PPCL | Cornered Tigers | Team Thread | #FightLikeCorneredTigers

:gayle :gayle :gayle :gayle

WE ARE ALMOST THERE BOYS!

Need to be at our best Tigers.

Clutch players.
[MENTION=151892]Thunderbolt14[/MENTION] [MENTION=152376]Manager102[/MENTION] [MENTION=134981]Bhaag Viru Bhaag[/MENTION] [MENTION=141306]sweep_shot[/MENTION] [MENTION=142013]ahmadharis1[/MENTION] [MENTION=138307]StreetSmart[/MENTION] and everyone else!

Respect to all! Well played boys.

Need to make full use of the home advantage now! :ik

#CorneredTigersTsunamiHasArrived!

:gayle :gayle :gayle :gayle

WE ARE ALMOST THERE BOYS!

Need to be at our best Tigers.

Clutch players.

[MENTION=151892]Thunderbolt14[/MENTION] [MENTION=152376]Manager102[/MENTION] [MENTION=134981]Bhaag Viru Bhaag[/MENTION] [MENTION=141306]sweep_shot[/MENTION] [MENTION=142013]ahmadharis1[/MENTION] [MENTION=138307]StreetSmart[/MENTION] and everyone else!

Respect to all! Well played boys.

Need to make full use of the home advantage now! :ik

#CorneredTigersTsunamiHasArrived!

:salute

Amazing performance today

Peaking at the right time!

[MENTION=145503]Mueez[/MENTION] for match against Assassins, either normal or spicy but preferably spicy I think. They have 3 diamond bowlers and 1 diamond bat, meaning they will have max 4 good bats on a spicy pitch and maybe even less since their strength is bowling and they might want to bowl us out by boosting a bowler or double boosting an AR.

For ourselves we will boost 3 batsmen and field 6 good bats on a spicy pitch.

[MENTION=145503]Mueez[/MENTION] for match against Assassins, either normal or spicy but preferably spicy I think. They have 3 diamond bowlers and 1 diamond bat, meaning they will have max 4 good bats on a spicy pitch and maybe even less since their strength is bowling and they might want to bowl us out by boosting a bowler or double boosting an AR.

For ourselves we will boost 3 batsmen and field 6 good bats on a spicy pitch.

Yeah bro. Think spicy would suit us the best.

Definitely no Road.

Our spicy is a bit different than other spicy pitches.

Par score is around 290-300.

Yeah bro. Think spicy would suit us the best.

Definitely no Road.

Our spicy is a bit different than other spicy pitches.

Par score is around 290-300.

Yes definitely! Need to be careful about the lineup we decide tbh. What are your thoughts

To be honest we could do that.

http://www.pakpassion.net/ppforum/s...-1-Cornered-Tigers-v-Cerebral-Assassins/page2

All the spinners bowled really well without being a 95 skill rated.

Yep exactly. And CA have 3 diamond fast bowlers which will be neutralized on our pitch I think which gives us a huge leg up if we play 4 spinners.

Let’s do spicy, field 1/4 pace/spin, and then batting lineup can be something like this:

Bowler
Bowler
Diamond
Boosted
Diamond
Boosted
Boosted
Diamond
Bowler
Bowler
Bowler

Bat first

Yep exactly. And CA have 3 diamond fast bowlers which will be neutralized on our pitch I think which gives us a huge leg up if we play 4 spinners.

Let’s do spicy, field 1/4 pace/spin, and then batting lineup can be something like this:

Bowler
Bowler
Diamond
Boosted
Diamond
Boosted
Boosted
Diamond
Bowler
Bowler
Bowler

Bat first
[MENTION=128087]last_knight[/MENTION] said that having high skilled batsmen consecutively might result in a collapse so you might wanna factor that into your lineup as well.

Btw it did happen in MU's innings today against us on Devilish track.

[MENTION=128087]last_knight[/MENTION] said that having high skilled batsmen consecutively might result in a collapse so you might wanna factor that into your lineup as well.

Btw it did happen in MU's innings today against us on Devilish track.

What we can do is break it up with a bowler in between.

Something like this:

Bowler
Diamond
Bowler
Boosted
Diamond
Boosted
Bowler
Boosted
Diamond
Bowler
Bowler

What we can do is break it up with a bowler in between.

Something like this:

Bowler
Diamond
Bowler
Boosted
Diamond
Boosted
Bowler
Boosted
Diamond
Bowler
Bowler

Sorry for the late reply bro...

How about we go for:

Bowler
Bowler
Boosted
Diamond
Boosted
Diamond
Boosted
Diamond
Bowler
Bowler
Bowler

Let’s finalize this tomorrow...

How about we go for:

Bowler
Bowler
Boosted
Diamond
Boosted
Diamond
Boosted
Diamond
Bowler
Bowler
Bowler

:salute as you say skip, looks great. Let’s go for it

It isn’t finalized bro! Would like to know your thoughts about this.

After all it is because of you - we have made the semis :salute

I think it looks good! Hadi is right though that if there are two or three quick wickets we might be looking at a collapse. Maybe sneak a bowler in halfway through?
[MENTION=128087]last_knight[/MENTION] after our 3 openers strategy, pinch hitter strategy, and 5 tailender strategy, what do you think about us sneaking a bowler halfway through the batting lineup :)))

How about we go for:

Bowler
Bowler
Boosted
Diamond
Boosted
Diamond
Boosted
Diamond
Bowler
Bowler
Bowler

Bowler
Bowler
Diamond
Boosted
Diamond
Boosted
Boosted
Diamond
Bowler
Bowler
Bowler
[MENTION=145503]Mueez[/MENTION] slight modification to your lineup to shield the boosted bats down the order (they have been extremely clutch lower down in previous matches)

I have maintained your inversion strategy which is a good idea.

I think it looks good! Hadi is right though that if there are two or three quick wickets we might be looking at a collapse. Maybe sneak a bowler in halfway through?

[MENTION=128087]last_knight[/MENTION] after our 3 openers strategy, pinch hitter strategy, and 5 tailender strategy, what do you think about us sneaking a bowler halfway through the batting lineup :)))

Haha we have had some legendary tactics bro :))

Bowler
Bowler
Diamond
Boosted
Diamond
Boosted
Boosted
Diamond
Bowler
Bowler
Bowler

[MENTION=145503]Mueez[/MENTION] slight modification to your lineup to shield the boosted bats down the order (they have been extremely clutch lower down in previous matches)

I have maintained your inversion strategy which is a good idea.

Sounds good bro!

Think the boosted bats at 4/6/7 will come very handy.

InshAllah we will do our best and win.

Toh phir pakka hai na spicy pitch?

Sounds good bro!

Think the boosted bats at 4/6/7 will come very handy.

InshAllah we will do our best and win.

Toh phir pakka hai na spicy pitch?

Yep. we need to play aggressive cricket and target their weak points. I have faith in our bats, and not much faith in theirs :afridi

Suggestions at a critical juncture only create illusions that lure us to entrapment.

Perfect Method.

We can't identify what went wrong if we were executing plans of others.

When we execute our own plans, we learn even if we lose. That help us in moving forward.

Agreed :salute this is why we have been open to experimenting in previous games as well to validate some of our hypotheses (e.g super bowlers on flat track don’t take wickets but have better economies). The strategy didn’t work but we learned more about what is the best Tigers combination for future matches.

Regarding the match against Assassins, I consider ourselves hot favorites. However, at the Cage, anything is possible.

[MENTION=151892]Thunderbolt14[/MENTION] bowl first or bat?

I think we should bowl first.

Yeah definitely bat first, LH got destroyed in one match because they bowled first :)))

Waisey I think we should be able to chase whatever target they set.

I have full faith in my batsmen! :afridi

[MENTION=145503]Mueez[/MENTION] what happened to analyzing every game before deciding your tactics? :yk2

Bro I thought on spicy pitches it is easier to chase with three super batsmen.

I believe it will work out as well for us, iA!

Bowling skill doesn’t matter if we are able to restrict them around 240-250, we should be able to chase it.

Out of three super bats one is bound to fail on a spicy pitch.

Same applies for if you have two.

I believe Canistani Hero will fail and the other super bat will score some runs.

CA are playing with two 95 bats, one 85 and 75 or lower.

We have three 95s, 3 85s.

That should definitely help us with batting.

Bowling skill doesn’t matter if we are able to restrict them around 240-250, we should be able to chase it.

Bro it's been a known fact throughout the ODI tournament that spicy is way too toss dependent - if you don't bat first, you've almost for sure lost the toss barring the type of miracle we witness in a couple round 6 (or was it round 7) games. :danish

Bro it's been a known fact throughout the ODI tournament that spicy is way too toss dependent - if you don't bat first, you've almost for sure lost the toss barring the type of miracle we witness in a couple round 6 (or was it round 7) games. :danish

Yaar dekho kya banta hai :usman

Let’s see.

iA!

If we win this toss, I’m going to die laughing. If we win the game, I’m going to die partying.

We are winning, iA!

The match is being played at the Cage.

I’d lost hope if it was being played at another venue than our home ground.

Trust me bhai, all will be well :)))

We are winning, iA!

The match is being played at the Cage.

I’d lost hope if it was being played at another venue than our home ground.

Trust me bhai, all will be well :)))

I have full trust in you :salute Just send some of that sweet :money my way and I won’t tell anyone :srt

Our One Day journey comes to an end.

What a wild ride it has been! With great heights and sad lows.

Brilliant performances by [MENTION=151892]Thunderbolt14[/MENTION] [MENTION=134981]Bhaag Viru Bhaag[/MENTION], [MENTION=152376]Manager102[/MENTION], [MENTION=139314]ARK Rafay[/MENTION], [MENTION=142013]ahmadharis1[/MENTION], [MENTION=138307]StreetSmart[/MENTION] and [MENTION=141306]sweep_shot[/MENTION] will be remembered for a long time!

Need to come back stronger than ever for the T20s!

Yeah. It has been a great ODI tournament for us despite the semi-final loss.

On to the T20 leg now.

[MENTION=151892]Thunderbolt14[/MENTION] I cannot thank you enough! You have been the “real captain” of Cornered Tigers.

Bhai seriously love you yaar :heart:

[MENTION=145503]Mueez[/MENTION] :salute it’s been a good run

Academy will be targeting us so if I go dark please tell Mehwish I love her.

Man, woke up to the L.

Was a close match and we put in amazing effort through the whole campaign.

We will come back stronger for sure!

:))) Let’s lay low for a while. It is better for our safety :))

Tell Hania too that I love her and she could always contact me if she is in any sort of problem.

Thoughts on pitch for the semi-finals [MENTION=151892]Thunderbolt14[/MENTION] bhai?

[MENTION=55088]Watsupdoc[/MENTION] keep with the times :afridi you geezers are still using newspapers to get tabloid information

I’m thinking to go for a normal pitch.

Because they have three diamonds bats and one diamond bowler.

What we can do is boost two batsmen and one spinner.

As it is T20 not everyone will get a chance to bat - so we can compensate not boosting another bat!

What do you think? [MENTION=151892]Thunderbolt14[/MENTION]

As it is T20 not everyone will get a chance to bat - so we can compensate not boosting another bat!

Go for it sir! I think I would do the same :salute

[MENTION=55088]Watsupdoc[/MENTION] keep with the times :afridi you geezers are still using newspapers to get tabloid information

Yaar [MENTION=145503]Mueez[/MENTION] ney toh Muhje kuch aur bataya hai. He even set-up a meeting with Mehwish for me :usman

You should unboost a spinner. They seem to do better in T20s :)))

Yaar [MENTION=145503]Mueez[/MENTION] ney toh Muhje kuch aur bataya hai. He even set-up a meeting with Mehwish for me :usman

:))) koi nahi she can choose between the two of you :afridi

Waisey Asim Azhar is crying, you heard that? :ghalib :)))

Only because of me :misbah

:))) koi nahi she can choose between the two of you :afridi

Waisey Asim Azhar is crying, you heard that? :ghalib :)))

Only because of me :misbah

Yea I heard k Hania ko tum ne aisey pata ya k usney Asim ko chohr dia :ghalib :)))

This is the power of your love :)))

Back