealand played their full strength side against us in January.

Conway, Allen, Williamson, Daryl Mitchell, Chapman, Glenn Phillips, Henry, Southee, Milne, Sodhi , and Ben Sears all played.

The reason that we are going to be playing their C strength side now is because all of their best players are playing IPL.

You pretend like all formats are the same. Abdullah Shafique ended up being one of the best performing batsmen we had in the WC.

We’re only a few months away from the WC, teams are playing their full strength sides like New Zealand did in the last T20 series against us in January. The only reason they won’t this time is because their best performers are in IPL. Investing in players happens in domestic cricket, List A, and FC and when there’s a lot more time before a WC. Right now Pakistan not even know for sure what our top 4 will be in the WC, it’s not the time to send a B side.

If you are talking about international cricket he won't score 70 runs off 40 balls unless he plays teams like Uganda. There is no chance him scoring them sorts of runs against proper bowling attacks.

In the mind of some fans, we have Vivian Richards, ABD, and Kohli all waiting on the bench they just haven’t been given opportunities :ROFLMAO:
I wouldn't put past them. According to them the like of Usman, sharjeel etc are the Abd etc.

I agree i think Usman wont do well but he deserves a chance was the leading or 2nd leadinh scorer cant be a fluke..what about the guy who was called chucking surely he cud hav me been a weapon even though he didnt do well in his last game

Am I high on something from Sehri or have I actually read Hassan Ali’s name from the list??? If he somehow finds a way to weasel into the WT20 squad then I may need to seek therapy.

Also, by the time the NZ series commences, Azam Khan will still be completing the fitness camp lol.

Am I high on something from Sehri or have I actually read Hassan Ali’s name from the list??? If he somehow finds a way to weasel into the WT20 squad then I may need to seek therapy.

Also, by the time the NZ series commences, Azam Khan will still be completing the fitness camp lol.
He will be still doing the first lap.

How does it feel not to be part of the camp Sarfraz?
Saifi does not need to be part of any camp. I can tell he is content not being part of the T20 team which I respect

Rizwan on the other hand needs to stay in not just the XI but as an opener because if he doesn’t than his T20 career will go tata bye bye. Then everything will fall like a house of cards, his pr will be erased, his spot ok the odi team will go and he is already the water boy for the test team.

New Zealand played their full strength side against us in January.

Conway, Allen, Williamson, Daryl Mitchell, Chapman, Glenn Phillips, Henry, Southee, Milne, Sodhi , and Ben Sears all played.

The reason that we are going to be playing their C strength side now is because all of their best players are playing IPL.

You pretend like all formats are the same. Abdullah Shafique ended up being one of the best performing batsmen we had in the WC.

We’re only a few months away from the WC, teams are playing their full strength sides like New Zealand did in the last T20 series against us in January. The only reason they won’t this time is because their best performers are in IPL. Investing in players happens in domestic cricket, List A, and FC and when there’s a lot more time before a WC. Right now Pakistan not even know for sure what our top 4 will be in the WC, it’s not the time to send a B side.
And they dog walked us, did I say we should play our c string against their full string? Did I mention Jan? No then why bring it up?

No he wasn't, Abdullah scored in 1 game, then failed 5x in a row. He got humiliated as an opener by fakhar zaman return.

He and imam were considered jokes due to how slow they start of as openers.

Again, Mark and highlight my comment, once world cup ends. I've given you the comment in bold.

Saifi does not need to be part of any camp. I can tell he is content not being part of the T20 team which I respect

Rizwan on the other hand needs to stay in not just the XI but as an opener because if he doesn’t than his T20 career will go tata bye bye. Then everything will fall like a house of cards, his pr will be erased, his spot ok the odi team will go and he is already the water boy for the test team.
What happened to you wanting him to captain Pakistan in t20s yesterday?

Rizwan is already out greatest wk even if he retires today. I can imagine the pain of yours seeing rizwan play every game for Pakistan, while sarfraz sits at home.

Basically they are planning to end the career of Azam Khan, because after this he may not be able to stand properly for 4.5 seconds. But yes after this he will make sure to have some light food like lemon chicken, paneer tikka and fried chicken from now on.
Alas feel sorry for him.

Bdw there is one hardcore sarfaraz fan here who is betting on Usman for being a better player than babar and rizwan.

Sir you just check some of the old videos of rizwan where he is playing offside and you should check some of the beautiful drives that he played in Australia and I know he plays mostly leg side in limited over. Cricket but that doesn't mean his offside is weak. He just doesn't practice now for offside or doesn't intend to score in that area which he should I agree but that doesn't mean his offside his weak that was my point.

I saw Usman khan's game in psl and let me tell you right now he is not gonna survive in international cricket and I am not even sure will he even get a game first to showcase his struggle.

Last edited by a moderator:
Shahzad and sarfraz are finished at intl level no one is advocating for their return.

The only gripe is with shahzad he at least deserves to play psl and close of his career at domestic level he's being denied that.

Im surprised that Arif Yaqoob was ignored

Fitness is a long term commitment, especially for professional athletes. You can’t just train hard for 2 weeks and then be in the shape required to play professional sports.
Absolute waste of time. Fitness is an on going thing, not a tap that you switch on and off.

Usman Tariq deserved to be there.

Don't know what nawaz and hassan ali are doing there.
I would've taken in Usman Tariq. Mystery bowlers like him are perfect to be used as unknown/new weapons. When the teams haven't much seen him in real life.

I would've taken in Usman Tariq. Mystery bowlers like him are perfect to be used as unknown/new weapons. When the teams haven't much seen him in real life.
Definitely.

The guy lost confidence after being called, but before that he was bamboozling the batsmen.

He just needed that confidence back and he would have been a real trump card.

Let's be real and honest, you can't compare Shehzad, Umar Akmal with Rohit Sharma, the talent, game awareness, iq levels are totally different. Rohit is a much more disciplined batsman who knows how to navigate through periods of tough bowling spells and his shot selection improved with time. Shehzad was always found wanting at the international level plus these guys burnt their goodwill with everyone, even Nadeem Omar has had enough of them.

wow!! Wahab you beauty… zero complains on the 29 selected. All on Merit are the best available Pakistani players.

Imad and Amir add the required experience in the team, we had far too many novices in the past but now it looks like the main core is back.

I am delighted to see Saud and Salman. I rate them both highly, playing in the middle overs on LOI is no joke any longer, I am also in favour of keeping Saud as the main back up openers as he impressed me way more than. sahibzada.

We have Fakhar who we will bank on regardless so taking Saud gives us many options including some bowling too.

Usman Khan is a tricky one, the guy may end up replacing Rizwan in t20’s if the new management have bottle and rizwan form continues a downward spiral.

Opening in the PSL this year his SR was criminal and the guy lost yet another final.

A player can have a habit of losing finals and Rizwan has lost a lot of them.

Bowling with Amir back should strengthen the team, it all depends on the rotation of the players tho. In West Indies Imad/ Saim may open the bowling,

Haris may be used only after 6th over.
Squeeze any runs for the opp until the 16 over and finish with an over from all 4 quicks.

With Shadab, Imad, Ifti in team we can play 4 pacers.

On paper we have the best team but then again games aren’t played on paper.

Let's be real and honest, you can't compare Shehzad, Umar Akmal with Rohit Sharma, the talent, game awareness, iq levels are totally different. Rohit is a much more disciplined batsman who knows how to navigate through periods of tough bowling spells and his shot selection improved with time. Shehzad was always found wanting at the international level plus these guys burnt their goodwill with everyone, even Nadeem Omar has had enough of them.
What I'm saying is, we need to give our entire b and c string side a go. For nz series as nz players are playing ipl, from this side we can develop 2 or 3 players that can be incorporated into the main team and build a proper team.

The reality is our middle order is beyond fragile, which is why we need testing but that won't happen as pur full strength always plays.

Pak was able to draw test series 2-2 in England after similar kakul camp.

The fitness of the players as can be seen is very bad , definitely this camp will help players back on track.

These Pakistani players atleast 95% of them have been around for a long time and they now know the fitness levels they need to reach and strive for international cricket, they should not be needing this Kakul Camp. It is one thing if these guys were raw at the international level.

The PCB needs to have the minimum fitness standards needed in the central contracts or the players don't get picked or paid in full. The fact the PCB flip flops, doesn't enforce its rules and bows down to Paindu's like Babar let us eat whatever we want, let us train whenever we want and don't want doesn't help.

Don’t mind Saifi not in there. With Usman in the wings, he can finally retire from T20s and focus on the other two formats

Honestly happy with most of the selections. Maybe Sharjeel and Omair could have been chosen over Rizwan and Haseebullah as well as Hasnain and Dahani over Hasan Ali and Wasim Jr but nonetheless a good start
What has Haseebullah done to warrant a place in the squad ?

They should have called Usman Tariq into the camp. If his bowling action is cleared, he could be our trump card in the World Cup.

I thin I am one of the few on this forum, but for me, I am not sold on Usman Khan. I know he had a good PSL & fulfils the role Pakistan needs at No.3-4.

However, picking someone on the basis of a couple of good knocks is setting a dangerous precedents.

Just a few good knocks & you make Pakistan team is not the way to implement merit selections.

I thin I am one of the few on this forum, but for me, I am not sold on Usman Khan. I know he had a good PSL & fulfils the role Pakistan needs at No.3-4.

However, picking someone on the basis of a couple of good knocks is setting a dangerous precedents.

Just a few good knocks & you make Pakistan team is not the way to implement merit selections.
Yeah he should have been called to play domestic cricket here first then he must have been picked for any camp... this way other deserving players will get disappointed.

40 balls 70 isn't rapid Babar can play these type of innings day in day out

40 balls 70 isn't rapid Babar can play these type of innings day in day out
"Play these innings day in day out"

Yes if the opposition is Uganda, Nepal or Ireland. If he is in good touch than maybe vs Zimbabwe but that would require a few drop catches

I hope this fitness camp is a high standard of and difficult to pass, you don't pass you go home. (and others like it can remain a permanent fixture)

A total of 25 players took part in the initial training session today while Babar Azam, Naseem Shah, and Iftikhar Ahmed are expected to join the camp on Wednesday after returning from Saudi Arabia. Meanwhile, fast bowler Mohammad Amir is set to arrive at the academy today.

Ifthikhar should provide real birth certificate to join this camp! No overly age BS. We know he won’t be able perform in international

Babar can hit a 40 ball 70 regularly?

Hahaha

Last edited by a moderator:
After PSL, I felt Jahandad Khan was the standout all rounder when it comes to pace bowling. He deserved a place in the 29 probables.

I am shocked that sir imam and sir masood are not included in this camp. However, I think PCB has made up for this mistake by their decision to include the great hassan ali and revolutionary all rounder Nawaz in the camp. I also appreciate PCB’s revolutionary decision of including Haseebullah in the probables of upcoming T20WC.

I am shocked that sir imam and sir masood are not included in this camp. However, I think PCB has made up for this mistake by their decision to include the great hassan ali and revolutionary all rounder Nawaz in the camp. I also appreciate PCB’s revolutionary decision of including Haseebullah in the probables of upcoming T20WC.
Imam was never a part of the t20 lineup, he can't even be selected for his own league lol.

Shan masood is a suprise, it thought his parchi status would allow him to cross over.

If this training camp also means that these players are probables for the world cup then it is pretty shocking to see quite a few names there. If it just a training camp then ok, fine.

If this training camp also means that these players are probables for the world cup then it is pretty shocking to see quite a few names there. If it just a training camp then ok, fine.
Naw, from these 29, 15 will be chosen. That's what I checked. I forgot the source though, if I find it, I'll get back to you.

Back